(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 161.
#901 4 years ago

I just played the game for over an hour with a buddy of mine. So much fun!!! We played a couple times on co-op mode, but still weren't able to reach the wizard mode.

I still have never seen the guillotine mech in action on my game. When exactly does it come into play? We nailed a couple guillotine shots during the "Alice" mode, but it never grabbed the ball. Do you have to beat the mode?

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just played the game for over an hour with a buddy of mine. So much fun!!! We played a couple times on co-op mode, but still weren't able to reach the wizard mode.
I still have never seen the guillotine mech in action on my game. When exactly does it come into play? We nailed a couple guillotine shots during the "Alice" mode, but it never grabbed the ball. Do you have to beat the mode?

Yes third shot during mode

#903 4 years ago

for the couple of you that are under this number with me, your games are on the line, i just don't ask for payment a month out. if you want to send money you can, but you will get your notice in about 2 weeks.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

For anyone interested:
Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle Deep Dive! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules and Code
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-code/

Can anyone else access the TWIP site? It's down for me.

#905 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar
Can you make green plastic protectors for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle like you did for Total Nuclear Annihilation
Please and thank you!

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can anyone else access the TWIP site? It's down for me.

Down for me as well

#907 4 years ago

Got the same notice; number 167

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You have to hit the shot 3 times. On the 3rd shot, it grabs the ball and guillotine comes down "chopping off" the head. Then you have bonus shots (timed). Each time you hit a jackpot shot...well...I'll let you see for yourself, but watch the screen. Makes me and the kids laugh every time. My wife rolls her eyes...as usual.

#909 4 years ago

Working on a mod idea and found it interesting that the 3d printed piece near the crypt (hidden behind the castle wall) has bricks on it. Not quite as interesting as the messages Spooky hides in their games, but I wonder if they had any 3d printed stone mockups in prototyping before Matt made the sculpts.

Currently working on another 4 or so Alice mods (one finished with parts being built, but likely waiting to reveal with another mod).

20190628_150251 (resized).jpg20190628_150251 (resized).jpg

#910 4 years ago

I'm still on the line for my game but until then I'm wondering if anyone has made a document detailing the rules? I did play my friend's ACNC already but was absolutely clueless on what I was doing even with reading the small rule insert on the apron. I find that modern pins aren't very intuitive with the rule sets in many cases. I've taken rule set sheets from all of my other games (Tron, AC/DC, GNR, KISS, Rob Zombie) and updated them myself by taking off the glass to fine tweak from of the write ups that have been done.
Also, I thought I read there is a co-op mode on this game? Does that mean that all players are working together on the modes and such so any completed modes/quests/etc are carried over player to player?

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Also, I thought I read there is a co-op mode on this game? Does that mean that all players are working together on the modes and such so any completed modes/quests/etc are carried over player to player?

Yes, and also team co-op for player 1/3 and 2/4 to compete as teams against each other. Monsters killed are still separated for the players that make the kill, but scores are shared otherwise.

#912 4 years ago

That's my Alice with the Pinstadiums in it and yes, you can dial back the light if it's too bright for you. We like to see the artwork properly so it's the best thing for us. All of my guests love it. The green glow option looks ghostly and is a crowd pleaser too. I turned on red just to test it and it was only favored by one person as a red dawn kind of look to the game. I do NOT suggest Fusions for this game. Just get the regular with the UV glow for the shaker motor.

On a note of colors and such, everyone I've spoken to about the game feels that with the color scheme, it was a severely missed opportunity for Spooky to make the whole game UV reactant. Most of the colors are the exact same color as everything that's glow in the dark, it would have been a great show to be able to mount a UV light over it and let it really pop.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

missed opportunity for Spooky to make the whole game UV reactant.

Nothing is stopping you from painting those parts of the castle with UV paint
Would love to see if you do it.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Nothing is stopping you from painting those parts of the castle with UV paint
Would love to see if you do it.

I'm not brave enough.

#915 4 years ago

So, beat Cold Ethyl for first time. Missed the hurry up. But when hurry up Timer ended, the mode was still active. Jackpots stayed lit, ethyl insect still flashing green and blurred ethyl animations playing. Is this a bug or how it is supposed to play? Do you just keep hitting jackpots until you drain at least one ball?

20190629_110920 (resized).jpg20190629_110920 (resized).jpg
#916 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So, beat Cold Ethyl for first time. Missed the hurry up. But when hurry up Timer ended, the mode was still active. Jackpots stayed lit, ethyl insect still flashing green and blurred ethyl animations playing. Is this a bug or how it is supposed to play? Do you just keep hitting jackpots until you drain at least one ball?

That sounds like a bug to me. The mode should officially end after the hurry up.

I noticed a similar bug the other day after a ball got stuck and the game went into a ball search. From that point forward, the green skill shot lights stayed on, but none of the shots would register. I had to reboot the machine to fix it.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That sounds like a bug to me. The mode should officially end after the hurry up.
I noticed a similar bug the other day after a ball got stuck and the game went into a ball search. From that point forward, the green skill shot lights stayed on, but none of the shots would register. I had to reboot the machine to fix it.

Well, I ended up draining both balls on the attempt at cradle separation.

#918 4 years ago

Well I will say that Co-Op has improved my enjoyment of the game so who ever recommended that thanks..

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well I will say that Co-Op has improved my enjoyment of the game so who ever recommended that thanks..

Such a great mode to play with family and friends! Really looking forward to it

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Co-op is super rad just got done playing co-op with my nephew . We played for about 2 hours . He is totally into this game now , he kept saying one more game . We really wanted to make it to the end but the best we did was 6 monsters , we both had a lot of fun though and I’ Sure we can make it the wizard mode together sometime.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Not a butter. It’s weird. Decals are perfect. Nothing damaged on Playfield. Everything looked perfect until I moved the head into position. Not sure how it could have happened.

I got a demo game for my location. Same kind of damage. Wierd.

#922 4 years ago

I've sent in a support request for a few of my issues but here is one where I'd like a bit of feedback from other owners on:

Crypt lock drop targets
I was having what appeared to be an odd ball search issue until I realized that there was often a ball getting stuck up behind the 2nd drop target in the crypt lock path. I noticed that the drop target was sticking up just enough that the ball would often hang there. I have since used the set screw below the target to lower the target but both targets sit noticeably slanted when looking the the top of them when dropped. The right side sticks up higher than the left. My concern is that if I lower them enough to not catch the ball (ball hang up) then the left side will be below the playfield and allow the ball to wear down the target hole edge on the playfield.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Co-op is super rad just got done playing co-op with my nephew . We played for about 2 hours . He is totally into this game now , he kept saying one more game . We really wanted to make it to the end but the best we did was 6 monsters , we both had a lot of fun though and I’ Sure we can make it the wizard mode together sometime.

You know I never looked in to the Co-Op mode I thought it had to do with teams I didn't think of it as a continuation of the game. I made to reactor 8 on TNA yesterday using Co-Op I have never made it out of reactor 4 on a single player game. This is a great feature for average players to explore the games story line and advanced features.

#924 4 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the strength of the shaker, or even turn it off completely from the settings?

#925 4 years ago

Having random resets daily , today twice once after ball 2 in Frank, the other after a tilt.

Also , maybe a switch adjustment needed , sometimes ball 2 not registering in Frank - ball search does not clear Frank , leads to a reset/crash.

Often get two balls locked in crypt and needs a ball search to release.

Had a player score 470 million, and would not let him enter his initials . Also started all 9 monsters, defeated 6, does this not lead to wizard mode?

#926 4 years ago

Also the tilt crash, removed paid credits.

#927 4 years ago

Posted some photos in my mod thread earlier. Will release these soon. Currently printing what may be the final version of the crypt (prototype here).

20190628_192204 (resized).jpg20190628_192204 (resized).jpg20190628_192227 (resized).jpg20190628_192227 (resized).jpgrainbowC (resized).jpgrainbowC (resized).jpg
#928 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Posted some photos in my mod thread earlier. Will release these soon. Currently printing what may be the final version of the crypt (prototype here).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Update us here! Looking good!

#929 4 years ago

"Awesome" keep the updates rolling

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Posted some photos in my mod thread earlier. Will release these soon. Currently printing what may be the final version of the crypt (prototype here).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Add me to the list when ready

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Having random resets daily , today twice once after ball 2 in Frank, the other after a tilt.
Also , maybe a switch adjustment needed , sometimes ball 2 not registering in Frank - ball search does not clear Frank , leads to a reset/crash.
Often get two balls locked in crypt and needs a ball search to release.
Had a player score 470 million, and would not let him enter his initials . Also started all 9 monsters, defeated 6, does this not lead to wizard mode?

Will look into, thanks!

In current rules the player must defeat Frankenstein by getting 3 multiball jackpots, otherwise the wizard mode stays unavailable until that task is completed. It's under consideration to be changed because of this confusion.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Love the mods! Can’t wait to buy. 2 things. The top of the tunnel...can it be more block/rock like, and the mausoleum...can it be a mm or 2 shorter. Just a thought. Otherwise, looks sweet.

#933 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to go pick mine up today. It’s all I’ve been playing tonight finally getting a chance to play this in a home setting with nothing else but this on. The game is amazing, there is quite nothing like it out there at the moment and the code is super deep from what I can tell already.

So happy for Chuck, his family and all the hard work that his crew has done. These guys deserve all the success they got coming. It’s so good to have choices and competition in pinball, we are in a pinball renaissance and I hope it truely continues for years to come ! Alice Cooper rocks !

349121AE-1226-4DC2-B078-7DD2921E64F0 (resized).jpeg349121AE-1226-4DC2-B078-7DD2921E64F0 (resized).jpeg
#934 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Love the mods! Can’t wait to buy. 2 things. The top of the tunnel...can it be more block/rock like, and the mausoleum...can it be a mm or 2 shorter. Just a thought. Otherwise, looks sweet.

While I see merit in an arch that continues the block appearance, I question the precedent of "upgrading" (if preferred) a mod soon after release. I never want early adopters to feel remorse, nor hesitant in the future.

Not too late for me to change the crypt a bit.
At 5'9", I see it as in the photo, so the crypt doesn't obscure much at that eye level. The other photos may be a bit deceiving at a lower point of view, but I'll keep it in mind when testing with the next print.

I appreciate the interest

EDIT: Will also be testing a matte finish on the next paint (as the arch/tower pieces get)--the gloss seems a bit too shiny (exacerbated by a light directly overhead in the photo).
20190701_234258 (resized).jpg20190701_234258 (resized).jpg

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

thenotrashcougar
Can you make green plastic protectors for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle like you did for Total Nuclear Annihilation
Please and thank you!

Yes, please help me save on shipping for both sets!

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm not brave enough.

Printed decals covered by mylar might work. Possible to undo if you don't like it. The trick would be finding a printable, invisible, UV reactive ink.

#937 4 years ago

My Alice is in the country! Soon he will escape the clutches of the Auckland Customs border agents, and hitch a ride in the back of a truck down-country to a safe-house we've arranged in Wellington. Then, when everyone's palms have been crossed with silver, he'll be hooded, strapped to a hand truck, and wheeled down the long, scary, crumbling stone steps to my Yeticave to await his decapitation.

Won't be long now, my pretty.

Won't be long now.

#938 4 years ago

I got through vampire mode without missing any shots. During the frenzy the outer orbits didn’t light up for the victory loop jackpots. I also drained half way through the frenzy timer and it ended my ball. I was definitely in frenzy as the screen displayed the frenzy timer and the victory loops text. I’ve never had that happen and wonder if it’s a bug related to the quick time the mode was completed in.

E833BD9F-D535-4A82-BDEB-75BE9C547BA7 (resized).jpegE833BD9F-D535-4A82-BDEB-75BE9C547BA7 (resized).jpeg
#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This is fixed in next update, hurryup should be running after the mode ends and ethyl was defeated.

Quoted from CafeOne:

What version is running?

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I also drained half way through the frenzy timer and it ended my ball. I was definitely in frenzy as the screen displayed the frenzy timer and the victory loops text.

I was able to reproduce this if you release the crypt at the same time frenzy is running. I'll have that fixed today.

#940 4 years ago

Anybody know where production is at? I'm #200 and giddy as fuck to get this game!

#941 4 years ago

A "secret passage" sign pointing to the secret passage? That makes it just a passage, right?

#942 4 years ago

My wife and I played this game at Pintastic... WITH Bowen... and I was in awe. The sounds, the sights, the gameplay was terrific, and Bowen kept pumping us up when we made the necessary shots.

We loved it so much that we tried to call up to order one asap. They are closed on the weekend?

Then it was brought into the EB Lounge and we played it another 3-4 times. Again the sounds and sights were AMAZING... but some of the shots... we must have got real lucky in game 1. It felt really tight. Like... Houdini tight.

I love a game with good flow. So that kind of turned me off. I wish the middle area wasn't so wide so the entrances to the orbits could be a bit bigger.

I'm in the ACNC fan club thread, so I expect support for the game, but does anyone else feel this way?

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm in the ACNC fan club thread, so I expect support for the game, but does anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, it's been covered several times already. Ad nauseam in fact and I wholly disagree with the Houdini comparison.
You might want to begin reading here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk

#944 4 years ago

Medisinyl Love the new mods and will be ordering...FWIW, I have always thought the top (surface) of the tunnel looked out of place and it was always the only thing I could nitpick.

So, here's another (respectful) vote for a "blockier" surface on top!

#945 4 years ago

Yep.. they do. There are plenty on both sides of the fence, and that's fine.

Bottom line is buy what you enjoy. If you like a more challenging game with a lot to do and crazy fun rules, here it is. If you like easy open flow shots, lots of those out there too. We personally own both and love all styles of games! I enjoy getting whooped by a TnA as much as I enjoy whooping up on a Star Trek or Monster Bash.

Maybe I'm semi sadistic?! I mean... we do own a pinball company.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm still on the line for my game but until then I'm wondering if anyone has made a document detailing the rules? I did play my friend's ACNC already but was absolutely clueless on what I was doing even with reading the small rule insert on the apron. I find that modern pins aren't very intuitive with the rule sets in many cases. I've taken rule set sheets from all of my other games (Tron, AC/DC, GNR, KISS, Rob Zombie) and updated them myself by taking off the glass to fine tweak from of the write ups that have been done.

Anyone have a rules sheet?

#947 4 years ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/alice-cooper-nightmare-castle-rulesheet/3950

(not sure if the latest updates are in there but its a good start)

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Anyone have a rules sheet?

#948 4 years ago

I find the shots on ACNC to be much more satisfying than the shots on Houdini. The orbits can seem a bit tight at first, but once you get used to the game, they aren't that hard to hit. I think Charlie knocked it out of the park on this one. It's such a fun game to shoot, and the upper playfield is easily one of the best I've seen on any game. Combine that with great rules, catchy songs, and a really cool light and sound package, and this game is definitely a winner.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anybody know where production is at? I'm #200 and giddy as fuck to get this game!

Well boom! Some sort of fate that was. Received my invoice today!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/19?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.