(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 161.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Well boom! Some sort of fate that was. Received my invoice today!

I was told my game would be going on line in couple weeks. No invoice yet...I am a few games after you Wacky.

#952 4 years ago

I don't get the Houdini comparisons... AC has a much more open playfield (less punishing on missed shots) and the shots are all definitely bigger than the Houdini shots. It feels more like SW as far as the shot difficulty goes

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Posted some photos in my mod thread earlier. Will release these soon. Currently printing what may be the final version of the crypt (prototype here).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please add me to the list when they are ready. They look fantastic.

#954 4 years ago

I've been dreaming about a few things all of this time and finally decided to take a stab at one idea.

It's my first sculpt & bake. Drank in a lot of videos, picked up the essentials and spent a couple of days playing. I present to you 'the 2nd tower'; Tower of Torture(?).

I tried to get a picture from my playing view (the one that is furthest out). Believe it or not it doesn't hide much besides the flasher cover which was my hope. Difficult to convey that in the photos but I'm very pleased and I love that I was able to get it nice and close to the glass. It augments the main tower nicely IMO.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#955 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I've been dreaming about a few things all of this time and finally decided to take a stab at one idea.
It's my first sculpt & bake. Drank in a lot of videos, picked up the essentials and spent a couple of days playing. I present to you 'the 2nd tower'; Tower of Torture(?).
I tried to get a picture from my playing view (the one that is furthest out). Believe it or not it doesn't hide much besides the flasher cover which was my hope. Difficult to convey that in the photos but I'm very pleased and I love that I was able to get it nice and close to the glass. It augments the main tower nicely IMO.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job on the sculpt! Looks to be a pretty perfect match and a very cool addition.

Perhaps the photos are deceiving as you note, but they do make it seem the tower blocks more of the upper playfield/flipper and/or the guillotine/flasher than some would prefer (particularly for off-axis onlookers).

Otherwise, I'm glad to see this idea coming together, and look forward to seeing it painted up (if you don't have a color match, I could give you the "recipe" I came up with to match if it could help).

#956 4 years ago

Thanks @Medisinyl!

The challenge for me, besides not having sculpted anything before, was that the pin is full of direct comparatives so I figured that I would either be fortunate enough to do come 'close enough' or would completely fail. I now have to figure out the colour(color) match yet, however as this is all new to me. Very pleased that I had no issues with baking.

You can see that I stuck to the same width as the original L style stone on that 3D printed block, tapered in to come up to the window/opening and then flared the top of the tower out, all so as to not obscure the guillotine. I will be dressing that up a bit as well, to trim it up to make it like one of the original tour guillotines.

#957 4 years ago

I only had two days with it before the newest code dropped, but something seems different. Before, it would hold the ball everytime I reached a monster and I could watch the intro animation, but after the code update it doesn't hold the ball about 1/3 of the time. Is there a setting?

Also, the shaker seems a bit weak. I have it turned on normal. Is there a way to turn it up a bit?

#958 4 years ago

Also, what are the game differences from medium to easy difficulty?

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Before, it would hold the ball everytime I reached a monster and I could watch the intro animation, but after the code update it doesn't hold the ball about 1/3 of the time. Is there a setting?

Not sure that I would say that this is new but I find that the magnet in the top center of the orbit does not always hold the ball. It seems inconsistent so I don't think that this is intentional, I think that there is something amiss. IE: on the 3rd ball (assuming that you have not previously reached/started a monster, you are given a monster on plunge. I believe that the ball should be grabbed an held on plunge and wait out the animation. There are times that the ball just comes around the orbit and you play while the monster mode animation plays.

If my assumptions are incorrect, please share your thoughts. I will try to keep an eye on this though, just to be sure.

#960 4 years ago

changed my glass over to PDI and it rattles like crazy, does anyone know where to purchase the anti rattle tape from or what brand to get.
cheers

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Not sure that I would say that this is new but I find that the magnet in the top center of the orbit does not always hold the ball. It seems inconsistent so I don't think that this is intentional, I think that there is something amiss. IE: on the 3rd ball (assuming that you have not previously reached/started a monster, you are given a monster on plunge. I believe that the ball should be grabbed an held on plunge and wait out the animation. There are times that the ball just comes around the orbit and you play while the monster mode animation plays.
If my assumptions are incorrect, please share your thoughts. I will try to keep an eye on this though, just to be sure.

You can adjust magnet strength. Mine grabs about 85% of the time in stock settings. The fails are usually when a ball is flying to fast around the orbit for it to catch.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

changed my glass over to PDI and it rattles like crazy, does anyone know where to purchase the anti rattle tape from or what brand to get.
cheers

Flipper fidelity sell some that is good.
Jc

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

You can adjust magnet strength. Mine grabs about 85% of the time in stock settings. The fails are usually when a ball is flying to fast around the orbit for it to catch.

I can't find this setting in the menu. Can you tell me where?

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

This is exactly how it's happening to me. I thought it might be update related, but I only had it a couple of days before the update so I wasn't sure.

#965 4 years ago

Bit of fun, but we did our ACNC video after having the game for 3 days. You can judge how much fun it is to play with your kids. Shots are not that tight, just be accurate. We will turn the power of the upper flipper up just a touch to make Frankenstein more achievable ( we can get it now, just has to be perfect to make it up there)

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Bit of fun, but we did our ACNC video after having the game for 3 days. You can judge how much fun it is to play with your kids. Shots are not that tight, just be accurate. We will turn the power of the upper flipper up just a touch to make Frankenstein more achievable ( we can get it now, just has to be perfect to make it up there)

I can't back hand the left ramp like you did. Can you share your pitch and flipper strength Dr. John?

#967 4 years ago

When my magnet grabs the ball, the magnet only shoots the ball up about 10mm then goes straight down the center, this is obviously not how it is meant to work, I seen dr Johns video and his magnet shoots the ball way up the playfield, does anyone know how to fix this or what could be causing it.
Cheers
Trevor

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

When my magnet grabs the ball, the magnet only shoots the ball up about 10mm then goes straight down the center, this is obviously not how it is meant to work, I seen dr Johns video and his magnet shoots the ball way up the playfield, does anyone know how to fix this or what could be causing it.
Cheers
Trevor

Try the different magnet save behaviors. Different game pitches seem too affect it. At 6.7 I used behavior 1, at 6.5 I'm using default.

#969 4 years ago

I only had two days with it before the newest code dropped, but something seems different. Before, it would hold the ball everytime I reached a monster and I could watch the intro animation, but after the code update it doesn't hold the ball about 1/3 of the time. Is there a setting?

The frank release timing is fixed in the next version

Also, what are the game differences from medium to easy difficulty?

This setting determines where you start in the castle for room navigation

Quoted from MANTO1975:

When my magnet grabs the ball, the magnet only shoots the ball up about 10mm then goes straight down the center, this is obviously not how it is meant to work,

in settings->gameplay(feature) there is a "save magnet pattern" settings. you will need to pick one that works for your machine.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

That's awesome... really cool to see pinball media with two people banging away and having a ton of fun. Consider yourself incredibly lucky that you have a daughter that loves playing pins with you! Can't wait to have my number called!

#971 4 years ago

We brought our cooper to Pintastic this weekend. Most of the show it was set to 1$ a play high score contest for charity until we put it in the vip rooms for all night freeplay access Saturday night. We were able to raise 250$ for the Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay with it

It held up great with just one real big we saw pop up and a reset corrected it. It was a surprise game to many as they didn’t think they’d like it as much as they did. I even had a few friends tell me they liked it over all the new games currently on the market like wonka and Oktoberfest.

The game is now on location at The Sanctum so if anyone near CT wants to try it out come by some Monday night.

-Jim

#972 4 years ago

I don’t have the newest update yet because I don’t have a computer and can’t find my memory stick but I hope someone can answer me this. Does the update fix the Monster issue with the balls falling down below the playfield? It’s an infuriating issue that just pisses me off when it happens. How can I fix this? Also the right lock switch on The Monster never seems to register when the ball goes in. If I put it in switch test and press it it does work. I wanna get my Alice working perfectly so I don’t get pulled out of the game.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

I don’t have the newest update yet because I don’t have a computer and can’t find my memory stick but I hope someone can answer me this. Does the update fix the Monster issue with the balls falling down below the playfield? It’s an infuriating issue that just pisses me off when it happens. How can I fix this? Also the right lock switch on The Monster never seems to register when the ball goes in. If I put it in switch test and press it it does work. I wanna get my Alice working perfectly so I don’t get pulled out of the game.

I’m on new code and have had two balls fall into cabinet. I’m not sure how it happens yet as I have not looked at Frankie yet. I hope it can be fixed with code but may need some physical changes to fix. I’m lifting playfield today to have a look will let you know if I find anything that may help. Cheers

#974 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed in the thread but I haven’t really heard it discussed elsewhere:

Does ACNC have the best upper playfield in pinball?

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Not sure if this has been discussed in the thread but I haven’t really heard it discussed elsewhere:

TSPP is really good too

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

There's a servo setting in the menu to adjust the ball load height. I had the same issue on arrival, but it was a quick fix. Interestingly enough, I didn't have to change the setting with the new code, so perhaps there was a slight factory setting adjustment?

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

TSPP is really good too

Agreed albeit TSPP is a bit simple in comparison.

#978 4 years ago

Depends if the original BK counts with the split level. If so, that would get my vote.

Otherwise, it's certainly amongst the best, if not the best. I do think it's a lot more fun than TSPP. The option to release a cradle to drain into the crypt is a "shot" that feels different and somehow satisfying. There's five possible exit points (crypt, scoop, left rail, right rail, Frank mutli). And it's necessary for a few different modes.

SoF is another favorite. It's simple on the surface, but the interactivity of the progressively slower timed drops with well synced sound effects makes it one of the more satisfying upper playfields for me (also used for the roaming jackpot).

Maybe I just like timed drop target banks...

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

There's a servo setting in the menu to adjust the ball load height. I had the same issue on arrival, but it was a quick fix. Interestingly enough, I didn't have to change the setting with the new code, so perhaps there was a slight factory setting adjustment?

What is the adjustment under and what did you set yours at? The only thing I don’t like about ACNC so far is the settings menu.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

The only thing I don’t like about ACNC so far is the settings menu.

I love that you can enter settings, make a change and exit back into the game without a restart - thank you Team Spooky!

#981 4 years ago

Agreed albeit TSPP is a bit simple in comparison.

Three targets, a loop, two flippers, a ramp and physical ball lock that is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. Maybe not so simple

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Three targets, a loop, two flippers, a ramp and physical ball lock that is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. Maybe not so simple

Fair play. I reckon I find it more simple due to the “fragmented” play. But you’re not wrong!!

#983 4 years ago

Fair play. I reckon I find it more simple due to the “fragmented” play. But you’re not wrong!!

I find it simple play-wise since you're always trying to do the same thing. There's only one flow through it. AC has an impressive number of different goals up there. Imagine if the three drains functioned as mode shots!

#984 4 years ago

I got another 3 months or so, but am wondering if a shaker is needed. I love shakers, but played AMH recently and the sub shook the game pretty good. Is the shaker really an improvement (for the people who like shakers) or is the sub rattle enough to give that tactile sensation a shaker usually gives?

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

What is the adjustment under and what did you set yours at? The only thing I don’t like about ACNC so far is the settings menu.

Utilities menu, servo settings. I think the one you want to look at is Frank Load. Sorry I don't have the machine right here so I might be off a little.

If you're losing balls into the cabinet, the Frank Load position is too high. If you're not getting lock switches to register, it's too low.

#986 4 years ago

dnapac

I don't think that it's needed. I have ACNC and GB LE almost beside each other and can't seem to recall any memorable shaker moments on Alice. GB, yes.

That said, maybe these moments are still to come so I can't speak to that, but right now not much comes to mind. Even with the Hurry Up at the end of a Monster mode, it seems that it is all sound based (sub).

Let's see what others have to say.

#987 4 years ago

Am also interested in if the shaker is worth it or not. So far it Doesn't seem like it. Would love to hear from folks about this.

#988 4 years ago

I have a shaker. In the current code revision, I would consider it a nice-to-have, non-critical, add on. But that may change in future revisions.

(As a comparison, I would 100% recommend a shaker in TNA)

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

dnapac
I don't think that it's needed. I have ACNC and GB LE almost beside each other and can't seem to recall any memorable shaker moments on Alice. GB, yes.
That said, maybe these moments are still to come so I can't speak to that, but right now not much comes to mind. Even with the Hurry Up at the end of a Monster mode, it seems that it is all sound based (sub).
Let's see what others have to say.

I like it, but wish I could make it a bit stronger. All of my other machines have stronger shaker motors.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

If you're losing balls into the cabinet, the Frank Load position is too high. If you're not getting lock switches to register, it's too low.

Im having BOTH problems

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Am also interested in if the shaker is worth it or not. So far it Doesn't seem like it. Would love to hear from folks about this.

I feel the shaker is.

1.If you are using a pinstadium in your ACNC. The get a shaker. It is the best option to hook your flashers on.

2. Mode specific, wherewolf mode, if you hit a red arrow. The wolf attacks you and you get feedback by shaker.

Magicchiz

#992 4 years ago

What I’m getting is, as the code matures, the shaker will be well integrated.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I find it simple play-wise since you're always trying to do the same thing. There's only one flow through it. AC has an impressive number of different goals up there. Imagine if the three drains functioned as mode shots!

Good point! With TSPP it is start the TV mode and then shoot for the couch. Hopefully Bowen adds more cool rules that involve the upper playfield.

I like the secret Dungeon shot. It would be cool if every room had a secret shot or series of shots like that. It would be fun to find them

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What I’m getting is, as the code matures, the shaker will be well integrated.

That’s called an assumption. Reality: maybe, maybe not

#995 4 years ago

I was told my #300~s butter cabinet ACNC shipped on Wednesday. It'll probably be here next week

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I was told my #300~s butter cabinet ACNC shipped on Wednesday.

unless spooky is reassigning numbers, why not say you are #349?

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Did you buy one yet or still just interjecting here to complain?

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I don't think they reassign numbers. I didn't remember what my number was, and didn't want to go looking through emails. Thanks for reminding me

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I don't think they reassign numbers. I didn't remember what my number was, and didn't want to go looking through emails. Thanks for reminding me

They do butter cabs in batches. It moves you ahead of the line a bit. My 219 will bet here in the next few weeks...

#1000 4 years ago

Does the magnetic ball save also grab balls that have drained from the outlanes, and are rolling along the apron to the trough opening?

I thought I saw that in a youtube video but it seemed too good to be true.

Thanks!

BobC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/20?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.