(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 161.
#6251 3 years ago

I feel it’s nearly there - of course there’s always scope for more. Would love to see the spinner incorporated a bit more, if nothing else.

#6252 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I feel it’s nearly there - of course there’s always scope for more. Would love to see the spinner incorporated a bit more, if nothing else.

and also more with mystery! Wouldn’t it be great to gain a weapon? What are all of those other things written in the screen “mummy? Go to jail? Activate mini play field?” Also I feel there need to be some super jackpots and sounds of excitement when you’ve done something truly great. Is pit creature the only time in the game a big sound effect when you’ve defeated the creature? Those are the polish points for me. This game is wonderfully hard I’d love to have that excitement sense maximized!!

#6253 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm how large the most recent update is?

I downloaded and attempted install... and it didn’t take. So frustrating.

I tried downloading the code 4 times, each time it was stopping at different file sizes. No idea why...

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can anyone confirm how large the most recent update is?

Think it was around 1.4 gig.

#6255 3 years ago

Hmmm. Well I’m coming up way short...

Weird

#6256 3 years ago

Can someone toss the recent update to a dropbox and PM?

I'm only able to download about 240mb of the file before it stops. I'd like to confirm the problem isn't on my end.

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

After I power cycle game freezes here on startup. I have to turn off wait awhile turn on and back to 104 code.
[quoted image]

Late to the party, but I have stated this before -

If anyone gets this on their screen, UNPLUG the USB, and power-reset game. It will then boot up as expected.

#6258 3 years ago

Got a custom towel cover..

received_1382422682125643 (resized).jpegreceived_1382422682125643 (resized).jpeg
#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

What was the fix in the end? It may help others in future.

It was something that spooky had to do directly.

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Assume it’s finished.

I'd be disappointed if it's considered finished. Great game, but far from finished imho.

Can a pinball machine have a memory issue, as in not enough? Can the operating system handle more code/animations/sound or is it full or overworked? To be truthful I have no fn clue, however an answer from someone who does would ease my mind. These are questions not any attempt at trolling as I love this game and spooky for making it. Just feel there must be a reason this game hasn't reached it's full potential.

Set me straight spooky, please be gentle.

Happy, but confused customer.

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'd be disappointed if it's considered finished. Great game, but far from finished imho.
Can a pinball machine have a memory issue, as in not enough? Can the operating system handle more code/animations/sound or is it full or overworked? To be truthful I have no fn clue, however an answer from someone who does would ease my mind. These are questions not any attempt at trolling as I love this game and spooky for making it. Just feel there must be a reason this game hasn't reached it's full potential.
Set me straight spooky, please be gentle.
Happy, but confused customer.

Not sure what you’re looking for. This seems to be a very polished game IMHO. The creatures, weapons, and rooms all seem to make sense...and work correctly. Yah, I’m sure there are still a couple bugs or idiosyncrasies, buts that comes with any complex machine. Personally, I’m very happy with ACNC as is. As to your couple of questions...yes and yes. All you describe have limitations. There is not a system out there that is unlimited in memory or computing power.

#6262 3 years ago

My...

Bm66
Elvira
Woz
Gnr
Imdn
Deadpool
Definitely don"t seem to have limitations on memory or computing power and we all know those companies are in full on cost cutting mode.

That said those games must have 10× the memory and computing power? Again not sure as I'm clueless on this just trying to understand.

Quoted from dnapac:

Not sure what you’re looking for. This seems to be a very polished game IMHO. The creatures, weapons, and rooms all seem to make sense...and work correctly. Yah, I’m sure there are still a couple bugs or idiosyncrasies, buts that comes with any complex machine. Personally, I’m very happy with ACNC as is. As to your couple of questions...yes and yes. All you describe have limitations. There is not a system out there that is unlimited in memory or computing power.

What I'm looking for.
More sounds,
More callouts,
More video with movement,

Side objectives involving the
Spinner
Orbits
Ramps
Scoops

Mini wizard modes for progressing through a set number of rooms.

A secret mode for finding the secret passage

A hidden room you only find by going in a certain sequence that triggers secret monster mode.

I shouldn't enjoy regular modes that I've been to a hundred times (vampire, franky, others) more than I enjoy the bdb wizard mode,(3 times) but i do.

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

My...
Bm66
Elvira
Woz
Gnr
Imdn
Deadpool
Definitely don"t seem to have limitations on memory or computing power and we all know those companies are in full on cost cutting mode.
That said those games must have 10× the memory and computing power? Again not sure as I'm clueless on this just trying to understand.

What I'm looking for.
More sounds,
More callouts,
More video with movement,
Side objectives involving the
Spinner
Orbits
Ramps
Scoops
Mini wizard modes for progressing through a set number of rooms.
A secret mode for finding the secret passage
A hidden room you only find by going in a certain sequence that triggers secret monster mode.
I shouldn't enjoy regular modes that I've been to a hundred times (vampire, franky, others) more than I enjoy the bdb wizard mode,(3 times) but i do.

Sounds like you’ve mastered it. Time to move to another pin.

#6264 3 years ago

Nice here is mine

IMG_20201124_150325843 (resized).jpgIMG_20201124_150325843 (resized).jpg
#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Got a custom towel cover..
[quoted image]

Nice here is mine

IMG_20201124_150325843 (resized).jpgIMG_20201124_150325843 (resized).jpg
#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sounds like you’ve mastered it. Time to move to another pin.

Could well be.

Not every pin is a keeper for everyone.

I had a Deadpool ... everyone RAVES about that game.

I found it boring. The same gameplay all the time. Yeah, the sounds and speech is pretty cool, but the gameplay got old fast. Me, Danni and Mitchell (three top NZ players) had a game and it took over an hour of grind, grind, grind.

Had it for two months.

The good thing, I had a long list of people who wanted to buy it.

rd

#6267 3 years ago

How do I start a co-op multyplayer game?

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

How do I start a co-op multyplayer game?

I think you hold the start button for a few seconds.

#6269 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Could well be.
I found it boring. The same gameplay all the time. Yeah, the sounds and speech is pretty cool, but the gameplay got old fast. Me, Danni and Mitchell (three top NZ players) had a game and it took over an hour of grind, grind, grind.
Had it for two months.
rd

I feel seen. Deadpool is such a grind for me.

Seriously, every game hits everyone differently.

#6270 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think you hold the start button for a few seconds.

Yes, then you'll see the words co_op mode then push the start button again for 2and player.

#6271 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Could well be.
Had it for two months.
rd

I have bought a few pins on reputation (JP, DP) and sold within 2 months, but love the games that get bashed (SW, Houdini, Stranger Things)

#6272 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have bought a few pins on reputation (JP, DP) and sold within 2 months, but love the games that get bashed (SW, Houdini, Stranger Things)

I've sold MM, TOM, POTC, etc...about to sell Wonka, DP LE. I have way more fun playing Tag Team and Cactus Jacks than I did on those "higher rated" titles.

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Nice here is mine [quoted image]

Looks awesome. Wish I could have gotten one of those limited toppers!! Where did you get the speaker panel decal?

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Looks awesome. Wish I could have gotten one of those limited toppers!! Where did you get the speaker panel decal?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1266-pinball-nerd-decals-

Looks like they are currently under maintenance.

#6275 3 years ago

Thanks! I will keep checking in on it.

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I believe they are sold by ArcadeVideo so maybe shoot him a PM and see if he still has them.

#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I believe they are sold by ArcadeVideo so maybe shoot him a PM and see if he still has them.

Thank you!

#6278 3 years ago

I'm still surprised that they never finished the interface for the menu system. Fawzma said they were going to incorporate the coin door buttons more rather than using the flipper buttons to move through the menu system. It's so non industry standard this way.

#6279 3 years ago

I would also like to hold the button down when I'm putting in my name at the end rather then keep hitting the flipper button to go through the letters. It's a small issue but thought I would voice it.

#6280 3 years ago

There were two different guys selling the speaker panel decal both were different designs. Here is a video of the one I have being installed.....the guy lives in Canada.

And this one was produced by ArcadeVideo who was mentioned.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

There were two different guys selling the speaker panel decal both were different designs. Here is a video of the one I have being installed.....the guy lives in Canada.

And this one was produced by ArcadeVideo who was mentioned.

So Canadians really pronounce decal as “de-kal”??

#6282 3 years ago

For those of you that like Cliffy protectors, are there any other items you’d like to see in an Alice Cooper Cliffy kit besides a scoop protector? I’ll be making templates soon.

#6283 3 years ago

I love Cliffy's including the shooter lane ones. But be careful with those. The shooter lane ones caused my auto launcher to not work correctly in my Stern Star Trek. The only solution was to remove them. Others have had this problem as well. It was a PITA to figure this out!

#6284 3 years ago

I always use Mylar instead.

Except for the lane guides. Those are get for eliminating ball hop issues on older games.

#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always use Mylar instead.
Except for the lane guides. Those are get for eliminating ball hop issues on older games.

That's what I did for Star Trek after removing the Cliffy's. But, I totally suck at trying to cut and install Mylar in the shooter lane! Someone needs to make a template for cutting these out.

#6286 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Nice here is mine [quoted image]

That's BadAss! Where did you get this?

#6287 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That's what I did for Star Trek after removing the Cliffy's. But, I totally suck at trying to cut and install Mylar in the shooter lane! Someone needs to make a template for cutting these out.

Haha. The struggle is real. Takes me a couple tries every time.

#6288 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Quoted from 27dnast:

Nope, just me!

#6289 3 years ago

Quoted from 27dnast:

Believe me, citizens of the United States of North America don't represent the English speaking world (neither do aussies). But the word is pronounced like that here too. You guys don't even spell properly.

And tell me how a word that is spelt 'solder' and pronounced across the world as sol der, can possibly be pronounced 'sodder'?

What the fuck did you guys do with the L?

#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That's BadAss! Where did you get this?

I had gotten it off of Amazon. I looked recently and couldn't find it. Not sure if it's discontinued or not. If I find a link I will post it.

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

And tell me how a word that is spelt 'solder' and pronounced across the world as sol der, can possibly be pronounced 'sodder'?

Yeah, that’s my pet hate!

And also “Craig”

How does that become CREEG?

Daniel CREEG? Wtf!

It’s Daniel Craaaaaaig. Cray-g.

rd

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, that’s my pet hate!
And also “Craig”
How does that become CREEG?
Daniel CREEG? Wtf!
It’s Daniel Craaaaaaig. Cray-g.
rd

Who the hell pronounces it 'creeg'? Got me on solder. But let's talk about 'aluminium' instead...

#6294 3 years ago

Well, in my defense (weak as it is), spelt is actually a word. It just doesn't make sense in a sentence where i should have spelled it differently.

#6295 3 years ago

breadtopia-spelt-wheat-berries-sq-op (resized).jpgbreadtopia-spelt-wheat-berries-sq-op (resized).jpg

#6296 3 years ago

Just joined the club! been putting a few games on it getting familiar with it.
Gonna read through this entire thread at my leisure

First official Q
Who sells side blades for ACNC?

#6297 3 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

First official Q

Welcome neighbor. Always room for more south-siders in this club.

#6298 3 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

First official Q

Spooky will sell the art blades to you. Nobody else as far as I know, makes them for ACNC.

#6299 3 years ago

So, just to clarify, at this point the spinner isn’t utilized in this game correct? Does it even score?

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

So, just to clarify, at this point the spinner isn’t utilized in this game correct? Does it even score?

It scores, gives a light effect and sound effect.

Other than a 'mode' or 'super spinner' thing, the spinner does what it's supposed to. It spins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.