(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 160.
#5551 3 years ago

Thanks guys thought I check everywhere. Must be getting old.

#5552 3 years ago

I'm putting my ACNC up for sale. PM me if interested.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale - Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle from Spooky Pinball. I am the first and only owner and I picked it up from the Spooky Factory in August 2019. It has been home use only i...”
2020-12-15
Oshkosh, WI
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 365 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5553 3 years ago

Anyone installed an external volume control or headphone jack?

#5554 3 years ago

Is it possible we get new code before the end of the year? Noticed mine is on 1.1.0.1 and I can go to 1.1.0.2, but thought I would wait if there is a chance of new code soon.

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is it possible we get new code before the end of the year? Noticed mine is on 1.1.0.1 and I can go to 1.1.0.2, but thought I would wait if there is a chance of new code soon.

Better had do, been too long.
Tbf probably wouldn't buy another spooky cos of this.
Let's hope

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There's ALWAYS a possibility. As with any game.

If it happens, great! Based on past history, I certainly wouldn't count on anything soon with ACNC though.

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Better had do, been too long.
Tbf probably wouldn't buy another spooky cos of this

lol!

What’s the matter with the game as it is?

Doesn’t work?

No wizard mode?

Just count yourself lucky you don’t own a Munsters. Lol

FWIW Charlie said today they are working on new code for release soon.

Hope it’ll make you happy!

rd

87DA0EC5-C59B-4C76-9201-E258485A5FFE (resized).jpeg87DA0EC5-C59B-4C76-9201-E258485A5FFE (resized).jpeg
#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Doesn’t work?

Tons of bugs, many modes are unbalanced, a bunch of unimplemented settings, missing settings, broken menu buttons, multiple changes in the most recent update that people really dislike, etc?

#5559 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tons of bugs, many modes are unbalanced, a bunch of unimplemented settings, missing settings, broken menu buttons, multiple changes in the most recent update that people really dislike, etc?

Can’t say I dislike anything or have noticed too much busted ...

However I do admit that I probably don’t play it as much as you guys do.

I’m just happy that when I get to the Wizard mode these days it doesn’t crash like it used to.

rd

#5560 3 years ago

Wizard mode. any machine, just once.

NotGunnaHappenPunkin

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wizard mode. any machine, just once.
NotGunnaHappenPunkin

Sure you can! Just set it to co-op mode with 4 players! It's how I do it!!

#5562 3 years ago

When I have a slow rolling ball, it gets hung up on this rivet. Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

20201218_172901 (resized).jpg20201218_172901 (resized).jpg20201218_174009 (resized).jpg20201218_174009 (resized).jpg
#5563 3 years ago

Hmm... I've never had a ball get hung up there on my pin.

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

When I have a slow rolling ball, it gets hung up on this rivet. Has anyone come up with a fix for this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Me too, drives me insane. I was able to lessen how often it happened by bending the gate (a lot of the hang ups were rebounds off the rubber outside the gate, which I changed to a flipper rubber per an earlier suggestion), but it still happens often enough that I don’t even keep a tilt bob in the game so I can shake it loose once every third or fourth game.

If anyone has found a solution I would be incredibly appreciative if you’d share

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Me too, drives me insane. I was able to lessen how often it happened by bending the gate (a lot of the hang ups were rebounds off the rubber outside the gate, which I changed to a flipper rubber per an earlier suggestion), but it still happens often enough that I don’t even keep a tilt bob in the game so I can shake it loose once every third or fourth game.
If anyone has found a solution I would be incredibly appreciative if you’d share

I am toying with the idea of grinding it a bit flater.
I was hoping someone with 3d printer skills would have made a cover over it to level it out.

#5566 3 years ago

I have it happen occasionally. I usually can't shake it loose and have to take the glass off to get it. It doesn't happen enough on mine to frustrate me though. Maybe 1 in 100 games or so.

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I’ve only had it happen a couple times in probably 1000+ games. I’ve seen some games (not ACNC) with a piece of adhesive (it looks similar to those 3M Velcro-esq pads) used to push a ball off a certain area. I’m wondering if you could put a very small cut out of that (maybe 2-3 MM square) on the area of the ramp exit you circled in your second pic. I’m just wondering if it would be enough to bump the ball past the Hangul area.

#5568 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I’ve only had it happen a couple times in probably 1000+ games. I’ve seen some games (not ACNC) with a piece of adhesive (it looks similar to those 3M Velcro-esq pads) used to push a ball off a certain area. I’m wondering if you could put a very small cut out of that (maybe 2-3 MM square) on the area of the ramp exit you circled in your second pic. I’m just wondering if it would be enough to bump the ball past the Hangul area.

That sounds like it might work. I am going to try it tomorrow and post results.
Thanks

#5569 3 years ago

I never had this happen. I would just put a small piece of Mylar or two over that area. That may solve it. Also, what pitch do you guys have you're table set at?

Also, I was the one who suggested the black flipper rubber to replace the stock rubber to prevent the ball from bouncing back down the ramp on a hard shot. It totally solved that problem for me. The Titan rubber I tried did not solve it either.

#5570 3 years ago

I put a rubber piece that goes in kitchen cabinets on the wall near the rivet and still would get stuck. So I put a second one directly next to the first and i havent had an issue yet. I had some pretty slow shots there and they all rolled out. I have only had it a week, but it was getting stuck there a lot. Sometimes twice in 1 game.

20201219_103333 (resized).jpg20201219_103333 (resized).jpg
#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine was doing this enough to be annoying and I saw the rivet and the plate as the problem. The ramp is pretty flat at that point and a slow ball up the ramp does not have the momentum to get over it. It does not shake out easily without tilting and usually required the glass off.
I removed the ramp, ground out the rivets and replaced them with countersunk screws with a nut. Also ground a slight bevel on the metal plate. Not a job for the faint hearted, as I needed to dremel into the mini playfield edge a little, under the plate to allow the nuts on the underside of the screws to sit flat and unobstructed. It's all under the plate so you don't see any of the work. Since I did this I have not had a ball hang up at the top of the ramp at all.
Had an interesting problem when I reassembled it though, as the ramp opto stopped working. Did a few tests and checked the other optos and found the wires had been soldered on to the opto in reverse at the factory. They had just plugged it in reverse on the opto board to get it working and I did not notice or expect reverse wiring when I disassembled. I fixed that also.

#5572 3 years ago

I had to install new ramp flaps on my Hobbit because the old ones curled up. I used the HANSON HT-174 HAND RIVET CLINCHER. There was a little flattening of the rounded top of the rivet, but it looks fine. I used the butt end of my bench vice to pound the 1/8" diameter semi-tubular rivets against. Hard wood will not work. Here is the link to the tool... https://www.amazon.com/Rivet-Clincher-Diameter-Designed-Conjunction/dp/B089745YZK/ref=sr_1_1

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg

#5573 3 years ago

Anyone here install a knocker themselves? I installed mine and it is not doing anything in test. Is there somewhere I need to turn it on? Or is plugging in all I need?

#5574 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone here install a knocker themselves? I installed mine and it is not doing anything in test. Is there somewhere I need to turn it on? Or is plugging in all I need?

I installed mine by hand. Did you also install the knocker expansion board?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-p-roc-knocker-and-shaker-expansion-board-assembly.html

#5575 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I installed mine by hand. Did you also install the knocker expansion board?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-p-roc-knocker-and-shaker-expansion-board-assembly.html

I have a shaker already and assumed knocker plugged into next to it.
My board looks like that one.

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a shaker already and assumed knocker plugged into next to it.
My board looks like that one.

Check in Adjustments, then - make sure Knocker is marked as installed..

#5577 3 years ago

I didnt see anything. Only knocker on at extra ball, and knocker in tests

#5578 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I didnt see anything. Only knocker on at extra ball, and knocker in tests

Interesting, the setting is gone in the latest version.

So, if it's not firing in test, then check wiring. Check +48v feed, and driver wire. See if the driver wire drops to ground when it's supposed to fire, and that you're getting 48v.

#5579 3 years ago

Does this look like there is no solder? Could that be my issue?

20201225_154345 (resized).jpg20201225_154345 (resized).jpg
#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

[quoted image]

That's a cold solder joint, so.. possibly?

#5581 3 years ago

I cant solder for shit, so not sure how to correct this. I might be better off just buying another board.

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I cant solder for shit, so not sure how to correct this. I might be better off just buying another board.

I would verify that hat IS the issue before spending more money. The 16-driver boards have been known to lose a driver (transistor) here and there - so while that cold solder joint could be bad, it may not be the cause unless you've done other testing.

#5583 3 years ago

Not too sure what to test, and I have a multimeter that I'm not sure how to use. So may just keep living without a knocker til I need to order something at pinball life.

#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Plug a basic soldering iron in. Melt some solder on the tip. Touch it to the connection to melt the original solder and transfer the new solder.

Done. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

#5585 3 years ago

dup

#5586 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

[quoted image]

I'd say there's a 99% chance that's your problem. That looks like it got barely any solder on it when being built. I had the same issue on one of my TNA displays when I first got it. I put a bit of solder on it and it's been fine ever since.

It's super easy to solder something like that. Basic soldering iron and a drop of solder.

#5587 3 years ago

Finally got some good solder on the board, and it works now. Thanks for all the help!

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Finally got some good solder on the board, and it works now. Thanks for all the help!

There are many great videos on YouTube on soldering. If you're going to own pinball machines it's a necessity. You can practice on all kinds of old junk boards or just with wires etc. It's pretty easy unless you're going to get into tiny surface mount stuff. But, there's videos on that too. Some practice is all you need once you understand the basics. I think it's fun!

#5589 3 years ago

Where's the Christmas code update??

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Where's the Christmas code update??

Same place as the Halloween code update.

#5591 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Put the heated iron on one side of the pin and solder on the other. When it melts, remove the iron and solder. Done.

Edit. Looks like you got it. Great!

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Same place as the Halloween code update.

The only mention of potential release dates has come from speculation in this thread. I would caution against getting any hopes up. Frankly, the longer it takes, the more likely it will include some noticeable changes! So, I’m good with the wait!

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The only mention of potential release dates has come from speculation in this thread. ...

Not complete speculation as Charlie stated in an October podcast that Spooky would be doing fun things with past games for Halloween.

#5594 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to get the speaker lights the same brightness?

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are you meaning.. "with each other", or the same brightness as something else?

They're both driven off of the same driver, and have the same power line run to them - so if they're not even between each other, there's something else goin' on, sadly.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Check to make sure there isn’t a loose connection. Unplug and replug the connections to make sure they are seated correctly.

#5597 3 years ago

Reseated the connections and no change. Also noticed a sling bulb that isnt the same as the other.

20201229_185734 (resized).jpg20201229_185734 (resized).jpg20201229_185830 (resized).jpg20201229_185830 (resized).jpg
#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Reseated the connections and no change. Also noticed a sling bulb that isnt the same as the other.

Sling bulb is unrelated.

But with your speaker LEDs - check that they're installed the same way. Mine are brighter, like yours on the right. Another person local to me has his dimmer, like yours on the left. ONE of ours is wrong, no idea which one.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sling bulb is unrelated.
But with your speaker LEDs - check that they're installed the same way. Mine are brighter, like yours on the right. Another person local to me has his dimmer, like yours on the left. ONE of ours is wrong, no idea which one.

Figured it out! On the bright speaker, the led's were facing towards the speaker cavity. On the other they were facing away. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

20201229_204346 (resized).jpg20201229_204346 (resized).jpg
#5600 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

All the modes have different colors except for Zombies. It's also green (Spooky should change this to orange).
So...
-Alice - Violate
-Pit Creature - Pink
-Insects - Yellow
-Igor - Light Yellow
-Ware Wolf - Purple
-Cold Ethyl -Blue
-Vampire - Red
-Zombie Green
-Frankenstein (Multi Ball) - Blueish White
-Crypt (Multi Ball) - Light Purple

I just came across this and was pretty sure tonight my Vampire mode speakers were blue. I thought that seemed wrong, but will check again tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/112?hl=paulatron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.