(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 160.
#6701 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

My acnc is not releasing the ball at end of game from the crypt lock. Spooky does not call customers just text assistance. Not sure why this is to be honest. Switch is not releasing ball. Any idea what this could be? In test switch not working. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

If a switch isn't working correctly in game nor switch test, and works sometimes and not others, my first thought would be to check the connection. Is the solder good? Is it broken and barely making a connection? My entire focus would be immediately on the lugs of that switch.

#6702 2 years ago

Yes reflow the optos,my crypt was doing all kinds of strange things,it takes a bit to get to the optos but nothing to bad!
Take a look at the right standup target there are three next to the crept that changes the mode,when you shoot the far right target it looks to me that even though there is a rubber there it still looks like it can hit the back of the opto,anyway I reflowed mine and it fixed all strange behavior!

#6703 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Lol. This game does this all the time. Who knows what it is now. Switch works off and on. Now it won’t release the ball and end of game. A great design. Lol

I'm sorry, but does the drop-target release coil work? I mean, instead of passive-agressively blaming Spooky for not calling you outright, you could be looking into the game, and checking. The fact the switch works 'sometimes' is a definite problem you should fix, and then as just mentioned, check that the drop target test reports everything is good.

#6704 2 years ago

Installed RGB speakers and ACNC speaker covers today.

YEAHHHHH!!!! FIIII-YAHHHH!!!!!!

Got them from http://www.kimballspinballs.com/

He sent me plenty of texts and worked with me a ton. Super nice. Highly recommended.

IMG-2093 (resized).jpegIMG-2093 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2097 (resized).jpegIMG-2097 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2096 (resized).jpegIMG-2096 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#6705 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the depth of the head with this title? Is it like houdini or normal like R&M?

#6706 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Can anyone tell me the depth of the head with this title? Is it like houdini or normal like R&M?

Normal

#6707 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Same head as R&M

#6708 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Same head as R&M

Thanks guys. Joined the club today. Extremely low play machine. Still had the tilt bob stapled inside. Only 15 games in but wow, I'm impressed. Very fun game.

1 week later
#6709 2 years ago

Anyone know how to reset high scores on this game? I can't find the option in settings anywhere. Do I have to reset audits? That would be annoying if that's the only way as I use my audit data.

#6710 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Anyone know how to reset high scores on this game? I can't find the option in settings anywhere. Do I have to reset audits? That would be annoying if that's the only way as I use my audit data.

AFAIK, there is (currently) no way to reset high scores, sadly.

#6711 2 years ago

Well, there is one way......

#6712 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, there is one way......

Code update, you say?!

#6713 2 years ago

No, just beat the existing ones.

#6714 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, just beat the existing ones.

Well then. Two ways.

#6715 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well then. Two ways.

I don't think the latest code updates erase high scores now?

#6716 2 years ago

Hi we just bought an Alice Cooper BSE, it worked from the start and now it lowers volume and starta random crypt multiballs.

Any suggestions?

Done test which all drop targets passed several times.

Cleaned optos.

Thanks

#6717 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi we just bought an Alice Cooper BSE, it worked from the start and now it lowers volume and starta random crypt multiballs.
Any suggestions?
Cleaned optos.
Thanks

I would start by reflowing the crypt optos!

#6718 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Any suggestions?
Cleaned optos.
Thanks

Check your IDC connectors where the optos plug into the little board under the playfield. I was having those same issues and it ended up being a loose connection because an opto wire wasn't punched into the connector all the way.

#6719 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Check your IDC connectors where the optos plug into the little board under the playfield. I was having those same issues and it ended up being a loose connection because an opto wire wasn't punched into the connector all the way.

Of course check all connections first,and if all good reflow

#6720 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Of course check all connections first,and if all good reflow

Thanks for all response, i checked all
even checked optos.
All seemed correct.
So put it back in, same problem.

Then i swapped balls, havent had an issue since that. Played about 5 full games without a problem.

#6721 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Thanks for all response, i checked all
even checked optos.
All seemed correct.
So put it back in, same problem.
Then i swapped balls, havent had an issue since that. Played about 5 full games without a problem.

Sounds good to me!,

#6722 2 years ago

sometimes when I block the ball on the left ramp and lock the second ball in the crypt (behind the target)
the game stays blocked and doesn't send me a third ball in the launch ball ejector, the game stays blocked,
I looked and there are 2 more balls available ready to be launched
i must shutdown and restart the pinball
anyone have an idea? game is up to date

thanks

#6723 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

sometimes when I block the ball on the left ramp and lock the second ball in the crypt (behind the target)
the game stays blocked and doesn't send me a third ball in the launch ball ejector, the game stays blocked,
I looked and there are 2 more balls available ready to be launched
i must shutdown and restart the pinball
anyone have an idea? game is up to date
thanks
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"998f3698441ff9a1218dce8687e7456b643d7ad7-1634216780-1800"};
//]]>

Check if they are magnetized, I had similar issue that went away after I switched the balls.

#6724 2 years ago

Thanks i will check

#6725 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Check if they are magnetized, I had similar issue that went away after I switched the balls.

I also experienced this and replacing the balls solved the issue.

I have noticed that in the 6+ months I've owned the game, I've had to replace the balls twice due to magnetization.

Does this game just super magnetize them more than other pins or what?

#6726 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I also experienced this and replacing the balls solved the issue.
I have noticed that in the 6+ months I've owned the game, I've had to replace the balls twice due to magnetization.

Have you installed two magnet core plastic protectors? See post #2361 in this thread for info. Adhesive backed circular clear plastic mounts over the magnet core which seems to prevent the magnetization of pinball. Remember to lower the magnet core same amount as plastic thickness so finish height is flush with pf. Covered the magnet core at top of pf as well. Good luck.

#6727 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Don’t know about that - but batches of balls can be bad. I got 50 from Ball Baron a while back that all went magnetic - in games with no magnets. If they clank together in shipment, that can do it too.

Remember to use standard balls in games with magnets - not the super shiny ones.

rd

#6728 2 years ago

My game is all raw and never had magnetized balls.

#6729 2 years ago

This is my wife’s favorite topper. Unfortunately, it stopped working. Easy to service/open. Blew the fuse and gonna replace the brain servo (suspect it was going out and that’s what blew the fuse). Wish me luck!

#6730 2 years ago

Gettin it sorted.

3082667B-F19F-44F2-A53D-2FF3AFB46DEF (resized).jpeg3082667B-F19F-44F2-A53D-2FF3AFB46DEF (resized).jpeg75F5E0F6-8A4D-4ABC-9DA5-C306BAA1B386 (resized).jpeg75F5E0F6-8A4D-4ABC-9DA5-C306BAA1B386 (resized).jpeg
#6731 2 years ago

Hello guys! I'm about to rebuild the flippers and while gathering the parts I will need, I would like to also replace thee flipper's bushings but I cannot find a part number. Can someone please point me to the right (nylon) bushing I will need to complete my rebuild?

Many many thanks!

~ja

#6732 2 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello guys! I'm about to rebuild the flippers and while gathering the parts I will need, I would like to also replace thee flipper's bushings but I cannot find a part number. Can someone please point me to the right (nylon) bushing I will need to complete my rebuild?
Many many thanks!
~ja

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0199-00

#6734 2 years ago

1- does anyone know if it's possible to get a report showing the errors on the game? bad switch , optos or coils?
i'm interested in checking if everything on the game is still good

2- possible to rebuild the flippers with WPC95 parts? seems to be the same?

#6735 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

1- does anyone know if it's possible to get a report showing the errors on the game? bad switch , optos or coils?

The bushing might be a custom Spooky instead of generic WPC, and I'm not sure which coil stop it should use. Also Spooky uses a different return spring, but I changed mine to WPC and it's been fine

#6736 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

1. No. Nothing was programmed in.
2. Yes. Same parts as WPC / WPC95.

#6737 2 years ago

Any way to know what code I'm on? I can't find it in any of the menus, nor does it seem to be on any attract screen. It's gotta be somewhere but I'm stumped or oblivious. I assume I'm on 1.1.0.5 (the latest) but I don't know that for sure, and I also can't find a log of code update history on their site.

#6738 2 years ago

To those with the topper. Mine stopped working. Blew the fuse. Replaced it and it works again…accept, Mr brain seems to move less (code thing? Have the latest code) and the dials don’t move. Anyone opened it and know the correct connection pins…I may have accidentally changed a connection. If nobody knows, that’s cool…I’ll hit up AJ at spooky or maybe that servo went bad.

#6739 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Any way to know what code I'm on? I can't find it in any of the menus, nor does it seem to be on any attract screen. It's gotta be somewhere but I'm stumped or oblivious. I assume I'm on 1.1.0.5 (the latest) but I don't know that for sure, and I also can't find a log of code update history on their site.

I’m sure it’s in the script lines when you first turn it on. You can also tell by the fang club graphic that scrolls through with the other images. That was included on the last update.

#6740 2 years ago
Quoted from Paulatron:

I’m sure it’s in the script lines when you first turn it on. You can also tell by the fang club graphic that scrolls through with the other images. That was included on the last update.

PXL_20211022_023408582.jpgPXL_20211022_023408582.jpg

So should the code version be on this screen or it just changed looks? I'm pretty sure there were Fang Club screens on older code, but this does look different as far as I can remember. Oh well, I'll just download and install it, only way to be sure.

#6741 2 years ago

Would be awesome to have another new code to complete this excellent game.
Would be nice to get e.g. other Mystery Awards…
Any information available about that?

#6742 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

1. No. Nothing was programmed in.
2. Yes. Same parts as WPC / WPC95.

How to check if the pinball is working fine ? any feedback?
i don't know if it's still the problem of the magnetic balls but 2 balls are blocked in Frankenstein
when i turn the pinball machine off and on, balls are still stuck
any ideas ?

I was frustrated because I play every day and not being able to play it was a blow to the head. ACNC is really really a great game for me

#6743 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

How to check if the pinball is working fine ? any feedback?
i don't know if it's still the problem of the magnetic balls but 2 balls are blocked in Frankenstein
when i turn the pinball machine off and on, balls are still stuck
any ideas ?
I was frustrated because I play every day and not being able to play it was a blow to the head. ACNC is really really a great game for me

There is a TEST menu, and ou can test the servos in there. Sounds like either Frank is stuck or the rear diverter is stuck. ... Or both.

#6744 2 years ago

Well, happened to me yesterday.

MPU is probably dead?

Starts up, blue box "Enter password" and a grey on-screen keyboard.
Seems the on board storage or the SD storage (not sure what the MPU uses) is toast.

I've emailed Spooky already.

Any other tips?

#6745 2 years ago

Try to reload the code

And/or

Remove the mpu battery, say a bunch of swear words ( wait 20 secs). Then put battery back in. With the machine off. Fixed mine, worth a try for you

Quoted from pb456:

Well, happened to me yesterday.
MPU is probably dead?
Starts up, blue box "Enter password" and a grey on-screen keyboard.
Seems the on board storage or the SD storage (not sure what the MPU uses) is toast.
I've emailed Spooky already.
Any other tips?

#6746 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Just to answer my own question and put the info out there in case anyone needs it, under 1.1.0.4 (and earlier?) there wasn't any way to know what code you were on except during a boot up screen, under 1.1.0.5 it says so on the top of the settings screen.

#6747 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Would be awesome to have another new code to complete this excellent game.
Would be nice to get e.g. other Mystery Awards…
Any information available about that?

I know!! Spooky sometimes does stuff to celebrate Halloween…

#6748 2 years ago

Hi again,
My problems are back with random shoot up of balls.
Random crypt multiball.
Happens even when I just start the ball and let it sit in shooter lane. Then it starts random things skillshots etc.

Any suggestions, I have tried reflowing optos and swapping out. Could someone be kind and take a picture of the opto board where it connects. Incase i misplaced the connections.
Other than that I have no clue how to get this game going again.

Any help would be awesome!

#6749 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi again,
My problems are back with random shoot up of balls.
Random crypt multiball.
Happens even when I just start the ball and let it sit in shooter lane. Then it starts random things skillshots etc.
Any suggestions, I have tried reflowing optos and swapping out. Could someone be kind and take a picture of the opto board where it connects. Incase i misplaced the connections.
Other than that I have no clue how to get this game going again.
Any help would be awesome!

Only time it doesnt happen anything is when opto of crypt is disconnected. So clearly the problem is located around there.

#6750 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Only time it doesnt happen anything is when opto of crypt is disconnected. So clearly the problem is located around there.

Have you tried reflowing the crypt optos?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.