(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 161.
#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

On Butter cabinets is it more resistant than decals ? i think yes but not sure

Butter should not have any issues. I have seen worn decals on machines at the flipper buttons on regular versions.

Mine came with the standard armor, I wanted powder coating with pop so I got the upgraded armor.The black widow speaker and armor accents were just a bonus to be.

#7152 1 year ago

ATTENTION

Alice Cooper Topper Fans

I am offering free U.S. Shipping on my Topper this week thru EBAY only!

I'm down to the last of them. So if you wanted one, don't miss this opportunity. I want to be done and get them shipped out.

Taking up space in my garage, on my pool table.

Just go to Ebay and place offer of $1500 and free shipping. Save $300 right now!

Here is the link:

ebay.com link: itm

Offer ends May 23rd 2022!

Magicchiz (John)

#7153 1 year ago

Hey international Alice Cooper owners.

Ebay domestic shipping was about half of what Fedex had been charging me. Ebay shipping is still Fedex. But they must get a better rate.

I have the toppers set for international shipping. Looks like I just sent to eBay's location and they send it out international. Not sure if it would be way cheaper then what Fedex quoted me. But you might check with ebay.

See the add link in my last post. Sorry no free international shipping. But it may be cheaper thru Ebay.
Magicchiz

#7154 1 year ago

Last day for free shipping on ebay for the Alice cooper topper.

Save $300, go to eBay and make offer of $1500 and free shipping. It will be accepted until 10pm central time today!

ebay.com link: itm

#7155 1 year ago

Well my ACNC has been degrading over time. Weird stuff. Fighting the werewolf I already cleared the left orbit so it was red and I hit the shot again and it damaged me, as it should, and I went and hit it again for a combo and instead of damaging me again it loaded the shotgun.

If I do a combo into the secret passage (2 shots in a row) it advances me through the castle like I hit an orbit shot.

A few other weird items like that where it seems to be programing errors, not physical.

And while I am here I'd like to say *every* orbit shot that is valid according to the map should count. Right now skill shots don't and combos don't as far as I can tell.

Are we giving up on any more updates at this point? Probably I'm guessing.

We need to crowd-fund a total reprogramming of this machine IMO. I got 1000 bucks to add to a pool where we can get the programming totally rewritten from scratch, in whatever language is best and most stable. We could decide what tweaks to add to.

Sigh.

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Well my ACNC has been degrading over time. Weird stuff. Fighting the werewolf I already cleared the left orbit so it was red and I hit the shot again and it damaged me, as it should, and I went and hit it again for a combo and instead of damaging me again it loaded the shotgun.
If I do a combo into the secret passage (2 shots in a row) it advances me through the castle like I hit an orbit shot.
A few other weird items like that where it seems to be programing errors, not physical.
And while I am here I'd like to say *every* orbit shot that is valid according to the map should count. Right now skill shots don't and combos don't as far as I can tell.
We need to crowd-fund a total reprogramming of this machine IMO. I got 1000 bucks to add to a pool where we can get the programming totally rewritten from scratch, in whatever language is best and most stable. We could decide what tweaks to add to.
Sigh.

Sounds like your right orbit switch may be sticking/stuck? Have you gone into switch test and verified everything's operating normally?

#7157 1 year ago

Eh bien, mon ACNC s'est dégradé au fil du temps. Des trucs bizarres. En combattant le loup-garou, j'ai déjà dégagé l'orbite gauche, donc elle était rouge et j'ai frappé à nouveau le tir et il m'a endommagé, comme il se doit, et je suis allé le frapper à nouveau pour un combo et au lieu de m'endommager à nouveau, il a chargé le fusil de chasse. Si je fais un combo dans le passage secret (2 plans d'affilée), cela m'avance à travers le château comme si j'avais frappé un tir en orbite. Quelques autres éléments bizarres comme ça où il semble y avoir des erreurs de programmation, pas physiques. Et pendant que je suis ici, je voudrais dire *chaque* prise de vue orbitale valide selon la carte devrait compter. En ce moment, les tirs d'habileté ne le font pas et les combos ne le sont pas aussi loin que je puisse le dire. Renonçons-nous à d'autres mises à jour à ce stade ? Probablement je suppose. Nous devons financer une reprogrammation totale de cette machine IMO. J'ai 1000 dollars à ajouter à un pool où nous pouvons obtenir la programmation totalement réécrite à partir de zéro, dans la langue la meilleure et la plus stable. Nous pourrions décider des ajustements à ajouter. Soupir.

Réinstaller le programme (full installation)

#7158 1 year ago

Sigh.

Wow! A truly nuclear option…and really impossible. Not sure how licensing would work for one.

Check switches. Reinstall code (modern pins are computers and sometimes they get corrupted and need a fresh start). Contact Spooky…they have an incredible customer service.

#7159 1 year ago

We need to crowd-fund a total reprogramming of this machine IMO. I got 1000 bucks to add to a pool where we can get the programming totally rewritten from scratch,

Lol. I was just playing ACNC the other night and commented how cool the rules/programming is.

Take the time to learn how to diagnose switch errors etc etc. Likely 10 minutes of tweaks will sort out your “deteriorating game”.

rd

#7160 1 year ago

Joined the club last night! This game is awesome!!
Game is in great shape and seems to be working fine.
Any must have mods or preventative fixes?
Thinking of porting the cabinet to prevent glass rattle - unless there is a better fix?

20220601_195612 (resized).jpg20220601_195612 (resized).jpg
#7161 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Thinking of porting the cabinet to prevent glass rattle - unless there is a better fix?
[quoted image]

I like to mod all my Spooky games with undercab lights that change colors with the the speaker lights. Here's my writeup on how to do that:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/228#post-6165855

As far as preventative mods, all I've done is add the ball trap fixes and quiet fan mod from PinballLife.

https://www.pinballlife.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle.html

It's a fantastic game. Enjoy it!

#7162 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

[quoted image]

I never liked the blank speaker panel, so I made a decal to emulate the cabinet art. I have a few left, if you want one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1266-pinball-nerd-decals-/03952-in-stock-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-decals

I also put some 1/2" plastic spacers on the screws holding down the subwoofer, to lift it up from the cabinet. It was easier than porting the cabinet, and the extra space definitely lessened the bass rattle.

#7163 1 year ago

Thank you Jakers amd ArcadeVideo good stuff to know! Im gonna try spacing out the subwoofer before I drill - great idea!

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Thank you Jakers amd ArcadeVideo good stuff to know! Im gonna try spacing out the subwoofer before I drill - great idea!

Do one or the other … putting spacers under the speaker is sort of a form of porting - the gap under the speaker would allow some sound pressure to escape from the cabinet. However you’re not talking a big gap, so don’t know how effective it would be at volume/high bass.

Porting the cabinet is an easy and permanent solution.

rd

1 week later
#7165 1 year ago

Hey all! Just picked up an ACNC and put it at my location. Anyone have any advice for sound leveling? I’ve played around with the power amp and I’ve got the vol level on one but there are a few mode LW that are just astronomically loud (mostly Insects, Dracula and the pre mode sound soundtrack which just seems to swell and get louder the longer you play). The music and SFX seem to get way louder in modes so I’m having difficulty dialing it in so that staff doesn’t kill me. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Oh also, my magnet save is catching the ball and just dropping it straight down instead of shooting up. Is there a quick fix for that?

#7166 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey all! Just picked up an ACNC and put it at my location. Anyone have any advice for sound leveling? I’ve played around with the power amp and I’ve got the vol level on one but there are a few mode LW that are just astronomically loud (mostly Insects, Dracula and the pre mode sound soundtrack which just seems to swell and get louder the longer you play). The music and SFX seem to get way louder in modes so I’m having difficulty dialing it in so that staff doesn’t kill me. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Oh also, my magnet save is catching the ball and just dropping it straight down instead of shooting up. Is there a quick fix for that?

Try changing the magnet pattern in the settings...

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Get this spacer kit and you can crank your amp settings a lot more;
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle/products/spooky-speaker-spacer-kit

#7168 1 year ago

Tried both patterns and does the same thing. I will add, the previous owner put a sticker over the magnet. What does ‘magnet resistor on/off’ do?

Quoted from kciaccio:

Try changing the magnet pattern in the settings...

Will that help me reign it in? I’m trying to keep the game from blasting through the ceiling haha. I suppose the spacer is meant to give the bass room to escape? As it is now I have the bass turned nearly all the way down and it is still very pretty muddy.

#7169 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Tried both patterns and does the same thing. I will add, the previous owner put a sticker over the magnet. What does ‘magnet resistor on/off’ do?

Both? Isn’t there 4 patterns?

Games were originally produced with a resistor in line with each magnet. Later games they omitted them. You can bypass it (cut it out and resolder wires). I think that setting is telling the game if its in or not. Setting to “no” will not disable it. You physically have to remove it. There is a YouTube video by Spooky on this.

#7170 1 year ago

I only saw three patterns and mine was set to one so I tried the other two. You think the sticker would interfere?

Quoted from Completist:

Both? Isn’t there 4 patterns?
Games were originally produced with a resistor in line with each magnet. Later games they omitted them. You can bypass it (cut it out and resolder wires). I think that setting is telling the game if its in or not. Setting to “no” will not disable it. You physically have to remove it. There is a YouTube video by Spooky on this.

#7171 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I only saw three patterns and mine was set to one so I tried the other two. You think the sticker would interfere?

I wouldn't think so, I used the little plastic disc over the magnets and bypassed the resistor and have not had an issue for over a year now.

#7172 1 year ago

Right on, so basically I should look to see if there is a resistor and if there is I should clip it solder the wires direct?

Quoted from finnflash:

I wouldn't think so, I used the little plastic disc over the magnets and bypassed the resistor and have not had an issue for over a year now.

#7173 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right on, so basically I should look to see if there is a resistor and if there is I should clip it solder the wires direct?

Yes, there should be a video on here from Spooky on how to do it.

Edit- the video is on post #4465

#7174 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Will that help me reign it in? I’m trying to keep the game from blasting through the ceiling haha. I suppose the spacer is meant to give the bass room to escape? As it is now I have the bass turned nearly all the way down and it is still very pretty muddy.

I need to go look at mine, but isn’t there levels in the menu for the FX and music?
The spacer helps with cabinet rattle and improved bass sound. I found Pinnovator’s recommended amp setting helpful.

#7175 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There are 4 magnet settings: Original and patterns 1,2 & 3. I installed the thin plastic adhesive discs on both magnets to reduce tendency for magnetizing the balls.

#7176 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sticker wont interfere with magnet performance. I have the sticker and set mine to original pattern and it throws the ball all the way up the playfield 95% of the time. I bought the plastic disc as well but didnt install as it was working well. Just experiment; its a lot of trial and error.

#7177 1 year ago

Thanks for all the magnet suggestions everyone! I’ll get back to adjusting this on Monday. I’m starting to suspect it may have something to do with the game being pitched to steep as well as my Frankenstein ramp and L ramp are getting lots of rejects. Has anyone installed the flipper bushings? Think they help a lot? And if anyone has a link for the exact part that would be a great help. Thanks!

#7178 1 year ago

Post #6621 in this thread has the flipper bushing info. I only changed the bushings on the main playfield, not the upper playfield. My pitch is 6.5 and have no trouble with either ramp, or the upper flipper hitting the second Frank lock.

#7179 1 year ago

Anyone install Matrix Spotlights in their game? I’m thinking one on each side faced towards the castle and skull mountain. Warm white frosted bulbs. Would love to see pics of any added lighting if anyone has some. I’m not really a fan of pinstadium would rather do a few well placed spotlights.

#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone install Matrix Spotlights in their game? I’m thinking one on each side faced towards the castle and skull mountain. Warm white frosted bulbs. Would love to see pics of any added lighting if anyone has some. I’m not really a fan of pinstadium would rather do a few well placed spotlights.

I have neo fusions on mine and could not imagine ACNC without it any more. The uv flash adds so much to the action of the game and the gi lighting part lights up that beautiful playfield perfectly.

#7181 1 year ago

Anyone have both acnc and ehoh? Having a hard time deciding which game to go for.

#7182 1 year ago

I’ve owned both. Buy both. EHOH is an easy shooter but a deep game. ACNC is tough shooter and extremely rewarding. If you can only buy one I’d go for ACNC but only if you LOVE a challenge

Quoted from gorgar007:

Anyone have both acnc and ehoh? Having a hard time deciding which game to go for.

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:Anyone have both acnc and ehoh? Having a hard time deciding which game to go for.

I love my ACNC and I’ve got an EHOH on order. Hopefully I’ll have both. Both are amazing.

#7184 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve owned both. Buy both. EHOH is an easy shooter but a deep game. ACNC is tough shooter and extremely rewarding. If you can only buy one I’d go for ACNC but only if you LOVE a challenge

I own both. Ehoh is the better game. acnc is really special too, and harder to come by. Would probably buy acnc first.

#7185 1 year ago

Owned both hoh is long gone and at the price of a hoh acnc is a steal!

#7186 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I’ve owned both since new and they are still in the lineup. I don’t see me getting rid of either tbh.

EHOH: fan layout, shots are straight forward and nothing difficult to hit. Which is ok, it allows you to advance through the game deeper and this is a deep game. Campy and fun and i love it.

ACNC: unique layout. upper playfield has lots to do. Shots are toight. In fact when it was first released i wasnt too interested based on all the chatter about that. Then i did something crazy and did my own research and played one and it was a done deal. Once you dial in your shots they are all consistently makable. And satisfying. I tweaked my flipper angle a touch to dial in the orbits which is important if you want to play any modes (its a mode based game). Don’t get me wrong, i am still “Post Champion” AND “Brick Champion” on my game. But i keep going back to it. Can’t beat a Spooky sound system. I grew up in the 80’s as an Alice fan owning all his albums.

I was never a modder. I just preferred using that $$ to buy more games. Both of these games have been given the Medisinyl treatment. I even did something i never thought i’d do and bought a topper for Elvira. 1000 bucks ain’t buying you a game anymore so F it.

Now, if i had to keep just one i think it would be ACNC. It’s a game i’ll go to often and leave others turned off. Pit Creature is such a great mode. Halloween is brand new and stealing all the attention but i will always go back to Alice.

#7187 1 year ago

Anyone care to part with their laboratory mod? If anyone is selling their game I’ll buy the medisynl mods out of it first

#7188 1 year ago

The Medisinyl lab, volcano and crypt are 3 of the best mods I've put in any game. This machine already had amazing sculpts and toys - so for these to elevate the machine as they do speaks volumes to their amazing-ness.

As for the game, it really is unique. I actually bought mine on a bit of a whim - I just wanted to try a Spooky while I was waiting for my Halloween. Wow it made me an instant Spooky fan. Yes it's true the shots ARE tight on it - but everything is makeable, its not like the shots are nigh on impossible... So it's a harder game and requires a little more practise? Seems like the perfect home game to me.

#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

J'ai envoyé un e-mail à Spooky.

Spooky a répondu ?

#7190 1 year ago

Does anyone have a parts list for ACNC flipper rebuilds they could share with me? There’s nothing in the manual. Not sure how to source parts. I especially need the part # for the updated bushings. My flippers are a bit week…gonna replace coil stops, sleeves and plunger/link, Thanks!

#7191 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Does anyone have a parts list for ACNC flipper rebuilds they could share with me? There’s nothing in the manual. Not sure how to source parts. I especially need the part # for the updated bushings. My flippers are a bit week…gonna replace coil stops, sleeves and plunger/link, Thanks!

Check pinballlife.com they sell all spooky parts

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quelqu'un a-t-il une liste de pièces pour les reconstructions de nageoires ACNC qu'il pourrait partager avec moi ? Il n'y a rien dans le manuel. Je ne sais pas comment trouver des pièces. J'ai particulièrement besoin de la pièce # pour les bagues mises à jour. Mes palmes sont un peu de semaine... je ne suis pas là pour remplacer les butées de bobine, les manches et le piston/lien, merci !

Oui pinballife

#7193 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pretty much PBLs standard BW flipper parts used.

I don’t know if you need the R&M bushings on ACNC - most are still using the standard BW ones with no issues. I haven touched my flippers since I got the game.

If you do use the smaller bushing, make sure you don’t have any flipper drag.

rd

#7194 1 year ago

I’ve been told that the updated bushings make the flippers stronger (which I definitely need. The L ramp is especially difficult to make even on a clean shot with the flip power maxed) AJ got back to me via email and is going to send me a set. Great customer service over here!

Quoted from rotordave:

Pretty much PBLs standard BW flipper parts used.
I don’t know if you need the R&M bushings on ACNC - most are still using the standard BW ones with no issues. I haven touched my flippers since I got the game.
If you do use the smaller bushing, make sure you don’t have any flipper drag.
rd

#7195 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve been told that the updated bushings make the flippers stronger

Well, technically they won’t make the flippers more powerful - but they could hit the ball more square so it goes faster (rather than bouncing when it’s hit)

There’s some good slo mo videos around of flippers hitting the ball - often the ball is smacked downwards into the playfield and gets slightly airborne.

Even flipper rubbers too high on the bat can do the same thing.

rd

#7196 1 year ago

Interesting, I’ll definitely keep that in mind as I’m making adjustments. Thanks!

Quoted from rotordave:

Well, technically they won’t make the flippers more powerful - but they could hit the ball more square so it goes faster (rather than bouncing when it’s hit)
There’s some good slo mo videos around of flippers hitting the ball - often the ball is smacked downwards into the playfield and gets slightly airborne.
Even flipper rubbers too high on the bat can do the same thing.
rd

#7198 1 year ago

I've also had this issue - you can buy spare pre-wired batteries easily from ebay.

Just one word of caution - be extra careful unplugging and plugging in the new batteries. The connectors on the board are tiny and easily bent if the connector doesn't line up (which i did because my eyesight is getting so terrible).

#7199 1 year ago

Why does the final score sometimes end with a 1 or 2?
Seems most of scores end with 0? I was playing a co-op game, and there were 2 diffrent scores - by 1 or 2 points...

20220618_104234 (resized).jpg20220618_104234 (resized).jpg
#7200 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Why does the final score sometimes end with a 1 or 2?
Seems most of scores end with 0? I was playing a co-op game, and there were 2 diffrent scores - by 1 or 2 points...
[quoted image]

Pretty sure it's the number of monsters you actually defeated, not just played against.
So Player 1 beat 2 monsters, and Player 4 beat 1 monster. That's how I'd read that.

Same as TNA with reactors beaten.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.