(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 161.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I have #167 - Anyone have any idea what number we're on?

#62 delivered to California last week

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you. I'll have to give that a try. I thought my issue went away after updating the code, but sure enough it happened again a couple days ago.

I currently have a working solution to one of my habitrail issues. A fast left ramp shot that smoothly went to the left habitrail would fly off near the upper playfield at the first bend and head near SDTM (was happening very often for me). It's an arched castle piece that installs on the rail (doesn't block view of anything other than the bland, green plastic underneath). [before/after photos added below--better photos will be available when the mod is offered]. Even if I didn't need to fix the ball hop issue, I love seeing the ball go through the tunnel (and the scream sound effect that times well with the ball flying out of it--allows my imagination to wander and wonder what monsters are inside the tunnel...yeah, I never grew up )
I'm currently on the 7th revision of a tower mod for the backboard/vampire. This is intended to be offered as part of an upper playfield set with the rail mod.
As I'm also developing some IJ mods with borrowed parts, I'm not sure when these will get a proper reveal and be offered, but hopefully soon.
There will be an RGB lighted mod for ACNC later on, amongst some other mod plans (While I don't want to put much on the lower left habitrail exit, I do have occasional ball hop issues there that sometimes go into the outlane, so I'll likely have to make some sort of simple solution there without blocking view of any inserts, etc.).
[quoted image][quoted image]
EDIT: As a side-note, to my surprise, my friends and fiance have all considered ACNC their favorite pinball machine. I couldn't believe when my fiance played ACNC about 20 times in a row. At first I thought she was just playing while I was occupied with some renovation work, but kept playing with enthusiasm even after I was done (she never did that with any other game). When I got Maiden, nobody else liked it and would only play it if I asked them to. Now friends are asking to come play ACNC regularly (that hasn't happened since GB).

8th Prototype of the 3D Vampire Tower Mod looks good, fits well, and has a strong mounting tab, so I went ahead with a first test paint (not cleared here). Top right is the slight 3D extension to the monster's finger wrapping over the tower. I wanted to do this mod to remove the appearance of the eyes as just being a floating insert (hard to tell there's a a tower silhouette there when playing in the dark). This gives a clear sense of being glared at from the tower

20190507_221712 (resized).jpg20190507_221712 (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

8th Prototype of the 3D Vampire Tower Mod looks good, fits well, and has a strong mounting tab, so I went ahead with a first test paint (not cleared here). Top right is the slight 3D extension to the monster's finger wrapping over the tower. I wanted to do this mod to remove the appearance of the eyes as just being a floating insert (hard to tell there's a a tower silhouette there when playing in the dark). This gives a clear sense of being glared at from the tower [quoted image][quoted image]

Some additional photos. Final paint will likely be slightly different (detail for production versions will be a bit better as well), but this is getting close.

20190508_002437 (resized).jpg20190508_002437 (resized).jpg20190508_002459 (resized).jpg20190508_002459 (resized).jpg20190508_002522 (resized).jpg20190508_002522 (resized).jpgACNC111 (resized).jpgACNC111 (resized).jpg
#504 4 years ago

What kind of trim does the game come with stock? If you don't go with powder coating, is it silver or black?

And those of you with the game. How's the shaker integration? Does it stray outside of the bass notes? Do tell...

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

but this is getting close.

Spooky approved!!! That's a great looking piece and idea. Nice job!

#506 4 years ago

Just paid in full, should have it in the house in about 2 weeks #97

#507 4 years ago

I paid #76 2 weeks ago and still waiting on call

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Just paid in full, should have it in the house in about 2 weeks #97

Seems a bit optimistic. I'm 87 and I paid my distro a few weeks ago, hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully soon though, starting to get impatient.

#509 4 years ago

I'm #86 Paid weeks ago, no word yet

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm 87 and I paid my distro a few weeks ago

I think your distributor will be chiming in here, but you are all on the line (86 & 87).

Quoted from pinhacker71:

Not for long you won't!

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Your game will be picked up by FedEx tomorrow! Tracking emailed

#512 4 years ago

Looks like a few Alice Coopers are headed Down Under:

https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Seems a bit optimistic. I'm 87 and I paid my distro a few weeks ago, hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully soon though, starting to get impatient.

I bought mine straight from Spooky, I don't know how the distributor piece is figured on delivery. I was told 2 weeks earlier today.

#514 4 years ago

Just picked up an ACNC slot. I’m in!

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just picked up an ACNC slot. I’m in!

What number did you get?

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

What number did you get?

Something in the 340 range...

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Looks like a few Alice Coopers are headed Down Under:
https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/

Can’t wait game #118 on its way down under. Now the 6 to 8 week wait...are we there yet! I have a SW Prem coming next week so the wait won’t be so bad. Chris and Dom do a great job looking after Aussie Spooky customers, thanks guys.

#518 4 years ago

I’m #89 and paid in full six weeks ago.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Are you kidding? That’s unacceptable.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Can’t wait game #118 on its way down under. Now the 6 to 8 week wait...are we there yet! I have a SW Prem coming next week so the wait won’t be so bad. Chris and Dom do a great job looking after Aussie Spooky customers, thanks guys.

A local pub just got a SW Premium. Been playing it for last couple weeks. Awesome pin! Congrats!!

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Some additional photos. Final paint will likely be slightly different (detail for production versions will be a bit better as well), but this is getting close.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent mods! Sign me up!!

#522 4 years ago

Alright. I think I'm going into dark mode on ACNC. Done looking at photos... watching videos... reading about game rules..

Looking forward to unboxing the game and letting the fun of pinball discovery happen (hopefully sometime in the next 5 or 6 months!).

#523 4 years ago

Should rarely be more than 2 weeks from the time you get a "game on line" notice... talk to your distributor. We don't want you waiting that long either.

#524 4 years ago

All 80s are on the line. It’s an imperfect science with predicting timing. We try to be 30 days out on due dates to give folks time to pay. Our round of last invoices for 80s we threw out a due date of 4/17. Still within 30 days, as we were told these 80s would be in 2 weeks. There was a run of butters put in there last month that pushed things back a bit that may have messed up our original estimates. Good news is the 80s are coming soon !

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Good news is the 80s are coming soon !

zzzzz-11-11_ent_36092714_I1 (resized).JPGzzzzz-11-11_ent_36092714_I1 (resized).JPG
#526 4 years ago

Can’t wait. Now I gotta figure out how to explain it to my wife. Not sure the “it’s always been there and you just haven’t noticed” is going to work this time.

#527 4 years ago

Folks that have put on Mylar ... how long was your sheet to protect playfield from ball coming out of the scoop on the left ? Maybe my VUK is firing too hard as it appears the ball sometimes lands 1/3 past the left sling, well into the bat wing graphic (a distance of 6 - 8 inches) ? A Mylar that long crosses the path towards the outlanes on the left...doesn't sound right?

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

All 80s are on the line. It’s an imperfect science with predicting timing. We try to be 30 days out on due dates to give folks time to pay. Our round of last invoices for 80s we threw out a due date of 4/17. Still within 30 days, as we were told these 80s would be in 2 weeks. There was a run of butters put in there last month that pushed things back a bit that may have messed up our original estimates. Good news is the 80s are coming soon !

Oh it’s all good, I’m not mad or anything. People were just shouting out their stats, so I thought I would. I know it’s coming soon. I waited for three years for my WOZ that was DOA when it finally showed up. Waiting for Alice is a cakewalk!

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Alright. I think I'm going into dark mode on ACNC. Done looking at photos... watching videos... reading about game rules..
Looking forward to unboxing the game and letting the fun of pinball discovery happen (hopefully sometime in the next 5 or 6 months!).

I think that's a good idea. I'll be getting mine soon, but I did the same a month or so ago. No point on "spoiling" things, since I'll be getting it no matter what.

#530 4 years ago

Cancelled my deposit on Willy Wonka LE today and ordered ACNC with all options including butter cabinet. Couldn’t resist this game and it’s a better value than JJP LE games. I met Alice back in the 90s in my late teens and he’s a heck of a nice guy. Always enjoyed Alice Cooper music as well, this pin will be right at home next to Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Aerosmith. Do these come with Invisiglass or just standard glass?

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Do these come with Invisiglass or just standard glass?

Standard glass.

#532 4 years ago

Anyone put one of these on route yet? I am toying with that idea.

Surprisingly, TNA did not do well for me on route. It was too hard for the family friendly location. Mix of a lot of casual players but also some dedicated pinheads.

I've got #99 on hold until I decide what to do.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Surprisingly, TNA did not do well for me on route. It was too hard for the family friendly location. Mix of a lot of casual players but also some dedicated pinheads.

Recbar in Louisville has one on location! They also have a TNA.

#534 4 years ago

Comics 2 Games in Florence KY also has TNA and ACNC on location.

pballjunkie

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Cancelled my deposit on Willy Wonka LE today and ordered ACNC with all options including butter cabinet. Couldn’t resist this game and it’s a better value than JJP LE games. I met Alice back in the 90s in my late teens and he’s a heck of a nice guy. Always enjoyed Alice Cooper music as well, this pin will be right at home next to Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Aerosmith. Do these come with Invisiglass or just standard glass?

I've been considering doing the same. Wonka or a ACNC and Deadpool Pro? (Obviously option two would cost just a bit more)

#536 4 years ago

It would be nice to see feedback. At my location neither TWD or TNA did well. SMVE, AFMr, MBr, Hobbit, GoT Pro have all done well to varying degrees. I also have toyed with putting a BM66 in there next time I switch something out. GBLE went in last weekend so it will be interesting to see how it does.

Just not sure if Alice will fit the bill or not.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I was eyeballing ACNC during the Silverball Showdown at Cactus Jacks in OKC last weekend. Mainly curious about how much attention it would get with tons of machines on the floor. It was set up super tight for the tournament, but I noticed it getting a lot of attention. Obviously I'm not operating it, so it's just my opinion and simple conjecture really. But it certainly seemed to be getting a lot of attention. It seemed like every time I was in that area, someone was on it.

#538 4 years ago

#76 has arrived.

D7A960E5-FD1F-4379-B09F-63BAA84AED4D (resized).jpegD7A960E5-FD1F-4379-B09F-63BAA84AED4D (resized).jpeg
#539 4 years ago

I have a couple of spots open in the in the early 200's if anyone is looking to get in "soon." still a little time left to get options ordered too.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a couple of spots open in the in the early 200's if anyone is looking to get in "soon." still a little time left to get options ordered too.

I would like to think I understand this but I don't..... I bought my game from a distributor on the 2nd day after it was released and I got in the 320's. I would of rather waited till now and got in the low 200's. I thought if I got in early I would get a better number than i did if lower numbers are still available. Also I didnt know one distributor would have lower numbers than another. That would of been good to know.

#541 4 years ago

Opened box at freight dock. No dameage. When I set up game I noticed rails were rubbed pretty bad from the head. Loooked inside head and supports were broken. Looks like it was dropped but box was fine and styrofoam was fine. Looks like should be easy fix with new braces for head and some new head trim and maybe side armor. I’ll talk to distributor. Weird that there was no damage to box. Almost like it was dropped perfectly flat. One of those shock sensor things Jersey jack uses would help for this I would think.

17AE3A3A-25C1-4C27-BD41-AD8B3B6DD51D (resized).jpeg17AE3A3A-25C1-4C27-BD41-AD8B3B6DD51D (resized).jpeg
#542 4 years ago

Game plays great. No other issues.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I would like to think I understand this but I don't..... I bought my game from a distributor on the 2nd day after it was released and I got in the 320's. I would of rather waited till now and got in the low 200's. I thought if I got in early I would get a better number than i did if lower numbers are still available. Also I didnt know one distributor would have lower numbers than another. That would of been good to know.

distributors were given an allotment of games that had groups in each batch (so no one distributor would get 50 in a row). I just happen to have a couple available that haven't been sold. i have some numbers in the 300 and 400's too, but they were specific numbers that people asked for and are therefore gone.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

distributors were given an allotment of games that had groups in each batch (so no one distributor would get 50 in a row). I just happen to have a couple available that haven't been sold. i have some numbers in the 300 and 400's too, but they were specific numbers that people asked for and are therefore gone.

I still don't get it but I probably never will. Anyways, I would like to move my game to you and get a lower number. I thought everywhere I could buy would be equal in the process. I guess the only consistent thing in the buying/numbering process is that it is inconsistent.

#545 4 years ago

#71 in the house!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#546 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Opened box at freight dock. No dameage. When I set up game I noticed rails were rubbed pretty bad from the head. Loooked inside head and supports were broken. Looks like it was dropped but box was fine and styrofoam was fine. Looks like should be easy fix with new braces for head and some new head trim and maybe side armor. I’ll talk to distributor. Weird that there was no damage to box. Almost like it was dropped perfectly flat. One of those shock sensor things Jersey jack uses would help for this I would think.
[quoted image]

I bet they’ll send you a new head

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

[quoted image]

Boy I hope that wasn't a butter cab.

#548 4 years ago

Not a butter. It’s weird. Decals are perfect. Nothing damaged on Playfield. Everything looked perfect until I moved the head into position. Not sure how it could have happened.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Not a butter. It’s weird. Decals are perfect. Nothing damaged on Playfield. Everything looked perfect until I moved the head into position. Not sure how it could have happened.

Maybe it was dropped at the factory and boxed like that. Shouldn't have happened, but it is possible.

#550 4 years ago

Freight likely dropped it. I had a dialed in in come in with box looking perfect but game was smashed. The tip and tell had been set off, but the box looked perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/11?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.