(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 160.
#6151 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is anyone else thrown off by the sound transition during a ball drain? Clunky?

I havent noticed anything, but mine still has the voice cut off after the ending match part. Does anyone else's do this?

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I havent noticed anything, but mine still has the voice cut off after the ending match part. Does anyone else's do this?

I had this problem after I disabled the "Match Routine" in "Gameplay Features". So I enabled the feature again.
I am very happy that the update solved my credit problem.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from BHB74:

I had this problem after I disabled the "Match Routine" in "Gameplay Features". So I enabled the feature again.
I am very happy that the update solved my credit problem.

I have the match routine enabled , maybe I will turn it off then back on.

#6154 3 years ago

To the code writers please fix the guillotine! The latest code 1.1.0.5 ten shots though the guillotine no longer gives an extra ball ,it only lights the extra ball target.Switching back to previous code until resolved.

Thank You

#6155 3 years ago
Quoted from whistleshack:

To the code writers please fix the guillotine! The latest code 1.1.0.5 ten shots though the guillotine no longer gives an extra ball ,it only lights the extra ball target.Switching back to previous code until resolved.
Thank You

That's how mine worked before.

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That's how mine worked before.

right, and imho actually no problem

#6157 3 years ago

Thank You

This is akward....

#6158 3 years ago

Thank You

Hasn't the 10th always lit the extra ball lamp?? Pretty sure that is how mine has always operated.

#6159 3 years ago

Thank You

Posts like this remind me why I got out of retail.

Lollll

Best move ever.

rd

#6160 3 years ago

Has anyone added RGB lights to their game like a spotlight or drain hole? I don't want to flood the game, but would like to add three lights more, and remain in the same light show pallet. Or I would like to jump lights off the speakers for a plexiglass topper but be sycronized with the speaker light show.

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Has anyone added RGB lights to their game like a spotlight or drain hole? I don't want to flood the game, but would like to add three lights more, and remain in the same light show pallet. Or I would like to jump lights off the speakers for a plexiglass topper but be sycronized with the speaker light show.

Here is a very good additional RGB lighting writeup for R&M which is done exactly the same on ACNC (OP of the writeup did it on both). What he did could be adapted to do what you are looking to do for both the holes and the topper...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/228#post-6165855

And here is a previous post with a video he posted that has his RGB backlights installed working with the speakers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/228#post-6164912

#6162 3 years ago

Who else is diggin the latest code. I really like how the screen and loops show green where the weapon is for the currently selected monster. Definitely takes the memorization out of the picture which is fine by me. Is there any kind of incentive to defeat all the monsters when you reach BDB? If not, there should be, it’s difficult to beat them all.

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is there any kind of incentive to defeat all the monsters when you reach BDB?

Unless they changed it in this code, BDB in unaffected by the number of defeated monsters you have.

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who else is diggin the latest code. I really like how the screen and loops show green where the weapon is for the currently selected monster. Definitely takes the memorization out of the picture which is fine by me. Is there any kind of incentive to defeat all the monsters when you reach BDB? If not, there should be, it’s difficult to beat them all.

Its great, i created a apron card ages ago with the rooms and monsters list for the weapons that i do not need anymore as its displayed on screen and pf. My concern is the number of bugs that have increased in this update over the last that havent been addressed and some are 3 or 4 updates old that are still there. As a ex programmer its easier to add pretty stuff to give the customer a warm fuzzy feeling, than it is to chase bugs. Hope spooky polish it.

#6165 3 years ago

I’m really digging it. Makes a surprisingly big impact as before I ended up ignoring weapons as it was too much effort to memorize the monster/room sequence.

Haven’t personally noticed any new gameplay bugs. But my machine still locks up after sitting for maybe 4-8 hours.

#6166 3 years ago

Do you think we will get anymore updates or is this considered finished?

#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Its great, i created a apron card ages ago with the rooms and monsters list for the weapons that i do not need anymore as its displayed on screen and pf. My concern is the number of bugs that have increased in this update over the last that havent been addressed and some are 3 or 4 updates old that are still there. As a ex programmer its easier to add pretty stuff to give the customer a warm fuzzy feeling, than it is to chase bugs. Hope spooky polish it.

Can you please list the bugs so perhaps Spooky and team can take a look? What bugs have you noticed with the newest update?

#6168 3 years ago

Post bugs in the 'Alice Cooper ACNC Bug and Enhancement Feedback Thread'

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-acnc-bug-and-enhancement-feedback-thread

#6169 3 years ago

I recommend getting directly with spooky on bugs.

#6170 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless they changed it in this code, BDB in unaffected by the number of defeated monsters you have.

BDB is affected by the monsters you kill because you get +1 lives on BDB for every defeated monster.

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

BDB is affected by the monsters you kill because you get +1 lives on BDB for every defeated monster.

Ah okay. I was talking BDB value.

#6172 3 years ago

Is this update going to wipe my scores? Normally not an issue for me but as there are no rule changes I’d quite like to keep ‘em this time around.
So if it does wipe - what’s the process for backing them up?

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Is this update going to wipe my scores? Normally not an issue for me but as there are no rule changes I’d quite like to keep ‘em this time around.

It wiped the scores, yes.

#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Take a photo of them.

#6175 3 years ago

A question: I have updated my ACNC with the latest software.
Now, when the magnet under the flippers grab the ball, it won't throw it bach into the game but it drains and the autoshooter plunges a new ball.
Always...

Is this a setting or not?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Now, when the magnet under the flippers grab the ball, it won't throw it bach into the game but it drains and the autoshooter plunges a new ball.
Always...

...there‘s a lot of information concerning this very topic already available. You could search for „magnet adjustment“

#6177 3 years ago

Always...

Yes. It’s a setting. Simple fix

#6178 3 years ago

Another question
Can I make the two multiballs harder to start ?Is there a settingfor this?

#6179 3 years ago

Another question
Can I make the two multiballs harder to start ?Is there a settingfor this?

Play worse.

#6180 2 years ago

Holy hell, I laughed out loud. +1

#6181 2 years ago

Always...

Mine used to throw it up to the Change Monster standups with the stock settings. Now after the update it is very weak. I'll mess with it but something was changed in the code, maybe to make it better for others....

#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Mine used to throw it up to the Change Monster standups with the stock settings. Now after the update it is very weak. I'll mess with it but something was changed in the code, maybe to make it better for others....

I have had to change the pattern after every update. There is always one that seems to work for me though. I still haven’t bothered to bypass my resistor yet.

#6183 2 years ago

Hey ,got a question for you pinball professionals.Is there a way to disable the pink flashing lights during magnet -save routine.At my location we have had 3 persons go into a seizure when the magnet-save activates.

Thank You

#6184 2 years ago

Just picked up ACNC. This game is awesome so far!

#6185 2 years ago

Hey ,got a question for you pinball professionals.Is there a way to disable the pink flashing lights during magnet -save routine.At my location we have had 3 persons go into a seizure when the magnet-save activates.
Thank You

Holy hell. Uh..
I would deactivate the magnet. (I think it's possible?) If it's NOT, contact Spooky - I know it's not a hard change to make to turn off that light so, and they may be willing to throw you a bone, for the health of your clientele.

#6186 2 years ago

Thank You

Are you serious about the 3 people? I’d contact Spooky RIGHT away and make sure there’s a way to disable that in code. They won’t want any part of this. And like Coyote said, unplug it

#6187 2 years ago

Thank You

How long do the seizures last? Did they know they had photosensitive epilepsy? Honestly I love that pink pattern and it would take away from the experience. I mean there are a ton of triggers in most pinball games. If you really wanted to do something to prevent seizures, just put a warning on the apron.

#6188 2 years ago

Thank You

Don't ever get a Tales from the Crypt machine, they will seizure for sure trying to activate the multi-ball.

#6189 2 years ago

One would think that people with epilepsy would know to stay away from pinball machines. There are so many that having crazy blinking lights.

The thought that three such people would all go to the same place, play the same machine and take a fit is so far fetched it's hardly believable.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Don't ever get a Tales from the Crypt machine, they will seizure for sure trying to activate the multi-ball.

JJP gunners anyone?

#6190 2 years ago

I've been having issues with 2 items on game:
1) nearly any shot into the Secret Passage that comes around to the right side goes straight down the middle without fail short of knocking the cabinet 6 inches to the side
2) I keep having issues with the ball going up by Frank and not being recognized by the game. I've tried bending the wire for the rollover but the problem just comes back.

#6191 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

My left orbit shot has suddenly decided to drain SDTM after exiting on the right side. For two years, it has always come out onto the right flipper, but now goes SDTM every time. I'm guessing the outer orbit metal got bent a bit, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you remedied the issue? Much thanks!

This is a quote from Luke a while back:

"Hey guys on that right orbit the ball guide can get bent in slowly through game play if it takes hard shots. If you just carefully straighten it back out a bit it will send a fast shot right to the center of the flipper!"

Mine was hitting the rubber that made it go SDTM, bending the end of the ball guide slightly fixed the issue.

#6192 2 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've been having issues with 2 items on game:
1) nearly any shot into the Secret Passage that comes around to the right side goes straight down the middle without fail short of knocking the cabinet 6 inches to the side
2) I keep having issues with the ball going up by Frank and not being recognized by the game. I've tried bending the wire for the rollover but the problem just comes back.

1) See post above (#6191)
2) See post #6088 (Edited with correct number)

#6193 2 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

1) See post above (#6191)
2) See post #6008

6008 is about Pinnovators?

#6194 2 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

6008 is about Pinnovators?

Apologies, #6088

#6195 2 years ago

#6196 2 years ago

Having trouble with code update. Here's picture of it on usb I've used before without issue.
While game is off I install usb.
Power on game.
Update done almost instantly.
Remove usb.
Power cycle.
Power cycle again cuz it gets hung up during small text left upper screen during boot.
On 2nd power cycle game gets past small text screen boots and shows code 104.

USB now contains code and user and game settings

Unlike this pic when I first started.
20210401_163139 (resized).jpg20210401_163139 (resized).jpg

#6197 2 years ago

Did you turn the game OFF before removing the usb???

In the video it‘s a very quick sequence. Update complete - turning off - removing usb - turning on again.

#6198 2 years ago

No it says remove usb and then power cycle the game on the update screen.

#6199 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

No it says remove usb and then power cycle the game.

The instructions may not be precise or a bit misleading. I used the video as a guide, no problems.

#6200 2 years ago

This is what it says after the update.

16173115723697880733362168541648 (resized).jpg16173115723697880733362168541648 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/124?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.