(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 161.
#601 4 years ago

Any hints of a code update?

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Some additional photos. Final paint will likely be slightly different (detail for production versions will be a bit better as well), but this is getting close.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Spooky approved!!! That's a great looking piece and idea. Nice job!

Praise from the highest source Much appreciated (you should have some free ones in the mail )

Just listed these for anyone that may want them for their game:

Mod thread (will update as more becomes available): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-

Sale Page: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02520-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-arch-and-tower-mods-acnc-

Arch on the tower in the photo is to show side by side color comparison.

20190514_214355.jpg20190514_214355.jpgezgif.com-resize.gifezgif.com-resize.gif
#604 4 years ago

Anybody know what number has recently been delivered? Are we up to 100 yet?

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I am number 108 and was told back on May 8th that it would probably be 6-8 weeks before mine was ready.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

#85 was ready for shipment on the 14th

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I believe Spooky had celebrated shipping the first 100 some weeks ago. But, I think some have been made out of order to accommodate international considerations, etc., so the numbers are sequential. 99% sure I heard this on a podcast with some knowledge of production.

#608 4 years ago

Spooky FB page has a pic of ACs headed out to supply New Zealand.
Kiwi ACs (resized).jpgKiwi ACs (resized).jpg

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

[quoted image]

Yep! Looks like a nice day in Benton ...

5x ACNC and 2 more TNA.

They’re currently on a truck to my freight depot in Los Angeles, where they’ll be put into a container and shipped to Auckland.

Hopefully should have them in our hands in 3 weeks. Give or take.

rd

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

[quoted image]

I wonder which one is mine? eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Dang..... I need to clear out enough space in my study to fit another pin. Not sure if 3 weeks is enough time.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

Dang..... I need to clear out enough space in my study to fit another pin. Not sure if 3 weeks is enough time.

Burn the books....for peace and pinball!

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep! Looks like a nice day in Benton ...
5x ACNC and 2 more TNA.
They’re currently on a truck to my freight depot in Los Angeles, where they’ll be put into a container and shipped to Auckland.
rd

Please keep us up to date. We need more hope in our lives.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Please keep us up to date. We need more hope in our lives.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/

I did that last time ... the Spooky pins shipped out of NYC and we followed them down the east coast, through the Panama Canal, the ship collecting bananas somewhere ... took about 40 days on the water that route.

LA is much quicker - 10 days direct.

rd

#615 4 years ago

Good stuff RD. NZ don't need no stinkin' bananas. Maybe some pineapples this time. With calm seas and favorable winds I hope it's 9.

#616 4 years ago

How many of you guys who put down a deposit before the tax change laws went into effect had to pay sales tax on ACNC?

#617 4 years ago

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again. To show off my latest creation for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.

I am a pinball topper guy. I know a lot of you are not, I get it! Although I have high ceilings and love filling that area with something related to the game below

I had a vision of looking up from the game and just like the backglass looking up and seeing the tops of the castle.

I hope seeing these spur some creativity of others to produce some cool stuff for the ACNC game.
Please support the official items from Spooky Pinball Inc. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff coming from Backalley Creations, and other great mod builders.

I made 6 of these for close friends and myself. They were all gifts. I know they all had games. No money changed hand. No I am not making anymore! Only way I'm making another is if Alice wants one.

Again I hope most of you like it. If not oh well. If it spurs one other person to make a mod for ACNC. Then my inspiration did its job.

Hope you like seeing it.

John
Magicchiz

20190520_233833 (resized).jpg20190520_233833 (resized).jpg
#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again. To show off my latest creation for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.
I am a pinball topper guy. I know a lot of you are not, I get it! Although I have high ceilings and love filling that area with something related to the game below
I had a vision of looking up from the game and just like the backglass looking up and seeing the tops of the castle.
I hope seeing these spur some creativity of others to produce some cool stuff for the ACNC game.
Please support the official items from Spooky Pinball Inc. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff coming from Backalley Creations, and other great mod builders.
I made 6 of these for close friends and myself. They were all gifts. I know they all had games. No money changed hand. No I am not making anymore! Only way I'm making another is if Alice wants one.
Again I hope most of you like it. If not oh well. If it spurs one other person to make a mod for ACNC. Then my inspiration did its job.
Hope you like seeing it.
John
Magicchiz

[quoted image]

An incredibly kind and thoughtful gesture to those that received one of these. Awesome job in dreaming it up and implementing it. Most impressive topper I've seen

#619 4 years ago

i keep my 'topper' on the pf glass, where i can see it.

http://www.thesorcererslibrary.com/TSL/otherranges/perth_pewter/piece_profiles/le06enchantedcastle.htm

enchantedcastle01 (resized).jpgenchantedcastle01 (resized).jpg

#620 4 years ago

The long-awaited SDTM Review of Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle Pinball Machine

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Woo, excitement level’s just hit overload!
I could happily listen to you two chuntering all day long.
ZMeny - I keep meaning to ask, who did the SDTM song? Is there a longer version and can I get a copy anywhere?

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Woo, excitement level’s just hit overload!
I could happily listen to you two chuntering all day long.
zmeny - I keep meaning to ask, who did the SDTM song? Is there a longer version and can I get a copy anywhere?

Thanks man. Yes it’s band by the name of Damn The Luck.

#623 4 years ago

Will have to watch the review and see if the game has improved or not since its early days.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Great episode.

Zach mentioned there is no direct return to the flipper from a ramp shot, but once you lock the first Frank-lock, the left ramp does become a return to the left flipper--drop target will drop ahead of time and the ball should go smoothly to the habitrail most of the time, unless in a mode that keeps the drop target up to try to keep the ball up there (not sure of every detail on how it's coded, but the game does morph a bit in that regard, using that drop target as a diverter of sorts).

The right rail spiral seems to only have issues for me when the game is set to the factory recommended pitch of 6.5*--at 6.5* my game became the tight shot game many complain about, and brought some other issues for me (also could no longer make the left ramp from the left flipper, which is a great feeling shot on this game). My game seems to be the most fun at about 6.1* Shots are plenty reasonable at that angle and less issues with the spiral habitrail (at 6.5* it would fly out into the shooter lane or outlane much of the time).

Definitely a game that's on another level when dialed in at home with all of the sensory details.

#625 4 years ago

And the code is still not done! Should only get better!And I totally agree with Zach on that upper loop shot. Very rewarding and smooth!

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

/me picks jaw up off lockdown bar

Considering that we'll never have one of these, I think you may have just ruined ACNC for all of us!

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again

Hey... we HAVE to put ourselves out there! Fun isn't it?

As one of the lucky people with this particular topper, all I can say is what a kind wonderful awesome gesture... and what a creative fantastic job!!!

I had it on Squirrel's desk but apparently she needed to work there this morning so now it's on top of Godzilla. I gotta get my own Alice Cooper game at some point and take both IT and the topper home! Boy am I glad we did the 9 foot ceilings now!

And huge thanks to SDTM Greg and the nice one (the tides have turned!) for the killer review on ACNC... still giving my team credit for making it as good as it is!

Great days at Spooky... that's for sure! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

#628 4 years ago

Hey SpookyCharlie. I was listening to Alice on the way into work today and the song Sideshow came up. I have to ask, the crowd screaming noise that the spinner makes....is that the sound from Sideshow when the crowd is screaming as if on a rollercoaster?

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

is that the sound from Sideshow when the crowd is screaming as if on a rollercoaster?

Nope... the sounds in the game are all Scott Danesi originals. There was a roller coaster-ish style scream in earlier code on the left scoop but we tossed it out.

#630 4 years ago

ok guys and girls,

I have gotten a ton of requests for info about the lightning behind the topper.

The projector is a Gemmy Lightning projector see Link below:

https://www.gemmy.com/LightShow_ThunderBolt_Spot_Light_p/73203.htm

In order to project at a close distance. You must remove the round clear dome on it.

I also attached mine behind the topper using a C clamp. Yes, Yes I know I screwed into my game. This game is not going anywhere until I die.
So yes I screwed two holes into the back of my game to mount this cool as S@@T add on to my topper.

Magicchiz

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#631 4 years ago

Kind of strange looking for lightning...

#632 4 years ago

#87 in the house! So awesome so far. There's a few things I need to tweak (right slingshot, audio, etc), but loving it already.

20190529_190509 (resized).jpg20190529_190509 (resized).jpg
#633 4 years ago

Cool! Nice to see a pic with same options as mine!
Thanks

#634 4 years ago

Looking good in the grey powder coat. What happened to the original deep blue powder coat? The recent pictures with the scary blue powder coating are completely different and much brighter.

#635 4 years ago

#97 will be in the house between 9am-1pm tomorrow!

#636 4 years ago

What are people doing to brighten the relatively dim G.I. ?

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Well, my F-14 used to have a dark playfield too. So I just went the cheap route. My walkout basement is finished except for the ceiling, so I just used a small clamp light with 40 watt incandescent bulb off to the side (so it doesn't reflect in playfield glass) and it worked perfectly.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

#87 in the house! So awesome so far. There's a few things I need to tweak (right slingshot, audio, etc), but loving it already.[quoted image]

I can't decide which color trim looks better.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

nothing. it's perfect as is. wait until you get it and play it. Would not recommend buying anything in advance for lighting. I prefer the darkened mood, plus you get the full benefits out of the spectacular light show.

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think they both look good, the hammered look on the grey takes it up a notch. So to me, it just wasn't worth the extra money. Plus I felt like there was already enough blue in the art.

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

nothing. it's perfect as is. wait until you get it and play it. Would not recommend buying anything in advance for lighting. I prefer the darkened mood, plus you get the full benefits out of the spectacular light show.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the lighting at all.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think they both look good, the hammered look on the grey takes it up a notch. So to me, it just wasn't worth the extra money. Plus I felt like there was already enough blue in the art.

There's lots of pictures from the side with the blue, but I don't see a good image of a completed machine with the grey from the side in good lighting.
That would be a nice touch to have to help folks decide.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Agreed - really like the hammered look - that is what I picked too.

#644 4 years ago

My personal preference is either blue armor and side art or hammered gray and mirrors. I chose the blu and side art which really is beautiful. To me the blue armor accentuates the side art.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You are not alone. That dilema plagues several of us. Good news is no matter which option you choose, someone somewhere on pinside will be upset that you bought a machine at all.

#646 4 years ago

Yep!

I've had the 'why are you wasting you're money on that/those things', to 'why do you need so many'.

F'em.

#647 4 years ago

Well that’s a first, dude wouldn’t help me take it up the stairs to the game room for extra cash... Great, now I have to wait till my neighbor gets home!
32D5AAEB-66D7-48FC-AE1C-C351BABDC462 (resized).jpeg32D5AAEB-66D7-48FC-AE1C-C351BABDC462 (resized).jpeg

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well that’s a first, dude wouldn’t help me take it up the stairs to the game room for extra cash... Great, now I have to wait till my neighbor gets home!
[quoted image]

Ugh, that sucks. What number do you have?

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Ugh, that sucks. What number do you have?

#97 The dude didn't want to get fired if something happened even though it was a straight shot up. I assured him he would be fine and no dice... The carrier must have read the riot act to someone.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

[quoted image]

One word: Escalera

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
$ 300.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/13?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.