(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 161.
#6751 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Have you tried reflowing the crypt optos?

Yes, tried that + reseating cables. But now it was a few days since trying. So would be grateful for pics on right ramp opto and crypt optos connections on the opto board.

#6752 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Yes, tried that + reseating cables. But now it was a few days since trying. So would be grateful for pics on right ramp opto and crypt optos connections on the opto board.

Swap that optos switch board with another switch board the same. From memory there is another switch board right above the one that those optos run to.

Then check that the problem remains with those optos (and hasn’t moved to other switches with the original switch board)

I have seen one of those switch boards go flaky. Easy to check (takes a couple of minutes to swap around boards) and if the board is the problem, saves you hours of chasing faults.

rd

#6753 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Swap that optos switch board with another switch board the same. From memory there is another switch board right above the one that those optos run to.
Then check that the problem remains with those optos (and hasn’t moved to other switches with the original switch board)
I have seen one of those switch boards go flaky. Easy to check (takes a couple of minutes to swap around boards) and if the board is the problem, saves you hours of chasing faults.
rd

Thanks for the tip, tried it. Problem stays the same. Anyone know what opto article/serial number they use?
Tried 14231 but those dont work at all instead it seems.

Would love if some1 could take a picture on optobord for crypt and solderjoint(cable colour) for crypt opto.

Thanks!

#6754 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Thanks for the tip, tried it. Problem stays the same. Anyone know what opto article/serial number they use?
Tried 14231 but those dont work at all instead it seems.
Would love if some1 could take a picture on optobord for crypt and solderjoint(cable colour) for crypt opto.
Thanks!

These ones. One is a sender, one is a receiver.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-infared-led-opto-assembly-set.html

You could always swap a set from somewhere else and see how you go.

rd

#6755 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

These ones. One is a sender, one is a receiver.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-infared-led-opto-assembly-set.html
You could always swap a set from somewhere else and see how you go.
rd

Thanks!
Will try!

Working now! was bad optos or dirty optos , now im just trying to figure out why everyone else magnets seem to fling balls from the magnetic ball save and ours dont.
Tried both with "low magnetic" balls and shiny ones.
Also installed double plastic magnet protectors.
Tried all patterns and turning on off magnet resistor.

Any ideas?

#6756 2 years ago

I have an odd issue that has popped up recently. Randomly, throughout games my left scoop will make the "I'm about to shoot out the ball" sound and lightshow and fire the coil. Half of the time it will even eject a second ball out of the ball trough which often leads to funky code problems - sometimes doing so before hitting a flipper or plunging a ball. I've checked the stuck switch screen, as well as, monitored the switch test screen for anomalies - but nothing has come up in either one. I've made sure all connections were secure, reflowed solder joints on the scoop optos, and replaced the scoop optos.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know which Special setting awards an EB? It doesn't seem like any of those options work properly.

#6757 2 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I have an odd issue that has popped up recently. Randomly, throughout games my left scoop will make the "I'm about to shoot out the ball" sound and lightshow and fire the coil. Half of the time it will even eject a second ball out of the ball trough which often leads to funky code problems - sometimes doing so before hitting a flipper or plunging a ball. I've checked the stuck switch screen, as well as, monitored the switch test screen for anomalies - but nothing has come up in either one. I've made sure all connections were secure, reflowed solder joints on the scoop optos, and replaced the scoop optos.
Any ideas?
Also, does anyone know which Special setting awards an EB? It doesn't seem like any of those options work properly.

Mine did that over the weekend too. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet but will start with a scoop opto clean.

#6758 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

now im just trying to figure out why everyone else magnets seem to fling balls from the magnetic ball save and ours dont.

Balls make no difference.

“Low magnetic” balls are what you want to use in games with magnets - because they are less likely to become magnetic. If they do become magnetic, then they will stick together in the ball trough (ie not roll down properly) and the game will get very confused. Not good.

Also note that all balls can become magnetic, even just by clinking together in shipping. Sometimes shit just happens.

With your magnet flinging - you know there are 4 (?) different magnet patterns in the menu?

From memory - original, pattern 1, 2 and 3.

So access your menu - see what pattern your machine is on, and try the next one for a few games. See what happens. Then try the next one. Etc etc.

Pattern 3 works best in my game, which still has the original big gold magnet resistor fitted (later games don’t have this fitted)

rd

#6759 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Thanks!
Will try!
Working now! was bad optos or dirty optos , now im just trying to figure out why everyone else magnets seem to fling balls from the magnetic ball save and ours dont.
Also installed double plastic magnet protectors.
Tried all patterns and turning on off magnet resistor.
Any ideas?

Remove the resistor:

#6760 2 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Any ideas?

After further investigation, the issue with the left scoop seems to only be happening after the game has been running for 10-15 minutes. I left the switch screen on and the LEFTSCOOP - 60 - (I) is what shows as being randomly triggering once. About 15 minutes later it starts going crazy with triggering TROUGHJAM - 51 - (A) and TROUGHJAM - 51 - (I) over and over and over again nonstop. Is this an opto or a subway switch?

#6761 2 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

TROUGHJAM - 51 - (A) and TROUGHJAM - 51 - (I) over and over and over again nonstop. Is this an opto or a subway switch?

The switches at the end of the ball trough?

rd

#6762 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

To those with the topper. Mine stopped working. Blew the fuse. Replaced it and it works again…accept, Mr brain seems to move less (code thing? Have the latest code) and the dials don’t move. Anyone opened it and know the correct connection pins…I may have accidentally changed a connection. If nobody knows, that’s cool…I’ll hit up AJ at spooky or maybe that servo went bad.

I had to change the dial servo right atvzhe beginning, running now more than 1 year without any problems. Here some pictures, hope it will help you on Halloween

06451B74-72E7-4CE7-9869-8D5183C5C905 (resized).jpeg06451B74-72E7-4CE7-9869-8D5183C5C905 (resized).jpeg422FB8A8-F43B-405F-88A1-AC51AF7D0A37 (resized).jpeg422FB8A8-F43B-405F-88A1-AC51AF7D0A37 (resized).jpegD484FCAB-8659-4606-B54D-7ACFCA20ED7D (resized).jpegD484FCAB-8659-4606-B54D-7ACFCA20ED7D (resized).jpeg
#6763 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I had to change the dial servo right atvzhe beginning, running now more than 1 year without any problems. Here some pictures, hope it will help you on Halloween [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! Those are great. I had just replaced the fuse, but my brain stopped moving again and the dials haven’t moved in awhile. Time to replace both servos. Thanks for the pic of the wire pin connections!

#6764 2 years ago

Is spooky still working on new code for Alice, or are they done? I see some updates for Halloween/Ultraman coming and was hoping for an Alice update too.

#6765 2 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Is spooky still working on new code for Alice, or are they done? I see some updates for Halloween/Ultraman coming and was hoping for an Alice update too.

I'd guess only Spooky folks would know - SpookyLuke SpookyCharlie .

#6766 2 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I would not expect new code anytime soon. They released one in March and they have their hands full with Halloween and Ultraman..

#6767 2 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Is spooky still working on new code for Alice, or are they done? ...

#6768 2 years ago

does anyone have the original instructions for the apron cards? not found on the spooky website

#6769 2 years ago

Hello.
I have a little problem on my alice.
when unlocking Frankestein mode, the 2 balls go up with the character but the right ball remains stuck on the ramp. It is as if the Frankestein figure does not rise high enough.
I don't see how to adjust the height, in the menu or mechanically. It's really not accessible without disassembling everything.
Has this problem ever happened to someone? do you have any idea how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

20211113_141848 (resized).jpg20211113_141848 (resized).jpg
#6770 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

does anyone have the original instructions for the apron cards? not found on the spooky website

Yes they emailed them to me when I asked about them.
My machines also didn't come with them installed (seems late builds did have cards).
Pm me your emailadres (or email spooky yourself to ask them).

#6771 2 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

Hello.
I have a little problem on my alice.
when unlocking Frankestein mode, the 2 balls go up with the character but the right ball remains stuck on the ramp. It is as if the Frankestein figure does not rise high enough.
I don't see how to adjust the height, in the menu or mechanically. It's really not accessible without disassembling everything.
Has this problem ever happened to someone? do you have any idea how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

In the settings you can adjust the frankenstein servo, there you set how high and low it can go.

#6772 2 years ago

YES! the problem is solved . Thanks for your help .

#6773 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

In the settings you can adjust the frankenstein servo, there you set how high and low it can go.

Thank you for this, I didnt know I could adjust Frank's height.

#6774 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone here was looking to sell their Alice
Buyer with cash in hand
Have one I’m getting in 2 weeks but my brother wants one as well he doesn’t do the internet pinball forums
Thanks

#6775 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Wondering if anyone here was looking to sell their Alice
Buyer with cash in hand
Have one I’m getting in 2 weeks but my brother wants one as well he doesn’t do the internet pinball forums
Thanks

Anything can be had for the right price

#6776 2 years ago

Finally got around to installing Ron's (Cento's) wall decal mod.

Promised (years ago? ) I'd post a pic when that happens. Sorry for the glass on with flash.
20211121_184821 (resized).jpg20211121_184821 (resized).jpg

#6777 2 years ago

Have a line on a Alice
It’s mint like right out of the box very low play
This game is number one for us right now

It’s priced in the high 8s
Is this fair value?

Not trolling I want a one owner low play copy just never thought it would be that much

Thanks

#6778 2 years ago

Have a line on a Alice
It’s price is in the high 8s
Is this fair value?
Not trolling I want a one owner low play copy just never thought it would be that much
Thanks

#6779 2 years ago

Have a line on a Alice
It’s prices in the high 8s
Is this fair value?
Thanks

Here's a cheaper one but second owner and no shipping. Not many made and it's a great game, some collectors specifically seek out music or horror pins and this has both. Looks like last three or four sold in the 8k range or higher.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-68

#6780 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Here's a cheaper one but second owner and no shipping. Not many made and it's a great game, some collectors specifically seek out music or horror pins and this has both. Looks like last three or four sold in the 8k range or higher.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-68

Thanks man I did actually see this one

I’m willing to pay for the right game
It’s just a lot dont want to chase

I appreciate the response

#6781 2 years ago

Have a line on a Alice
Is this fair value?
Thanks

High 8s? I'm not shocked. This was one of the last games I thought was still selling far too low.

Fair value or not depends on the buyer. IMO, even if you pay a few hundred over, you're not going to lose value on it. See if you can talk them down, start at 8500 maybe. If it has lots of add-ons and pinstadiums or whatever, the seller may not budge and I can't blame them.

#6782 2 years ago

Is this fair value?

I think it will be hard to get that price back. Just make sure you really love it and it’s gonna stay for a long time. If that’s the case, go for it.

#6783 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it will be hard to get that price back. Just make sure you really love it and it’s gonna stay for a long time. If that’s the case, go for it.

The last two ACNCs sold for 10k and 9.5k. Granted the 10k had butter cab and a topper, and the 9.5k had tons of mods, but they are going up in value over time, not down. The one in Texas going for 7.5 is ridiculously low imo. That'll be the last ACNC that sells for under 8k for quite some time. It's a new ad but I'm shocked someone didn't snag it already.

We don't know the specs or add-ons of the one that Spaceman is talking about, but 8-9 is the min value of this game these days. I think he'll be fine to negotiate a deal.

#6784 2 years ago

Well so be it. Glad I’m not in the market for a Alice. Whoa baby.

#6785 2 years ago

Have a line on a Alice
Is this fair value?
Thanks

8-8.5 on a factory ACNC with a couple options atleast i’d say.

9 if it has “glass” maybe some some of the Medisinyl mods

Exceptionally interesting game…has a very unique presence and immersive creepiness to it.

Get it, then do the rgb under cabinet and back box lighting mod….incredible

59C59330-1AC1-42AE-948F-C3A591EF8BB3 (resized).jpeg59C59330-1AC1-42AE-948F-C3A591EF8BB3 (resized).jpeg
#6786 2 years ago

Thanks for all the response
He’s come down 200 for me still mid 8s
He has the type of game I want which is as close to new as possible
I plan on keeping it obviously and actually have sold a couple a couple games recently for a nice profit

Wanted to use that profit to get Alice
I’m going to buy it even if I’m paying a premium
I can’t believe I slept on this game for this long I just never seen one in person
Im pumped I appreciate the feedback can’t always worry about a couple hundred bucks here or there in this hobby on every game

#6787 2 years ago

Thanks for all the response
He’s come down 200 for me still mid 8s
He has the type of game I want which is as close to new as possible
I plan on keeping it obviously and actually have sold a couple a couple games recently for a nice profit
Wanted to use that profit to get Alice
I’m going to buy it even if I’m paying a premium
I can’t believe I slept on this game for this long I just never seen one in person
Im pumped I appreciate the feedback can’t always worry about a couple hundred bucks here or there in this hobby on every game

Congrats on your game!

#6788 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Congrats on your game!

Thank you to say we are excited is a understatement

#6789 2 years ago

Mine stored from purchase (may2021) cuz lacking Space

abe2ea7c3ae52869f94e30b45685dcdeae796bc8 (resized).jpgabe2ea7c3ae52869f94e30b45685dcdeae796bc8 (resized).jpg

#6790 2 years ago

Congrats!

I think it's a fantastic game myself. Pinstadiums are amazing on it, especially with the shaker motor, but the price of those things suck now.

#6791 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

8-8.5 on a factory ACNC with a couple options atleast i’d say.
9 if it has “glass” maybe some some of the Medisinyl mods
Exceptionally interesting game…has a very unique presence and immersive creepiness to it.
Get it, then do the rgb under cabinet and back box lighting mod….incredible[quoted image]

20211103_232149 (resized).jpg20211103_232149 (resized).jpg
#6792 2 years ago

I also confirm that the pinstadiums are really necessary on ACNC,
they should have integrated them in the pinball machine during the conception.
it is really incredible when you have to shoot the jackpot
what a great pinball . ACNC is the new Medieval Madness

#6793 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I also confirm that the pinstadiums are really necessary on ACNC,
they should have integrated them in the pinball machine during the conception.
it is really incredible when you have to shoot the jackpot ...

I recommend them as well for ACNC.

#6794 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

High 8s? I'm not shocked. This was one of the last games I thought was still selling far too low.
Fair value or not depends on the buyer. IMO, even if you pay a few hundred over, you're not going to lose value on it. See if you can talk them down, start at 8500 maybe. If it has lots of add-ons and pinstadiums or whatever, the seller may not budge and I can't blame them.

Absolutely correct. And compare to the prices people going to ask for recent STERN toppers, the Alice topper seems to we worth now as well 1.5k at least. I have seen Elvira topper getting sold at 2.2k USD here in Germany … that‘s really ridiculous

#6795 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not in this market and not moving forward into the future. Alice will catch up to the market and then some

#6796 2 years ago

Just FYI. My Alice was really acting weird. Lights that would shut off, modes that would sound but not match the graphics, shots that wouldn’t register, etc. I reinstalled the code and all is good. Pins are more and more a computer…so sometimes a clean slate is needed.

#6797 2 years ago

That’s was a long drive through the night
Alice in the house!
We love this game its so sick man
This is just what I was looking for at that price,today,was as close to new as possible
Thanks for feedback on my purchase again very happy I feel like I got lucky someone let it go to begin with

Happy thanksgiving ☠️
70EB2AF2-848E-4AAF-9224-1DB4BEBB5E2E (resized).jpeg70EB2AF2-848E-4AAF-9224-1DB4BEBB5E2E (resized).jpegE7A00213-56F1-4043-AD08-2FF90F9C4F11 (resized).jpegE7A00213-56F1-4043-AD08-2FF90F9C4F11 (resized).jpeg

#6798 2 years ago

That’s was a long drive through the night
Alice in the house!
We love this game its so sick man
This is just what I was looking for at that price,today,was as close to new as possible
Thanks for feedback on my purchase again very happy I feel like I got lucky someone let it go to begin with
Happy thanksgiving ☠️
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#6799 2 years ago

You'll want a rob zombie now. I reckon it's a better machine. 7 ball multi and all.

#6800 2 years ago

Hadn’t played in a while because I’ve been busy as hell with work.
Got into a game today where I defeated the pit creature and another where I defeated the werewolf (which is good for me).
Man does it feel good when you defeat a monster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/136?hl=paulatron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.