(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 161.
#7701 1 year ago

This was my 4th game. 1st was 104 mil then 2 throw aways.

20230114_191834 (resized).jpg20230114_191834 (resized).jpg
#7702 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This was my 4th game. 1st was 104 mil then 2 throw aways.
[quoted image]

Damn! I’ve still got a day

#7703 1 year ago

Hosted a league night and played like shit?? isn't it always the case!!!

#7704 1 year ago

Well got the highest s ire I could! Congrats!

#7705 1 year ago

Best I've done so far today, may try to get a few more in before bed. Couldn't compete with the two of you this time but it got me playing my Alice so I appreciate you offering up the idea!

PXL_20230115_235522795 (resized).jpgPXL_20230115_235522795 (resized).jpg
#7706 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been asked before. Any way to turn up the sound of the monster music ONLY
Thanks!

#7707 1 year ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Any way to turn up the sound of the monster music ONLY
Thanks!

Nope. Music offset setting does nothing, bug

#7708 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Nope. Music offset setting does nothing, bug

Bummer, man

#7709 1 year ago

I missed the tournament but today for the first time I started 5 monster modes in one three ball game! Still did not beat my high score but here it is...
20230115_125342 (resized).jpg20230115_125342 (resized).jpg

#7710 1 year ago

Would have loved to have joined in, but whilst I was waiting on replacement board, I've taken all the metal off to be powdercoated.
3 weeks now without Alice...missing it

#7711 1 year ago
Quoted from Crazysurfkid:

I've taken all the metal off to be powdercoated.
3 weeks now without Alice...missing it

Which color?

#7712 1 year ago

Not a great choice, so went for a darkish purple (similar to side art) with flex/glitter.
Will post a pick when done!

#7713 1 year ago

Not a great choice, so went for a darkish purple (similar to side art) with flex/glitter.
Will post a pick when done!

Definitely interested in seeing that when it's done.

#7714 1 year ago

Had metal work back. I for one, am pretty pleased with it

20230120_211547 (resized).jpg20230120_211547 (resized).jpg20230120_211608 (resized).jpg20230120_211608 (resized).jpg20230120_211634 (resized).jpg20230120_211634 (resized).jpg20230120_211700 (resized).jpg20230120_211700 (resized).jpg
#7715 1 year ago

I also added the lane protector from Pindefender (Pinhead Mods).(https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/2178-pinhead-mods)
Really easy to fit and looks and works beautifully

20230120_211756 (resized).jpg20230120_211756 (resized).jpg
#7716 1 year ago

Sorry if this has already been covered but I was unable to find anything on this thread. My Frankenstein will no longer come out of hiding. Lab lock one and two are registering, Frankenstein mode starts up, but Franky won’t come out to release the balls. I’ve lifted the playfield and all connections appear to be intact. I appreciate any input on this matter.

#7717 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Sorry if this has already been covered but I was unable to find anything on this thread. My Frankenstein will no longer come out of hiding. Lab lock one and two are registering, Frankenstein mode starts up, but Franky won’t come out to release the balls. I’ve lifted the playfield and all connections appear to be intact. I appreciate any input on this matter.

You can go into the service menu and test him. If he doesn't move inthe test menu, my guess is the servo motor is blown.

#7718 1 year ago

Hey ACNC fans. My post rubbers are all starting to shred (original rubbers). I am looking for your suggestions as to which kit or rubbers to replace them with for durability and good game play. All suggestions appreciated .
Thanks in advance.

#7719 1 year ago

J'ai eu du travail sur le métal. Pour une part, j'en suis assez satisfait[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super beau !!!

#7720 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Hey ACNC fans. My post rubbers are all starting to shred (original rubbers). I am looking for your suggestions as to which kit or rubbers to replace them with for durability and good game play. All suggestions appreciated .
Thanks in advance.

I find I am having the same thing happen with mine, probably cause its a hard game and those posts take a good amount of punishment. I am replacing them as needed with the Titan competition bands.

#7721 1 year ago

Had metal work back. I for one, am pretty pleased with it

SICK Buddy! I love it, matches the colors well and that sparkle! Do you have a full side cabinet pic you can share to see how the full trim looks with the artwork?

#7722 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

My Frankenstein will no longer come out of hiding.

Go into menu > utilities > servos and check he still moves up / down.

I am guessing the servo has failed. MG995 180 degree with the metal gear is the replacement I believe. Worth having some spare on hand as the diverter and the guillotine servos also fail. I have had to replace 2 out of 3 on mine so far.

Skippy2904

#7723 1 year ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

Go into menu > utilities > servos and check he still moves up / down.
I am guessing the servo has failed. MG995 180 degree with the metal gear is the replacement I believe. Worth having some spare on hand as the diverter and the guillotine servos also fail. I have had to replace 2 out of 3 on mine so far.
Skippy2904

I also had to replace two of my servo motors, and keep a few spares on hand. Good news is my replacements are still working fine! It's also worth checking the fuses for the servos, as they will likely blow if the motors crap out.

#7724 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

SICK Buddy! I love it, matches the colors well and that sparkle! Do you have a full side cabinet pic you can share to see how the full trim looks with the artwork?

As requested

20230122_171957 (resized).jpg20230122_171957 (resized).jpg
#7725 1 year ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the ball getting stuck at the top of the right ramp? If I hit a clean shot up the right ramp it will sometimes push back through the top gate and sit next to it requiring me to remove the glass to get it. Game is level and at 6.8 degrees of slope.

#7726 1 year ago

Are the guillotine and Frank servos the same?
Where is everyone sourcing these?
My guillotine just crapped out.

#7727 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Has anyone else had an issue with the ball getting stuck at the top of the right ramp? If I hit a clean shot up the right ramp it will sometimes push back through the top gate and sit next to it requiring me to remove the glass to get it. Game is level and at 6.8 degrees of slope.

It sometimes happens on my game. I haven’t found a solution for it. I think it just comes with the design of that ramp. I bent my gate down as far as it could go to minimize the possibility of a ball rolling back through it. It helped but didn’t completely stop it from happening.

#7728 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I added some deadening foam around that area but it's still not 100%

#7729 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I did have this problem and I remember others having it as well. I think one of the solutions was to change the rubber the ball hits when it comes out of the ramp gate to a less bouncy regular black rubber ring (replacing the silicone one).
also check the wood screws at top of ramp make sure they are flush and the ramp is nice and flush with the upper playfield.
The ball goes up so fast that the gate does not have a chance to close and it bounces back to a level dead spot at top of ramp.
Hope this helps, good luck

#7730 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I think one of the solutions was to change the rubber the ball hits when it comes out of the ramp gate to a less bouncy regular black rubber ring (replacing the silicone one).

The ball goes up so fast that the gate does not have a chance to close and it bounces back to a level dead spot at top of ramp.
Hope this helps, good luck

Agreed. Before changing out the silicone ring, try pulling the existing ring so the facing side is more slack. I found it improved but didn't eliminate the occurrence.

#7731 1 year ago

I put a piece of lead on the flap I use for balancing Rc air planes,it makes the flap close faster,I put it on the side the ball hit first.just another idea.

36902728-FDCD-4428-96A2-EDFB83EC07E2 (resized).png36902728-FDCD-4428-96A2-EDFB83EC07E2 (resized).png
#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Has anyone else had an issue with the ball getting stuck at the top of the right ramp?

I have had this on mine too. Even had a slow ball up the ramp not go through the flap. I found that the right ramp was not located correctly in the moulding on the rhs of the cabinet. Make sure it is as high as it can be so the ball can roll off the ramp.

I think this is a slight design fault as the tongue riveted to the top end of the ramp can be sloping the wrong way.

Skippy2904

#7733 1 year ago
Quoted from mezzblue:

Are the guillotine and Frank servos the same?
Where is everyone sourcing these?
My guillotine just crapped out.

Yes they are. Spooky now recommend MG995 180 degree type servo with metal gear. I see there are plenty on Amazon at reasonable prices. I would pick up a 4 pack!

Not so easy to get cheaply here in NZ

Skippy2904

#7734 1 year ago

Does anyone have the run-through on how to adjust Frankie switches and the diverter?

TIA!

#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Thanks in advance.

I put titan glows on my Alice, and they look great. The only problem is that silicone post rubbers can break down a little more quickly on ACNC.

#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Does anyone have the run-through on how to adjust Frankie switches and the diverter?
TIA!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/79#post-5468641

I think it is book marked on the front page.

Skippy2904

#7737 1 year ago
Quoted from surfinvet:

Added a mod that I haven’t seen for Alice Cooper. Always thought it needed a Tesla Coil and found the Mezel Mods Tesla Coil for Monster bash can easily be configured to work in the game. Easy install, just required modifying the 12V connector under the upper playfield. I’m sure there are many ways to mod it, pictures are listed with how the mod looks in the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like what you've done with the tesla coil, good idea. How did you attach coil physically to game, and how did you attach to wiring, couldn't make out on pics. - Connected the flashers or FRANKENSTEIN coil etc?

#7738 1 year ago

I also added the lane protector from Pindefender (Pinhead Mods).(https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/2178-pinhead-mods)
Really easy to fit and looks and works beautifully

20230124_214942 (resized).jpg20230124_214942 (resized).jpg
#7739 1 year ago

Crazysurfkid and I have been chatting about pinstadiums. Here's a video of cycling through the colors:

I tried turning them off every every color change so you can get an idea for what they add to the game. I'm a big fan of these! Light blue is my fav.

If you like the flipper bats they are up on the marketplace too.

#7740 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Crazysurfkid et moi avons discuté des pinstadiums. Voici une vidéo du cyclisme à travers les couleurs :J'ai essayé de les éteindre à chaque changement de couleur afin que vous puissiez vous faire une idée de ce qu'ils ajoutent au jeu. Je suis un grand fan de ceux-ci ! Le bleu clair est mon préféré. Si vous aimez les chauves-souris à nageoires, elles sont également sur le marché.

Merci

#7741 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Crazysurfkid and I have been chatting about pinstadiums. Here's a video of cycling through the colors:
I tried turning them off every every color change so you can get an idea for what they add to the game. I'm a big fan of these! Light blue is my fav.
If you like the flipper bats they are up on the marketplace too.

Flipper bats AND lane protectors! (easy fit, took minutes. Protects the game and looks good)

#7742 1 year ago

So I've been on holiday for a month - came back absolutely desperate to play my pins (and I really mean desperate, I might have to see someone about that LOL) - and what do you think I fired up first? Yep ACNC!

Such a great game.

#7743 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

So I've been on holiday for a month - came back absolutely desperate to play my pins (and I really mean desperate, I might have to see someone about that LOL) - and what do you think I fired up first? Yep ACNC!
Such a great game.

Totally agree. It's when you wake up and you've got the the music in my head that it starts to get annoying

#7744 1 year ago

I was playing Alice and noticed that after you beat the vampire and the bonus shot countdown starts, you hit the right ramp, the vampire wakes up again. Is this a code bug or is there more to the fight I don't know about?

#7745 1 year ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I was playing Alice and noticed that after you beat the vampire and the bonus shot countdown starts, you hit the right ramp, the vampire wakes up again. Is this a code bug or is there more to the fight I don't know about?

Bug.

#7746 1 year ago

Totally agree. It's when you wake up and you've got the the music in my head that it starts to get annoying

Sure is a great game. Makes you a better player too!

#7747 1 year ago

For those of you that may be interested.
Here's a Great mod that doesn't cost you! Your display will look perfect instead of washed out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5385897

#7748 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

For those of you that may be interested.
Here's a Great mod that doesn't cost you! Your display will look perfect instead of washed out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5385897

Thanks for this, and 10/10 for documenting it so well.

#7749 1 year ago

What about positioning of the diverter? When changing to "left" or "center" or "right" - what I'm thinking is perhaps not correct.

Anyone have info to share? Thanks!

#7750 1 year ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/155?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.