(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 161.
#6201 3 years ago

Code should be named ac-gamecode.pkg. Remove the (2) from the filename and it should work.

#6202 3 years ago

After I power cycle game freezes here on startup. I have to turn off wait awhile turn on and back to 104 code.

16173118210005516796204092726449 (resized).jpg16173118210005516796204092726449 (resized).jpg
#6203 3 years ago

And after the update usb now has all this stuff on it

16173120664736430465260471341461 (resized).jpg16173120664736430465260471341461 (resized).jpg
#6204 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

And after the update usb now has all this stuff on it
[quoted image]

That‘s normal. You should clear the usb and try again from the beginning.

#6205 3 years ago

yep and the filename should be ac-gamecode.pkg. try that!

Quoted from DrBernd:

That‘s normal. You should clear the usb and try again from the beginning.

#6206 3 years ago

Thanks to all who helped. I ended up clearing the usb again. Then I handed it to my brilliant 15 year old and said spooky pinball alice cooper nightmare castle game code need to be on this usb. 10min later he appears hands me a usb and end of story.

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Having trouble with code update. Here's picture of it on usb I've used before without issue.
While game is off I install usb.
Power on game.
Update done almost instantly.
Remove usb.
Power cycle.
Power cycle again cuz it gets hung up during small text left upper screen during boot.
On 2nd power cycle game gets past small text screen boots and shows code 104.
USB now contains code and user and game settings
Unlike this pic when I first started.
[quoted image]

You need to rename the file, removing the (2) so the filename is ac-gamecode.pkg

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise people had already replied with the answer.

#6208 3 years ago

Edit, I'm an idiot. Just repeating what others have already said about the file name.

#6209 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks to all who helped. I ended up clearing the usb again. Then I handed it to my brilliant 15 year old and said spooky pinball alice cooper nightmare castle game code need to be on this usb. 10min later he appears hands me a usb and end of story.

I really miss the whole personal Geek Squad aspect of having a 15 year old

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

This is a quote from Luke a while back:
"Hey guys on that right orbit the ball guide can get bent in slowly through game play if it takes hard shots. If you just carefully straighten it back out a bit it will send a fast shot right to the center of the flipper!"
Mine was hitting the rubber that made it go SDTM, bending the end of the ball guide slightly fixed the issue.

Which ball guide needs the straightening? Is it the one just next to the ball launch area?

16173295453308640230280462508327 (resized).jpg16173295453308640230280462508327 (resized).jpg
#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I had this problem forever with my left frank switch to the point I almost just replaced the switch with a new one. Best described as a "lazy switch" because it is adjusted properly and works til I don't play awhile then the first hit won't register but wakes the switch up to work properly each shot after.
I feel like even at the resting position the switch arm was slightly pushing down the button on the switch and it would settle during the time of not playing to the point the button wouldn't click on first hit but that would move the arm and reset it.
I propped the playfield up in the back and removed the switch from the bracket, made sure back of switch arm was clearing button at rest but fully pressing in action. ( Putting it back in bracket will compress it down a bit)
And have not had anymore problems since. Haven't played it in a few since I got R&M but played a game before I wrote this to confirm it's working great first time every time now
[quoted image][quoted image]

Was checking my switches and same issue though I'm not exactly sure from your post how to fix that issue. The switches are very difficult to get at so I don't relish the idea of trying to mess with them. I would have hoped out of factory these would work flawlessly as I have maybe 10 total hours on the game.
Indeed the issue is that the switch is already pressed it seems until you manually click it and then it seems to work.

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Which ball guide needs the straightening? Is it the one just next to the ball launch area?
[quoted image]

Got it fixed... It is that metal guide just pushed it back out and now ball comes down to left flipper.

#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Got it fixed... It is that metal guide just pushed it back out and now ball comes down to left flipper. However after 3 balls it's already going SDTM again!! How can this fix be more permanent?

#6214 3 years ago

I just stopped in to say

F*ck I love this game.

That’s all.

rd

#6215 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just stopped in to say
Fuck I love this game.
That’s all.
rd

Hell yeah! Do you like the new code?

#6216 3 years ago

Guess I haven’t checked in here for a while.
Glad I did, because I had no idea there was a new code update.

#6217 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Hell yeah! Do you like the new code?

Haven’t installed it yet.

Been pretty busy building a house.

Just snuck in a few games last night.

I chose 2 games to go into my new (102 year old) office ....

E0A9F140-2A0A-44C3-8C01-D84CE821F7ED (resized).jpegE0A9F140-2A0A-44C3-8C01-D84CE821F7ED (resized).jpeg

rd

#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Got it fixed... It is that metal guide just pushed it back out and now ball comes down to left flipper.

This is the one I bent a little.

20200125_154627 (resized).jpg20200125_154627 (resized).jpg
#6219 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

This is the one I bent a little.[quoted image]

I did bend it but after one game seemed to be bent again.... Not sure if there is a way to fix this as the metal is pretty pliable and not really suited for this area of a game. Most metal guides seem to be a bit heavier grade.

#6220 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Was checking my switches and same issue though I'm not exactly sure from your post how to fix that issue. The switches are very difficult to get at so I don't relish the idea of trying to mess with them. I would have hoped out of factory these would work flawlessly as I have maybe 10 total hours on the game.
Indeed the issue is that the switch is already pressed it seems until you manually click it and then it seems to work.

First pic shows the switch bracket, pull the little arm on the left to release the switch from the little nubs. When my switch was at rest it was still slightly pushing in the button so I reworked the arm to clear the button at rest but fully compress when closing. Still some trial and error to it because the bracket slightly compresses the arm when you put it back. I had to pull it out twice to get it set right. Switch is definitely not easy to get to which is why I ended up propping it up and removing it from the back

#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I did bend it but after one game seemed to be bent again.... Not sure if there is a way to fix this as the metal is pretty pliable and not really suited for this area of a game. Most metal guides seem to be a bit heavier grade.

I chose not to bend the metal and replaced the single rubber for two individual post rubbers. This kept the ball from striking the rubber as it rolled by.

#6222 3 years ago

Does anybody have the topper for sale?

#6223 3 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

I've been looking for months.

#6224 3 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

I chose not to bend the metal and replaced the single rubber for two individual post rubbers. This kept the ball from striking the rubber as it rolled by.

I also switched to 2 small single post rings to try and get a clean return to the right flipper from either left orbit. Now the ball seems to hit the upper part of the right slingshot most of the time. Better than SDTM though. Does yours hit that sling too? Or are you getting a clean return to the right flipper?

#6225 3 years ago

With the latest software, I have this:
During gameplay I get a second ball in play for no reason. When I srzin one ball, it’s end of ball bonus. Well it happend two times in one week.

Is this a bug or a swith problem?
I bought the game last week so I don’t know if this also happend with the old software.

#6226 3 years ago

^^^Check for magnetized balls.

#6227 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Having trouble with code update. Here's picture of it on usb I've used before without issue.
While game is off I install usb.
Power on game.
Update done almost instantly.
Remove usb.
Power cycle.
Power cycle again cuz it gets hung up during small text left upper screen during boot.
On 2nd power cycle game gets past small text screen boots and shows code 104.
USB now contains code and user and game settings
Unlike this pic when I first started.
[quoted image]

i'm having the same problem. i can't get past the inital boot screen. is there a size limit to the USB sticks? I'm trying the 6th different memory stick now and have downloaded it multiple times too. any help is appreciated.

167007825_2647837862180348_3718269739218159826_n (resized).jpg167007825_2647837862180348_3718269739218159826_n (resized).jpg
#6228 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i'm having the same problem. i can't get past the inital boot screen. is there a size limit to the USB sticks? I'm trying the 6th different memory stick now and have downloaded it multiple times too. any help is appreciated.[quoted image]

Update to my previous post-- i finally got the code to load, took about 15mins to install. rebooted and now the game is stuck in an endless loop trying to boot up again. Different error message this time- "write lastlog failed: no space left on device" anyone have a thought what could be wrong? Also does anyone know where i can find the older version of the code? I'd at least like to get a working game again.

167793948_456499455777062_522509017097850185_n (resized).jpg167793948_456499455777062_522509017097850185_n (resized).jpg
#6229 3 years ago

Update to my previous post-- i finally got the code to load, took about 15mins to install. rebooted and now the game is stuck in an endless loop trying to boot up again. Different error message this time- "write lastlog failed: no space left on device" anyone have a thought what could be wrong? Also does anyone know where i can find the older version of the code? I'd at least like to get a working game again.
[quoted image]

I dont think the old code will help you, download the code again and make sure there is not a "(2)" after it
Also turn the game off before removing the USB stick.

#6230 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I dont think the old code will help you, download the code again and make sure there is not a "(2)" after it
Also turn the game off before removing the USB stick.

i've tried that several times

#6231 3 years ago

New code is incredible. Embarrassed to say, but I finally understand the goals of the game and it’s so much more fun, interesting, yet still so joyously difficult. Alice is truly elite now, and seems complete. The icing is on the cake

#6232 3 years ago

i've tried that several times

Post a screenshot of what is on your USB stick. How big is your USB stick? As part of the upgrade process it saves some data like settings and high scores. Is this the first time you have updated this game?

#6233 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Start from scratch again. Make sure you erase everything on usb. Download code again and copy to usb. Put usb in. Turn on machine. Update starts and take 2-3 min.it'll say(update complete remove usb power cycle)

If it finishes instantly you did it wrong again. Itll say (User settings and scores saved)

Have you used the usb your using to do this before? Mines a 16g pny usb.
Good luck.

#6234 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Post a screenshot of what is on your USB stick. How big is your USB stick? As part of the upgrade process it saves some data like settings and high scores. Is this the first time you have updated this game?

i've used multiple usb sticks - everything from a 2g-16g. the attached picture is from a transcend 4g stick. Here's a link to a video of the problem. the game goes into an endless loop when booting.

Im formatting a 32g to try next.

acnc (resized).JPGacnc (resized).JPG

#6235 3 years ago

i've used multiple usb sticks - everything from a 2g-16g. the attached picture is from a transcend 4g stick. Here's a link to a video of the problem. the game goes into an endless loop when booting. Im formatting a 32g to try next.
[quoted image]

Drop Spooky an email, they will be able to advise you - [email protected]

#6236 3 years ago

So does Spooky only do really limited runs, then they move on to the next game? I have no interest in Ricky & Morty but definitely in some of the previous games

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So does Spooky only do really limited runs, then they move on to the next game? I have no interest in Ricky & Morty but definitely in some of the previous games

They've mostly just been making all that is feasible for them to produce within a reasonable amount of time.

They're currently expanding yet again, so I assume production capability will be increasing soon (and presumably future games will have a higher cap).

If you were asking if they'll re-run the previous limited games, then the answer should be no--would be a faux pas, though Ben Heck did try to put out feelers on rerunning AMH at one point (was shot down).

#6238 3 years ago

i've used multiple usb sticks - everything from a 2g-16g. the attached picture is from a transcend 4g stick. Here's a link to a video of the problem. the game goes into an endless loop when booting. Im formatting a 32g to try next.
[quoted image]

I was told to always reformat the USB Sticks under FAT32 (Windows) before every download and install, otherwise problems may arise.

Maybe you've already done this but if not, it's worth a shot.

#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

TNA can/will be re-run. All other ‘in-house’ titles were limited and won’t be re-run.

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

TNA can/will be re-run. All other ‘in-house’ titles were limited and won’t be re-run.

Got it. They’re out there though. Thanks to both of you

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was told to always reformat the USB Sticks under FAT32 (Windows) before every download and install, otherwise problems may arise.
Maybe you've already done this but if not, it's worth a shot.

yup- i always start with a reformatted usb stick. i've reached out to spooky by email and will follow up tomorrow once they're open again. Happy Easter.

#6242 3 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

I have one I’ll be listing soon; sold the game. Kinda miss the game though

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Drop Spooky an email, they will be able to advise you - [email protected]

it's service@ spookypinball.com there is no dot between spooky and pinball

#6244 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

it's service@ spookypinball.com there is no dot between spooky and pinball

It automatically underlined the email address so the dot is in the underline, not the actual email address, but I can see why you thought this. If you click on it, it is correct. I copied/pasted it from your website to avoid any typos, although there is a typo (space) in the email address that you typed

#6245 3 years ago

Do ya think we will get any more future code updates or is it considered “finished”?

#6246 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do ya think we will get any more future code updates or is it considered “finished”?

Assume it’s finished.

#6247 3 years ago

yup- i always start with a reformatted usb stick. i've reached out to spooky by email and will follow up tomorrow once they're open again. Happy Easter.

Spooky's wonderful tech support help me through the problem. It's great when a company stands behind their product.

#6248 3 years ago

Spooky's wonderful tech support help me through the problem. It's great when a company stands behind their product.

Yup. They’re the best.

#6249 3 years ago

What was the fix in the end? It may help others in future.

#6250 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Assume it’s finished.

Yeah, no. Great added features in the last code. But encountering way too many bugs. Just needs polish now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/125?hl=hopbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.