(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,571 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Aeolus7
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

45C23A03-C213-44FC-8FF7-F60FFE803C0A (resized).jpeg
E63D5CED-BE23-4C05-AF3B-917FBD9E4427 (resized).jpeg
70A11B9B-9F1A-4C1C-BDA4-CD86A62A21D5 (resized).jpeg
2C11A180-7F24-4153-B5F3-DDCF847D8C52 (resized).jpeg
B6801999-D39B-4C1A-9981-3FCE7ED3B02B (resized).jpeg
20210709_124125 (resized).jpg
20210709_123712 (resized).jpg
20210709_123607 (resized).jpg
20210709_123703 (resized).jpg
20210709_123520 (resized).jpg
20210709_124154 (resized).jpg
47FC459B-57C8-4B74-A217-7982BEBA012E (resized).jpeg
237C6095-1621-4A2C-ADB6-785026368062 (resized).jpeg
5C2711C3-F2A2-4317-8A75-BFCB8E36A3CA (resized).jpeg
20210622_140934 (resized).jpg
5FDFDBAA-1CE1-41B5-B620-BD032678B987 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6571 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 132.
#6501 21 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

My Alice pin is set to arrive sometime this Monday and this will be the first pin Ive got to unbox and setup myself. Having never done this before any advice/tips for a complete novice from some more experienced folks would be greatly appreciated.

Inspect it well! The driver will wait. Mine was totaled on arrival. It got scavenged between the factory and my house. Once you sign for it, you own it! Do not skimp on this inspection!!! I refused it and Spooky sent me a new pin right away!

#6502 21 days ago

I opened mine when it was in my driveway to make sure it was all good to go. The driver was super excited because he had never delivered a pinball machine before, so that was nice.

#6503 21 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

My Alice pin is set to arrive sometime this Monday and this will be the first pin Ive got to unbox and setup myself. Having never done this before any advice/tips for a complete novice from some more experienced folks would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_nib_spooky_1.html

Here is how I unpacked my acnc.

#6504 21 days ago

Thank you all so much for the advice and tips, its truly appreciated! And thanks for the link to the detailed step by step method, it all helps huge and definitely makes me a little less nervous about tomorrow.

#6505 20 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Thank you all so much for the advice and tips, its truly appreciated! And thanks for the link to the detailed step by step method, it all helps huge and definitely makes me a little less nervous about tomorrow.

Make sure your coin door latch is in place and working, if not it is 100% a lemon and not worth keeping!

#6506 20 days ago

I've searched the forum and seen a few folks mention it, but it's happening to me every game now, so I figured I'd bring it up.

Whenever I'm in a multi ball, and get a ball locked in the danesi lock up there, the game won't spit out another ball from the trough. So I just sit in multiball, and the game continues to do a ball search, but nothing ever happens. I have to reach in and manually eject a ball into the shooter lane to get going again.

One time it did eject a locked frank ball as well as the danesi locked ball during ball search, but if I don't have a frank ball lock, the other never releases.

Otherwise, balls are detected in the trough though. Does this seem like a trough opto issue, or one of the switches? I haven't gone into switch mode testing yet (doing that tonight), but just figured I'd throw this out there while I was at work.

#6507 20 days ago

The balls might be magnetized, had similar issues and it was the balls.

#6508 20 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The balls might be magnetized, had similar issues and it was the balls.

I appreciate that suggestion. I was getting some other strange behavior, and I literally just replaced all the balls with new CARBON balls and the other weird hangups I was having went away. Unless these things have re-magnetized super quickly... I don't even think I've had the magnet save trigger more than 2 or 3 times since I replaced them all.

#6509 20 days ago

Mine magnetized pretty quick, til I used the ones chuckwurt suggested. There is a magnet also when you start a mode, so the balls could be getting stuck together.

Quoted from damadczar:

I appreciate that suggestion. I was getting some other strange behavior, and I literally just replaced all the balls with new CARBON balls and the other weird hangups I was having went away. Unless these things have re-magnetized super quickly... I don't even think I've had the magnet save trigger more than 2 or 3 times since I replaced them all.

#6510 20 days ago

My ACNC arrived a little while ago, thanks again to everyone for the tips and advice on receiving NIB pinball. Managed to check it over get it in the house and set it up thanks to everyones help. I seem to be having a few technical issues with it but other than that it seems ok.

#6511 20 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Quoted from bemmett:

Make sure your coin door latch is in place and working, if not it is 100% a lemon and not worth keeping!

SharkDiver, this is an old inside joke if you don't understand this!

#6512 20 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

SharkDiver, this is an old inside joke if you don't understand this!

I figured as much lol I'm a total newbie with all this

#6513 20 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

I figured as much lol I'm a total newbie with all this

Ya, some guy got his ACNC and threw a tantrum over the fact that his coin door lock/latch screw was loose and fell off. He returned the whole machine I think!!! So it's been a running joke ever since! LOL!!

#6514 20 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, some guy got his ACNC and threw a tantrum over the fact that his coin door lock/latch screw was loose and fell off. He returned the whole machine I think!!! So it's been a running joke ever since! LOL!!

Oh man lol seems a bit of an over reaction but what do I know? lol Im definitely having few issues with it but Im fairly certain its all pretty minor and fixable at least I hope so anyway. I'm pretty new to the hobby. Im a little bummed but Im not mad and definitely not returning it that's for sure lol

#6515 19 days ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Oh man lol seems a bit of an over reaction but what do I know? lol Im definitely having few issues with it but Im fairly certain its all pretty minor and fixable at least I hope so anyway. I'm pretty new to the hobby. Im a little bummed but Im not mad and definitely not returning it that's for sure lol

Small issues are always to be expected on a new pin. It's part of the hobby, also the way you learn how to fix things.

#6516 19 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Small issues are always to be expected on a new pin. It's part of the hobby, also the way you learn how to fix things.

Yea for sure! Im learning that very quickly. Having issues with the drop targets/locks not working with this. The drop targets are just staying retracted in the playfield and not popping up at all. So Im assuming that's why the ball locks aren't working for Cold Ethyl and the Frankenstein monster. I had an issue with one of the slings just firing randomly but it seems Ive managed to resolve that. The left wire ramp from the upper playfield has a short section that seems to be too small for the ball so it gets stuck right at the bend above the scoop. The ball sits on top of the rails for a short length of it. It widens again as it makes the slight turn to return to the flipper. Im not mad, a little bummed out but these things happen I understand that. I figure as long as nothing is outright broken its probably easily fixed or tweaked. I reached out to Spooky for some help since I have zero idea what Im doing. Game is super fun so I can only imagine how much better it will be when everything is working correctly!

#6517 19 days ago

I am still working on getting my ACNC working 100% with Frank Mech. It's my procrastination that is slowing it down and the fact I am just having a crappy roller coaster of issues with other games ATM.

Big Questions:

Is there a Frank Mech Mod for Stucky balls on the Castle parts.

Any other Gotta have mods? I saw the ugly tree one.

I fell in love with this game pretty quick though. People that say Spooky games play slow. ('Don't know sh!t')
This game is pretty brutal and I just love the orbit flow. Couple minor tweaks I would make if I had access to the
code from timing and ball search functions.

#6518 19 days ago

With the fantastic assistance from AJ at Spooky pretty much all the issues have been fixed up. The last thing discovered is a couple of crossed wires on this connector. Not totally sure on how to pop those wires out and switch them, Im guessing some sort of wire punch tool

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I am still working on getting my ACNC working 100% with Frank Mech. It's my procrastination that is slowing it down and the fact I am just having a crappy roller coaster of issues with other games ATM.
Big Questions:
Is there a Frank Mech Mod for Stucky balls on the Castle parts.
Any other Gotta have mods? I saw the ugly tree one.
I fell in love with this game pretty quick though. People that say Spooky games play slow. ('Don't know sh!t')
This game is pretty brutal and I just love the orbit flow. Couple minor tweaks I would make if I had access to the
code from timing and ball search functions.

Yep Im loving the game so far as far as what Ive experienced, yes shots are tight but I find it super fun and not impossible and when I hit some combos and things its super satisfying.

Ive got things pretty much sorted out out now with AJ from Spooky help. Last thing we've discovered is a two wires are crossed in the 5 pin red connector that marries the upper and lower playfields. The two grey wires with stripes are reversed on the connector ends so according to AJ I need to repunch those two wires so both ends match up. I'm just not totally sure on how to do that properly. Like do the wires just pop out do I snip them what size tool should I look for at Home Depot
etc.

#6519 18 days ago

So I was playing game last night and somehow shot the ball while Frank was raised and the ball made it somehow under the ramp. Took some creative thinking and magnetic wizardry to get it out.

Anyone know how to bulletproof this issue?

#6520 18 days ago

Frank shouldn’t be raised unless he is releasing the two locked balls. I had to replace the gear for frank because the original lost it’s teeth connection to the servo causing it to be unreliable and stick in whatever position it last made it to.

#6521 18 days ago

I just received word from Spooky that my game should be loaded on the truck today. Very excited! Said I have 24 hours to report any issues. They are going to simply drop off the box at my address....

#6522 13 days ago

I am officially part of the club! Received my game today. Really loving it so far. Some hard shots but the out lanes are really forgiving which is good because the shots are super tight.

I did a search on the forum and couldn't find my answer...... Is there a cliffy available for the shooter lane or the scoop?

#6523 13 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I am officially part of the club! Received my game today. Really loving it so far. Some hard shots but the out lanes are really forgiving which is good because the shots are super tight.
I did a search on the forum and couldn't find my answer...... Is there a cliffy available for the shooter lane or the scoop?

Last I checked with Cliff, he did not have access to an ACNC to use as a template, so unless something changed, no.

#6524 13 days ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Last I checked with Cliff, he did not have access to an ACNC to use as a template, so unless something changed, no.

Got it. OK. Will mylar the shooter lane then at least. Need to do the same with Rob Zombie.

#6525 13 days ago

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Display Mod

If anyone is interested, here is the link for a ACNC display mod. The image quality is far better as this slants the display back so you get a straight on view and get rid of the wash out. Contrast is much improved. To see this, get down on your knees and observe the improvement in the display image quality.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5385897

#6526 13 days ago

While you are kneeling in front of the machine, have a game.

Great way to sort the men from the boys. Have to change the way your hands meet the machine is all. A cushion is your knees friend.

#6527 13 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

While you are kneeling in front of the machine, have a game.
Great way to sort the men from the boys. Have to change the way your hands meet the machine is all. A cushion is your knees friend.

Tried that! It's tough!!

#6528 12 days ago

Had anyone come up for a mod for the Frank Mech.. Where it feeds one of the other Tunnel mechs if a ball gets back there.
Be cool if it could be rigged for kinetic feed to tunnel system..

I've been thinking there has to be some clever way to keep myself from finding the one moment in this game I happen to find issue that
is such a small % of users. It's like the Saucer shot in ATFM or the wedge a ball under the a top right flipper stall tactic.

Perhaps,

Its' the Servo Top setting...

I had to reset them recently perhaps the Servo is the key. One a ball finds it back there I got to use
"Pinball Life's" bendable magnet tool to fish it out. - It's a gotta have for any game really.

I suppose this isn't an issue if you slow your role but I'm all into Pinball Flow vs Tournament winner slow.

Gah hope that made sense.. Gotta stop dreaming of getting in a game while fixing these API bugs.. b

#6529 12 days ago

I'm still just working through the rules of this game. Just noticed the drop target on the upper playfield never comes up. Is this normal? Will it come up for some mode later on or should it start the game with it being up?

#6530 12 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm still just working through the rules of this game. Just noticed the drop target on the upper playfield never comes up. Is this normal? Will it come up for some mode later on or should it start the game with it being up?

It should be up most of the time. At the very minimum, after you lock ball 1 in frank via the left ramp, the drop target should be up, and then you need to hit it down and shoot the upper left ramp to lock the second ball

#6531 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It should be up most of the time. At the very minimum, after you lock ball 1 in frank via the left ramp, the drop target should be up, and then you need to hit it down and shoot the upper left ramp to lock the second ball

OK thanks. I know I have locked a ball a few times. Never came up. Will go to the tests and see what happens....

#6532 12 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK thanks. I know I have locked a ball a few times. Never came up. Will go to the tests and see what happens....

That coil is not firing in the switch test. Will contact Spooky.

#6533 11 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

That coil is not firing in the switch test. Will contact Spooky.

Had this exact same issue with mine. Driver was dead on the solenoid node board. They should be able to send you another. And then, THEN, you'll be able to start Frankenstein Multiball.

#6534 11 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Had this exact same issue with mine. Driver was dead on the solenoid node board. They should be able to send you another. And then, THEN, you'll be able to start Frankenstein Multiball.

Thanks for this. I went through diagnostics last night with support and concluded all the wiring is fine. I jumped the coil and it fired no problem. Wire from driver board to coil tested good. I'm not getting anything from the driver board during switch test. I'm going to mention this when I call today since at least its happened before.

#6535 11 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks for this. I went through diagnostics last night with support and concluded all the wiring is fine. I jumped the coil and it fired no problem. Wire from driver board to coil tested good. I'm not getting anything from the driver board during switch test. I'm going to mention this when I call today since at least its happened before.

I swapped boards until they sent me the new one, as the same driver in the other location (the other board) only handles like the Start Button (or Launcher Button) or something unnecessary. Not that I recommend this, but that's how I tested to find out it was the board.

#6536 11 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I swapped boards until they sent me the new one, as the same driver in the other location (the other board) only handles like the Start Button (or Launcher Button) or something unnecessary. Not that I recommend this, but that's how I tested to find out it was the board.

Good news. It seems a few of them went out the door with 2 wires being swapped at the connector. My eyes are terrible. I didn't see the stripes on the wires otherwise I should have caught it earlier. Once I swapped the 2 wires all is right in the world now! Very happy it was an easy fix.

#6537 11 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Good news. It seems a few of them went out the door with 2 wires being swapped at the connector. My eyes are terrible. I didn't see the stripes on the wires otherwise I should have caught it earlier. Once I swapped the 2 wires all is right in the world now! Very happy it was an easy fix.

Aweosme! Even easier!

#6538 9 days ago

Not sure if this is a software bug.

Playing today, in Werewolf monster mode. I had shot one green shot and then hit the three targets, went up to the upper play field and shot the guillotine. This was the second cut of this game. The guillotine partly lowered and trapped the ball. The game then froze until it went into lost ball check, which caused the guillotine trapdoor to lower. Both this ball and the ball in the crypt to be released.

Tried to replicate with the glass off. Not successful.

Anyone else experienced this kind of issue.

Running the latest version of the code.

#6539 9 days ago

Just got word from Spooky my ACNC is ready to ship! Boo ya!

#6540 9 days ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Just got word from Spooky my ACNC is ready to ship! Boo ya!

Mine was #495. Curious what yours will be. This game is really hard. I'm not great at pinball and its really kicking my ass!

#6541 9 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine was #495. Curious what yours will be. This game is really hard. I'm not great at pinball and its really kicking my ass!

Yep, but it has made me a better pinball player because of it. My game play on Tales from the Crypt and Pinbot has shot up because of ACNC.

#6542 8 days ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

Not sure if this is a software bug.
Playing today, in Werewolf monster mode. I had shot one green shot and then hit the three targets, went up to the upper play field and shot the guillotine. This was the second cut of this game. The guillotine partly lowered and trapped the ball. The game then froze until it went into lost ball check, which caused the guillotine trapdoor to lower. Both this ball and the ball in the crypt to be released.
Tried to replicate with the glass off. Not successful.
Anyone else experienced this kind of issue.
Running the latest version of the code.

Very difficult to understand what you're saying here. Let me say a few things instead.

After the first shot hitting the guillotine, it's supposed to lower a tad to allow the ball on the 2nd shot to get trapped. This is normal. My guess is that you made the 2nd guillotine shot, the ball sat there, and after a while the game went into ball search mode. If this is the case, and you couldn't replicate this problem with the class off, then the opto before the guillotine may need to be wiped clean or adjusted a tad.

#6543 8 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I’ll report back on the number. I only played it once on location, but have heard how tight the shots are. I’m not a great player myself, but I will say that getting beat up over & over again on AMH has really improved my saves and flipper skills and owning a Shadow really improved my accuracy & ability to hit combos. Good code also gives motivation to keep trying, hopefully you find that with ACNC!

#6544 8 days ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I’ll report back on the number. I only played it once on location, but have heard how tight the shots are. I’m not a great player myself, but I will say that getting beat up over & over again on AMH has really improved my saves and flipper skills and owning a Shadow really improved my accuracy & ability to hit combos. Good code also gives motivation to keep trying, hopefully you find that with ACNC!

I say this.. Alice improved my dead flips huge! It's a must or you die horribly!

#6545 8 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I say this.. Alice improved my dead flips huge! It's a must or you die horribly!

Awesome, I like my odds in that case. I feel confident about my dead flips, just haven’t translated that into great scores yet!

#6546 8 days ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I really really like playing it for sure. I'm motivated to keep trying and I know its going to improve my play. Its fun to watch Bowen's tutorial which makes me want to sell all my machines! haha.

#6547 8 days ago

I bought mine used and have had my fair share of problems but when it is playing I love it.

The game I have has a phantom left ramp opto that goes off randomly. It is not the o-to nut one of the wires under the playfield I believe.

The game will definitely make you shoot better it’s hard as hell but that is what I like about it.

#6548 6 days ago
Quoted from VermontPinball:

Very difficult to understand what you're saying here. Let me say a few things instead.
After the first shot hitting the guillotine, it's supposed to lower a tad to allow the ball on the 2nd shot to get trapped. This is normal. My guess is that you made the 2nd guillotine shot, the ball sat there, and after a while the game went into ball search mode. If this is the case, and you couldn't replicate this problem with the class off, then the opto before the guillotine may need to be wiped clean or adjusted a tad.

My game is generally not doing that lowering on the second guillotine shot. Most times, the ball just rolls through and registers another cut/shot. I still have the odd phantom skill shot awarded before the ball is even plunged. Still need to go through all the connectors again….

#6549 5 days ago

What advise do people have as to how to best dial in ACNC? What’s some specifics you’ve done to make the game play even better?

#6550 5 days ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

What advise do people have as to how to best dial in ACNC? What’s some specifics you’ve done to make the game play even better?

Greatest thing I've done so far is to lift the playfield and lower the two switches on the Secret Passage path a little bit. Now weak shots up the Secret Passage don't get caught on the switches (which were too high), but normal shots through there come blazing out. You may have to fiddle a bit as you don't want to lower them too much. I find that bending the small right angle bend that normally lays flat against the playfield lowers the switch enough to get by.

There are 6571 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside