(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 160.
#702 4 years ago

Love this game!

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Love this game!

Same here. Would be awesome to have some new code to explore this weekend

#705 4 years ago

My flipper coils are now buzzing when holding them. The left one is louder and stronger sound than the right one. Could this be EOS gap?

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

My flipper coils are now buzzing when holding them. The left one is louder and stronger sound than the right one. Could this be EOS gap?

yeah, go adjust it and report back

#707 4 years ago

@SpookyCharlie, I'm sure that this has come up but I started a new game this morning and when I pressed start I got a 'ball missing, wait a moment' type message. Nothing would start. I checked the trough and it was in fact missing 1 ball. I shook the pin a bit and looked things over, still nothing...

Used the coil test in the menu and found that the ball was behind the 2nd drop target in the crypt lock. I must have shut the pin off previously mid-game. I did have guests over.

I recall this happening in game at some point as well but when starting a new game, it says balls missing but doesn't cycle any coils, targets etc...

Just an FYI at this point.

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

yeah, go adjust it and report back

No EOS

#709 4 years ago

This game is great... but I'm curious if everyone else's guillotine makes a squeaky sound when raising up and down? I've added a video link so you can hear the sound it is making.

#710 4 years ago

The base is so high it's rattling the machine. How do I turn the sub down?

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd like to add the speaker lights to my game. Where can I buy these? I don't see them anywhere on Spooky's site.

Just call your distro. That's what I did.

#712 4 years ago

I just happened to have a sound guy at my house for a release party and he fixed it with the turn of a few nobs on the amp.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I just happened to have a sound guy at my house for a release party and he fixed it with the turn of a few nobs on the amp.

Can you share a pic?

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share a pic?

I adjusted the sub volume knob down on mine ever so slightly and it was much better. Still great bass but no rattle.

IMG_20190415_212656 (resized).jpgIMG_20190415_212656 (resized).jpg
#717 4 years ago

Well so far I am getting pretty annoyed with the constant ball searches when I have two balls locked. It has a mind of its own its happened a good 4-5 times since I got it.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well so far I am getting pretty annoyed with the constant ball searches when I have two balls locked. It has a mind of its own its happened a good 4-5 times since I got it.

Sounds like your missing a ball. Where are your balks locked when it does it?

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Sounds like your missing a ball. Where are your balks locked when it does it?

Nope, I got all 4 in the game. One was in the crypt the other in frank. I have to shut the game off and start it up again to reset it.

#720 4 years ago

He said the deal is that the knob adjustments are in the millimeters.

20190609_150112 (resized).jpg20190609_150112 (resized).jpg
#721 4 years ago

When it speeds out of the left loop, which flipper is it supposed to feed to? It goes SDTM on me from there a lot, even from the ball launch.

#722 4 years ago

When it speeds out of the left loop, which flipper is it supposed to feed to? It goes SDTM on me from there a lot, even from the ball launch.

This is the main issue I'm having as well (was a common issue on TWD, and there was a "fix" of adding some adhesive felt to the guide behind the pops, but don't think that sort of thing will work as well with ACNC). Hopefully there's a simple way to remedy it without introducing a new issue. At speed, I noticed the ball leaves the right orbit some inches before the end of the metal guide (originally thought it may have been bouncing off the rubber at the end until I watched a bit closer).

As it stands, almost any solid hit to the left orbit or secret passage is a SDTM death on mine, which makes game progress a bit tricky.

Will likely attempt to adjust the guide the next time I have the glass off.

Quoted from CurtDR:

This game is great... but I'm curious if everyone else's guillotine makes a squeaky sound when raising up and down? I've added a video link so you can hear the sound it is making.

Mine does not make that sound.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is the main issue I'm having as well (was a common issue on TWD, and there was a "fix" of adding some adhesive felt to the guide behind the pops, but don't think that sort of thing will work as well with ACNC). Hopefully there's a simple way to remedy it without introducing a new issue. At speed, I noticed the ball leaves the right orbit some inches before the end of the metal guide (originally thought it may have been bouncing off the rubber at the end until I watched a bit closer).
As it stands, almost any solid hit to the left orbit or secret passage is a SDTM death on mine, which makes game progress a bit tricky.
Will likely attempt to adjust the guide the next time I have the glass off.

Mine does not make that sound.

Hey guys on that right orbit the ball guide can get bent in slowly through game play if it takes hard shots. If you just carefully straighten it back out a bit it will send a fast shot right to the center of the flipper! I can send some pictures or video also if you need help [email protected] always happy to help.

If its coming off the left orbit right down the middle than its almost certainly catching the edge of the left stand up target right in front of the guide.

The guillotine is just the 3D print material squeaking. Once in awhile the print has a small bur on the corner where it begins printing. A couple drops of super lube on each side of the slide will fix it right up! The lube will also ease the wear and tear on the servo motor over time!

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys on that right orbit the ball guide can get bent in slowly through game play if it takes hard shots.

I had to tweak both my metal guides when I first got the game to get balls reliably coming back to the correct flipper. Didn't take too much tweaking so don't go to hard on them, just minor adjustment and has been humming well ever since.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I had to tweak both my metal guides when I first got the game to get balls reliably coming back to the correct flipper. Didn't take too much tweaking so don't go to hard on them, just minor adjustment and has been humming well ever since.

Is the right side to the right flipper and the left one to the left?

#726 4 years ago

Whats the best pitch to get this game at, I am having a hard time with these shots and the ball bouncing on the flippers when trying to cradle. I have gone up and down and can't figure out where to dial this in.

#727 4 years ago

Earlier it was posted that the factory tested at 6.7

#728 4 years ago

Earlier it was posted that the factory tested at 6.7

I have it there now, none of my other games bounce the ball when I try to cradle it. Any other suggestions, all my other games are at 6.5 but when I set Alice to 6.5 it makes all the shots on the upper play field wonky.

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have it there now, none of my other games bounce the ball when I try to cradle it.

It could be that you are used to different flipper rubbers. Try Titan bands I think if you want more control. These rubbers are indeed a bit more bouncy.

#730 4 years ago

It could be that you are used to different flipper rubbers. Try Titan bands I think if you want more control. These rubbers are indeed a bit more bouncy.

I switched them out with the glow in the dark LockWhenLit rubbers..

#731 4 years ago

Is the right side to the right flipper and the left one to the left?

Yes that is correct

#732 4 years ago

Oh my word I am so giddy for this game. I am #200. Got my email to pick all the options. Expect to see it by August me thinks! Eieieieieieieiei

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh my word I am so giddy for this game. I am #200. Got my email to pick all the options. Expect to see it by August me thinks! Eieieieieieieiei

You are making me excited. I am not too far behind at 219...

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have it there now, none of my other games bounce the ball when I try to cradle it. Any other suggestions, all my other games are at 6.5 but when I set Alice to 6.5 it makes all the shots on the upper play field wonky.

I settled in at around 6.25 as I found that allowed for back handing the left ramp and gave me a bit more control in general, especially on the upper pf. I also juiced up the flipper power to my liking (in particular the upper pf flipper).

P.S. I toyed with a variety of angles from ~6.0 to ~7.5.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I settled in at around 6.25 as I found that allowed for back handing the left ramp and gave me a bit more control in general, especially on the upper pf. I also juiced up the flipper power to my liking (in particular the upper pf flipper).
P.S. I toyed with a variety of angles from ~6.0 to ~7.5.

What do you have the flipper power set to? I'll give the 6.25 a go later today and see how that works.

#736 4 years ago

I solved my auto plunge to STDM issue by lowering the plunge power I think. So far I haven't had it STDM from a loop shot alone anymore after pushing the guide bar also. It still rattles in the lane about 1/3 of the time and didn't go all the way around though.

#737 4 years ago

SPOOKY! What number are we on??

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

If it's any help to you, I received #106 regular cabinet last week.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Got the email this morning that 108 is ready for pick up. Hopefully they're available on Saturday! Can't wait to get it home!

#740 4 years ago

Spooky posted that Butters are on the line, so the numbers will be all over the place for the current run.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Spooky posted that Butters are on the line, so the numbers will be all over the place for the current run.

On that note, I just received a final-invoice email for my mid-300s Butter ACNC. I cannot wait to have this thing after playing it so many times at TPF.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys on that right orbit the ball guide can get bent in slowly through game play if it takes hard shots. If you just carefully straighten it back out a bit it will send a fast shot right to the center of the flipper! I can send some pictures or video also if you need help [email protected] always happy to help.
If its coming off the left orbit right down the middle than its almost certainly catching the edge of the left stand up target right in front of the guide.
The guillotine is just the 3D print material squeaking. Once in awhile the print has a small bur on the corner where it begins printing. A couple drops of super lube on each side of the slide will fix it right up! The lube will also ease the wear and tear on the servo motor over time!

Welcome to pinside Lucas .

#743 4 years ago

The numbers are all over the place as mentioned because of the direct printed cabinets! International shipping also plays a big part in which numbers go out the door when. We really are doing our best to get you your games in order but it isn't an exact science. We do 10 games a week at this point every single week without fail. Right now on the production floor we are up to game 204. Obviously there are 30 or so in the warehouse waiting to ship etc. Production will go up to 11 or 12 a week as the build goes on we get better and better. 27 weeks left in the year so game 500 will be done right around Christmas as predicted! WE WILL get them done we have never failed to get you guys your games before and we are doing better than ever here. Learning and getting better for you guys every day.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The numbers are all over the place as mentioned because of the direct printed cabinets! International shipping also plays a big part in which numbers go out the door when. We really are doing our best to get you your games in order but it isn't an exact science. We do 10 games a week at this point every single week without fail. Right now on the production floor we are up to game 204. Obviously there are 30 or so in the warehouse waiting to ship etc. Production will go up to 11 or 12 a week as the build goes on we get better and better. 27 weeks left in the year so game 500 will be done right around Christmas as predicted! WE WILL get them done we have never failed to get you guys your games before and we are doing better than ever here. Learning and getting better for you guys every day.

You guys are doing a kick-ass job!!! Thanks for the inside scoop!

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

On that note, I just received a final-invoice email for my mid-300s Butter ACNC. I cannot wait to have this thing after playing it so many times at TPF.

Same here #286....time to get pumped! Not only is the butter cab going to be beautiful, it moved us up in the line. Worth the extra money for me.

#746 4 years ago

While Fawzma is on a much needed family time break, we're going to just put this NEW CODE LINK ON PINSIDE!!!! There are some really cool features (like, CO-OP!) some blinky cool light shows that are a major upgrade, PLUS A TON MORE GOODNESS like this: Notice there are now 2 lights blinking on that upper playfield to make feeding your Frankenstein a little easier.

Fawzma will put the "what's new" up on our website (which is under new development right now) later today... but for now, grab some friends, and try to beat the monsters in that spooky castle together. Maybe you'll all end up as Billion Dollar Babies?!? Mmmmwwwwwahahahaaa!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jX87krdLAcV9Hd-A1tFDkKM0Zkni-Uzj

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

While Fawzma is on a much needed family time break, we're going to just put this NEW CODE LINK ON PINSIDE!!!! There are some really cool features (like, CO-OP!) some blinky cool light shows that are a major upgrade, PLUS A TON MORE GOODNESS like this: Notice there are now 2 lights blinking on that upper playfield to make feeding your Frankenstein a little easier.
Fawzma will put the "what's new" up on our website (which is under new development right now) later today... but for now, grab some friends, and try to beat the monsters in that spooky castle together. Maybe you'll all end up as Billion Dollar Babies?!? Mmmmwwwwwahahahaaa!!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jX87krdLAcV9Hd-A1tFDkKM0Zkni-Uzj

Hot damn where’s my thumb drive

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

While Fawzma is on a much needed family time break, we're going to just put this NEW CODE LINK ON PINSIDE!!!!

Installing now. Excited to discover the differences!

#749 4 years ago

Awesome. What are the install instructions? (first time on a Spooky game)

#750 4 years ago

Awesome. What are the install instructions? (first time on a Spooky game)

Click the link I attached, put it on a flash stick, put it in any one of the USB ports in the board on the top right in the backbox of your ACNC, turn the game on... wait for the prompt.

Turn game off, remove the stick, turn back on... ENJOY!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/15?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.