(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 161.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

even if it would make him feel better.

I'm trying to make you feel better, and apparently getting nowhere while being attacked over and over privately and publicly. Turns out, I'm human.

I'm incredibly sorry the coin door maker made a mistake on 1 screw and we didn't catch it. Please allow me to offer you a full refund of your game purchase... box it up and I will contact your distributor to make arrangements to return it.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Dude, he wasn't getting snarky. He gave an explanation, you didn't like it or ignored it, and he had to repeat himself. Now you don't like that he repeated himself. Simmer down and play the game. It's just a screw and doesn't affect anything with a little tape until you get another screw.

I know it’s not a big deal, but his first response was to the latch missing. After I found the screw but no latch, I mentioned that the screw was stripped beyond belief, a new comment. Then he hit me with “One more time” and I found it to be snarky and unnecessary.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I know it’s not a big deal, but his first response was to the latch missing. After I found the screw but no latch, I mentioned that the screw was stripped beyond belief, a new comment. Then he hit me with “One more time” and I found it to be snarky and unnecessary.

For fuck’s sake, get a life. Even better, a new hobby.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm trying to make you feel better, and apparently getting nowhere while being attacked over and over privately and publicly. Turns out, I'm human.
I'm incredibly sorry the coin door maker made a mistake on 1 screw and we didn't catch it. Please allow me to offer you a full refund of your game purchase... box it up and I will contact your distributor to make arrangements to return it.

Snarky = public attack. Haha, your offer is accepted. I’ll wait to hear from him.

#1155 4 years ago

Ship it over to me. I'm looking for a ACNC.

#1156 4 years ago

Wow. Over a coin door latch....

#1157 4 years ago

Maybe making pinball IS the easy part? I know I couldn't hack it in customer service. People B crazy

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Snarky = public attack. Haha, your offer is accepted. I’ll wait to hear from him.

I don’t think this was snarky...it was an incredible offer of service to remedy the situation. I don’t think there is anyone who will challenge Spooky’s customer service. I doubt you would ever get this offer from another company...so maybe this isn’t such a good hobby for you. Seems to cause you a lot of aggravation.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I’ll wait to hear from him.

Called him 10 minutes ago and left a message. Thank you.

Who wants game #164? Soon to be refurbished with a new coin door latch.

Plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, blue powdercoat, and a lighted speaker kit... will ship as soon as we get it back and go through it.

#1160 4 years ago

The fact that a customer (any customer) can interact directly with the principal (SpookyCharlie in this case) at a company (any company) and get a resolution to their issue within hours (often minutes) is impressive and borderline unbelievable.

Say what you will about any aspect of their product, but without any question, Team Spooky is far and away the industry leader in terms of customer service.

#1161 4 years ago

Called him 10 minutes ago and left a message. Thank you.
Who wants game #164? Soon to be refurbished with a new coin door latch.
Plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, blue powdercoat, and a lighted speaker kit... will ship as soon as we get it back and go through it.

Me.

#1162 4 years ago

I've ran out of thumbs down.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Oh my. That's unfortunate.

#1164 4 years ago

If I wasn’t waiting for a mine (butter cab and all), I’d jump on this! Just purchased a 2015 rav4 to pick this up...and future pins! Will be a pleasure to meet team Spooky!

#1165 4 years ago

True story. Several years ago, there was an aftermarket vendor (LED's I think) that had issued a refund to a dissatisfied customer, no questions asked. But the vendor forgot to include the tax amount in the refund. Easy mistake right?

The customer began a bad seller thread. The tax amount was for $1.12 or something like that.

LOL. Pinside chewed his ass up in the thread and spit him out. And rightfully so. - How embarrassing to witness another episode.

#1166 4 years ago

Game has re-sold... moving on with my day now.

Sorry to be a part of any drama ever. Back to work checking coin door screws and 5 billion other things.

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Nah, just mad at Spooky. It’ll pass.

Wait... let me get this straight. Your coindoor lock had a screw come loose during shipping, the latch fell off... and you're mad??

Wow, dude.

PERSPECTIVE!!

That's about as easy of fix as they come.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wait... let me get this straight. Your coindoor lock had a screw come loose during shipping, the latch fell off... and you're mad??
Wow, dude.
PERSPECTIVE!!
That's about as easy of fix as they come.

The dude has no perspective. Frankly, the is the most embarrassing thing I have seen in all my years on Pinside. It’s almost unbelievable.

#1170 4 years ago

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??
zzSPooky20190718_125143 (resized).jpgzzSPooky20190718_125143 (resized).jpg

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??[quoted image]

oh shit! Charlie, looks like you are going to have to resell this one also!

Pack it up Kim, your distributor will be by to pick it up on Friday.

#1172 4 years ago

Sorry to be a part of any drama ever. Back to work checking coin door screws and 5 billion other things.

Charlie one of my LED bulbs came out of the socket and wouldn't reattach itself without me having to manually put it back in place. I'd appreciate if you or one of your staff would fly out here and do it for me. Or perhaps Mr Alice Cooper himself could since his name is on this game and he obviously endorses this embarrassment of QC ignorance.

#1173 4 years ago

I'm mechanically inept and just short of terrified about having to fix things. If the worst thing on mine when it shows up is a latch screw.... oh happy day. Door will be taped and machine running til it shows up.

#1174 4 years ago

ok, serious issue!

I have been playing my TNA. 3 games EVERY day religiously for the past year. Reactor 7 is the furthest I can make it.

Charlie, I demand that Bowen come over and personally train me how to bet the damn game. It is broken FFS!

If he could bring some shasta and deli meats then all will be good!

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Maybe making pinball IS the easy part? I know I couldn't hack it in customer service. People B crazy

It’s one of the main reasons I quit retail 7 years ago. People just got more and more demanding, and started moaning and bitching about the craziest little things.

And as is human nature, we totally forget the 99% of customers who are totally over the moon with their item/experience, and focus on the one guy who wrote you a nasty email about the tiny scratch on the back leg of his sofa that nobody will ever see. You wake up at 3am in a sweat stressing about it. Lol!

I feel your pain, Charlie ...

rd

#1176 4 years ago

Win, win, win. Sounds like the customer won't have to deal with issues that make a game "unplayable", such as a coin door latch screw falling out during shipment, a new customer gets to jump the line, and Spooky is going to save themselves a great deal of future trouble dealing with an unreasonable customer.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??[quoted image]

That is the funniest shit I've seen all year!. Before that I was going to post another Alice Picture!
Magicchiz

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You wake up at 3am in a sweat stressing about it.

I'm more of a 2 to 4 a.m. kinda guy.... then you start watching the clock to figure out "if I fall asleep now I'll get X minutes... is it worth it, or do I just go to the shop now?" kinda vibe.

Then you get to work tired, answer 50 emails you got overnight, do everything you can during the day, work late to make up for what you COULDN'T get done, travel weekends to show the product, and hope at the end of the year the accountant calls and says "hey, you get to do this again next year. Congrats!".

So man hugs brother... you survived, and so will I. I think ... ?

#1179 4 years ago

I’m really impressed with how Charlie handled this situation. Makes me want to buy a Spooky pin.

#1180 4 years ago

Thank god this guy didn't buy a JJ Pirates. That game needed so many small tweaks out of the box....

#1181 4 years ago

And thank you everyone for the support... ALL OF YOU. Means the world when it sometimes feels like you can do no right on any given day. Spooky is built by good people, and supported by good people. Never ever taking that for granted.

We still come to Pinside because we want the people who support us to feel like we listen and care, because we do... none of this exists without any piece of that puzzle.

Thank you all.

#1182 4 years ago

And thank you everyone for the support... ALL OF YOU. Means the world when it sometimes feels like you can do no right on any given day. Spooky is built by good people, and supported by good people. Never ever taking that for granted.
We still come to Pinside because we want the people who support us to feel like we listen and care, because we do... none of this exists without any piece of that puzzle.
Thank you all.

Charlie, as a customer, I never imagined you’d offer to fly out to DC and drive my kids to their various practices and events.

Now THAT is customer service that you can bank on! Did Stern or JJP offer to do that when I bought from them?

Hell no!

This ACNC purchase is shaping up to be my best NIB purchase yet! This might actually be “the thing” that gets my better half more interested in the silver ball!!

#spookyrocks

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Charlie, as a customer, I never imagined you’d offer to fly out to DC and drive my kids to their various practices and events.
Now THAT is customer service that you can bank on! Did Stern or JJP offer to do that when I bought from them?
Hell no!
This ACNC purchase is shaping up to be my best NIB purchase yet! This might actually be “the thing” that gets my better half more interested in the silver ball!!
#spookyrocks

No but I do have a sister that lives out that way with plenty of time on her hands to chauffer them lol just saying

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

No but I do have a sister that lives out that way with plenty of time on her hands to chauffer them lol just saying

I’m all seriousness, if you find yourself out this way, drop me a PM and come over for some drink and pinball. We’ll get some area collectors/players over. Open door!

#1185 4 years ago

I had an issue with broken back box and dented side rails out of box. It was handled quickly. Had new parts in a few days. Great customer service. Not to mention the game is awesome.

#1186 4 years ago

Is your latch broken?

#1187 4 years ago

Number 163 finally found her home. Loving it. Thanks to everyone at spooky!

7F610A61-511D-4A7B-BA50-CA21825668E9 (resized).jpeg7F610A61-511D-4A7B-BA50-CA21825668E9 (resized).jpeg
#1188 4 years ago

Good, that person doesn’t deserve to own a game like ACNC!! You went way above and beyond in dealing with them, they have absolutely no clue. I can’t wait until they have a problem with a game from another manufacturer and expect the same type of service. You rock Spooky!!!

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiki_Pinball:

Number 163 finally found her home. Loving it. Thanks to everyone at spooky![quoted image]

But how is your door latch? We want to knowwwwwwwww

#1190 4 years ago

Latch is perfect. All I have done is increase the upper flipper power a tad. She plays great.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is your latch broken?

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

OK, I have come to the conclusion that this game is just not for me. I will be putting it up for sale for $7,000(firm), it's number 97. It has mirror blades, blue powder coat, glow in the dark green rubbers all around with extras, Spooky PinGulp, Shaker, Knocker, Lighted Speakers and Plastic Protectors. The game is beautiful it's just meant for a higher level pinball player and I am not that guy. I would consider a trade possibly, it would need to be a clean HUO game for me to consider a trade.
If you are in Texas and you are itching to get this game hit me up..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I might take it.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I might take it.

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area, hit me up and let me know!

Thanks!

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area, hit me up and let me know!
Thanks!

Pm sent

#1195 4 years ago

Any word on the possible topper that the Minions were working on?

#1196 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie

Ok, wait a minute... so this fellow bought a used AMH (sounded like a 6 year old one), you guys were still offering to help support it and this is the kind of respect that you get? WOW!

Customers are not always right and some customers are not worth keeping.

#1197 4 years ago

I'm sure that there are a few of us POTC LE owners in here who had a long start to getting our NIB games working just right. Not for the faint of heart but I am still an owner.

I have somethings to still do with Alice but we're going nowhere.

#1198 4 years ago

Seriously! Some of you guys with a lot of money should instead do what I did and first buy a beat up miserable wreck of a pin and do a full restoration . I did two before buying a NIB! This included a playfield swap! Then you learn the skills and patience to own pinball machines. This little inconvenience is nothing! As they say, "Shit Happens." And "Don't sweat the small stuff."

#1199 4 years ago

Mine has the graveyard gray textured legs and rails. I'm not seeing pictures of anyone else with them. Are there more of these?

#1200 4 years ago

Then you get to work tired, answer 50 emails you got overnight, do everything you can during the day, work late to make up for what you COULDN'T get done, travel weekends to show the product ...

delegate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/24?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.