(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 161.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine did, and it works better now that I cut it out.

Quoted from DNO:

Both magnets on mine have the gold resistor

Interesting! Mine did not. I assumed that only the front one was removed during production, and the back one never had it. Good to know - thanks guys!

#6102 3 years ago

Since the last update I have had a strange problem: When I insert a coin, I always get 2 credits instead of just 1 as before. Of course, I checked the settings. If I set the setting to 2 coins per credit, then it counts 1/2 credit for the first coin and jumps to 2 credits for the time.
Are you all on freeplay?

#6103 3 years ago

BHB74 I run coins through my games and am on the latest code - no issues w/ a 1 to 1 coin to credit ratio.

#6104 3 years ago

I am not figuring out the directions to install Pin Stadium lights on this pin. I cant figure out how the pin that goes to the GI stays in place. Not to mention the metal probe fell off just touching it to the board, but that's another issue. If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear it.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I am not figuring out the directions to install Pin Stadium lights on this pin.

Did you get the regular Pinstadiums or did you go Fusion? For Fusion, you’ll need to create a harness to tie it in correctly.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Did you get the regular Pinstadiums or did you go Fusion? For Fusion, you’ll need to create a harness to tie it in correctly.

I believe they are regular ones, I bought them used

#6107 3 years ago

I'm having all kinds of issues with these lights, might have been a bad decision.
Not getting any UV, but might be because the extender wires probe just fell off. Once I got the wire exposed and attached the clip now they wont turn on at all.
And the game is not realizing when a ball drains and goes into ball search.
Might just remove them.

#6108 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm having all kinds of issues with these lights, might have been a bad decision.
Not getting any UV, but might be because the extender wires probe just fell off. Once I got the wire exposed and attached the clip now they wont turn on at all.
And the game is not realizing when a ball drains and goes into ball search.
Might just remove them.

Yeah those extender probes seem fragile, I broke two during install trying to manipulate them to stay secure. Expose the wire and wrap it around the prong on the plug. Otherwise follow the Pinstadium instructions specific to Spooky pins. My GI plug didn’t stay tight for long (20 games-ish) so I used a small zip tie to secure it.

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of Pinstadiums overall (due to cost), but they’re SO worth it for this one.

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I am not figuring out the directions to install Pin Stadium lights on this pin. I cant figure out how the pin that goes to the GI stays in place. Not to mention the metal probe fell off just touching it to the board, but that's another issue. If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear it.

Email Scott.

[email protected]

If it takes him longer than 4 hours to respond, I’ll be shocked.

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of Pinstadiums overall (due to cost), but they’re SO worth it for this one.

Yeah I agree with you there.

If someone made a pinstadium that had a physical dimmer switch that just lit up the playfield and did nothing else, they could charge $70-80 each set, make a ton of profit, and I'd buy like 10-20 sets. At that price, every game would have a pinstadium in it.

Nearly 300 bucks now? Nah. I won't buy them again.

But ACNC with pinstadiums? Wow. Just wow. I've installed them on several games and there's never going to be a better game with pinstadiums installed than ACNC. The playfield doesn't just light up, it glows. Unreal.

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I hooked mine up to a coin door LED bulb for the GI and the UV flasher to the shaker motor. This game looks amazing with pinstadiums.

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I hooked mine up to a coin door LED bulb for the GI and the UV flasher to the shaker motor. This game looks amazing with pinstadiums.

Coin door LED... I should do that too. I thought it would take away from the ambiance when the lights turned off, but maybe I'm over-thinking it.

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks for the idea. I did this and some help from Scott it is working great.

#6114 3 years ago

Curious on the pinstadium hook up to the shaker motor. If you don't have a shaker motor can you still hook it up to the shaker connection board in the back box and still work OK?

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Just FYI for everyone having issues with the frank lock rollover switches, I’m working with Matt at M&M Creations to help them work out a magnetic read switch to replace these switches. You might shoot sonic a message and let him know there is interest (I’m assuming there is). Lots of people buying their magnetic read switches for R&M are really happy with the results.
I’ve adjusted the second lock switch on Alice 3-4 times and always seem to have problems with it, so I like the idea of replacing it and not having to mess with it.

I'd be interested in this. Never heard of or saw a magnetic read switch but if it makes that shot more reliable, I'm all for it.

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'd be interested in this. Never heard of or saw a magnetic read switch but if it makes that shot more reliable, I'm all for it.

MRS switches have been around for a while, but they are pricey. M&M designed some for R&M switches that were having issues not registering.

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

...just used this tip and connected the illumination of my self-build crypt with the coin door LED.
Much better now

42433D4B-C9FE-4AD4-BEB6-683FFB004198 (resized).jpeg42433D4B-C9FE-4AD4-BEB6-683FFB004198 (resized).jpeg

#6118 3 years ago

Nice crypt sculpt. Can you make any more by chance?

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

...just used this tip and connected the illumination of my self-build crypt with the coin door LED.
Much better now
[quoted image]

Crypt looks very cool!

#6121 3 years ago

Ever since I installed Pin Stadiums, the ball logic is off. when I lock a ball it goes into ball search, then releases the locked ball. Then when that ball drains it searches 3 times then just sits there playing the music like a ball is in play, til I have to turn it off and start over.
What could be the issue?

Do I start by taking off the lights?

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ever since I installed Pin Stadiums, the ball logic is off. when I lock a ball it goes into ball search, then releases the locked ball. Then when that ball drains it searches 3 times then just sits there playing the music like a ball is in play, til I have to turn it off and start over.
What could be the issue?
Do I start by taking off the lights?

Start by taking off the lights. Rule that out as a suspect. Ranter, don't unmount them, just disconnect them so they're not outputting anything.

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Start by taking off the lights. Rule that out as a suspect. Ranter, don't unmount them, just disconnect them so they're not outputting anything.

Unhooked them, first shot locked in Frank ball was sent out like normal. Then I hit the guillotine and the ball fell into the outlane where it usually gives it back but it went into search. It gave my ball back and I locked it in frank again and worked as it should. Then on same ball I started Wolf and it drained during mode and went into search once then just sits playing the music for that mode but wont end ball or send out another.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Unhooked them, first shot locked in Frank ball was sent out like normal. Then I hit the guillotine and the ball fell into the outlane where it usually gives it back but it went into search. It gave my ball back and I locked it in frank again and worked as it should. Then on same ball I started Wolf and it drained during mode and went into search once then just sits playing the music for that mode but wont end ball or send out another.

Had similar issue when I locked in the crypt. Didnt send out a ball but went into ball search. When it released my locked ball it thought it was the start of Crypt multiball, so when that ball drained it just sits in a holding pattern with no ball searches until I have to turn it off.
I'm stumped.

#6125 3 years ago

Check for magnetised balls not rolling down the ball trough.

rd

#6126 3 years ago

I check there everytime a ball does not make it to the shooter lane to make sure it is on the switch and they always are.
Since unhooking the lights, it is playing a lot more normal, I will add them back in to see if it starts up again.

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I check there everytime a ball does not make it to the shooter lane to make sure it is on the switch and they always are.
Since unhooking the lights, it is playing a lot more normal, I will add them back in to see if it starts up again.

Magnetic balls are sometimes hard to detect.

Generally only 1-2 are magnetic, and only slightly. Those balls will stick together lightly and not roll properly down the trough.

Hey - might not be that. But worthwhile sticking in a new set of balls and see what happens.

If not that - go through a switch test procedure and check all the optos and switches. Both can go flakey.

rd

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Had similar issue when I locked in the crypt. Didnt send out a ball but went into ball search. When it released my locked ball it thought it was the start of Crypt multiball, so when that ball drained it just sits in a holding pattern with no ball searches until I have to turn it off.
I'm stumped.

I had this same issue a couple weeks back. The game would randomly not give me a ball into the shooter lane. I thought I had a bad trough switch but it turned out that I had 2 magnetized balls. Replaced all the balls and it's been fine ever since.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

had 2 magnetized balls.

Surprising how many times it happens.

And like I said, sometimes it can just be one ball.

So the issue only happens occasionally ... the game will go fine all week, then crash in the middle of a tournament game. Very frustrating!

Remember - those super shiny balls you guys like to buy, they aren’t any good in games with magnets. But even the “magnet friendly” balls can go bad.

rd

#6130 3 years ago

I’ve never seen one Titan standard shiny pinball get magnetized in like 5 years of using them. I recommend those if you get new.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Surprising how many times it happens.
And like I said, sometimes it can just be one ball.
So the issue only happens occasionally ... the game will go fine all week, then crash in the middle of a tournament game. Very frustrating!
Remember - those super shiny balls you guys like to buy, they aren’t any good in games with magnets. But even the “magnet friendly” balls can go bad.
rd

That may be the issue, because right before I added the lights, i fixed the back magnet to work 100%.

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve never seen one Titan standard shiny pinball get magnetized in like 5 years of using them. I recommend those if you get new.

I haven’t tried Titan, but I’ve had everything else over the years.

Titan probably get them from the same place everyone else does, not many people make them now.

Maybe it’s just batches. I got 50 from Ball Baron, lots went magnetic. But I’ve had other lots of 50 from them, and no problems. Same with PBL.

Maybe they get dropped in transit or something - the balls knocking together can make them magnetic. Not just magnets in the game.

The last game I had a problem with was MMR. Couldn’t fathom why I wasn’t getting all the balls out during multiballs. Then the MB were ending too soon. Stuff like that. Couldn’t work it out.

Sure enough - one magnetic ball. In a no magnet game.

rd

#6133 3 years ago

I suggest tying Titan and sticking with them. I buy like 10-20 at a time and haven’t ever had an issue. I have games that magnetize balls almost immediately too. WCS, shadow, etc.

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I suggest tying Titan and sticking with them. I buy like 10-20 at a time and haven’t ever had an issue. I have games that magnetize balls almost immediately too. WCS, shadow, etc.

I will try them, I use regular ballbaron.
That seems to have fixed it, thanks fellas.
Now to figure out how to get the ball not to get stuck at the top of the right ramp. That spot is killing me. Gets stuck 100% of the time on a backhand shot.

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Gets stuck 100% of the time on a backhand shot.

Don’t backhand it.

What level is your playfield at?

Mines at 7 degrees (ish) now, I can’t backhand any ramps. I rarely get stuck balls up there either. So maybe down to the level of the game?

Otherwise check the ramp screws and the surrounding areas for places that would stop a slow moving ball.

rd

#6136 3 years ago

How can I check to see if the back magnet is working? Lately when I start a monster mode, the magnet does not capture and hold the ball while the game is doing the comic page thing. I thought every time you start a monster it holds the ball and the spooky setting just randomly drops the ball but still should hold it.

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How can I check to see if the back magnet is working? Lately when I start a monster mode, the magnet does not capture and hold the ball while the game is doing the comic page thing. I thought every time you start a monster it holds the ball and the spooky setting just randomly drops the ball but still should hold it.

I had to "remove" the resistor. Then it worked perfectly

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I guess it also depends on the speed of the ball. If you start the monster by a clear and very hard shot, the magnet sometimes is not able to catch the ball. My impression...

#6139 3 years ago

A few add ons that I think fit the game perfectly. Dollhouse parts make for nice pinball mods!

20210319_162701 (resized).jpg20210319_162701 (resized).jpg20210319_162719 (resized).jpg20210319_162719 (resized).jpg20210319_162728 (resized).jpg20210319_162728 (resized).jpg
#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

A few add ons that I think fit the game perfectly. Dollhouse parts make for nice pinball mods!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks neat!
I as well used a few small "dollhouse-like/sized" items to accentuate my playfield. I also chose a small book to add (zombie survival guide). I had posted some pictures a few months ago on this thread, but yes, I agree, you can find some pretty cool and pretty creepy stuff online to add to this machine, if one desired to do so

#6141 3 years ago

Is the wizard mode “million dollar babies” already in the game?
Is de code complete?

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is de code complete?

Yes.

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is de code complete?

Another update in the works, last we heard.

#6144 3 years ago

My left orbit shot has suddenly decided to drain SDTM after exiting on the right side. For two years, it has always come out onto the right flipper, but now goes SDTM every time. I'm guessing the outer orbit metal got bent a bit, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you remedied the issue? Much thanks!

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

My left orbit shot has suddenly decided to drain SDTM after exiting on the right side. For two years, it has always come out onto the right flipper, but now goes SDTM every time. I'm guessing the outer orbit metal got bent a bit, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you remedied the issue? Much thanks!

I’d first make sure the game is still level. Then I’d clean and wax the playfield...it’s amazing how a dirty playfield can affect the ball. If it’s been two years of stability, I doubt the guide has bent.

#6146 3 years ago

Looks like a new code update is listed on Spooky’s website: V 1.1.0.5

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from surfinvet:

Looks like a new code update is listed on Spooky’s website: V 1.1.0.5

Just grabbed it. Looks like a small batch of fixes and some showing where weapons are now. Curious about the new Frank animations, sfx, and shaker settings. Hoping they finally put something where the ball locks, instead of that moment of silence.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hoping they finally put something where the ball locks, instead of that moment of silence.

Moment of silence is no more! Also I love this update. Green rooms on the mini map where weapon is, is great! Worth the download for sure!

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Moment of silence is no more! Also I love this update. Green rooms on the mini map where weapon is, is great! Worth the download for sure!

FINALLY! I hated guessing and I wasn't going to memorize the chart.

This is such a great game already. Thanks Spooky!

#6150 3 years ago

Is anyone else thrown off by the sound transition during a ball drain? Clunky?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/123?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.