(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,732 posts
  • 354 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by thirdedition
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3082667B-F19F-44F2-A53D-2FF3AFB46DEF (resized).jpeg
75F5E0F6-8A4D-4ABC-9DA5-C306BAA1B386 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2097 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2093 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2096 (resized).jpeg
7A5EB4A3-2CD1-4D92-AD5A-C3FDC12FBEDD.jpeg
BCDF93B2-5FB3-447D-A94D-FE57A937B90A.jpeg
IMG_2046 (resized).JPG
IMG_2047 (resized).JPG
C52E7F66-46EF-4D2C-99C7-96CC870C7404 (resized).jpeg
Screen (resized).jpg
3D (resized).jpg
compare (resized).jpg
937AC85A-5532-4250-9D01-51787DACA4CD (resized).jpeg
55FB6F1D-46DB-4517-B76A-D019B9F80C07 (resized).jpeg
69ABB455-2DC2-41FE-85A6-3066F59C79DF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6732 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 135.
#6701 45 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

My acnc is not releasing the ball at end of game from the crypt lock. Spooky does not call customers just text assistance. Not sure why this is to be honest. Switch is not releasing ball. Any idea what this could be? In test switch not working. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

If a switch isn't working correctly in game nor switch test, and works sometimes and not others, my first thought would be to check the connection. Is the solder good? Is it broken and barely making a connection? My entire focus would be immediately on the lugs of that switch.

#6702 45 days ago

Yes reflow the optos,my crypt was doing all kinds of strange things,it takes a bit to get to the optos but nothing to bad!
Take a look at the right standup target there are three next to the crept that changes the mode,when you shoot the far right target it looks to me that even though there is a rubber there it still looks like it can hit the back of the opto,anyway I reflowed mine and it fixed all strange behavior!

#6703 45 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Lol. This game does this all the time. Who knows what it is now. Switch works off and on. Now it won’t release the ball and end of game. A great design. Lol

I'm sorry, but does the drop-target release coil work? I mean, instead of passive-agressively blaming Spooky for not calling you outright, you could be looking into the game, and checking. The fact the switch works 'sometimes' is a definite problem you should fix, and then as just mentioned, check that the drop target test reports everything is good.

#6704 43 days ago

Installed RGB speakers and ACNC speaker covers today.

YEAHHHHH!!!! FIIII-YAHHHH!!!!!!

Got them from http://www.kimballspinballs.com/

He sent me plenty of texts and worked with me a ton. Super nice. Highly recommended.

IMG-2093 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2097 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2096 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#6705 24 days ago

Can anyone tell me the depth of the head with this title? Is it like houdini or normal like R&M?

#6706 24 days ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Can anyone tell me the depth of the head with this title? Is it like houdini or normal like R&M?

Normal

#6707 24 days ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Same head as R&M

#6708 23 days ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Same head as R&M

Thanks guys. Joined the club today. Extremely low play machine. Still had the tilt bob stapled inside. Only 15 games in but wow, I'm impressed. Very fun game.

1 week later
#6709 15 days ago

Anyone know how to reset high scores on this game? I can't find the option in settings anywhere. Do I have to reset audits? That would be annoying if that's the only way as I use my audit data.

#6710 14 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Anyone know how to reset high scores on this game? I can't find the option in settings anywhere. Do I have to reset audits? That would be annoying if that's the only way as I use my audit data.

AFAIK, there is (currently) no way to reset high scores, sadly.

#6711 14 days ago

Well, there is one way......

#6712 14 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, there is one way......

Code update, you say?!

#6713 14 days ago

No, just beat the existing ones.

#6714 14 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, just beat the existing ones.

Well then. Two ways.

#6715 10 days ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well then. Two ways.

I don't think the latest code updates erase high scores now?

#6716 7 days ago

Hi we just bought an Alice Cooper BSE, it worked from the start and now it lowers volume and starta random crypt multiballs.

Any suggestions?

Done test which all drop targets passed several times.

Cleaned optos.

Thanks

#6717 7 days ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi we just bought an Alice Cooper BSE, it worked from the start and now it lowers volume and starta random crypt multiballs.
Any suggestions?
Cleaned optos.
Thanks

I would start by reflowing the crypt optos!

#6718 7 days ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Any suggestions?
Cleaned optos.
Thanks

Check your IDC connectors where the optos plug into the little board under the playfield. I was having those same issues and it ended up being a loose connection because an opto wire wasn't punched into the connector all the way.

#6719 7 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Check your IDC connectors where the optos plug into the little board under the playfield. I was having those same issues and it ended up being a loose connection because an opto wire wasn't punched into the connector all the way.

Of course check all connections first,and if all good reflow

#6720 7 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Of course check all connections first,and if all good reflow

Thanks for all response, i checked all
even checked optos.
All seemed correct.
So put it back in, same problem.

Then i swapped balls, havent had an issue since that. Played about 5 full games without a problem.

#6721 7 days ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Thanks for all response, i checked all
even checked optos.
All seemed correct.
So put it back in, same problem.
Then i swapped balls, havent had an issue since that. Played about 5 full games without a problem.

Sounds good to me!,

#6722 5 days ago

sometimes when I block the ball on the left ramp and lock the second ball in the crypt (behind the target)
the game stays blocked and doesn't send me a third ball in the launch ball ejector, the game stays blocked,
I looked and there are 2 more balls available ready to be launched
i must shutdown and restart the pinball
anyone have an idea? game is up to date

thanks

#6723 5 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

sometimes when I block the ball on the left ramp and lock the second ball in the crypt (behind the target)
the game stays blocked and doesn't send me a third ball in the launch ball ejector, the game stays blocked,
I looked and there are 2 more balls available ready to be launched
i must shutdown and restart the pinball
anyone have an idea? game is up to date
thanks
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"998f3698441ff9a1218dce8687e7456b643d7ad7-1634216780-1800"};
//]]>

Check if they are magnetized, I had similar issue that went away after I switched the balls.

#6724 5 days ago

Thanks i will check

#6725 5 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Check if they are magnetized, I had similar issue that went away after I switched the balls.

I also experienced this and replacing the balls solved the issue.

I have noticed that in the 6+ months I've owned the game, I've had to replace the balls twice due to magnetization.

Does this game just super magnetize them more than other pins or what?

#6726 5 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I also experienced this and replacing the balls solved the issue.
I have noticed that in the 6+ months I've owned the game, I've had to replace the balls twice due to magnetization.

Have you installed two magnet core plastic protectors? See post #2361 in this thread for info. Adhesive backed circular clear plastic mounts over the magnet core which seems to prevent the magnetization of pinball. Remember to lower the magnet core same amount as plastic thickness so finish height is flush with pf. Covered the magnet core at top of pf as well. Good luck.

#6727 5 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Don’t know about that - but batches of balls can be bad. I got 50 from Ball Baron a while back that all went magnetic - in games with no magnets. If they clank together in shipment, that can do it too.

Remember to use standard balls in games with magnets - not the super shiny ones.

rd

#6728 5 days ago

My game is all raw and never had magnetized balls.

#6729 4 days ago

This is my wife’s favorite topper. Unfortunately, it stopped working. Easy to service/open. Blew the fuse and gonna replace the brain servo (suspect it was going out and that’s what blew the fuse). Wish me luck!

#6730 3 days ago

Gettin it sorted.

3082667B-F19F-44F2-A53D-2FF3AFB46DEF (resized).jpeg75F5E0F6-8A4D-4ABC-9DA5-C306BAA1B386 (resized).jpeg
#6731 1 day ago

Hello guys! I'm about to rebuild the flippers and while gathering the parts I will need, I would like to also replace thee flipper's bushings but I cannot find a part number. Can someone please point me to the right (nylon) bushing I will need to complete my rebuild?

Many many thanks!

~ja

#6732 9 hours ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello guys! I'm about to rebuild the flippers and while gathering the parts I will need, I would like to also replace thee flipper's bushings but I cannot find a part number. Can someone please point me to the right (nylon) bushing I will need to complete my rebuild?
Many many thanks!
~ja

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0199-00

There are 6732 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 135.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside