(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 161.
#801 4 years ago

Hey all, Lucas walked me through the Ball Search issue with Frank.. The back story is every time I locked a ball in Frank the machine would not launch a ball and go into constant ball search. Little bend of the switch behind Frank fixed the problem..

#802 4 years ago

Thanks Charlie!

Sounds great!

Sorry if my post sounded a little "stern"...

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The 3D parts have a bit of a texture... that is what can cause the rare and random "squeak". Compared to say the noise made by the original MM castle gate, it's incredibly minor. Add a little Teflon lube gel, and it will be fine.
The motor driving code is GREATLY improved since the RZ days. It will actually shut down power to any motor pushing where it can't get to go. On the odd occasion that one does, they are super inexpensive ($8 from Spooky) to replace.

He was basically saying exactly that. Give the ball guide a little move with your finger, tighten the screw if needed, and you'll be fine.
There are 200 of these games out there now, and they have been pretty darn dependable, and they will continue to get better.
As far as parts for any of our games, we still have 100% availability on AMH parts from 6 years ago, so we don't see that changing any time soon.

#803 4 years ago

I've looked at pictures on Pinside and I've seen 2 different speaker covers.

One looks like a skull, and another an eye (?) with a spider in the middle (which I like much better).

Is the skull an aftermarket mod?

Thanks!

BobC

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I've looked at pictures on Pinside and I've seen 2 different speaker covers.

One looks like a skull, and another an eye (?) with a spider in the middle (which I like much better).

Is the skull an aftermarket mod?

So here's the story on that... I made both! Lol. I was at a loss as to what to do for a cool speaker cover metal upgrade, and out of desperation close to TPF last year, I made the vampire skull thing. I was thinking of Alice's side band (Hollywood Vampires) at the time.

Then like 2 days later we went to a show. I looked up, and thought... well, THAT WORKS MUCH BETTER!!!

AC_Backdrop (resized).jpgAC_Backdrop (resized).jpg
#805 4 years ago

So do I have to contact KT if I want the Spider in the Eye ones?

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im going with a little less Alice and a little more Nightmare Castle.[quoted image]

Alternate translite? Nice job!!

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

So do I have to contact KT if I want the Spider in the Eye ones?

Yep... [email protected] or [email protected]

Just tell them you want the lighted speaker kit.

#808 4 years ago

Tonight when I hit mystery award I saw Advance to Mummy appear. New monster or placeholder? Or was I just hallucinating? Also advanced 2 rooms and landed in the kitchen. First time I've ever been there. Still don't know what Alice award means, though. New code is a blast...but the hints of more to come really gets me excited.

#809 4 years ago

Hey Charlie, just straight up, more to come isn't ever going to be more songs right? I just want to know not to set the hopes bar too high.

Edit Disclaimer: on heavy pain meds right now. Not trying to sound harsh in any way.

#810 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure I already have it as part of my build, so I'm guessing the eyes are the default then?

Yep... [email protected] or [email protected]
Just tell them you want the lighted speaker kit.

#811 4 years ago

Excited to say I’m in on 148! I’m so excited to get this game. I know the butter abs just got in, but where were we before that?

I have the same question bob c- is the rgb Kit the spider in the eye?

Thank you spooky for making such a cool game.

#812 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell their spot (under #250) shoot me a pm.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Excited to say I’m in on 148! I’m so excited to get this game. I know the butter abs just got in, but where were we before that?
I have the same question bob c- is the rgb Kit the spider in the eye?
Thank you spooky for making such a cool game.

The eyes are the upgrade kit. The skulls were discontinued and not available.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Hey Charlie, just straight up, more to come isn't ever going to be more songs right? I just want to know not to set the hopes bar too high.

Edit Disclaimer: on heavy pain meds right now. Not trying to sound harsh in any way.

There are 16 songs total with the 10 Alice and 6 by Matt (Piggy D)... there won't be any licensed songs added unless Alice requests them personally.

#815 4 years ago

Installed new code yesterday. Have had Igor start before I get to him. Triggered crypt multiball with no ball locked. Went into ball search today on ball 2 when I had drained my last ball. 4 in trough. Not sure if anyone else having these issues or maybe I installed wrong.

#816 4 years ago

There are 16 songs total with the 10 Alice and 6 by Matt (Piggy D)... there won't be any licensed songs added unless Alice requests them personally.

Let's head over to wherever he is reading and all request more of his tunes!

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Well, they aren’t to 147, because that’s me.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While it can be a slight bummer to lose old high scores, with new code that changes how scoring works, the old scores no longer have relevance, so it should be easy to justify starting from scratch rather than chase old scores that may have been acquired through different rules and possibly imbalances.

Yes, as I've been playing the new code I've noticed that the scoring has changed. So goodbye old scores...here's to some bigger ones in the future!

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Tonight when I hit mystery award I saw Advance to Mummy appear. New monster or placeholder? Or was I just hallucinating? Also advanced 2 rooms and landed in the kitchen. First time I've ever been there. Still don't know what Alice award means, though. New code is a blast...but the hints of more to come really gets me excited.

I interpreted the "Advance to Mummy" as a joke / reference to Monster Bash. Sort of like "Tilt Next Player" (or however it was phrased) was a joke Mystery option. I believe there was a callout reference to Monster Bash in the last code too (werewolf)?

#820 4 years ago

I see - so you're saying the ball is in our court now? I know someone who knows Alice's manager Shep Gordon....

#821 4 years ago

Well looks like the 6.7 is working well, got the ball search problem squared away and now the game playing very well. The shots are definitely tight, I find myself struggle on those orbit shots. Not sure if this is a bug but every mystery shot is to advance to monster, any thoughts as to why that would be the case or is that another code tweak needing to be done?

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well looks like the 6.7 is working well, got the ball search problem squared away and now the game playing very well. The shots are definitely tight, I find myself struggle on those orbit shots. Not sure if this is a bug but every mystery shot is to advance to monster, any thoughts as to why that would be the case or is that another code tweak needing to be done?

This is an intended change.

First shot lights mystery till you hit the left scoop or the ball drains

Next one lights mystery (after collecting the first one) for 25 seconds or so. once you collect, the next mystery lights for 20 seconds.. then 15, 10, 5

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

I see - so you're saying the ball is in our court now? I know someone who knows Alice's manager Shep Gordon....

That would be awesome! I would be willing to purchase songs if that is what it would take. I hate to open that door but I would like more tunes

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Not sure if this is a bug but every mystery shot is to advance to monster, any thoughts as to why that would be the case or is that another code tweak needing to be done?

The first mystery award in every game is Advance to Monster. After that, it's randomized, but it is possible for later mystery awards to also be Advance to Monster, or for other awards (Advance 2 Rooms) to award progress that gives the monster.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The first mystery award in every game is Advance to Monster. After that, it's randomized, but it is possible for later mystery awards to also be Advance to Monster, or for other awards (Advance 2 Rooms) to award progress that gives the monster.

I personally think it would be neat if we could change it to be truly random in the settings (or pseudo random, so it looks more random).
Alternatively, if we had a way to specify Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane difficulty we could change it.

Easy - Always to go Advance Monster, modes are counted regardless of completion, modes do not time out, etc..al
Normal - As current
Hard - Random mystery award + other stuff?
Insane - Never give Advance to Monster, modes end after song ends, only count if you complete it, etc...

I've always liked how video games give you easy, normal, hard modes. Pinballs have things like Tournament Mode, but would be awesome if we could make the game much harder if we wanted to. Some folks are masochists.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That would be awesome! I would be willing to purchase songs if that is what it would take. I hate to open that door but I would like more tunes

Most likely not a good idea going to Alice's manager without getting any approval from Charlie / Spooky Pinball. They work really hard at getting licensing and content. I just think if you went to Alice or Shep about the pinball without discussing anything with Charlie you are asking for trouble.

Just my 2cents

Magicchiz

I made a pinball topper but didn't sell any of them, and made sure Charlie had one.

#827 4 years ago

Anyone else notice the ball save magnet and upper playfield flipper seem weaker after the update?

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Anyone else notice the ball save magnet and upper playfield flipper seem weaker after the update?

Nope. Mine are the same.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Up the coil power in the menu. Just opened mine. Had to do it out of the box. Too weak to hit frank lock

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Most likely not a good idea going to Alice's manager without getting any approval from Charlie / Spooky Pinball. They work really hard at getting licensing and content. I just think if you went to Alice or Shep about the pinball without discussing anything with Charlie you are asking for trouble.
Just my 2cents

hahah! Yes, I agree - I was just being a bit silly - I'm sure Shep has a million more important things to do than fuss about with licencing requests from random pinheads.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Just my 2cents
Magicchiz
I made a pinball topper but didn't sell any of them, and made sure Charlie had one.

Agreed. I am only showing support for whatever options might ever come about.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Up the coil power in the menu. Just opened mine. Had to do it out of the box. Too weak to hit frank lock

Yeah, went from 13 (stock) to 15. Funny thing it’s been fine until the update, no issues hitting the ramp at all.

#833 4 years ago

I picked up #108 last Saturday and got a nice tour of the factory and chatted for a while with Charlie and Kayte. Super friendly and down to earth people. I was very impressed with their facility and how much work is going on. These guys are working hard to get games out the door, and the build quality looks really good.

I had never played the game before getting mine home, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I’m happy to report that the game is awesome! It feels super solid and the sounds, music, artwork, and animations really draw you into the game.

Great job Spooky, and thanks again for being so welcoming. Keep up the good work!

00ED945C-0C89-48AF-B4B7-AE5CB3DCE304 (resized).jpeg00ED945C-0C89-48AF-B4B7-AE5CB3DCE304 (resized).jpeg06F6FF7B-9525-41CF-8A0D-74B741C21DDD (resized).jpeg06F6FF7B-9525-41CF-8A0D-74B741C21DDD (resized).jpeg2068CA2B-6CB2-4A8B-864A-2C783F484051 (resized).jpeg2068CA2B-6CB2-4A8B-864A-2C783F484051 (resized).jpeg26FA202E-CF5D-47B6-AD57-2123A1DACADD (resized).jpeg26FA202E-CF5D-47B6-AD57-2123A1DACADD (resized).jpeg37408447-9E55-4ABA-A440-A0CE4574601F (resized).jpeg37408447-9E55-4ABA-A440-A0CE4574601F (resized).jpeg4761EE1A-DCC1-471F-A141-900CFE08C143 (resized).jpeg4761EE1A-DCC1-471F-A141-900CFE08C143 (resized).jpeg9A4AC657-03E3-450A-9D35-CAB2ADEB6535 (resized).jpeg9A4AC657-03E3-450A-9D35-CAB2ADEB6535 (resized).jpegD13F477C-D618-4146-9F96-931205AAE02C (resized).jpegD13F477C-D618-4146-9F96-931205AAE02C (resized).jpegF7F7CD5A-7C55-463D-A3A6-EA0A821681B3 (resized).jpegF7F7CD5A-7C55-463D-A3A6-EA0A821681B3 (resized).jpeg
#834 4 years ago

Shouldn’t Huey, Dewey and Louie be sporting some heavy black makeup around the eyes if they’re going to be sitting on top of the pin?

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Shouldn’t Huey, Dewey and Louie be sporting some heavy black makeup around the eyes if they’re going to be sitting on top of the pin?

Hahaha! I suppose they should. It’s just a temporary home for them, Scrooge and Webby while I move some stuff around in this game room. Just part of the tons and tons of oddball stuff I collect. Ducktales was a great cartoon!

#836 4 years ago

I made final payment for #141 today. It’s been quite a wait and I’m so looking forward to finally having this in my house. How long should I now expect until delivery? Two weeks?

#837 4 years ago

I wasn’t going to peek... but I peeked after the code drop.

I’m a little surprised there hasn’t been. But more raving about exciting new things in the latest code revision?

What say you players?

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wasn’t going to peek... but I peeked after the code drop.
I’m a little surprised there hasn’t been. But more raving about exciting new things in the latest code revision?
What say you players?

Co-op mode is super cool . Had some people over on Friday night to make it to the end of this game but I think we all drank a bit too much because I’ve gotten closer on my own .

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Co-op mode is super cool . Had some people over on Friday night to make it to the end of this game but I think we all drank a bit too much because I’ve gotten closer on my own .

And cool major additions to rules/modes or fallouts that bump the game In the interest dept?

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I made final payment for #141 today. It’s been quite a wait and I’m so looking forward to finally having this in my house. How long should I now expect until delivery? Two weeks?

Jealous right now. Trying to stay patient.

#841 4 years ago

Questions

Is it mandatory to deal with each and every monster to get to the Wizard mode, or just some of them (as for example a real castle might have muliple ways to travel through it)?

Do you have to defeat (kill) the monster to progress, or merely battle them (enough to wound them, get past them, lock the door behind you I might imagine)?

I'll watch a tutorial, but they seem to be about 2 hours long on YouTube and I'm not quite up to that at the moment...

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Questions
Is it mandatory to deal with each and every monster to get to the Wizard mode, or just some of them (as for example a real castle might have muliple ways to travel through it)?
Do you have to defeat (kill) the monster to progress, or merely battle them (enough to wound them, get past them, lock the door behind you I might imagine)?
I'll watch a tutorial, but they seem to be about 2 hours long on YouTube and I'm not quite up to that at the moment...

While I haven't reached the wizard mode myself, I believe you only need to start each monster to get to the wizard mode--no need to actually kill each monster, but it was a nice touch having the monsters killed counter at the end of the score

EDIT: As the post below notes, this may very well be incorrect and you do need to defeat all the monsters. Perhaps the items that may get added later will make this more feasible to those of us that aren't BK?

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I haven't reached the wizard mode myself, I believe you only need to start each monster to get to the wizard mode--no need to actually kill each monster, but it was a nice touch having the monsters killed counter at the end of the score

It is my understanding that you must defeat all the monsters . At least that is what it says on the playfield. I have defeated 5 by myself, it will have to be a pretty stellar game by me to make it there , but with co-op mode I’m sure some friends and I will be able to get there together. I keep my games on factory settings , the game can be made easier in the settings .

7F7DE146-80D4-4F1A-BE49-44B335AA3989 (resized).jpeg7F7DE146-80D4-4F1A-BE49-44B335AA3989 (resized).jpeg
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It is my understanding that you must defeat all the monsters . At least that is what it says on the playfield. I have defeated 5 by myself, it will have to be a pretty stellar game by me to make it there , but with co-op mode I’m sure some friends and I will be able to get there together. I keep my games on factory settings , the game can be made easier in the settings .[quoted image]

I'd trust that over my post...in which case, I haven't gotten nearly as close to the wizard mode as I thought :p

Loving the new code though

#845 4 years ago

I’ve made it to the wizard mode once and while I played all the monster modes, I only beat some of them. I don’t think it’s possible to restart a monster mode other than the Frankenstein multiball mode in the current code.

#846 4 years ago

You only need to start all nine monster modes to start Billion Dollar Babies. However, only two of the monsters you can drain and not finish without losing the ball (frank and ethyl).

Good luck.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Did you get a butter cabinet?

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I’ve made it to the wizard mode once and while I played all the monster modes, I only beat some of them. I don’t think it’s possible to restart a monster mode other than the Frankenstein multiball mode in the current code.

Well I guess I have been closer to the wizard mode than I thought . I just assumed you need to defeat them since that is what the playfield says on it .

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

You only need to start all nine monster modes to start Billion Dollar Babies. However, only two of the monsters you can drain and not finish without losing the ball (frank and ethyl).
Good luck.

It's late and I'm tired. But can that second sentence be rephrased? For some reason it's confusing to me...

Thanks!

#850 4 years ago

Joined the club on Monday #118. Just downloaded new code, loading tomorrow and planning a big session on it. I’ve only completed 3 monsters thus far. I have a long way to go to get to wizard mode if I ever do, but am going to have a fun time trying.

Thanks Charlie and Kayte for the new AMH backglass, greatly appreciate from the land down under. Cheers Gav

C40AB471-EE82-4D7D-A33D-92884979585F (resized).jpegC40AB471-EE82-4D7D-A33D-92884979585F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/17?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.