(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 161.
#5851 3 years ago

I've had balls stuck in both places. Bought both trees (at separate times) and not had balls stuck in either place since.

#5852 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, they're MOSFETs. Not sure of the P/N withtout taking my board out, though.

This is the right MOSFET

IMG_1526 (resized).jpgIMG_1526 (resized).jpg
#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you guys think these ball stuck trees from Pinball Life are needed?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No

#5854 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never got those trees, nor have I ever gotten a ball stuck at at those depicted areas. So, while I know some have, since I have not had that personally happen, I would say NO from my experience.
Can always get them down the line, if needed.

#5856 3 years ago

There will be another code update coming... just FYI.

All I want to say for now. Stay tuned! We want this as good as you do.

#5857 3 years ago

did you release the code yet?

when is the code release?

is it out yet?

#5858 3 years ago
431f41cd72078063a870d3dbe8a3fd01 (resized).jpg431f41cd72078063a870d3dbe8a3fd01 (resized).jpg
#5859 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

is it out yet?

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#5860 3 years ago

It was a joke to Charlie's previous post.

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have of two of these trees installed on my ACNC - one in the suggested upper playfield location and the other along the left side on the lower playfield. The latter for aesthethics only - I didn't like it jammed next to the left ramp as recommended.

I don't think they're critically needed to prevent stuck balls - especially in the lower area. However, I can say that they look VERY cool (really fluorescent) in specific mode lighting instances provided by Pin Stadium lights. And no - I'm not a Pin Stadium fanboy. I only have them on my ACNC and Houdini as both are dark, and they also provide great special lighting effects when the shaker is activated. (I really need to get around to posting a video for others to appreciate this).

#5862 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

is it out yet?

We suggest you contact [email protected]

#5863 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Mini wizard mode, super scary spinner, spooky loops, run for your life ramps, escape the crypt, rework Bdb wizard mode ? More animation and sound? This pin is killer as is, only you guys and gals have the ability to make it the best that ever was. I believe spooky I believe...

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Makes me so happy SpookyCharlie - this pin deserves the love!

#5865 3 years ago

I’m joining the club! Paid for and shipped today from a pinsider. Now I have to make room for it. Can’t wait! Plus new code coming, this game is gonna kick ass!

#5866 3 years ago

So many questions!? Especially when you look at the mystery lock. What’s the jail , tilt next player, battle mummy, 100,000 bolts? What else will be added to the rooms? So exciting!! I know SpookyCharlie can’t give clues...but I wish he could!! I suppose secrecy is currency in pinball .

#5867 3 years ago

I want an ORANGE Zombie mode!!!!!!!!!!!
The current color is the same as default GREEN! That's not right!!!!!!!

#5868 3 years ago

But how about your experiences with the latest code?

Quoted from DrBernd:

Hello everybody,
since January 19, 2021 the new Game Code 1.1.0.4. has been published, I would like to refresh this article and share my observations...

#5869 3 years ago

So there was a recent code update this last January, version 1.1.0.4?

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m joining the club! Paid for and shipped today from a pinsider. Now I have to make room for it. Can’t wait! Plus new code coming, this game is gonna kick ass!

Congrats!!! You're going to love this game.
It's so cool, and so addictive

#5871 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So there was a recent code update this last January, version 1.1.0.4?

Yes

#5872 3 years ago

I am picking up a Alice tomorrow and would like to know what to look for and how does the magnet between the flipper work!

#5873 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am picking up a Alice tomorrow and would like to know what to look for and how does the magnet between the flipper work!

light the outlane magna save by spelling "SAVE" on each of the outlane and inlane rollovers. Once you have lit it, the S & the E will be solid lit pink. Then if while they are lit pink you drain on either the left or right outlane, the magnet in the middle should stop the ball from reaching the trough then throw it back into the playfield. There are a couple different patterns in the settings if you have having problems with it dropping down instead of flying back up into play.

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

'm not a Pin Stadium fanboy. I only have them on my ACNC and Houdini as both are dark, and they also provide great special lighting effects when the shaker is activated. (I really need to get around to posting a video for others to appreciate this).

Did you get regular Pinstadiums or did you go with Fusion?

#5875 3 years ago

I can say that they look VERY cool (really fluorescent) in specific mode lighting instances provided by Pin Stadium lights. And no - I'm not a Pin Stadium fanboy. I only have them on my ACNC and Houdini as both are dark, and they also provide great special lighting effects when the shaker is activated. (I really need to get around to posting a video for others to appreciate this).

Same here. I purchased pinstadiums when they were actually somewhat affordable (~150) and I got them for 3 pins before the price went up (DI, MBr, ACNC). I sold the first two but with ACNC... wow. The pinstadiums make the playfield glow a goulish green, it's really cool. The shaker motor makes the UV flash at just the right time. Frankenstein multiball is amazing with the pinstadiums.

But I gotta admit, they are overpriced now. If they were $150 I'd have to buy them for each of the ~10 or so pins I'm about to acquire. At their current price, I gotta pass. Why couldn't someone make a competing product without the UV and charge like $99? I'd buy them out!

#5876 3 years ago

Just FYI for everyone having issues with the frank lock rollover switches, I’m working with Matt at M&M Creations to help them work out a magnetic read switch to replace these switches. You might shoot Sonic a message and let him know there is interest (I’m assuming there is). Lots of people buying their magnetic read switches for R&M are really happy with the results.

I’ve adjusted the second lock switch on Alice 3-4 times and always seem to have problems with it, so I like the idea of replacing it and not having to mess with it.

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Did you get regular Pinstadiums or did you go with Fusion?

Neither actually. I bought the NEO version which eliminates the zebra striping that I've hated about their regular version, has the secondary lighting tied into the shaker, and is $150 cheaper than their super wowie NEO Fusion version.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Same here. I purchased pinstadiums when they were actually somewhat affordable (~150) and I got them for 3 pins before the price went up (DI, MBr, ACNC). I sold the first two but with ACNC... wow. The pinstadiums make the playfield glow a goulish green, it's really cool. The shaker motor makes the UV flash at just the right time. Frankenstein multiball is amazing with the pinstadiums.

But I gotta admit, they are overpriced now. ...

Yep - VERY cool, but not cheap unfortunately. I can justify the cost for a couple of games in my collection (such as ACNC) though that really benefit from the added light and effects.

#5878 3 years ago

dup post

#5879 3 years ago

Neither actually. I bought the NEO version which eliminates the zebra striping that I've hated about their regular version, has the secondary lighting tied into the shaker, and is $150 cheaper than their super wowie NEO Fusion version.

Yep - VERY cool, but not cheap unfortunately. I can justify the cost for a couple of games in my collection (such as ACNC) though that really benefit from the added light and effects.

So you hooked up the UV glow to the shaker, not a flasher circuit?

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So you hooked up the UV glow to the shaker, not a flasher circuit?

Yes - Pin Stadium specifically recommends hooking the special effects string to the shaker on ACNC (and Houdini too).

Goes off more than you might think too. As MEuRaH said, these add a whole nother layer of lighting effects on the already now code enhanced Frankenstein mode start!

#5881 3 years ago

Yes - Pin Stadium specifically recommends hooking the special effects string to the shaker on ACNC (and Houdini too).
Goes off more than you might think too. As MEuRaH said, these add a whole nother layer of lighting effects on the already now code enhanced Frankenstein mode start!

Have you ahoy any video?

#5882 3 years ago

Yes please show a video of the UV effects with the pin stadiums. Do you have to have the shaker?

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes please show a video of the UV effects with the pin stadiums. Do you have to have the shaker?

Quoted from 27dnast:

Have you ahoy any video?

#5884 3 years ago

That’s great. Come to think of it, I can’t recall how often the shaker gets used?

#5885 3 years ago

Never mind. Pinstadium vid above showed enough. Cheers

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

There is a video that spooky put out that discusses taking the resistors out of circuit with the magnets, which ultimately produces better results. In addition, there is a small round PETG plastic, I believe sold by pinball life, that situates itself on top of the magnet and also helps with the reliability of the magnet to both catch and throw the ball back into the playfield. Together, I would say that on my machine I experience the ball being caught and thrown 90 plus percent of the time. Prior to these two maneuvers, I was having rather poor success with the ball catching and throwing from the center magnet.

#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

There is a video that spooky put out that discusses taking the resistors out of circuit with the magnets, which ultimately produces better results. In addition, there is a small round PETG plastic, I believe sold by pinball life, that situates itself on top of the magnet and also helps with the reliability of the magnet to both catch and throw the ball back into the playfield. Together, I would say that on my machine I experience the ball being caught and thrown 90 plus percent of the time. Prior to these two maneuvers, I was having rather poor success with the ball catching and throwing from the center magnet.

Mine was not working before I did both of these fixes. Now it is 100%

#5888 3 years ago

Is it difficult removing the resistors from the circuit with the magnets? How is this done.

#5889 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is it difficult removing the resistors from the circuit with the magnets? How is this done.

There's only one resistor, for the front (lower) magnet. Really simple - just solder a shot wire from one end of the resistor to the other. Or, unsolder both wires and connect them together. Either way, real simple.

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It also depends on when yours was built. Late builds do not have the resistor. I just added the plastic disc from Pinball Life and my magnet works 100% since then. Prior, it only saved it occasionally...

#5891 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll have to see once I get my game. Since what date or serial number is considered a late build?

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

There's only one resistor, for the front (lower) magnet. Really simple - just solder a shot wire from one end of the resistor to the other. Or, unsolder both wires and connect them together. Either way, real simple.

dumb question- where is the resistor located? on the driver board?

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

dumb question- where is the resistor located? on the driver board?

No, it is a large, brass-looking finned thing, will be mounted under the playfield, right near the outhole/lower magnet. If you have one, you can't miss it.

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, it is a large, brass-looking finned thing, will be mounted under the playfield, right near the outhole/lower magnet. If you have one, you can't miss it.

i must not have one then - Thanks

#5895 3 years ago

If anyone is trying to sell their ACNC pm me! I'm on the hunt for one!

#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:If anyone is trying to sell they're acnc pm me! I'm on the hunt for one!

Great choice!! Hope you find one

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Is physically disconnecting the resistor a better option than just turning it off in the settings?

#5898 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Is physically disconnecting the resistor a better option than just turning it off in the settings?

The setting in the software is YOU telling IT whether the resistor is installed or not.

If you have tried all three patterns on your game with 'Resistor' on AND off, and you still can't get it working, then bypass the resistor, and try all 6 settings (3 patterns with resistor on and off), and find one that works for your game.

The two settings (Pattern and Resistor) just adjusts the timing of the magnet's on time to properly toss the ball.

Selecting 'no' for resistor does not actully bypass the resistor.

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The setting in the software is YOU telling IT whether the resistor is installed or not.
If you have tried all three patterns on your game with 'Resistor' on AND off, and you still can't get it working, then bypass the resistor, and try all 6 settings (3 patterns with resistor on and off), and find one that works for your game.
The two settings (Pattern and Resistor) just adjusts the timing of the magnet's on time to properly toss the ball.
Selecting 'no' for resistor does not actully bypass the resistor.

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense (I did wonder how you turn a resistor off!).
It works more often than not for me - but seems slightly less reliable since the last update.

#5900 3 years ago

Is there a change log for the most recent update available?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/118?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.