(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 160.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does the magnetic ball save also grab balls that have drained from the outlanes, and are rolling along the apron to the trough opening?
I thought I saw that in a youtube video but it seemed too good to be true.
Thanks!
BobC

Yes. That is what it does. Expect to go into the menu and set it at setting “1” from default for it to work right

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does the magnetic ball save also grab balls that have drained from the outlanes, and are rolling along the apron to the trough opening?
Thanks!
BobC

Yes it does

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks!
BobC

That is actually all that it does. This will not save a straight down the middle drain.

It can only save the ball from the outlanes as there is a switch that is first triggered, engaging the magnet. This is the mode when the S & E of SAVE (outlane lights) are lit flashing purple/pink.

This said, in multiball a ball drains and just kicks out a new one, there is no magnetic action.

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That is actually all that it does. This will not save a straight down the middle drain.
It can only save the ball from the outlanes as there is a switch that is first triggered, engaging the magnet. This is the mode when the S & E of SAVE (outlane lights) are lit flashing purple/pink.
This said, in multiball a ball drains and just kicks out a new one, there is no magnetic action.

Yes, in multiball we found players preferred to just have a new ball kicked; also the magnet is powerful enough to interfere with normal play and cause a drain!

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Yep. There are two little "bumpers" attached to the apron near the drain that direct the ball towards the magnet.

#1006 4 years ago

Anyone have solutions for these frequently stuck ball traps?

First one, coming out of the right ramp, at the gate:

Ball stuck at gateBall stuck at gate

I've seen this both with shooting the ramp and not having enough momentum; as well as shooting from the upper flipper and sneaking past the gate. Once this happens, no amount of nudging frees the ball. It *seems* to be hanging up here, where the screws and rivets stick up; at least on this last glass off event the ball was *not* resting on the gate at all.

Under the ballUnder the ball

The other is at the guillotine. There's a rubber drop down that if the ball doesn't get past this fast enough, it's also time to take the glass off.

stuck at guillotine elevator stuck at guillotine elevator

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

[quoted image]
I've seen this both with shooting the ramp and not having enough momentum; as well as shooting from the upper flipper and sneaking past the gate. Once this happens, no amount of nudging frees the ball. It *seems* to be hanging up here, where the screws and rivets stick up; at least on this last glass off event the ball was *not* resting on the gate at all.
[quoted image]
The other is at the guillotine. There's a rubber drop down that if the ball doesn't get past this fast enough, it's also time to take the glass off.
[quoted image]

A dab of lube for the first and adjust the servo for the second.

#1008 4 years ago

At 100, can’t go higher. I may have to resort to adding additional padding there to level things out.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

At 100, can’t go higher. I may have to resort to adding additional padding there to level things out.

I also have the same issue, emailed spooky on it. Will let you know if i hear back.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I can't back hand the left ramp like you did. Can you share your pitch and flipper strength Dr. John?

I have the flippers on stock settings - except that upper on 15 now. Game is pitched at 6.7 with digital readout level. Managed to get to Million Dollar Baby playing a 4 player coop mode with a friend yesterday. Funny how satisfying it is to "finish" a game that way, and not be at all disappointed. Now to both try and maximize points doing it, and try and do it solo like one Mr Kerins can do!

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks!
BobC

Yes. draining on an outside lane while mag-neat-o is active will capture the ball. If you have a normal ball save and drain on outside, it will simply let it drain and kick a new ball.

#1013 4 years ago

Sunny day for a Spooky road trip! Alice 186 is moving south!

F2094A2C-9048-40A0-B8A1-EED4A82E48FE (resized).jpegF2094A2C-9048-40A0-B8A1-EED4A82E48FE (resized).jpeg Added over 5 years ago:

Thank you to Team Spooky! Really appreciate everyone who soldered circuits, polished plastics, welded wireforms, sourced shooter rods and marketed the madness of this machine!

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

fixed in next version. guillotine will drop and reset on each ball search now

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I have the flippers on stock settings - except that upper on 15 now. Game is pitched at 6.7 with digital readout level. Managed to get to Million Dollar Baby playing a 4 player coop mode with a friend yesterday. Funny how satisfying it is to "finish" a game that way, and not be at all disappointed. Now to both try and maximize points doing it, and try and do it solo like one Mr Kerins can do!

I had to increase my flippers to 17 to get it up there on the backhand. Now if I could do it more than once every 7-8 tries that would be awesome.

This game is so hard! I can never finish more than a couple of monsters myself and haven't breached 100 million yet. My guests love it, but the take away is that it's one of the hardest games anyone here has played.

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would suggest changing the silicone to rubber to the left of the vampire target or when you fix the gate it will bounce back through and down the ramp sometimes.

You can also just bend the gate up and down and it will give the ball more or less clearance. You probably need to bend the top beam of the gate up.

#1017 4 years ago

I disconnected the internal sub this afternoon and routed the wires to an external sub instead. I'm much happier with this arrangement. You still get the butt kicking bass, but it doesn't feel like your cabinet is going to shake itself to pieces.

Interestingly, with the internal sub out of the loop, I now realize that the shaker doesn't seem very strong. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my shaker, or if it just isn't coded very aggressively. Is there any way to test the shaker? I didn't see it in any of the menus.

#1018 4 years ago

Saw Alice last night in Peoria and couldn’t resist sharing a few pics. His stage set looks somewhat familiar. And at the beginning of the concert they said ‘Welcome to Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle’. And btw...that MF can still rock!!!

02ACB89C-B219-4060-9A20-17B98B717995 (resized).jpeg02ACB89C-B219-4060-9A20-17B98B717995 (resized).jpeg7543AB26-D22B-440F-9592-1A00016DBE86 (resized).jpeg7543AB26-D22B-440F-9592-1A00016DBE86 (resized).jpegA63568D1-7B20-4A33-928C-EDCF775B1250 (resized).jpegA63568D1-7B20-4A33-928C-EDCF775B1250 (resized).jpeg
#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Sunny day for a Spooky road trip! Alice 186 is moving south![quoted image]

Can you pick up 219 for me while you are at it?

#1020 4 years ago

I was notified my #147 is now ready to ship as of today! I’m so pumped and ready to tour the castle!

#1021 4 years ago

Number 278 (one of the last of this batch of Butter cabinets) due to be in house tomorrow or Wednesday

#1022 4 years ago

149 picked up today.
Plays great. Thanks Spooky!!!

AF3B850A-2EBB-4419-B3C0-5C1DCDBCCECF (resized).jpegAF3B850A-2EBB-4419-B3C0-5C1DCDBCCECF (resized).jpeg
#1023 4 years ago

My ACNC is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, I can't wait!

#1024 4 years ago

Wonder how many games they are able to manufacture in a week right now...

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wonder how many games they are able to manufacture in a week right now...

Listen to the new podcast.

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I disconnected the internal sub this afternoon and routed the wires to an external sub instead. I'm much happier with this arrangement. You still get the butt kicking bass, but it doesn't feel like your cabinet is going to shake itself to pieces.
Interestingly, with the internal sub out of the loop, I now realize that the shaker doesn't seem very strong. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my shaker, or if it just isn't coded very aggressively. Is there any way to test the shaker? I didn't see it in any of the menus.

I'm wondering the same thing. Is there a way to turn it up?

#1027 4 years ago

I found the shaker test in the menu, BTW. It shakes just fine in test mode, so I can only assume that it just isn't coded to shake very hard during game play. Interestingly, I thought there was a lot of shaking coded into the game until I unhooked the sub. I then realized that most of the rumbling I thought was coming from the shaker motor was actually being produced by the sub.

#1028 4 years ago

Dear wife and kids, I’m gonna be a little busy the rest of the night. Please leave me alone!

A7721337-3C4F-42C5-A4C9-08FEA48C5539 (resized).jpegA7721337-3C4F-42C5-A4C9-08FEA48C5539 (resized).jpeg
#1030 4 years ago

I did... 500/year. Did they say weekly count right now?

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I did... 500/year. Did they say weekly count right now?

I think they are at 10 a week at this point .

#1032 4 years ago

Loving it so far!

D750ECDB-9D02-4CB6-A5BB-8B28CF6F0D27 (resized).jpegD750ECDB-9D02-4CB6-A5BB-8B28CF6F0D27 (resized).jpeg
#1033 4 years ago

I totally have a boner for this machine.
It will be in my collection by year end.

#1034 4 years ago

I joined the club today with a butter cabinet and all the fixings. I've only put 10 or so games on it, but I managed a "high" score on game 2 or 3, so I'm having fun.

Here's a photo album of random parts of unboxing, some pictures of the cabinet, and it side-by-side with a Monster Bash LE. The glossy finish on ACNC reflects a lot more detail than the glossy decal does on MBr. Fan-cy. I think it's noticeably darker than Monster Bash on the playfield, but it's not too dark, Monster Bash is just really bright.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bsna3mYvauRKLd8F7

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I joined the club today with a butter cabinet and all the fixings. I've only put 10 or so games on it, but I managed a "high" score on game 2 or 3, so I'm having fun.
Here's a photo album of random parts of unboxing, some pictures of the cabinet, and it side-by-side with a Monster Bash LE. The glossy finish on ACNC reflects a lot more detail than the glossy decal does on MBr. Fan-cy. I think it's noticeably darker than Monster Bash on the playfield, but it's not too dark, Monster Bash is just really bright.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bsna3mYvauRKLd8F7

I'm in on this game... not an Alice Cooper fan... but, damn, the artwork on the machine is INSANELY good. Is this the best looking pin ever made? It's gotta be up there.

#1036 4 years ago

Well... rock guys have influenced pinball for years, but it was the most surreal moment ever when we got to the show last night to find out the entire stage show on this new tour was "Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle". Word is the tour will run until late this year and be named to match the game.

To get to work with some of your heroes in a business you love is incredible. To have them turn out to be as genuine, nice, caring, and wonderful as Alice Cooper and his ENTIRE team... beyond words.

We've done much in our 6.5 year history... still much to do to be where we really want to be. But to take our entire crew to the show last night, get them to meet the man on the game, talk to Alice about the show & game crossover, and watch a band that incredibly talented (GO!!! The show is freaking amazing and NOBODY on that stage is less than stellar). ... proud moment for team Spooky.

Best is yet to come... thanks to everyone that believes in us.

20190709_184207 (resized).jpg20190709_184207 (resized).jpg20190709_184343 (resized).jpg20190709_184343 (resized).jpg
#1037 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie I’m waiting on #157 You guys are doing great work. Can’t wait to pick up game and meet you and the spooky family. Keep it up!

Drew

#1038 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie - couldn't happen to a nicer (or more committed) bunch of individuals! Congrats to you and the whole crew!

Maide - thanks for sharing the unboxing photos...it is certainly a beautiful machine!

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Can you pick up 219 for me while you are at it?

Would have been happy to stick around up there north of the heat (and incoming tropical weather) and wait for your game! It is worth the wait!

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Best is yet to come... thanks to everyone that believes in us.

You are very welcome as a thank you to us all, I look forward to you all adding 2 new songs to the game! My vote is Poison and I'm Eighteen

#1041 4 years ago

Ugh.. not a good experience so far..

THE NEGATIVE:

I have pf exactly leveled top to bottom and pitched per rec 6.5 degrees..
On skill shot almost every time.. launches.. dumps to left flipper and bounces right into left scoop.. very annoying!
Rubber on flippers just seem much bouncier.. than on ALL the other games I've ever owned..
Balls just seem to want to go STDM!
So far I am getting almost nothing done.. maybe get to a monster.. make a few hits.. a random MB..game over!
Feels a lot like DI out of the box.. very difficult to collect more than one SIM card/game..

On a positive note.. game is beautiful.. well put together.. music and narration seem to be well integrated.. and Spooky and company are very nice people!

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

THE NEGATIVE:
On skill shot almost every time.. launches.. dumps to left flipper and bounces right into left scoop.. very annoying!
Rubber on flippers just seem much bouncier.. than on ALL the other games I've ever owned..
So far I am getting almost nothing done.. maybe get to a monster.. make a few hits.. a random MB..game over!
Feels a lot like DI out of the box.. very difficult to collect more than one SIM card/game..
On a positive note.. game is beautiful.. well put together.. music and narration seem to be well integrated.. and Spooky and company are very nice people!

"Aim better!" - Black Knight

#1043 4 years ago

The Secret Passage sign and crypt mods are now available (will add more information and create instructions soon).

Shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02702-alice-cooper-secret-passage-sign-and-crypt-mods-acnc-

More information in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-#post-5086995

Quick clip shows a couple of the color changes for the RGB version (syncs with the speaker lights if you have them [works without the speaker lights as well, which is how mine is installed]).

Secret Passage photo is the production version (painting the wood a bit brighter than pictured previously).

Crypt is now done with a matte finish for the main body with some gloss on the skulls and gate (full gloss didn't blend as well with the game).

The crypt gate has been updated for this production version.

As a side-effect, I find it neat that the crypt lights the locked crypt ball.
20190710_012023 (resized).jpg20190710_012023 (resized).jpg20190710_012112 (resized).jpg20190710_012112 (resized).jpg20190710_013654 (resized).jpg20190710_013654 (resized).jpg20190710_013805 (resized).jpg20190710_013805 (resized).jpg20190710_191420 (resized).jpg20190710_191420 (resized).jpg

#1044 4 years ago

THE NEGATIVE:

Simple.

Change your flipper rubber.

Problem solved.

#1045 4 years ago

THE NEGATIVE:

Play better?

You always get to a monster on ball 3 if you don’t start one earlier.

Don’t like that the ball goes right to scoop on plunge after hitting the flipper? Try trapping the ball or flipping on hit to go for a skill shot lane.

Trust me, it’s a game that patience and playing will help you achieve longer ball times and more progress. Stick with it.

#1046 4 years ago

THE NEGATIVE:

I think I understand some of your frustration. My game is at 6.8 and level across, but my plunge goes straight to the top of the left sling shot, making a skill shot impossible. And my left orbit goes around and exits from the right side all the way to the left flipper or straight down the middle, instead of to the right flipper. But besides these things, after turning the coil power up a few notches on the upper flipper, everything plays great.
I think Alice’s call outs sound excellent, despite all the early criticism, and the shots are not too tight, which I feared. I don’t find the ramps or loops any harder to hit than the ramps on IMDN.
Really fun game!

#1047 4 years ago

Yes I forgot about also adjusting the coil power... backed off on the plunge power and that has taken care of almost all the issue of ball
bouncing off left flipper straight up to left scoop.. Yes, I'm quite adept at "catching the ball" with the flipper.. surprising I've been able to make a ton
of backhanded left orbit shots..
Adjusting down the left flipper power also helped too..
Will keep trying...

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The Secret Passage sign and crypt mods are now available (will add more information and create instructions soon).
Shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02702-alice-cooper-secret-passage-sign-and-crypt-mods-acnc-
More information in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-#post-5086995
Quick clip shows a couple of the color changes for the RGB version (syncs with the speaker lights if you have them [works without the speaker lights as well, which is how mine is installed]).
Secret Passage photo is the production version (painting the wood a bit brighter than pictured previously).
Crypt is now done with a matte finish for the main body with some gloss on the skulls and gate (full gloss didn't blend as well with the game).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So what’s involved with tapping RGB?

#1049 4 years ago

My dad and I attended the show last night Alice Cooper: Ol' Blackeyes is Back. Jul. 11, 2019, Sylvee Theatre, Madison, WI. Not sure if others do this, but we purchased tickets the day of for more then $25 off the regular price.

Alice Cooper Madison 3 (resized).jpgAlice Cooper Madison 3 (resized).jpg

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Order placed! Should have my pin here in the next week or so. Can't wait to get this crypt on there with the interactive lighting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/21?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.