(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 160.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I've had this happen twice this week. Not sure if this bug has been reported but cannot start Frank multiball if I am in Crypt multiball. The drop target does not go up, even though the light is flashing. However I can start Crypt multi if in Frank multiball.

Were you in another mode already?

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Were you in another mode already?

nope.

#1103 4 years ago

THE WAIT

I ordered my 1st pinball machine, ACNC, direct from Spooky at 8am March 26, 2018 and settled in for the long haul. In the meantime I have purchased cleaning supplies, cabinet protectors, the custom ACNC pin gulp, all of Medisinyl's current play field mods, and a ACNC translite. Hell, about 6 months in I even bought a $500 Bally Supersonic to have something to flip on until Alice shows up on my doorstep.

I was told by Spooky on May 9th, 2019 that there were 99 games in front of me and that they were averaging 8-10 machines a week.

Now it's 10 weeks later and the anticipation of receiving my final invoice any day now is excruciating! I have a job where I get tons of work email notifications on my phone. Every time I look down, I'm hoping to see an email from Spooky, and alas, it's just another person calling out for their shift.

Those of you that are in the 300-500 range...enjoy the blissful thoughts of "It's coming eventually", because when you get to "any day now" the wait is far worse! I can't wait to hit that start button for the 1st time!

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So I ordered these over a week ago and have heard nothing. Anyone else having problems with this purchase?

I replied to your PM about your purchase from 7/11 (just this last Thursday) and have been updating in the dedicated mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-#post-5097417

As there's always a rush upon listing a new mod, and I make them to order in batches (amongst several mod orders for other games that were ahead), it can be a week or more before everyone gets their order, but I always try to keep customers as updated as possible.

These take a lot of hours to make, and just the printing portion takes days before I can start prep and paint for a run (of course I planned ahead for part of this, but never know how many orders I'll get). Some mods that share my printer space can take up to 24 hours for one print (for example, the living dead girl mausoleum that I'm running currently as well).

Yours will go out today or tomorrow, so no more than a week total before shipping.

I used to post wait time estimates on my sales pages for early runs, but hadn't on this listing, so I'm sorry for any confusion.

Again, I appreciate your order.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I replied to your PM about your purchase from 7/11 (just this last Thursday) and have been updating in the dedicated mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-#post-5097417
As there's always a rush upon listing a new mod, and I make them to order in batches (amongst several mod orders for other games that were ahead), it can be a week or more before everyone gets their order, but I always try to keep customers as updated as possible.
These take a lot of hours to make, and just the printing portion takes days before I can start prep and paint for a run (of course I planned ahead for part of this, but never know how many orders I'll get). Some mods that share my printer space can take up to 24 hours for one print (for example, the living dead girl mausoleum that I'm running currently as well).
Yours will go out today or tomorrow, so no more than a week total before shipping.
I used to post wait time estimates on my sales pages for early runs, but hadn't on this listing, so I'm sorry for any confusion.
Again, I appreciate your order.

Can't wait!! Thanks

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I've had this happen twice this week. Not sure if this bug has been reported but cannot start Frank multiball if I am in Crypt multiball.

I’ve never started frank while already in crypt. I assumed that was just how the game works and that the lock light staying on would eventually be fixed in the code.

#1107 4 years ago

You can't start Frank MB if Crypt MB is running.

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

THE WAIT
I ordered my 1st pinball machine, ACNC, direct from Spooky at 8am March 26, 2018 and settled in for the long haul. In the meantime I have purchased cleaning supplies, cabinet protectors, the custom ACNC pin gulp, all of Medisinyl's current play field mods, and a ACNC translite. Hell, about 6 months in I even bought a $500 Bally Supersonic to have something to flip on until Alice shows up on my doorstep.
I was told by Spooky on May 9th, 2019 that there were 99 games in front of me and that they were averaging 8-10 machines a week.
Now it's 10 weeks later and the anticipation of receiving my final invoice any day now is excruciating! I have a job where I get tons of work email notifications on my phone. Every time I look down, I'm hoping to see an email from Spooky, and alas, it's just another person calling out for their shift.
Those of you that are in the 300-500 range...enjoy the blissful thoughts of "It's coming eventually", because when you get to "any day now" the wait is far worse! I can't wait to hit that start button for the 1st time!

I ordered mine on day one at the opening time specified. It is my first Spooky. The next evening I sent a follow up and immediately received an invoice for 361. I honestly don’t think about it. I check this page every few weeks for play and production number updates but figured this was going to a long wait. I didn’t think a year and a half wait, but whatever. There is a space in my game room when it gets here. Somewhat envious of those of you who have this pin already, but I have enough games in my collection to keep me busy.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You can't start Frank MB if Crypt MB is running.

However, you can do it the other way around.

Just start Frank first.

rd

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I ordered mine on day one at the opening time specified. It is my first Spooky. The next evening I sent a follow up and immediately received an invoice for 361. I honestly don’t think about it. I check this page every few weeks for play and production number updates but figured this was going to a long wait. I didn’t think a year and a half wait, but whatever. There is a space in my game room when it gets here. Somewhat envious of those of you who have this pin already, but I have enough games in my collection to keep me busy.

Spooky says they'll have all 500 games delivered by the end of the year. We're in mid-July. I read somewhere (or perhaps heard on their podcast) that they'd shipped 200 units about 3 weeks ago. 361 can't be that far off... perhaps September?

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Spooky says they'll have all 500 games delivered by the end of the year. We're in mid-July. I read somewhere (or perhaps heard on their podcast) that they'd shipped 200 units about 3 weeks ago. 361 can't be that far off... perhaps September?

I played the game at Allentown two years in a row and just loved the flow and the shots. To appease my inner 12 year old I have a horror themed game room and this will be an awesome addition. Worth the wait.

#1112 4 years ago

I just unboxed #146 and there’s no latch on the coin door lock!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??

F0ED82F3-FD10-47C0-A479-ACC6B9489B0F (resized).jpegF0ED82F3-FD10-47C0-A479-ACC6B9489B0F (resized).jpeg
#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I just unboxed #146 and there’s no latch on the coin door lock!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??[quoted image]

Did you check inside the cabinet where it likely fell off during shipping?

Quoted from mthirkell:

Would this ever happen in a Stern game??

Yes and more.

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Would this ever happen in a Stern game??

I recall opening my BM66 and the Catwoman and plastics on the centre ramp wasn’t attached ... just bouncing around on the PF.

rd

#1115 4 years ago

#200 confirmed for delivery Friday

#1116 4 years ago

I was playing a game tonight and all of the sudden I heard a loud buzzing noise. I turned down the volume and quickly discovered that the buzzing was coming from the servo for the lock diverter. It only happens when the diverter is in the left lock position. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix?

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was playing a game tonight and all of the sudden I heard a loud buzzing noise. I turned down the volume and quickly discovered that the buzzing was coming from the servo for the lock diverter. It only happens when the diverter is in the left lock position. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix?

Go into utilities, servo setting, castle lock left, turn it down. Test make sure it moves in all directions.
Magicchiz

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I just unboxed #146 and there’s no latch on the coin door lock!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??[quoted image]

Would this ever happen in a Stern game?

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Go into utilities, servo setting, castle lock left, turn it down. Test make sure it moves in all directions.
Magicchiz

Thanks! That did the trick. Why would it suddenly need to be re-calibrated when it had been working fine all this time?

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

OK, I have come to the conclusion that this game is just not for me. I will be putting it up for sale for $7,000(firm), it's number 97. It has mirror blades, blue powder coat, glow in the dark green rubbers all around with extras, Spooky PinGulp, Shaker, Knocker, Lighted Speakers and Plastic Protectors. The game is beautiful it's just meant for a higher level pinball player and I am not that guy. I would consider a trade possibly, it would need to be a clean HUO game for me to consider a trade.
If you are in Texas and you are itching to get this game hit me up..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love it, but I get too that it's an extremely hard game. While my friends who are really good players love it and I feel it's improving my overall skill, my wife can't get into it because of the difficulty level and for that reason it will be first out when we start trading out. Luckily for me, we have room for two more pins before we reach that point so I'll have it for at least another year.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Go to the "servo utilities" right away! Check to see that when the diverter moves to the left that it does not press up against the ramp side.
If it does back the setting down a few numbers until it no longer makes contact!

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Get ahold of us in email form and we will get you a replacement right away! We hate to see it just as much as you do believe me! Their is just 1 screw that holds that on. As was said its almost certainly still hidden in the game somewhere so be careful of that going forward.

#1123 4 years ago

#330 No word yet.

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I just unboxed #146 and there’s no latch on the coin door lock!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??

We don't install the locks, Suzo Happ does and this is the first time we've had a report of one falling off in shipping. The clasp should be in the cabinet somewhere... if it's not, as Luke stated, let us know and we'll get you a replacement right away.

But we will watch for this going forward to be safe.

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I've had this happen twice this week. Not sure if this bug has been reported but cannot start Frank multiball if I am in Crypt multiball. The drop target does not go up, even though the light is flashing. However I can start Crypt multi if in Frank multiball.

This is done on purpose. if the ball diverter is open at any time during a MB, it can cause a lot of problems.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Thank you for the patience!!! We hate to make anyone wait, but the reality of being able to build 500 games a year is where we are at... and comfortable at that level. It's safe for us AND our customers (we like that!)

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I understand the frustration but you can certainly play your game until you find it or they ship you a replacement. I can assure you that Spooky did not purposely unscrew this from the coin door assembly for the purpose of playing a joke on you.

Check on the large magnet on the cabinet speaker, just in case. If it fell off it could be there.

Lastly, not sure of the need to draw a comparison to Stern or anyone else. Shit does happen, this is hardly something to get that excited about. Welcome to pin ownership.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I understand the frustration but you can certainly play your game until you find it or they ship you a replacement. I can assure you that Spooky did not purposely unscrew this from the coin door assembly for the purpose of playing a joke on you.
Check on the large magnet on the cabinet speaker, just in case. If it fell off it could be there.
Lastly, not sure of the need to draw a comparison to Stern or anyone else. Shit does happen, this is hardly something to get that excited about. Welcome to pin ownership.

I found the screw and it was stripped beyond belief. No latch. No standards.

34406877-66F7-43A6-AA81-204B843BE573 (resized).jpeg34406877-66F7-43A6-AA81-204B843BE573 (resized).jpeg
#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I found the screw and it was stripped beyond belief. No latch. No standards.

One more time... the screw (which we didn't install) goes through the latch. If you found the screw, that means the latch was there when we shipped the game.

All the games are on stands that have a 6.5 degree tilt during assembly. A missing coin door latch would be noticed in 5 seconds by everyone on the floor trying to walk around a door hanging open.

I'm sorry yours came apart in shipping... if you can't find the latch, we'll send you a new one immediately.

#1130 4 years ago

Tape the door shut, play it, and stfu until they send you a replacement.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tape the door shut, play it, and stfu until they send you a replacement.

Let me guess ... you work in customer service.

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Let me guess ... you work in customer service.

I did for a minute.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I did for a minute.

You are HIRED! Welcome to the team.

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I found the screw and it was stripped beyond belief. No latch. No standards.[quoted image]

Is there someone in the Pittsburgh area that would be willing to take a newbie under their wing? If so, send him a friendly PM and maybe make a new friend.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You are HIRED! Welcome to the team.

When do I go on break?

#1136 4 years ago

mthirkell If you were local, I'd bring you a latch and screw. Sorry, you had this happen - shipping a game can be rough and these types of things happen. I have even had those screws come loose on games just sitting in my collection.

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

mthirkell If you were local, I'd bring you a latch and screw. Sorry, you had this happen - shipping a game can be rough and these types of things happen. I have even had those screws come loose on games just sitting in my collection.

With all due respect, this is nice of you and I would do the same BUT he's making it out to sound like someone died here and we are all sending our condolences. This from someone who appears to already own 5 pins. WTF?!

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

With all due respect, this is nice of you and I would do the same BUT he's making it out to sound like someone died here and we are all sending our condolences. This from someone who appears to already own 5 pins. WTF?!

One more time... the screw (which we didn't install) goes through the latch. If you found the screw, that means the latch was there when we shipped the game.
All the games are on stands that have a 6.5 degree tilt during assembly. A missing coin door latch would be noticed in 5 seconds by everyone on the floor trying to walk around a door hanging open.
I'm sorry yours came apart in shipping... if you can't find the latch, we'll send you a new one immediately.

One more time, the screw is basically destroyed. How does that happen, exactly? Like I said, reading all these problems with this game and having had so many problems with Spooky games in the past has me mad at my decision to go back to the well.

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I found the screw and it was stripped beyond belief. No latch. No standards.[quoted image]

Oh my gosh. Someone call the wambulance.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

One more time, the screw is basically destroyed. How does that happen, exactly? Like I said, reading all these problems with this game and having had so many problems with Spooky games in the past has me mad at my decision to go back to the well.

Cheap screws and not using the correct screwdriver.

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Cheap screws and not using the correct screwdriver.

Agreed!

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Nah, just mad at Spooky. It’ll pass.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

the screw is basically destroyed. How does that happen, exactly?

Ask Suzo Happ... the maker of this and every other coin door on the planet? We're already checking every single one of them now (we have hundreds in stock) to be safe, and so far... zero issues. So this makes 1 that we are aware of in 1,500 games shipped.

You have a used AMH (if I read your emails to our super nice tech guy correctly) we shipped 6 years ago you bought used last year, with a crap ton of mods having glitching issues. Mods can put a real strain on your power supply... he asked you to check it, you don't have the ability. We're still trying to help you regardless of warranty / after market mods / etc etc etc.

You have a lock bar that is touching your side rails... we're sending you mylar to cover your side rails (thanks JJP for the inspiration) so you can play without worry. Also, you can use the lock bar adjustment screws (located under the lock bar itself) to make it more snug.

Trying man. Really hard.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

No disrespect but you're being petty, overly dramatic and unreasonable. I would suggest you stick with buying used machines from people who have already fixed the NIB issues. And that would include all manufactures, not just Spooky. Otherwise I don't think this hobby is for you.

FYI: Those are the same coin doors and assembly's that come with Stern games, JJP, American and most any video or arcade machine.

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No disrespect but you're being petty, overly dramatic and unreasonable. I would suggest you stick with buying used machines from people who have already fixed the NIB machines issues. And that would include all manufactures, not just Spooky. Otherwise I don't think this hobby is for you.
FYI: Those are the same coin doors and assembly's that come with Stern games, JJP, American and most any video machines.

I disagree

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Looks like someone had a bad day and took it out on the screw (probably a power driver and just torqued the hell out of the screw). Now that persons bad day turned into yours. Be careful. Don’t turn your bad day into someone else’s. Just kindly ask Spooky to right the situation and enjoy life.

#1147 4 years ago

Ask Suzo Happ... the maker of this and every other coin door on the planet? We're already checking every single one of them now (we have hundreds in stock) to be safe, and so far... zero issues. So this makes 1 that we are aware of in 1,500 games shipped.
You have a used AMH (if I read your emails to our super nice tech guy correctly) we shipped 6 years ago you bought used last year, with a crap ton of mods having glitching issues. Mods can put a real strain on your power supply... he asked you to check it, you don't have the ability. We're still trying to help you regardless of warranty / after market mods / etc etc etc.
You have a lock bar that is touching your side rails... we're sending you mylar to cover your side rails (thanks JJP for the inspiration) so you can play without worry. Also, you can use the lock bar adjustment screws (located under the lock bar itself) to make it more snug.
Trying man. Really hard.

You missed some things but he was a very nice tech guy, one who would not start off a post with “One more time...”, even if it would make him feel better.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Looks like someone had a bad day and took it out on the screw (probably a power driver and just torqued the hell out of the screw). Now that persons bad day turned into yours. Be careful. Don’t turn your bad day into someone else’s. Just kindly ask Spooky to right the situation and enjoy life.

Well that made a ton of sense. And I did (maybe not as politely as I could have) but then also posted it on here. Spooky got snarky which didn’t help things. But, your point is well take.

#1149 4 years ago

Dude, he wasn't getting snarky. He gave an explanation, you didn't like it or ignored it, and he had to repeat himself. Now you don't like that he repeated himself. Simmer down and play the game. It's just a screw and doesn't affect anything with a little tape until you get another screw.

#1150 4 years ago

Dr. Quityerbitchin at your service.

waa (resized).jpgwaa (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/23?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.