(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 161.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Mine has the graveyard gray textured legs and rails. I'm not seeing pictures of anyone else with them. Are there more of these?

I had previously posted this photo comparing the ACNC coat to the RZ coat. Thought they'd be the same, but the one on ACNC is MUCH nicer looking (left in the photo is ACNC). It's a subjective thing, but I do prefer this over the blue option.

Alice vs RZ coat (resized).jpgAlice vs RZ coat (resized).jpg
#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

And thank you everyone for the support... ALL OF YOU. Means the world when it sometimes feels like you can do no right on any given day. Spooky is built by good people, and supported by good people. Never ever taking that for granted.
We still come to Pinside because we want the people who support us to feel like we listen and care, because we do... none of this exists without any piece of that puzzle.
Thank you all.

Charlie we got your back. Keep fighting the good fight and we can’t wait to meet you and the spooky family and bring 157 home to Milwaukee.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Charlie we got your back. Keep fighting the good fight and we can’t wait to meet you and the spooky family and bring 157 home to Milwaukee.

Milwaukee you say

#1204 4 years ago

Surely the dude with the bad screw is a Steeler fan... a big welcome to Browns Nation everyone!

Speaking from experience, Spooky customer service is top notch, truly. (Oh and ACNC is a masterpiece)

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Milwaukee you say

cavalier88z24 yep next door to Waukesha lol. PM me anytime sir to talk pinball.

#1206 4 years ago

I saw a ton of posts and thought some sort of announcement happened.. nope, it's just above-and-beyond customer service. Go team Spooky!

This reminds me of the Iron Maiden LE that shipped without a ball-trough... hard to play the game that way. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le-missing-part Pinball is HARD!

#1207 4 years ago

I run a business and firmly believe that 99% of my problems come from 1% of my customers.
Theres just no pleasing some people.

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??
[quoted image]

It looks to me like you got overexcited at the unboxing and made a mess all over the glass. Can't say I blame you.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s one of the main reasons I quit retail 7 years ago. People just got more and more demanding, and started moaning and bitching about the craziest little things.

I build automated homes and entertainment systems. I lose a lot of sleep, and I look forward to the day I retire and open a pinball arcade.

I'm so busy right now that my ACNC has been sitting in its box at a friend's all week, and I've only today gotten it delivered to my work. I won't have a chance to get it home till mid next week!

#1210 4 years ago

Just going over my machine and it seems to be missing a few little parts, could someone please confirm this for me please, the arch over the right ramp is missing a screw, the bracket on the arch that the screw goes through is about 8mm up, is there also meant to be a spacer between to bracket and where it screws to? Please see photos, also in the other photos it seems to be missing a steel spacer, is this correct?

E5573B53-CA3D-4341-B5F1-06E320997ADC (resized).jpegE5573B53-CA3D-4341-B5F1-06E320997ADC (resized).jpegC2FF7E61-4800-422E-B531-9DF2CD589C9D (resized).jpegC2FF7E61-4800-422E-B531-9DF2CD589C9D (resized).jpeg793E2BC0-6471-4E90-B257-5C5D12EC095C (resized).jpeg793E2BC0-6471-4E90-B257-5C5D12EC095C (resized).jpeg2CDC4E31-D85C-4B8E-B404-1F0D9A531137 (resized).jpeg2CDC4E31-D85C-4B8E-B404-1F0D9A531137 (resized).jpeg
#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Just going over my machine and it seems to be missing a few little parts, could someone please confirm this for me please, the arch over the right ramp is missing a screw, the bracket on the arch that the screw goes through is about 8mm up, is there also meant to be a spacer between to bracket and where it screws to? Please see photos, also in the other photos it seems to be missing a steel spacer, is this correct?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just a screw no spacer. Email me at [email protected] and we will get you a screw in the mail right away! Ill add a lock washer prevent it from happening again.

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Just a screw no spacer. Email me at [email protected] and we will get you a screw in the mail right away! Ill add a lock washer prevent it from happening again.

Thanks very much for your quick reply, I will send you and email with photos and mention a few other things as well.
cheers
Trevor

#1213 4 years ago

Received my butter ACNC and it is truly a masterpiece... the code is amazing, game is beautiful, a few out of box issues handled lightning fast by Spooky, can't get enough of it! Here is my customer service / fellow owner question: how do you get this out of your head for daily activities?
I can’t get a girl
'Cause I ain't got a car
I can't get a car
'Cause I ain't got a job
I can't get a job
'Cause I ain't got a car
So I'm looking for a girl with a job and a car

May need therapy

#1214 4 years ago

Probably gonna be a while for me I'm high 300's but, can't wait. Congrats on the new pin! If you get a chance post some pics of the machine

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Any word on the possible topper that the Minions were working on?

It's getting some code work now (little more complex than any topper we've done before).

Quoted from sleepygtr:

how do you get this out of your head for daily activities?
I can’t get a girl
'Cause I ain't got a car
I can't get a car
'Cause I ain't got a job
I can't get a job
'Cause I ain't got a car
So I'm looking for a girl with a job and a car

May need therapy

I KNOW I need therapy! And that's some genius level thinking in those lyrics... feels like my entire thought chain in 1984.

#1216 4 years ago

Spooky customer service has always been top notch. I have only had minor issues but get them resolved with lightning fast responses

I went with the hammered Gray armor as well and I think it looks great. Looks like it belongs on the outside of a castle

#1217 4 years ago

#286 butter arrived yesterday, but I just closed a new house. So painfully, I won't be unboxing until tomorrow or Sunday. I'll post some pics and a lot of nit-picky comments about the coin door latch being out of adjustment and how it makes the game unplayable.

#1218 4 years ago

So ... I was not really excited about ACNC when it was announced and subsequent gameplay videos of it didn't really change my opinion. I waited in line and got a short game in on it at this year's NW Show, but really couldn't hear it very well and walked away thinking "meh".

Consequently, it has not even made my top 15 wishlist. Until this past week that is. I finally got a chance to put in a bunch of lunchtime games over the past week at my favorite local pinball bar, and ... HOLY CRAP this game is SO COOL! I love the artwork, the screen graphics, the lighting, the audio, the code, the gameplay, and just the whole damn vibe it exudes! Spooky has really produced a fantastic game! Now I'm wondering how I could have missed this for so long? I guess there's just no substitute for getting actual time in on a game in a decent environment.

Long story not as long, I spoke to Kayte on the phone this morning and my deposit for #435 is now in! Looking forward to playing this baby at home in early 2020!

#1219 4 years ago

#200 home safe and sound! Beautiful game and fun to play. Need to learn the rules now. Thankfully my door latch was pristine so I was able to play

3409C259-DCA7-443E-860D-508B6010BB6E (resized).jpeg3409C259-DCA7-443E-860D-508B6010BB6E (resized).jpeg68025D9D-0E9F-442D-877D-D7DAD129D858 (resized).jpeg68025D9D-0E9F-442D-877D-D7DAD129D858 (resized).jpegB139B7C8-084B-4BA5-8149-B022003ABF3C (resized).jpegB139B7C8-084B-4BA5-8149-B022003ABF3C (resized).jpeg
#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thankfully my door latch was pristine so I was able to play

Congrats, good thing the coin door was ok. It would of been terrible to have to send it back over a bad latch.

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

#286 butter arrived yesterday, but I just closed a new house. So painfully, I won't be unboxing until tomorrow or Sunday. I'll post some pics and a lot of nit-picky comments about the coin door latch being out of adjustment and how it makes the game unplayable.

That is music to my ears as I'm waiting for butter #290. Shouldn't be much longer now!

#1222 4 years ago

Oh man I am loving this game! Yeah the shots are a little tight, but I love that. Makes me play better and make better choices, less luck and more skill. Spooky really knocked this one out of the park!

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

#200 home safe and sound! Beautiful game and fun to play. Need to learn the rules now. Thankfully my door latch was pristine so I was able to play [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure how to break this to you... but the volume control sticker inside your coin door is just a little crooked. I don't think your game is playable

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

#200 home safe and sound! Beautiful game and fun to play. Need to learn the rules now. Thankfully my door latch was pristine so I was able to play [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice - congrats! That is a fabulous pic of the game too - really rich looking colors!

Quoted from 27dnast:

Not sure how to break this to you... but the volume control sticker inside your coindoor is just a little crooked. I don't think your game is playable

LOL

#1226 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to a good rule sheet or video walk through?

#1227 4 years ago

Some pics from the Alice Cooper Launch Party we held tonight at my apartment in Auckland City.

50+ people showed up ... the competition ran till after 1 in the morning.

10 games at my apartment, including AMH and RZ.

rd

FFF60845-95CD-4406-A321-14A65A1A683A (resized).jpegFFF60845-95CD-4406-A321-14A65A1A683A (resized).jpeg126FD9E8-3433-46E1-B67C-19D6BCB9F23A (resized).jpeg126FD9E8-3433-46E1-B67C-19D6BCB9F23A (resized).jpeg168366B8-EBB3-40D0-89C8-6226149C5BF7 (resized).jpeg168366B8-EBB3-40D0-89C8-6226149C5BF7 (resized).jpegED2AA572-E207-450B-8436-C38B2BF45D50 (resized).jpegED2AA572-E207-450B-8436-C38B2BF45D50 (resized).jpeg
#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

So ... I was not really excited about ACNC when it was announced and subsequent gameplay videos of it didn't really change my opinion. I waited in line and got a short game in on it at this year's NW Show, but really couldn't hear it very well and walked away thinking "meh".
Consequently, it has not even made my top 15 wishlist. Until this past week that is. I finally got a chance to put in a bunch of lunchtime games over the past week at my favorite local pinball bar, and ... HOLY CRAP this game is SO COOL! I love the artwork, the screen graphics, the lighting, the audio, the code, the gameplay, and just the whole damn vibe it exudes! Spooky has really produced a fantastic game! Now I'm wondering how I could have missed this for so long? I guess there's just no substitute for getting actual time in on a game in a decent environment.
Long story not as long, I spoke to Kayte on the phone this morning and my deposit for #435 is now in! Looking forward to playing this baby at home in early 2020!

Congrats! You won't be sorry. Such a unique game. And it is still evolving.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some pics from the Alice Cooper Launch Party we held tonight at my apartment in Auckland City.

Nice place - looks like fun. Would love to make it to NZ sometime.

#1230 4 years ago

What great mods, Medisinyl. Rgb looks great with the crypt. Crypt goes great with Crypt multiball and cold ethyl. The secret passage sign is great for the newbies playing.

Can't wait to see what's next from Medisinyl. Buy with confidence. Overall great guy.
Magucchiz
Full playfield shots are with camera right in front of my face. To see if the crypt blocked anything. Look to be all good unless you are really short.

20190719_170734 (resized).jpg20190719_170734 (resized).jpg20190719_170722 (resized).jpg20190719_170722 (resized).jpg20190719_170706 (resized).jpg20190719_170706 (resized).jpg
#1231 4 years ago

I just want everyone at spooky to know I really love this game. It is beautiful and I’m having a blast playing it. The music and theme integration are spot on. Y’all are awesome and I appreciate the attention to detail and hard work to produce these games. Anyone on the fence better jump and grab a game before they are gone!

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone have a link to a good rule sheet or video walk through?

Charlie posted this a few weeks ago , I think it is a pretty good rundown of rules and features .

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-code/

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

What great mods, Medisinyl. Rgb looks great with the crypt. Crypt goes great with Crypt multiball and cold ethyl. The secret passage sign is great for the newbies playing.
Can't wait to see what's next from Medisinyl. Buy with confidence. Overall great guy.
Magucchiz
Full playfield shots are with camera right in front of my face. To see if the crypt blocked anything. Look to be all good unless you are really short.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! That Alice figure with the extra skull pile ties in perfectly there. May have to grab one for myself.

Thank you for the positive feedback

More plans ahead to be revealed when ready

#1234 4 years ago

Is there any way to adjust how the balls are ejected from the trough? It often takes my game two or three tries before a ball enters the plunger lane.

#1235 4 years ago

Hey y’all! Super pumped to have 148 as of yesterday. I’ve noticed a small ball search issue when there is one ball locked in Frankenstein. Is this a known issue?

Also, anyone getting stuck balls between the plastic and rubber to the left of the Dracula target?

Edit: two small questions to add while I dial everything in.

I seem to get a lot of spinner rejects. Am I just not shooting it cleanly?

A significant amount of time the plunge will feed to the left sling. The game level. Any tips?

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtDR:

Is there any way to adjust how the balls are ejected from the trough? It often takes my game two or three tries before a ball enters the plunger lane.

Have a look at how the balls are coming up ... I’ll often video things like this in slo-mo on my iPhone.

Like the old BW pins, maybe a simple bend of the top of the trough eject will fix it ... or a tweak of the coil bracket if it isn’t hitting the ball square.

rd

#1237 4 years ago

Had my first “good” game. Loving it so far!

2BA3AF7C-FA40-4068-B005-FCEA17C446CD (resized).jpeg2BA3AF7C-FA40-4068-B005-FCEA17C446CD (resized).jpeg
#1238 4 years ago

Finally #286 is setup and playing! Had some friends over to help setup pins in my new house last night. Setup and game play on the Nightmare Castle went as smooth as any pinball setup could, and man does that butter cab pop the great art package! The coindoor latch is even pristine! Just my humble (possibly biased opinion), but I think the Spooky team did something really special with ACNC! The small run nature of the company definitely makes sense after seeing the care they put into their games. I've seen a lot of posts about adjusting flipper power, kickout power etc, but I didn't touch one thing. Just set it to 6.5 and played. One friend noted the left sling needed some slight adjustment, but other than that it played perfectly out of the box. The lockdown bar feels a little loose, but I'm sure a little adjustment will get it snugged up. All in all, I can't say enough how impressed I am with this game! Can't wait to see the next offering from Spooky!

IMG_1980 (resized).JPGIMG_1980 (resized).JPGIMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1986 (resized).JPGIMG_1986 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPGIMG_1988 (resized).JPGIMG_1988 (resized).JPG
#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

... and man does that butter cab pop the great art package! ...

The intensity of the inks in that butter cabinet artwork looks fantastic!

#1240 4 years ago

The intensity of the inks in that butter cabinet artwork looks fantastic!

There were a few moments after telling Joe at PinballStar I wanted it that I thought, "that might have been a mistake." But after seeing it in person, I can say it definitely was worth it for me. The pictures really can't even do it justice. It is amazing! I keep going downstairs just to ogle it haha

On another note, I've been playing non-stop and the game play is amazing. The rules are pretty straight forward, but really challenging. I can't say enough how much I love the layout. Yes, it's super tough and there are moments where everyone will play it and go "jeez I suck" (I had some great players over Saturday to check it out, and one friend who is really good was pretty frustrated). But my girlfriend who hasn't been playing much is already finding orbits and starting the monster multiball after just a few games. All in all, I think Charlie knocked it out of the park with the design!

#1241 4 years ago

Best artwork on a pin/cab by far, imo.

#1242 4 years ago

Just received notice about #249 and adding on my options. I'm planning on the blue powder coat and RGB speaker lights for sure. Just wondering a few things as far as the plastic protectors... where are these located on the game? Would there be an alternate aftermarket version that is more fluorescent or are these particular plastics located somewhere else on the game? Also, I'm trying to decide between the mirror and the decals sides.
Opinions/recommendations?......

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just received notice about #249 and adding on my options. I'm planning on the blue powder coat and RGB speaker lights for sure. Just wondering a few things as far as the plastic protectors... where are these located on the game? Would there be an alternate aftermarket version that is more fluorescent or are these particular plastics located somewhere else on the game? Also, I'm trying to decide between the mirror and the decals sides.

At #250, I'm giddy as hell hearing you got notice! Congrats! I'm also going blue PC with RGB. Pinball Life sells an alternative fluorescent green set on their site. I got both just in case I didn't like the look of one or the other and they are pretty cheap. I'm going with decals as i prefer the ambiance over a little extra light.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0122-00

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I prefer the monster decals (usually a fan of mirror blades). Also like clear plastic protectors as I’m not a fan of changing the lighting color a whole lot. The other thing I like are the target decals they have available.

#1245 4 years ago

Not sure if coin door latch pictures will become a thing, but I'm liking every post which contains one.

#1246 4 years ago

I'm assuming you didn't go with Nitro and bought direct from the factory. I am considering this as well. Do you have any concerns about not using a distributor?

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I'm assuming you didn't go with Nitro and bought direct from the factory. I am considering this as well. Do you have any concerns about not using a distributor?

What is the benefit of using a distributor? I never really understood why Spooky even has any distributors. I prefer to buy direct from them and put more money in their pockets. They are easy to communicate with and provide great support. Not sure what a distributor adds, except taking part of the profits away from Spooky.

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

What WackyBrakke said. No concerns and I wanted to support Spooky as much as possible financially.

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can the game be ordered with glow in the dark rubber rings?

#1250 4 years ago

I got my email today to customize my game too. I am number 219...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/25?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.