(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 161.
#551 4 years ago

These games need a tip and tell. Distributor says not sure Fede ex will cover it because I signed for it.

#552 4 years ago

Pulled the power supply, replaced the fan with a Noctua NF-A6x25. Connectors don't work, so I took a donor Stern fan from a pile I had that had a 2 pin that fit. Spliced that (black to black; noctua yellow to fan cable red). Getting the power supply in and out is a bit of a PITA, but straight forward. Swapping the fan, takes a complete teardown of the supply. Overall I spent perhaps 90 minutes.

The game is not perfectly quiet, but it's quiet enough the wife asked if the game is on or off. Before I could hear the game from *upstairs*. I'd call that success.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

When we received our ACNC the glass shook so much you could not hear the game, I was told to turn down the bass(many have done that and it seems to solve the prob.) I had already bought a Polk psw 10 sub woofer , $88 to add to the game so instead of turning down the bass I disconnected the bass speaker and went directly to the sub and it sounds excellent! No more shake of the glass but loud explosions and Alice Cooper music loud and clear. I then turned my shaker back on because it was the air from the speaker shaking the glass not the shaker. Yes it is an extra $100 but well worth it.

+1. Works fantastic!

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I GBLE went in last weekend so it will be interesting to see how it does.
Just not sure if Alice will fit the bill or not.

I was wondering how come an operator such as yourself routes an LE machine? I think this is awesome, but where I am, your super lucky to even come across a premium!

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I would like to think I understand this but I don't..... I bought my game from a distributor on the 2nd day after it was released and I got in the 320's. I would of rather waited till now and got in the low 200's. I thought if I got in early I would get a better number than i did if lower numbers are still available. Also I didnt know one distributor would have lower numbers than another. That would of been good to know.

Yup! Same here. Which is why I will never jump in so soon again! FOMO got me this time I guess. Live and learn!

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I would like to think I understand this but I don't..... I bought my game from a distributor on the 2nd day after it was released and I got in the 320's. I would of rather waited till now and got in the low 200's. I thought if I got in early I would get a better number than i did if lower numbers are still available. Also I didnt know one distributor would have lower numbers than another. That would of been good to know.

Distributors are given a variety of numbers- early, middle , late. It is up the THEM what number you get. All the US distributors got the same amount of numbers in a random pattern to be fair to the direct buyers. IE--- lets say Joe has 110-115 then the next 5 (116-120)will be MY people, then 121-125 will be Chris, then me 126-130, then Tommy 131-135, etc. There is no real way to get everyone there games immediately as we are a SMALL company right now we are getting about 8 or so games a week out the door. I hope this explains things a bit.

#557 4 years ago

@SpookyKT, I think that any time you chime in and provide answers and direction, it is extremely appreciated. It certainly sets Spooky far apart from at least one of the big guys

These threads are a 'snapshot in time' though and unfortunately many don't read through or are/have been following as closely as others.

I appreciate the feedback and love the pin!

#558 4 years ago

#95 ready for pickup! Too bad the Indy 500 is coming up, great things continue to come in pairs.

#559 4 years ago

If you picked a distributor with a low # of customers inclined toward this title you could come in today and be in the 200s but if you picked one with a higher # of customers wanting it, then you could be in the first week and land in the 300-400 range. Maybe be a question to ask on future releases: "what is your # allotment and how many depositors as of now?" which should give you insight into where you might end up.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

SpookyKT, I think that any time you chime in and provide answers and direction, it is extremely appreciated. It certainly sets Spooky far apart from at least one of the big guys
These threads are a 'snapshot in time' though and unfortunately many don't read through or are/have been following as closely as others.

Agreed. I really appreciate hearing from the manufacturers in these forums, especially the boutique manufactures like Spooky & Gerry at Multimorphic. Thanks @SpookyKT!

#561 4 years ago

I actually wish I was a big Alice Cooper fan (his music is good, I just don't listen to him) because this game, though a bit tight for shots, is really freaking cool. If any of you current or soon-to-be owners live close and don't mind a fan of Ska music coming to play it, invite me over...haha.

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I actually wish I was a big Alice Cooper fan (his music is good,
I just don't listen to him) because this game, though a bit tight
for shots, is really freaking cool. If any of you current or
soon-to-be owners live close and don't mind a fan of Ska music
coming to play it, invite me over...haha.

If you are ever in southeastern Wisconsin you can come and play mine.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If you are ever in southeastern Wisconsin you can come and play
mine.

I have to come back to Green Bay at some point...hmmm...congrats on having this game though. It really is loaded with cool shots and the artwork throughout it is stunning.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Why let that deter you from buying the game? I don't see how anyone could possibly think IMDN music is any good...but I own the pin because it's fun.

#565 4 years ago

Not an Alice scooper fan but love the game. My 18yo son has never heard of him but plays all the time.

#566 4 years ago

some of my friends who are (very) casual players LOVE this game better than some other very highly rated games I also have in the arcade!

the shots get much easier/smooth after you put in some time on the layout. They will make you a better player for sure. Not the same old same old...that's for sure.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I have to come back to Green Bay at some point...hmmm...congrats
on having this game though. It really is loaded with cool shots and
the artwork throughout it is stunning.

Green Bay is about 2 and a half hours from me . If you are heading up there feel free to pm me if you think you’ll have time for some pinball .

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I'm a fan of AC, but clearly not much of one, beyond his very early 'greatest hits'. Many of these songs, I've never heard before. I am still surprised that some of his tunes, which would have been perfect for this pin, where not included.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I was wondering how come an operator such as yourself routes an LE machine? I think this is awesome, but where I am, your super lucky to even come across a premium!

I've routed AFMrLE, MMrLE, GBLE and a Hobbit Smaug. My location is pretty family friendly and the LE's I think help draw people in. My goal is not to make a ton of money. It is to get my pins to pay for themselves and then either sell or increase my personal collection. So, why not end up with some LE's in my collection? So far it is working really well. Plus, there is a 2 year warranty on the AFMrLE and MBrLE so that is pretty nice in case anything significant comes up.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Many of these songs, I've never heard before. I am still surprised that some of his tunes, which would have been perfect for this pin, where not included.

Billboard list his top 100 hits by year as :

1977 #48 Alice Cooper You And Me
1975 #62 Alice Cooper Only Women Bleed
1972 #75 Alice Cooper School's Out
1977 #82 Alice Cooper I Never Cry
1979 #87 Alice Cooper How You Gonna See Me Now
1989 #91 Alice Cooper Poison

All great songs

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why let that deter you from buying the game? I don't see how
anyone could possibly think IMDN music is any good...but I own the
pin because it's fun.

It's not necessarily deterring me, there are just a handful of pins I want that are ahead of Alice Cooper and I fear that list may grow as new games are announced. If I end up having a huge gameroom with plenty of room, and the funds are available, I may make a splash on one in the future. Music pins are tough for me as I am a musician and the music does matter a little bit more than it probably should. AC/DC is my favorite of the music pins in regards to the actual music, but I'd still rather have an Alice Cooper or a Metallica (though that's less important because I have GOTG, which is essentially the same playfield layout).

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm a fan of AC, but clearly not much of one, beyond his very
early 'greatest hits'. Many of these songs, I've never heard
before. I am still surprised that some of his tunes, which would
have been perfect for this pin, where not included.

You're likely right that most will think that way. I'm in the odd camp that's familiar with nearly everything he's put out (including oddities such as Identity Crisis from renting Monster Dog as a kid ) and am happy with their selections (Lost In America being the only dud for me--weakest track on that album IMO, and doesn't really fit the game). Tracks such as Eighteen and School's Out, etc. don't really fit the game either. Brutal Planet was the track I really hoped would make it in, and to my surprise, it did (Dead Babies was 2nd in line, but of course not present--Dead/Demon baby props being used in all 5 live shows I've seen, it seemed like it should have been fit in the creepy castle somewhere ).

It would be impossible to please everyone, and I can see how those that only know the radio tracks would be expecting to hear all of the hits, but again, I think Spooky did a good job with song selection. If all 500 owners were polled, I'm sure we'd get 500 different preferences.

With RZ and Alice pins having been made, I'm not sure what my next dream theme music pin would be. Sadly Dio is gone (no custom callouts)--would have been incredible to have a Dio pin with fantasy/medieval themes (A darker themed version of Paragon comes to mind for art style).

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm a fan of AC, but clearly not much of one, beyond his very
early 'greatest hits'. Many of these songs, I've never heard
before. I am still surprised that some of his tunes, which would
have been perfect for this pin, where not included.

I'm a HUGE Alice Cooper fan, and I have been since 1989-ish. I'm very familiar with all his albums, and that's what's cool about this game for me - it feels like it was made for his fans, albeit in subtle ways. There's lots of tongue-in-cheek references to his songs and albums within the callouts. There's even a reference printed in front of the shooter lane, from AC's 3rd album, "Love it to Death."

My two cents on a fantasy AC pinball song opportunity...using the song "Clones" during a 4-ball multi-ball!

#574 4 years ago

Is there a complete list of all of the songs that are used in the game even if for a small sample sound effect?

#575 4 years ago

Earlier in the thread someone put together a spotify playlist of the 10 songs.
https://open.spotify.com/user/joelreeves/playlist/6pU2XNBKwqJFtKSfJyXZ6q?si=XmYcr9BoSga_UfmNevPqUA

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is there a complete list of all of the songs that are used in the game even if for a small sample sound effect?

#576 4 years ago

Is there a funnier song than "Go to Hell"? I had forgotten about it until I played ACNC - pure genius.

#577 4 years ago

I saw the earlier list but was wondering if there are any hidden songs, song samples, song snips, in the game elsewhere.

#578 4 years ago

Let’s see if anyone else is having the same problem I am. When I hit a hard shot up the right ramp the ball hits the rubber ring at the top and comes back while the one way gate is still up. A reject. It has to be a perfect shot up the ramp to do this. I’ve tried bending the gate a little to make it a tighter squeeze to get through but it is still happening. Anyone else?

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

wondering if there are any hidden songs

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Let’s see if anyone else is having the same problem I am. When I hit a hard shot up the right ramp the ball hits the rubber ring at the top and comes back while the one way gate is still up. A reject. It has to be a perfect shot up the ramp to do this. I’ve tried bending the gate a little to make it a tighter squeeze to get through but it is still happening. Anyone else?

The silicone rubber on the other side of the gate is too bouncy and the recoil too fast. Replace it with a black standard rubber to deaden it.

#581 4 years ago

I’ll see if I have one around. Thanks.

#582 4 years ago

I have an issue with the sound distorting but only on certain sounds it seems; notably the hurry up after a monster mode, that one is the worst but there are others, just not as bad. I have tried numerous dial settings on the preamp, any other suggestions? If anyone can share their settings that would work as well. Thanks!

#583 4 years ago

I was having sound issues like that, and they were solved by making sure the plug in the back of the amp in the cabinet was good and seated.

#584 4 years ago

I have been looking in the settings but can't find it can anyone tell me where it's under to disable extra ball's thanks.

#585 4 years ago

I am using 1.0.6.21 code. After each game, a ball moves from the trough into the shooter lane. So when I try to start up the next game, a ball is missing. I have to launch the ball and wait until it goes to the trough before I can start the next game.

Anyone else?

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Replacing the rubber it hits when it exists the gate can help. Also, check to see if the castle mold on the right side is pushing the ramp down. On mine the castle was installed a little too low and it was taking some of the steepness of the ramp away. I moved the castle up a little bit to take the pressure of the ramp. That fixed the issue for me.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

My two cents on a fantasy AC pinball song opportunity...using the song "Clones" during a 4-ball multi-ball!

That would be sick!

I would love to know if Alice is getting any exposure to his pin; the music, the call outs etc... I'm not sure how well he plays or maybe with just watching others when they visit him but I am curious to know if he will have some ideas that he goes back to Spooky on. Changes, enhancements... That would be very cool.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I think that any time you chime in and provide answers and direction, it is extremely appreciated. It certainly sets Spooky far apart from at least one of the big guys

I swear we do care, try, and do all we can to make the best games possible and keep everyone happy.

I've seen the next code update, and hooooooly man. COOL STUFF COMING!

And yes Green Hornet, code still does have a long way to go... we're not stopping until it makes even you happy!

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Coming.................................when?

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It's pinball, so I'll just say "soon" and not get myself in trouble!

#591 4 years ago

Pinsider A to Pinsider B: "Charlie said new code is coming soon".
Pinsider B to Pinsider C: "Charlie said new code coming at noon".

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I like the fact that modes are not timed

I played a routed ACNC for the first time last week and was very impressed with everything about the game, except for this.

It would be better if timed modes could be implemented in settings in a future update.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I played a routed ACNC for the first time last week and was very impressed with everything about the game, except for this.
It would be better if timed modes could be implemented in settings in a future update.

If you can check out the Special When Lit podcast next week - Bowen will have something to say about this.

#594 4 years ago

I swear we do care, try, and do all we can to make the best games possible and keep everyone happy.
And yes Green Hornet, code still does have a long way to go... we're not stopping until it makes even you happy!

Nice greenhornet . Maybe a keep friends close!! keep enemies closer..

#595 4 years ago

Well I don't want to speak for you of course but this weekend would be a great time for new code. Excellent thinking!

#596 4 years ago

All is good. Spooky and Nitro took care of the damage. Sent new side rails and top and bottom parts of back box to replace the damaged areas.

16946A8B-80FE-4811-BA43-8515B1D8F16F (resized).jpeg16946A8B-80FE-4811-BA43-8515B1D8F16F (resized).jpeg
#597 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

According to id Software when they were working on the Quake series.... "Two weeks!"

#598 4 years ago

this game is so much fun! I'm a mediocre player at best and the shots are fine after a few games. My wife is over 100MM and I'm close after 55 games between the two of us in 24 hours. Big ups to the Spooky team

#599 4 years ago

Man, the way the Pound’s going against the Dollar i’m almost starting to hope Spooky slow down a little!
Almost.

#600 4 years ago

Relatively new release; which fits nicely with Alice Cooper's NC. No dead babies, just a ghost. Cup holder for your tasty beverages.

IMG_4241 (resized).JPGIMG_4241 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.