(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 160.
#7101 2 years ago

There is no 4 ball multiball. I wondered why there was 4 balls in the game as well when I had it.

Billion dollar babies is single ball play.

#7102 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is no 4 ball multiball. I wondered why there was 4 balls in the game as well when I had it.

Would be cool if you could relock by dropping in from the top during crypt MB and releasing the 3rd and/or 4th ball from there. Sucks that there doesn’t seem to be any traction to fix the remaining bugs in this code and add a few things, the layout is fun but not one I would keep forever with the code frozen as it is.

#7103 2 years ago

It lost all replay value for me once I beat it and realized the scoring on it is essentially capped. It was fun to fight the game and get to the end, but didn’t want to play anymore after that.

#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ah that’s right. Shoot the correct shots to escape.

Really good Wizard mode.

I much prefer a single ball mode to “another Multiball … yawnnnn”. Like Crank it up on Metallica. So good.

In saying that, I think HORDE is the best (mini) Wizard mode in any game. Soooo goood.

I played ACNC last weekend at my tournament for the first time in ages. I really enjoy all the modes being “outside the norm”. You get really good rewards for completing them. Unlike a lot of games where you avoid modes, or just use them to get “another Multiball …. Yawnnnn”

rd

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Really good Wizard mode.

It’s fun. But wish the game didn’t end when you beat and with the billion point shot it’s all or nothing.

CIU and Horde. Perfection.

#7106 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s fun. But wish the game didn’t end when you beat and with the billion point shot it’s all or nothing.

Yeah - but the reality is very few people are ever seeing it anyway, let alone finishing it.

TNA is the same. Ends when you’re done. Game designers choice how they want to do it.

Mind you, I always find it a huggggeee anti climax when you beat a game, like iron throne on GOT, you’re all cranked up on adrenaline, then you go back to the start and start again. I’ve lost interest after Iron Throne.

rd

#7107 2 years ago

TNA is much harder though imo. And the simple ruleset lends to it. Might be the only game I agree with the whole, game is over when you beat it setup.

On GOT the fanfare is severely lacking for beating it. But I want the wrap around in almost every case. See TNA above. Haha

#7108 2 years ago

What about scared stiff? Hit all the stiff o meters and your done and going at it again.
Still for some reason ai keep going back to her….Elvira that is!
Magicchiz

#7109 2 years ago

Could someone post or send a picture of the back of their backbox latch? Mine was pulled off during recent house move somehow by the movers (?!) and I'm not sure how it attaches. I think the nail/screw was pulled off so not sure the proper orientation.

#7110 2 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Could someone post or send a picture of the back of their backbox latch? Mine was pulled off during recent house move somehow by the movers (?!) and I'm not sure how it attaches. I think the nail/screw was pulled off so not sure the proper orientation.

151A1EFE-B2E7-4763-977C-0BCC9DC9FF06 (resized).jpeg151A1EFE-B2E7-4763-977C-0BCC9DC9FF06 (resized).jpeg
#7111 2 years ago

Still having issues with Frank. If I manually push him to the lowest position and then calibrate his lock and release positions he'll work for a few games, but inevitably gets out of whack again, positioned too high for a ball to make it to the lock. I get the feeling I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take him apart and put him back together again to get everything running smoothly, but would love some advice if anyone else has seen this behavior.

#7112 2 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Still having issues with Frank. If I manually push him to the lowest position and then calibrate his lock and release positions he'll work for a few games, but inevitably gets out of whack again, positioned too high for a ball to make it to the lock. I get the feeling I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take him apart and put him back together again to get everything running smoothly, but would love some advice if anyone else has seen this behavior.

Just bite the bullet, it will solve the problem for good and it’s not a hard job with patience, just a little time consuming. While your in there make sure he is tight on the T bracket he sits on or you’ll want to take it apart again later.......I am resisting the urge right now!

#7113 2 years ago

$60 homemade stadium lights. Super easy and brought new life to this game (one of the darkest out there). Much more enjoyable now in my opinion
Pics are hard to capture true color and brightness of the leds/Playfield

18C516F2-34C7-43D3-B18E-AB0C79697048 (resized).jpeg18C516F2-34C7-43D3-B18E-AB0C79697048 (resized).jpeg4A178CCA-5B74-447F-AC62-A5EFD3A62FFB (resized).jpeg4A178CCA-5B74-447F-AC62-A5EFD3A62FFB (resized).jpegA45B67E9-6335-453B-8B0C-653B80B2F87A (resized).jpegA45B67E9-6335-453B-8B0C-653B80B2F87A (resized).jpegA5557808-B588-4A67-8BBE-A28ECBF9B6DE (resized).jpegA5557808-B588-4A67-8BBE-A28ECBF9B6DE (resized).jpegF8FDB1ED-5AD2-4069-9715-0C29FA41A606 (resized).jpegF8FDB1ED-5AD2-4069-9715-0C29FA41A606 (resized).jpeg
#7114 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

$60 homemade stadium lights. Super easy and brought new life to this game (one of the darkest out there). Much more enjoyable now in my opinion
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I haven’t used stadium lights in any of my pins, but this does look great! The price is good too. Do you have a parts list by chance?

#7115 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Looks great! I haven’t used stadium lights in any of my pins, but this does look great! The price is good too. Do you have a parts list by chance?

Hurry up pinball on YouTube is what I watched. Super easy. He has parts list and all material.
He had a 40 min video and one around 12 min on how to install

#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#7117 1 year ago

My Alice Cooper started getting angry and decided to start blowing fuses. Any ideas or known issues on what would cause the fuse to blow that regulates power to the bottom right flipper, ball kickout, auto launcher? Right flipper stopped working, found the blown fuse. Put a new one in and it blew immediately upon power up. Put another T4A fast blo in just incase and was able to play a ball, but then it blew on ball 2. Seeing if this has been a common issue anyone else has encountered and solved already? The left ramp opto sensor was also randomly triggering a day before this issue, don't think it's related, but maybe.

#7118 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It lost all replay value for me once I beat it and realized the scoring on it is essentially capped. It was fun to fight the game and get to the end, but didn’t want to play anymore after that.

This actually does open up a new realm in pinball for a maximum possible high score though. Who can play the game perfectly and maximize points? There is always more to attain! You might of beat the game, but did you beat every mode prior to getting there? I think it's a very fun game that is underrated, but it grows on people. It took my local players awhile to accept it after being so use to the feel of Sterns and williams. but now lots of local players love it.

#7119 1 year ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

This actually does open up a new realm in pinball for a maximum possible high score though. Who can play the game perfectly and maximize points? There is always more to attain! You might of beat the game, but did you beat every mode prior to getting there? I think it's a very fun game that is underrated, but it grows on people. It took my local players awhile to accept it after being so use to the feel of Sterns and williams. but now lots of local players love it.

It's funny - this is the simplest pin I own by some margin in terms of rules/code etc, but its been 4-5 months that I've owned it now and if I have a bit of spare time to flip a few games it's ALWAYS this one I go to first. I just can't stress how much of a fun game this is. The layout is undeniably so quirky - no pops, no ramps that return straight back to the flipper, a mini playfield that sits right in the center (of the main upper playfield) but it just works, and it all suits the theme perfectly.

I guess I'm preaching to the choir being in the owners group and all, but this game is so underrated it hurts!

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

100% agreed! I considered pinstadiums first (but not at that huge costs). Then I read your comment and saw the instructions from Hurry up pinball. What a great difference!!! Puts the game on the next level!

#7121 1 year ago

Agree it’s a underrated game alright. Even with its current ranking place of 44. I see it has an option for attract music but when you choose it it does nothing. Anyway of being able to add your chosen track or even a video.

Or even this

#7122 1 year ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

My Alice Cooper started getting angry and decided to start blowing fuses. Any ideas or known issues on what would cause the fuse to blow that regulates power to the bottom right flipper, ball kickout, auto launcher? Right flipper stopped working, found the blown fuse. Put a new one in and it blew immediately upon power up. Put another T4A fast blo in just incase and was able to play a ball, but then it blew on ball 2. Seeing if this has been a common issue anyone else has encountered and solved already? The left ramp opto sensor was also randomly triggering a day before this issue, don't think it's related, but maybe.

Hi, I had same prob recently. I found the shooter coil was grounding out to the bracket it is held in. I wrapped it with electrical tape and replaced with no problem. As I was searching for the problem I also noticed the shooter coil bracket was attached to the playfield with wood screws that went through the tee nuts that hold the pf/apron brackets to the pf (which is tied to the ground strap of the game).
Good luck,let us know if it is same solution.
P.S. Thanks RD for all the help he always offers here!

#7123 1 year ago

Too right Dave is the LTG of Alice.

#7124 1 year ago

Hi, I have just recently picked up this game from a friend after years of wanting it... It's number six of 500 I believe, having some issues with magnisave (drops the ball in any setting) and it's going to ball search after ball goes into lock position. Any ideas? I see there is a plastic spacer from Marco that lowers the magnet, anyone had good results with this? I think the ball search is due to opto's but not sure...

#7125 1 year ago
Quoted from emtftc:

Hi, I have just recently picked up this game from a friend after years of wanting it... It's number six of 500 I believe, having some issues with magnisave (drops the ball in any setting) and it's going to ball search after ball goes into lock position. Any ideas? I see there is a plastic spacer from Marco that lowers the magnet, anyone had good results with this? I think the ball search is due to opto's but not sure...

I installed the small plastic disc over both magnets as protection from further magnetizing the balls. Plastic backed with adhesives were purchased from Pinballlife. If you install them be sure to lower the magnet from under the pf.

Issues involving magnisave were discussed in this forum over the years, check out previous posts (search key word feature) on other solutions.
Good luck and enjoy this great game!

#7126 1 year ago

Will do, have to order a second disc as i wasn't thinking about the upper one. Thanks for the help!

#7127 1 year ago

I'm starting to get some really weird startup/boot problems on my ACNC. First off, my machine hardly ever boots first time - the machine powers on, then before booting into the Spooky software the screen goes black and all the playfield lights just stay on. Usually, if I turn off, then on again it starts up ok. Saw someone else on here mention that it may be the battery on the cpu?

Anyway, today, the same problem happened again - no problem I thought, just turn off and on again, but this time a screen came up asking for a password. I've seen someone else have this problem on here but didn't see any solution. Anyway, I rebooted again - this time I got errors on the screen saying files couldn't be loaded. Then finally, a last reboot and it finally came up ok.

Has anyone had such weird startup problems - maybe the software needs a re-install? I'm pretty nervous now that something is deteriorating and my game is on it's way to becoming unplayable.

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm starting to get some really weird startup/boot problems on my ACNC. First off, my machine hardly ever boots first time - the machine powers on, then before booting into the Spooky software the screen goes black and all the playfield lights just stay on. Usually, if I turn off, then on again it starts up ok. Saw someone else on here mention that it may be the battery on the cpu?
Anyway, today, the same problem happened again - no problem I thought, just turn off and on again, but this time a screen came up asking for a password. I've seen someone else have this problem on here but didn't see any solution. Anyway, I rebooted again - this time I got errors on the screen saying files couldn't be loaded. Then finally, a last reboot and it finally came up ok.
Has anyone had such weird startup problems - maybe the software needs a re-install? I'm pretty nervous now that something is deteriorating and my game is on it's way to becoming unplayable.

Contact spooky mate.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Saw someone else on here mention that it may be the battery on the cpu?

Yes, that’s been “a thing” with the PROC games.

From memory there is a reset button on the CPU - again, from memory, bottom RHS.

If you look through the posts here and also the Rick and Morty thread, you’ll find some posts outlining that.

Worth a tilt.

rd

#7130 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Linux! As reliable and stable as windsuck (windows) these days. Reload code, that would be my first bet.

#7131 1 year ago

ebay.com link: itm

The last half of the Alice Toppers are now on eBay. I also listed that eBay will figure out international Shipping.

John
Magicchiz

#7132 1 year ago

Any idea how many actual original factory toppers were produced??

548553BF-B160-428C-B4CD-E64D4EEEC901 (resized).png548553BF-B160-428C-B4CD-E64D4EEEC901 (resized).png
#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from emtftc:

Will do, have to order a second disc as i wasn't thinking about the upper one. Thanks for the help!

Also see spookys video on the magnets. There is a gold plated resistor I believe on early games. That you now can bypass for the magna save. Solved our issue with it.
Hope you solve it!

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Any idea how many actual original factory toppers were produced??[quoted image]

I don’t think very many. I know the person who made them had left spooky. At least that’s what I heard.
John magicchiz

#7135 1 year ago

Looking to join the club with Alice. Question. What is a good price for this pin, se edition, with the spreaker cover and light upgrade, and less then 220 games on it. Is it possible to have 15 more games played then started? That's what the menu says. Game is in a small game room, and apparently doesn't get much action.
What's a good price on this machine?
6800 to much? Only a couple sold for around 8000 on here and the rest sat, all but the ones around 6000.
What were prices new on the se and bse?

#7136 1 year ago
Quoted from leonml:

Looking to join the club with Alice. Question. What is a good price for this pin, se edition, with the spreaker cover and light upgrade, and less then 220 games on it. Is it possible to have 15 more games played then started? That's what the menu says. Game is in a small game room, and apparently doesn't get much action.
6800 to much? Only a couple sold for around 8000 on here and the rest sat, all but the ones around 6000.

There was no SE or BSE models for ACNC. There were two powder options and butter cab option, etc.

Mine cost $7283 shipped from Spooky in March 2019 (only options I chose were plastic protectors and side decals).

Butter cab was an additional $1k, and blue powder was ~$200 or so.

#7137 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

There was no SE or BSE models for ACNC. There were two powder options and butter cab option, etc.
Mine cost $7283 shipped from Spooky in March 2019 (only options I chose were plastic protectors and side decals).

Thanks, sorry, i was misinformed.

#7138 1 year ago
Quoted from leonml:

Updates erase the game counter. FYI. Nobody really can tell how many games been played on machines these days really.

#7139 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Updates erase the game counter. FYI. Nobody really can tell how many games been played on machines these days really.

That's unfortunate, because it shouldn't. It's not rocket science to do.
So overall it's condition of the machine.
The guy said spooky had to repair the main board because things weren't working in the game. Wonder if that was a manufacturing defect or just what you get these days. I guess i should be grateful he at least was honest.
Still, if the games really nice, what's it worth?

#7140 1 year ago
Quoted from leonml:

The guy said spooky had to repair the main board because things weren't working in the game. Wonder if that was a manufacturing defect or just what you get these days. I guess i should be grateful he at least was honest.

$7000 standard grey, 7500 blue, 7700 with Medisinyl mods, 8500 w/butter cab….

Just taking a stab-

#7141 1 year ago

I really like my Alice cooper-

46D9F958-5FB7-4FF3-8ADD-C73BB536C5CB (resized).jpeg46D9F958-5FB7-4FF3-8ADD-C73BB536C5CB (resized).jpeg
#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from leonml:

I paid 7500 a few weeks ago.Super clean and beautiful game.It has some mods and insvaglass and not sure what that is worth as far as resale or cost when bought.I might have over paid a couple hundred but its been on my want list and one popped up close by. With only 500 made I think it's a 7k machine all day assuming the condition is super clean and is home use only.

#7143 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

$7000 standard grey, 7500 blue, 7700 with Medisinyl mods, 8500 w/butter cab….
Just taking a stab-

FWIW, the full 6-piece mod set from me was ~$497 + shipping (considering combo discounts). As I've seen many of the discontinued mods sell for 2x+, and many have been looking for this set (even mad at me at times for keeping my word on discontinued mods), it's hard to guess what they may add now, but $500 is a fair baseline to expect.

I personally like the heavy silver-vein over the blue powder--favorite armor in my collection. I wish Halloween had the same thick vein, but it's more like RZ/AMH.

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

With only 500 made I think it's a 7k machine all day assuming the condition is super clean and is home use only.

Latest code helped the game a lot. 500 is quite limited for such a loaded, unique game. Offers more IMO than many games selling at higher prices.

Dream theme for me as well, so I can't imagine selling mine.

With confirmed sales in the 8s on some even without butter, it's possible 7s will be hard to come by in the future.

#7144 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

personally like the heavy silver-vein over the blue powder

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one! For once, I liked the "standard" better than the "upgrade".

Seeing photos - I wonder the overall all ratio blue vs. silver vein. You almost never see sliver-vein in posted photos.

#7145 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one! For once, I liked the "standard" better than the "upgrade".
Seeing photos - I wonder the overall all ratio blue vs. silver vein. You almost never see sliver-vein in posted photos.

They came out with upgrade armor set afterwards that was better. I bought the purple version..

http://shop.spookypinball.com/alice-cooper-widow-armor-kit-p78.php

ac (resized).JPGac (resized).JPG
#7146 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They came out with upgrade armor set afterwards that was better. I bought the purple version..
http://shop.spookypinball.com/alice-cooper-widow-armor-kit-p78.php[quoted image]

The purple is neat, but unfortunately the lollipop style blocks some great artwork.

On the left, it blocks the artwork that's integrated into the flipper button, as it looks like Alice is pressing the button on a box in the lab (I thought this was one of the coolest details, and something I wish more pins did).

And on the right, it blocks the lever he's pulling.
nvcvcv (resized).jpgnvcvcv (resized).jpg

#7147 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The purple is neat, but unfortunately the lollipop style blocks some great artwork.
On the left, it blocks the artwork that's integrated into the flipper button, as it looks like Alice is pressing the button on a box in the lab (I thought this was one of the coolest details, and something I wish more pins did).
And on the right, it blocks the lever he's pulling (which I based the handle off of for the lab mod).
[quoted image]

Overtime that decal will get wear there and look bad. I will take the protection and added laser cut black widow armor look for me.
You can still see some of the artwork through it.

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Overtime that decal will get wear there and look bad. I will take the protection and added laser cut black widow armor look for me.

Or you could put a clear protector like the ones Titan sells on. We've had one on location for a year+ and it's still fine

#7149 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Of course I understand your preference as well. I was just blurting out what came to mind, as it may be the first time I've seen the upgrade option.

#7150 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

On Butter cabinets is it more resistant than decals ? i think yes but not sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 20.00
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/143?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.