(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 160.
#7451 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Could you post a pic of where you put the rubber when you get a chance? Is it around the diverter? At first I was thinking it was the little black hump behind Frank but doesn't seem like he would have clearance to raise and lower if I put a rubber there

Give me a couple of days

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This. The guide sometimes was allowing the orbit to be too wide and the ball would miss the switch.

To get a path step, the ball needs to hit 2 switch in a row along the orbit.

When the ball is rolling fast it doesn’t work most of times - I did slow mo video records and the ball hits both switches well… even in test mod all switches are working fine.

It’s really weird… I have tried tones of settings.

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

To get a path step, the ball needs to hit 2 switch in a row along the orbit.
When the ball is rolling fast it doesn’t work most of times - I did slow mo video records and the ball hits both switches well… even in test mod all switches are working fine.
It’s really weird… I have tried tones of settings.

Are the switches sensitive enough? Maybe with the fast ball roll the switch isn’t triggering and just needs to be adjusted to be more sensitive.

#7454 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

even in test mod all switches are working fine.

Have you rolled the ball around the orbit in test mode?

You should get 2 beeps as the ball (not a finger or tool) rolls around the orbit and over the 2 switches.

Switches can be a pain to get right - but some bending of the actuator will hopefully get you sorted.

rd

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you rolled the ball around the orbit in test mode?
You should get 2 beeps as the ball (not a finger or tool) rolls around the orbit and over the 2 switches.
Switches can be a pain to get right - but some bending of the actuator will hopefully get you sorted.
rd

Yep I did all test ways. In test mode you have to beep for each switches that means 4 contacts to record a path.

When the ball is full speed I made sure it rolls over the both switches adjusting the guide and watching a slow motion video record.

Then I bended and twisted switches to make sure the will activate properly without disrupting the ball direction… it works manually when the ball is slow but hardly with shot from a flipper… a real Nightmare

#7456 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

Yep I did all test ways. In test mode you have to beep for each switches that means 4 contacts to record a path.
When the ball is full speed I made sure it rolls over the both switches adjusting the guide and watching a slow motion video record.
Then I bended and twisted switches to make sure the will activate properly without disrupting the ball direction… it works manually when the ball is slow but hardly with shot from a flipper… a real Nightmare

Ball might be getting airborne and jumping a switch. It happens!

Spinners registering ok?

rd

#7457 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

… a real Nightmare

I see what you did there

Do you have an extra switch or two on the side that you can swap and see if that makes the difference?

#7458 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ball might be getting airborne and jumping a switch. It happens!
Spinners registering ok?
rd

spinner is OK - Combo are triggerred or regsitered with orit shot - just that path on the map isn't working well.

#7459 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

I see what you did there
Do you have an extra switch or two on the side that you can swap and see if that makes the difference?

Changing switches is the only solution I have left. But I don't have any - shall I purchase one from Spooky? or other brand ?
Thanks

#7460 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

spinner is OK - Combo are triggerred or regsitered with orit shot - just that path on the map isn't working well.

So, the switches register with some shots?

#7461 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, the switches register with some shots?

Yes but watch out there are two switches by side of the orbits. You need to activate two switches in a row to register the path.

#7462 1 year ago

Hey all, have an opportunity to trade my dialed in se for a ACNC. Haven’t played it before but I am gonna go check it out this weekend. Just wondering what owners and people who have put some decent time into this game think about it. What are things you love about this game? Any things that are concerns? I tend to cycle my game pretty quickly.

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hey all, have an opportunity to trade my dialed in se for a ACNC. Haven’t played it before but I am gonna go check it out this weekend. Just wondering what owners and people who have put some decent time into this game think about it. What are things you love about this game? Any things that are concerns? I tend to cycle my game pretty quickly.

Theme, artwork, rules, light show…all great! Sounds, well, it’s Alice Cooper…so rocking! It’s a tight shooter…can really kick your a$$…especially if you only play it occasionally. Great toys, and a ton of fun to play. Build quality of cab and playfield are awesome. The mechs (Guillotine, Frank, diverter) can be a little bit of a pain if you need to replace the servos, but with the videos I can send you, it’s not bad.

#7464 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

This game captures that "world under glass" feeling. It's tough and you will have brick shots but you leave with that "one more game" feeling. We are addicted to ours, I don't see it leaving my collection.

#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

I was thinking last night - Have you watched any gameplay videos?

Not every shot moves around the map .. and the modes take multiple orbits to start.

From memory - I’m not near my machine - first mode start is one left orbit, one right orbit.

Next one is 3 orbits. Etc etc.

It *may* be that it is working ok … if it is registering the other shots then maybe that’s it?

See if your game works the same as this one.

rd

#7466 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was thinking last night - Have you watched any gameplay videos?
Not every shot moves around the map .. and the modes take multiple orbits to start.
From memory - I’m not near my machine - first mode start is one left orbit, one right orbit.
Next one is 3 orbits. Etc etc.
It *may* be that it is working ok … if it is registering the other shots then maybe that’s it?
See if your game works the same as this one.
rd

Yeap but most of time I do 3 orbit left + 3 orbit right just to start the first mode… you can image how hard it could be to reach the 3rd monsters knowing the path step is getting longer and longer.

So frustrating!

#7467 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipado:

Yeap but most of time I do 3 orbit left + 3 orbit right just to start the first mode… you can image how hard it could be to reach the 3rd monsters knowing the path step is getting longer and longer.
So frustrating!

Three words - SUPER SKILL SHOT!

Shoot either ramp or crypt to light the secret passage for 1 shot mode start!

Also: nobody has messed with your settings? Maybe do a reset just in case.

rd

#7468 1 year ago

I just joined the club today. What a fantastic pin. Now to dive into the rules and figure this amazing pin out. Anything cool mod wise for this game and do you guys just leave the lights the way they are or do you add anything to brighten up the pin? Obviously the dark horror theme goes well with the lighting so I was just curious.

#7469 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I just joined the club today. What a fantastic pin. Now to dive into the rules and figure this amazing pin out. Anything cool mod wise for this game and do you guys just leave the lights the way they are or do you add anything to brighten up the pin? Obviously the dark horror theme goes well with the lighting so I was just curious.

I have the volcano mod on the left ramp and several other mods. I really like the real knocker for extra ball on this game.

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I have the volcano mod on the left ramp and several other mods. I really like the real knocker for extra ball on this game.

I think this one might have the volcano mod now that you mentioned that. Also it’s the silver edition version so it has the knocker on it and I really do like that when you get the extra ball. I’m sure my wife will hate it though. Lol.

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I think this one might have the volcano mod now that you mentioned that. Also it’s the silver edition version so it has the knocker on it and I really do like that when you get the extra ball. I’m sure my wife will hate it though. Lol.

My wife absolutely hates loud knockers! She jumps every time...even if I warn her about it.

#7472 1 year ago

So how many different versions of AC. I have the silver powder coat with knocker. I didn’t realise some didn’t come with the knocker. Was the silver powder coat extra over the blue

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

So how many different versions of AC. I have the silver powder coat with knocker. I didn’t realise some didn’t come with the knocker. Was the silver powder coat extra over the blue

You have the standard powder coat. Blue was an optional upgrade. Knockers we’re also an optional upgrade.

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

They didn't have models, people could just add what they wanted

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They didn't have models, people could just add what they wanted

Yeah here’s some more info for those that asked:

https://alicecooperpinball.com/

4B7D301A-3E07-4209-A4DA-EE467A1942B1 (resized).png4B7D301A-3E07-4209-A4DA-EE467A1942B1 (resized).png4D4AAF15-77F0-4E52-B087-6DE6C0250593 (resized).png4D4AAF15-77F0-4E52-B087-6DE6C0250593 (resized).png5D3036CD-C779-45A6-9213-E32A006774CF (resized).png5D3036CD-C779-45A6-9213-E32A006774CF (resized).png
#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Yeah here’s some more info for those that asked:
https://alicecooperpinball.com/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that’s the Alice Cooper Fanclub offerings.

Direct from Spooky it was:

Base model: $6450

Then everything else was an optional extra.

Purple trim
Knocker
Shaker
Butter cab +$1000
Plastic protectors
Inner art blades

rd

#7477 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, that’s the Alice Cooper Fanclub offerings.
Direct from Spooky it was:
Base model: $6450
Then everything else was an optional extra.
Purple trim
Knocker
Shaker
Butter cab +$1000
Plastic protectors
Inner art blades
rd

Is there any place to get the art blades at or the backbox decal around the speakers?

#7478 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Is there any place to get the art blades at or the backbox decal around the speakers?

The art for te backbox speakers is a mod - someone here made them up.
The side art blades, contact Spooky. That's "factory" from them. They'd the the ones to sell you a set.

#7479 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The art for te backbox speakers is a mod - someone here made them up.
The side art blades, contact Spooky. That's "factory" from them. They'd the the ones to sell you a set.

Thanks I emailed the company about the backbox speaker mod and a gentleman from this group had a set of art blades he just sold me. Glad I asked as that really helped me out. Definitely like the way they look.

#7480 1 year ago

So my guillotine stopped working again but it has not blown the fuse. I had taken it apart and had it working again. I am starting to think its a bad servo but it does move freely. What is the name of that servo in utilities mode? Its confusing that it not just called the guillotine.

#7481 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

So my guillotine stopped working again but it has not blown the fuse. I had taken it apart and had it working again. I am starting to think its a bad servo but it does move freely. What is the name of that servo in utilities mode? Its confusing that it not just called the guillotine.

Service menu - utilities- servos - chop (top, lock position, and chop release)

There are the ones I’ve used to replace my ACNC servos.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07RFRLRV8

#7482 1 year ago

OK thanks, is this just as good as the original part. I could not seem to find the spooky replacement part anywhere online

#7483 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

OK thanks, is this just as good as the original part. I could not seem to find the spooky replacement part anywhere online

It uses metal gears…so as good or better.

#7484 1 year ago

Looking for the following mods:

Secret Passage Sign
Volcano
Castle Wall Clip
Any 3-D printed castle add-on mods (tower, tunnel, etc. but not the ramp clip)

PM me if you're willing to sell

#7485 1 year ago

I put the new servo in and after making adjustments for hours to get it in the right position it works great now. My only problem is I can’t get the ball to stay on that ramp when I hit it with the upper flipper.? I’ve been making adjustments and nothing seems to be consistent. That skinny little ramp is definitely a bad design, as isbthe guillotine. Any advice on keeping the ball on that ramp?

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I put the new servo in and after making adjustments for hours to get it in the right position it works great now. My only problem is I can’t get the ball to stay on that ramp when I hit it with the upper flipper.? I’ve been making adjustments and nothing seems to be consistent. That skinny little ramp is definitely a bad design, as isbthe guillotine. Any advice on keeping the ball on that ramp?

Damn…I have the videos for those adjustments for the servos…I can email the links if you pm me. I’m confused…is the ball falling off the ramp or coming back down to the flipper…you’re talking the guillotine ramp, correct.

#7487 1 year ago

I did use the video, but I think I had to take that gear off about six times to get it just right. After I hit the backhand shot with the upper flipper onto that ramp it falls when it goes on the wire form about 30% of the time and goes behind the drop target through that hole

#7488 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I did use the video, but I think I had to take that gear off about six times to get it just right. After I hit the backhand shot with the upper flipper onto that ramp it falls when it goes on the wire form about 30% of the time and goes behind the drop target through that hole

Weird. Take a pic where the black ramp meets the wire form. This is how mine looks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7489 1 year ago

Oh wait…you mean the actual guillotine. Make sure you have this clear plastic deflector in place.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7490 1 year ago

It falls off as soon as it goes on the wire form

F3C4209D-FCB3-4C67-BBAB-1B8D0266709E (resized).jpegF3C4209D-FCB3-4C67-BBAB-1B8D0266709E (resized).jpeg
#7491 1 year ago

Fall to cab side or towards the middle? Can you loosen the nuts holding the wire form and tilt the wire form slightly…re-align?

#7492 1 year ago

I have tried adjusting everything and bending the ramp a little I guess I’ll just have to tinker with it a little more

#7493 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I have tried adjusting everything and bending the ramp a little I guess I’ll just have to tinker with it a little more

Maybe decrease the flipper power, or put a small piece of high density foam (self stick) near the curve of the black ramp…maybe the ball is shooting through too fast and just needs to be slowed a little…just a thought.

#7494 1 year ago

…I had the same problem. Approx. 30% of the balls fell off the wire ramp. A little black felt on the walls of the black metal ramp to slow down the ball and guide it onto the wireform ramp did the trick.

#7495 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm working right now but going to take a look later

#7496 1 year ago

Is this a WPC Cabinet and Backbox? I’ve never seen one in the wild.

#7497 1 year ago

I am pretty sure I have everything working properly with the guillotine and the servo. Good suggestion on those servos from Amazon. One last problem I have, occasionally when I am playing a game the sound and video will cut out for about a second and then come back on. I can go several games without this happening or it can happen a few times in one game.

#7498 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I am pretty sure I have everything working properly with the guillotine and the servo. Good suggestion on those servos from Amazon. One last problem I have, occasionally when I am playing a game the sound and video will cut out for about a second and then come back on. I can go several games without this happening or it can happen a few times in one game.

Make sure the connections are tight in the back of the speaker panel…with the display and the speakers.

2 weeks later
#7499 1 year ago

I wanted to know if it was normal to have from the speaker panel RGB lighting , a slight loss of continuous brightness.like a crackling light. It is barely noticeable but I do not encounter this on my other spooky pinballs

#7500 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I wanted to know if it was normal to have from the speaker panel RGB lighting , a slight loss of continuous brightness.like a crackling light. It is barely noticeable but I do not encounter this on my other spooky pinballs

There's a slight flicker on mine, and I've heard of it from others (flickers in attract, and when things are happening in the game, but with the ball sitting in the shooter lane or cradled, it's solid).

Not sure if it's present on all games, though I presumed it was intentional (if we're referring to the same effect).

If it makes any difference, mine is an early run game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.