(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 160.
#752 4 years ago

If anyone can post the width of the shipping boxes, it would be helpful and appreciated.

#753 4 years ago

I just received my speaker light kit in the mail today. Is there a link to installation instructions somewhere?

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Fawzma will put the "what's new" up on our website (which is under new development right now) later today...

Will this happen soon?

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well so far I am getting pretty annoyed with the constant ball searches when I have two balls locked. It has a mind of its own its happened a good 4-5 times since I got it.

Hey man if you call during the week or email us anytime we will get it fixed right up for you! More than likely just the frank switch adjustment. Little tweak and you will be back in action.

#757 4 years ago

How do I clear high scores? I can't find it in the menu

#758 4 years ago

Cu-ooooooode’s out. for. summ-er.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Working great so far, thanks for the update!

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

The release notes are up for the new code!
V1.0.7.0
https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

13/JUN/2019
V1.0.7.0
General - Ballsearch would not run if certain switches remaing active (spinner for example)
General - Magnet test added to Utilities menu
General - Skillshot launch slowdown fixed
General - Ball launch lightshow updated
General - Co Op modes added
General - More rewards for guillotine chops, now with screen indications
General - Tilt no longer forces crypt lock reset
General - Lower drop targets will fire reset coil and knockdown to attempt to free stuck ball
General - Chop servo now goes to minimum lower position instead of max upper position during search
General - Delayed player 1 added callout was not canceled properly
General - Highscore auto end timer now moves on to next player if one needs to entery highscore instead of going to match sequence
General - Extra ball option yes/no
General - Menu system found more text that did not convert to uppercase
General - better support for servo setting integrity
General - Ball hops from habit trail to outlane will save the ball
General - In attract, extraball text changed to EB to fit on screen
General - Tilt would interfere with match/highscore
General - Mystery award needed to account for all monsters being visited
General - Frank/DBD/visit count working better
General - Menu system will shot default color in different color
General - Attract font size increased
General - left ramp will trigger success if ball doesn't make it all the way to the lock
General - Ball search from attract would only work one time if search was canceled with flippers
Alice - frenzy mode has its own dedicated looping background animation
Frank - removed slow riser move effect to help release balls better
Frank - upper drop handled better when right lock is ready
Frank - if ball is trapped on left lock, riser will move up/down to attempt to jar ball loose
Frank - missing bash target light when mode is beat
Insect - When combined with crypt, ball save count was not updated properly
Insect - final bug shot to left subway was forcing left scoop to ignore the shot (would not start big bug battle)
BDB - general switch scoring disabled
BDB - ball save disabled when all lives are lost
BDB - before bdb starts and crypt is released, game will disable flippers to drain and start mode
BDB - Die scene swapped from TPF version
BDB - Ball saves no longer trigger shot advancement
BDB - Orbit shots will not trigger the next shot advancement when completing an orbit
BDB - reduced cashout timer
Crypt - ending crypt while starting mystery mode monster would force music back to normal game play
Ethyl - hurryup starts after ethyl is defeated
Ethyl - Crypt lock clears on tilt
Ethyl - missing 1 mil score when locking from above
Ethyl - mode total screen working when nothing was done while in mode
Frank - When mode ends center targets might not register hits
Frank - Missing center target sfx if player is in foyer at the time mode started
Picreature - score adjustments
Wolf - score adjustments
Wolf - shaker added when miss/or get hit by wolf
Zombie - Frenzy mode behavior changed, 4 shots + closeup
Zombie - top side of new jackpot value holds for 5 seconds
Zombie - shooting loop from opposite side will not active lit shots, same for frenzy
Mystery - now only takes one shot to left subway to activate mystery.. but mystery is only available for certain amounts of time depending on times collected
Mystery - won't start if left upper playfield switch was triggered first

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey man if you call during the week or email us anytime we will get it fixed right up for you! More than likely just the frank switch adjustment. Little tweak and you will be back in action.

Thanks I will do that! On side note the added action on the lighting with the new code is right on point! Also, not sure if my feedback had any influence but I definitely notice a better balance between the call outs and the music.. I'm only 5 games in on the new code I like it so far..

#761 4 years ago

New code comes out and my game will arrive in another hour or so. - I must be doing something right.

#762 4 years ago

Noticed this bug in the new code. After hitting the skill shot to light the secret passage, the music changes but the secret passage insert does not light. A mode still starts when the shot is made.

#763 4 years ago

Is "School's Out" in this game? There's tons of references to it, call outs, menu options, but I haven't heard the song yet. Super disappointed if it's not. My wife and I are teachers and were singing this the last week of work.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Is "School's Out" in this game? There's tons of references to it, call outs, menu options, but I haven't heard the song yet. Super disappointed if it's not. My wife and I are teachers and were singing this the last week of work.

No

#765 4 years ago

Any info on roughly what # build the factory is up to?

I’m looking to buy but, would like to reduce wait time if possible. If anyone is selling their game or a spot that will likely be built soonish.

#766 4 years ago

New code

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Any info on roughly what # build the factory is up to?

Post 743 (back one page)

#768 4 years ago

Love to see the new code, thank you!

My first couple of games had what seemed to be a couple of odd missing ball or ball search but too early to tell what and where so I will keep an eye out.

There are definitely lighting and sound changes so I will tweak the amp again to dial it in.

I'm not a great player so I'm excited to read what others think of the new code. Please share what you notice (good and bad).

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Thanks I will do that! On side note the added action on the lighting with the new code is right on point! Also, not sure if my feedback had any influence but I definitely notice a better balance between the call outs and the music.. I'm only 5 games in on the new code I like it so far..

You're right! I wasn't sure what it was but there is definitely far more ambience or something, I wasn't sure what it was but this makes sense now.

#769 4 years ago

Please bring back purple/violet light show for magnet save. That was one of the coolest features. White lights just aren't the same.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Please bring back purple/violet light show for magnet save. That was one of the coolest features. White lights just aren't the same.

Agreed!! I know something was missing, couldn't put my finger on it, but that was it!

#771 4 years ago

Bah, if someone figures out how to sub songs let me know. There are several candidates I'd swap out for this song.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

100% agree with this!

#773 4 years ago

I put in two players just to test the coop, but it started regular. How do I start coop?

#774 4 years ago

I was in Baltimore a couple weeks ago for work and got to check this place out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/8724-holy-frijoles-baltimore-md

Ate some pretty dank Mexican food and drank some prickly pear margaritas.
Great selection of pins and bomb food.

Got to put a dozen or so games on ACNC without any wait. Friggin awesome game.
Great place to get some play time on this if your in the Baltimore area.

#775 4 years ago

I put in two players just to test the coop, but it started regular. How do I start coop?

Hold down the start button until it says co op mode activated.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 4 years ago

I assume it’s like TNA , press and hold start till game says co-op mode activated then add additional players

#777 4 years ago

Spooky, Kingpin, & the Craft Beer Pinball League are having a little party next Saturday in Madison WI if any of you are around...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/255#post-5047740

should be a good time

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The normal setting for magnet save used to work about 50% of the time. Now, it fails 100% of the time.

I have tried the first option setting but no real change, I will have to open a ticket as this thing should almost always work.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The normal setting for magnet save used to work about 50% of the time. Now, it fails 100% of the time.
I have tried the first option setting but no real change, I will have to open a ticket as this thing should almost always work.

I switched to the Pattern 1 or whatever and it's working for me.

#780 4 years ago

I switched to the Pattern 1 or whatever and it's working for me.

Same here. Original used to work 90% or better then went to 0% after update. Pattern 1 has worked so far.

If you start a co-op game, then hold start to reset, it stays in co-op mode.

#781 4 years ago

Charlie, my kids and I had a blast on coop mode today. At Pincincinatti you said it was coming and you held true to your word. Thank you from me and my family!

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Noticed this bug in the new code. After hitting the skill shot to light the secret passage, the music changes but the secret passage insert does not light. A mode still starts when the shot is made.

I also noticed that the secret passage light does not work after hitting the skill shot. Also, when I hit the Light Mystery scoop (when lit) it doesn't trigger the left mystery scoop light or activate the "hit the left scoop" callout.

I'm also a fan of the previous pink / purple light show on the magnet save. My magnet save works on pattern 1 with the new code.

#783 4 years ago

Hey all, does anyone know how I can restore my previously backed up high scores on ACNC? They all disappeared from the machine when I updated the code.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Hey all, does anyone know how I can restore my previously backed up high scores on ACNC? They all disappeared from the machine when I updated the code.

Unfortunately, you can't. You can back up your scores and configuration prior to updating. Then restore them after the update.

#785 4 years ago

Continuing to enjoy new code. I do miss the slow rise of Frankenstein monster. I never had a problem with balls not releasing. Wonder if could have a slow or fast option in next update. The fast rise seems choppy. Plus, you really don't get the full enjoyment of the toy. Just my two cents. Attract mode is much better and so far skill shot bugs (other than secret passage not lighting) are gone.

#786 4 years ago

Is the Extra Ball graphic (font) new? It looks cool!

#787 4 years ago

lucas or anybody at Spooky

Sorry to be a pill when there are update concerns to deal with, but I have other hardware based concerns.
My purchase is a financial hardship for me, so I need to make sure the machine will be reliable and durable.
I had a really bad experience with another boutique pinball machine purchase from another manufacturer, and need to choose wisely.

1. If burrs from 3D printing are a known issue for the guillotine operation / squeaking sounds, are you now doing due diligence and inspecting for these burrs, and removing them before assembly of the mechanism?

2. You mentioned the guillotine mechanism uses a servo motor. My friend has a Rob Zombie and had an Aliens. He had to disable the Robot on Rob Zombie as the servo motor would at times draw too much power and cause game crashes. He ended up buying "a bag of servos" for use with his Aliens as they constantly needed replacing. Will you be switching to a more reliable / less problematic motor for the guillotine (such as those that have traditionally been in pinball machines)?

If you have implemented a solution to such issues (so servos are no longer problematic) please explain what has been done, and how that solves the issues with them in pinball machines.

3. You mentioned lanes guides being "bent" by ball hits. I have owned many machines. I have occasionally had to adjust the position of one by loosening a screw, moving the guide a bit, and then tightening the screw...but I have never seen a guide "bend" (start to fold). Was your statement just an unprecise choice of a word, or do you really mean they become malformed?

My concern is that "bending" something metal (such as a lane guide) back into shape will eventually result in a lumpy, cracked, or broken lane guide.
Therefore, will future lane guides be sturdier (thicker gauge metal), or have some sort of bracing behind them or protectors to alleviate potential damage and metal fatigue?

Will we be supplied with extra lane guides incase of physical failure due to the design of the machine?

What will be the availability of replacment lane guides in the future?

Thanks!

BobC

#788 4 years ago

Yes, please make it a menu option or put Frankenstein back the way he was. There's little dramatic entrance anymore and the toys are the biggest reason I bought this game.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

1. If burrs from 3D printing are a known issue for the guillotine operation / squeaking sounds, are you now doing due diligence and inspecting for these burrs, and removing them before assembly of the mechanism?

2. You mentioned the guillotine mechanism uses a servo motor. My friend has a Rob Zombie and had an Aliens. He had to disable the Robot on Rob Zombie as the servo motor would at times draw too much power and cause game crashes. He ended up buying "a bag of servos" for use with his Aliens as they constantly needed replacing. Will you be switching to a more reliable / less problematic motor for the guillotine (such as those that have traditionally been in pinball machines)?

The 3D parts have a bit of a texture... that is what can cause the rare and random "squeak". Compared to say the noise made by the original MM castle gate, it's incredibly minor. Add a little Teflon lube gel, and it will be fine.

The motor driving code is GREATLY improved since the RZ days. It will actually shut down power to any motor pushing where it can't get to go. On the odd occasion that one does, they are super inexpensive ($8 from Spooky) to replace.

Quoted from BobC:

3. You mentioned lanes guides being "bent" by ball hits. I have owned many machines. I have occasionally had to adjust the position of one by loosening a screw, moving the guide a bit, and then tightening the screw...

He was basically saying exactly that. Give the ball guide a little move with your finger, tighten the screw if needed, and you'll be fine.

There are 200 of these games out there now, and they have been pretty darn dependable, and they will continue to get better.

As far as parts for any of our games, we still have 100% availability on AMH parts from 6 years ago, so we don't see that changing any time soon.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There are 200 of these games out there now, and they have been pretty darn dependable, and they will continue to get better.

#54 running with no issues from day one. Only nudged the right lane guide to direct ball to middle of flipper. No other maintenance required.

#791 4 years ago

#86 working fine, a few tweaks here and there to get her perfect but not any more then I have had to do with JJP or Stern. My Pirates shipped incomplete and it didn't even come with Coinbox, balls, or power cord. I pulled out my ACNC and it worked right out of the box no prob. Nice job Spooky!!

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Unfortunately, you can't. You can back up your scores and configuration prior to updating. Then restore them after the update.

Thanks for your reply Netman, but I'm confused...it it possible to restore my old high scores from a USB stick, after updating the code, what's the process?

#793 4 years ago

Yes, please make it a menu option or put Frankenstein back the way he was. There's little dramatic entrance anymore and the toys are the biggest reason I bought this game.

That will get some big improvements! Just need to re-tweak the timing in the light show / mech process.

The magnet save light show will be in the same boat back to awesome! Some other tweaks we're finding need to be made for ball visibility as well in the new and greatly improved light shows! It will all come around... lots of polish yet to come!

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

While it can be a slight bummer to lose old high scores, with new code that changes how scoring works, the old scores no longer have relevance, so it should be easy to justify starting from scratch rather than chase old scores that may have been acquired through different rules and possibly imbalances.

#795 4 years ago

Not sure if this is already in there somewhere, but was surprised when playing to see that the mode songs just restart after they're done? Is there any plan to make the modes time out at the end of the song? I feel like it'd be way more engaging

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not sure if this is already in there somewhere, but was surprised when playing to see that the mode songs just restart after they're done? Is there any plan to make the modes time out at the end of the song? I feel like it'd be way more engaging

It is my understanding that there is no way to time out modes and that is intended.

#797 4 years ago

I just installed the speaker lights. They look great, but I noticed that there is some slight strobing during attract mode. Fortunately, they do not appear to strobe during the game. Have others experienced this, and is it normal?

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just installed the speaker lights. They look great, but I noticed that there is some slight strobing during attract mode. Fortunately, they do not appear to strobe during the game. Have others experienced this, and is it normal?

Pretty sure that is intentional as I did not notice it until the most recent update. I like it. I would like to see the lights change color along with playfield attract, but that could be tough to choreograph.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

It is my understanding that there is no way to time out modes and that is intended.

I feel like timing out a 30 second mode in most games is very different from timing out a 4 minute song. It'd be like timing out crank it up.

#800 4 years ago

Im going with a little less Alice and a little more Nightmare Castle.

ACNC PST (resized).jpgACNC PST (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/16?hl=daveeb2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.