(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 161.
#6301 3 years ago

Given your purchase to do over again, would you still buy ACNC? I'm looking to get one this weekend. I've really wanted to pick one up for some time now. Had to drop my pre-order spot years ago due to financial issues. Looking for some validation.

#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Given your purchase to do over again, would you still buy ACNC? I'm looking to get one this weekend. I've really wanted to pick one up for some time now. Had to drop my pre-order spot years ago due to financial issues. Looking for some validation.

Hell yeah.

#6303 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

YES!

#6305 3 years ago

I’m looking to get one.

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Yes. Great game. In my opinion it's better than R&M and TNA which I also owned.

#6307 3 years ago

Validation affirmed. Thanks all.

#6308 3 years ago

Question, Has anyone had ball drain not ending the ball issues. It started happening and Did some ball trough switch adjustments and seem to go away for a day and then after installing Pinstadium lights yesterday it started again. I also at the same time have an issue that when you lock the second ball on Frankenstein it does not start the Frankenstein multi-ball.. Not sure if it is related because I tested and adjusted that switch when doing the trough switches and both issues disappeared after and now both are back..

#6309 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Question, Has anyone had ball drain not ending the ball issues. It started happening and did some ball trough switch adjustments and seem to go away for a day and then after installing Pinstadium lights yesterday it started again. I also at the same time have an issue that when you lock the second ball on Frankenstein it does not start the Frankenstein multi-ball.. Not sure if it is related because I tested and adjusted that switch when doing the trough switches and both issues disappeared after and now both are back..

#6310 3 years ago

Duplicate post

#6311 3 years ago

I had similar issues (not the frank issue though) and it was magnetized balls.

#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It scores, gives a light effect and sound effect.
Other than a 'mode' or 'super spinner' thing, the spinner does what it's supposed to. It spins.

When you rip the spinners it activates the Alice bug hurry up.

#6313 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

ACNC is the best spooky game!

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I thought once you locked in the monster It gives you the bug hurry up, not just the spinner.

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I dunno, i love Rob Zombie too.

#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Quoted from finnflash:

I thought once you locked in the monster It gives you the bug hurry up, not just the spinner.

As far as I am aware, the bug is always in a room - unsure if it is random or not. You move from the foyer into a room, you have a chance to running into the Fly. So far, I have gotten the fly regardless of whether I 'ripped' the spinner or not, and it's not always been on the first room out of the foyer. But - I admit I haven't been giving it my full attention.

#6317 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As far as I am aware, the bug is always in a room - unsure if it is random or not. You move from the foyer into a room, you have a chance to running into the Fly. So far, I have gotten the fly regardless of whether I 'ripped' the spinner or not, and it's not always been on the first room out of the foyer. But - I admit I haven't been giving it my full attention.

I think your right. I just played and it did seem to randomly pop up.

#6318 3 years ago

the Alice fly (bug) has nothing to do with the spinner. On the display there is a hint ( I hear a buzzing sound from...) in which room the Alice fly can be found.

#6319 3 years ago

I don't think the spinner ever does anything besides from raising the shot value in Insects mode. Older versions of the code I think had Super Spinner judging by the original ruleset fawzma posted a long time ago, but it seems to have been removed at some point and never added back in? Would be really cool to have that be a little mini mode at like, 5 chops or something? Just boost the spinner value and add a cool sound effect

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Absolutely. I love the difficulty, the sounds, the music, the rules, the art work, etc. I got it last February and I still play it pretty regularly. The code is nearly perfect imo.

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

There were two different guys selling the speaker panel decal both were different designs. Here is a video of the one I have being installed.....the guy lives in Canada.

And this one was produced by ArcadeVideo who was mentioned.

Here's the other one....

Mark still has a few remaining for $50 including shipping. You can PayPal Mark directly at [email protected]. Please use the Family option to avoid fees.

M&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpgM&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpg

IMG_4945.JPGIMG_4945.JPG
#6322 3 years ago

Was playing last night, and it occured to me -

Does anyone else really not care about 'Combo' shots? Or am I the only one that just couldn't care whether I made a combo shot or not?

#6323 3 years ago

Joining the club Sunday. Can’t wait.

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Does anyone else really not care about 'Combo' shots? Or am I the only one that just couldn't care whether I made a combo shot or not?

No, I like combos, I'm happy when I make them and that the game notices (and awards me).

I do like that the rules don't require something like a 5-way combo to be made - I don't like being forced to make them.

#6325 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I like them, I just wish they didn't flash every single arrow constantly

#6326 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

No, I like combos, I'm happy when I make them and that the game notices (and awards me).
I do like that the rules don't require something like a 5-way combo to be made - I don't like being forced to make them.

I agree with this. I love combo shots in general, and love love love it when a pin rewards me and makes a special sound for it. But I don't want to be forced to make a combo shot in general.

#6327 3 years ago

Combos are awesome on this game. I actually find that I get one and want to persue more!

#6328 3 years ago

Love combos on this or any machine.
Loving going for the 5 way on Attack From Mars. Got a 6 way on Theatre of Magic yesterday playing against a mate 12 million for the final shot, so nice to hear all the superlatives.

#6329 3 years ago

Huh, interesitng then. Thanks guys. I really couldn't care more, and honestly, the flashing lights after a single shot always mess me up because (IMHO the more important) shots are blanked out, and I forget what I should be shooting for. Heh.

#6330 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Joining the club Sunday. Can’t wait.

Did you buy that one in Maryland?

#6331 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Did you buy that one in Maryland?

No

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Hands down!!!!

#6333 3 years ago

W00t. Alice is in the house!

F8357E2F-2922-4AA1-BE7A-EDED50D89402 (resized).jpegF8357E2F-2922-4AA1-BE7A-EDED50D89402 (resized).jpeg
#6334 3 years ago

You can still buy it at alicecooperpinball.com

Bronze $7995
Silver $8995
Gold $10495

Man I wish I started collecting pinball earlier than 2019

#6335 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Bronze $7995
Silver $8995
Gold $10495

Whaaaat? I didn't know this. NIB ACNCs still exist? But you gotta by these premium versions that I had no idea you could get.

Interesting.

#6336 3 years ago

Finally got around to shooting a gameplay video demonstrating my ACNC with Pin Stadium NEO lighting installed. I only have Pin Stadiums installed in my ACNC and Houdini, but I really like the moderately increased general lighting and cool special effects (tied into shaker activation) that the NEO (diffused) adds without the striping effect on ramps, etc. that the original Pin Stadiums created.

Apologies for my mediocre skills. I was able to defeat Alice, but unfortunately, didn't start the Frank mode which has really cool lighting. A video of that mode w/ Pin Stadium lighting was posted previously in this club thread though.

#6337 3 years ago

Bronze $7995
Silver $8995
Gold $10495

The website reads as if the games are being built to order - but they are sold out according to Spooky (unless they reserved a portion for this website). My guess is the page is outdated - but it would be worth the call if you wanted NIB only. Secondary prices are still below bronze price if you are just looking to buy one used.

#6338 3 years ago

Picked it up today 7 hour total drive.

9F8D6185-3F6A-4FE0-9B99-D1CA30ED7228 (resized).jpeg9F8D6185-3F6A-4FE0-9B99-D1CA30ED7228 (resized).jpegCF4D093C-8AF8-42C0-9A72-0AE4426895F9 (resized).jpegCF4D093C-8AF8-42C0-9A72-0AE4426895F9 (resized).jpeg
#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Picked it up today 7 hour total drive.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to our nightmare!

And ... well worth the drive - enjoy!

#6340 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Finally got around to shooting a gameplay video demonstrating my ACNC with Pin Stadium NEO lighting installed. I only have Pin Stadiums installed in my ACNC and Houdini, but I really like the moderately increased general lighting and cool special effects (tied into shaker activation) that the NEO (diffused) adds without the striping effect on ramps, etc. that the original Pin Stadiums created.
Apologies for my mediocre skills. I was able to defeat Alice, but unfortunately, didn't start the Frank mode which has really cool lighting. A video of that mode w/ Pin Stadium lighting was posted previously in this club thread though.

The Neo lighting looks cool at certain times, but I can't bring myself to put down the $400+ versus just a simple poor man's hack for better PF lighting.

Looks like you changed out bulbs/plastics around the kickbacks for certain, I do see the UV lighting adding something to the game but not worth it to me. Any other reasons?

#6341 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

... Looks like you changed out bulbs/plastics around the kickbacks for certain, I do see the UV lighting adding something to the game but not worth it to me. Any other reasons?

I changed the sling/inlane plastics to fluorescent green, but no bulb changes. The NEO Pin Stadium lighting has two circuits - one that adds additional general lighting (subtle, but needed as ACNC is a comparatively dark game IMHO) and the second is activated when the shaker is.

Mods are generally expensive when it comes down to it. I think the bang for the buck is well worth it with this one, but to each their own.

#6342 2 years ago

My right Frank lock switch is lazy. If I don’t play for a few days I have to lift the switch arm a few times before it starts to register again. Spooky sent me a replacement and just wondering the best way to access this switch so I can replace it. Thanks!

#6343 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My right Frank lock switch is lazy. If I don’t play for a few days I have to lift the switch arm a few times before it starts to register again. Spooky sent me a replacement and just wondering the best way to access this switch so I can replace it. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/79#post-5468641

#6344 2 years ago

Thanks! Too lazy to search the thread.

#6345 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Thanks! Too lazy to search the thread.

That's where your switch gets it from

#6346 2 years ago

Ha ha. I’m also reliable and work constantly.

#6347 2 years ago

ou can still buy it at alicecooperpinball.com

Bronze $7995
Silver $8995
Gold $10495

No you can't... that's not our website, and should have been taken down long ago. It was a limited time charity game package.

Always come to the source for correct information.

#6348 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If you prop up the back of the play field you can easily get access to the switch without having to remove anything.. I have a post a few pages back about it.

#6349 2 years ago

Excellent idea, I’ll have to do that next. I added a few visual enhancements, what do ya think? All are fully reversible. 75802FA7-EAA2-4E25-B01B-5A67E50AE17F (resized).jpeg75802FA7-EAA2-4E25-B01B-5A67E50AE17F (resized).jpeg0C0D1718-D50F-41BB-BC16-6DD380E4DB31 (resized).jpeg0C0D1718-D50F-41BB-BC16-6DD380E4DB31 (resized).jpeg5D5B2D3B-B41B-40C7-94F1-3915A0F1CAB4 (resized).jpeg5D5B2D3B-B41B-40C7-94F1-3915A0F1CAB4 (resized).jpegB1664E07-4DC3-480B-8BF5-D1AD41CAB1B1 (resized).jpegB1664E07-4DC3-480B-8BF5-D1AD41CAB1B1 (resized).jpegA0A3570E-1D7A-4356-9142-6F663AEB8B5D (resized).jpegA0A3570E-1D7A-4356-9142-6F663AEB8B5D (resized).jpeg0FBA141D-815A-4FC0-BAD3-FDD5C494C6CE (resized).jpeg0FBA141D-815A-4FC0-BAD3-FDD5C494C6CE (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6350 2 years ago

I am happy to say that I am in the club! I have been playing for a week or so and think this machine is amazing. A total package of awesome. This machine has great mechanics and is fun to shoot. The amount of mechanics and the quality of the armor coating and thickness of the back glass speak to the quality of the product.

The call outs/sounds and general vibe of the machine are off the charts. This is what a pinball machine should look like and be like.

The structure of traveling rooms and fighting monsters is pretty straightforward but I like that. The shots were not initially easy, but I find that I am learning them pretty quickly and they feel good once you dial them in.

As an Alice Cooper fan I am so happy with the incorporation of his music and what they did with his character. The playfield is beautiful though I do not like the Alice Cooper skull image in the middle of the playfield, but I do think it is overall an awesome art package.

I had a cold solder joint on the crypt opto that was causing intermittent issues but that was fixed. I have had a few more ball searches and occasional trough switch issues so I am not yet sold on the reliability of the game.

I hope to be here complaining about a lack of code updates with the rest of you for a while!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/127?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.