(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 161.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Can someone please tell me which flipper the left ramp should feed to when ball comes down from Frank multi ball? Thanks

Mine just barely makes it to the tip of the left flipper. Or its sdtm but with a little nudge timed with the flipper button I can save it 90% of the time.

#5502 3 years ago

My game really enjoys being broken. I finally got around to replacing the frank gear so now he works good. I had a stuck on left ramp opto and despite cleaning and reflowing is still stuck closed. Now the chop opto and right ramp optos are acting up how they were when I first brought it home. Rapid phantom triggers. And now the crypt drop opto is joining the party random triggers of that opto.

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Left flipper if you’re lucky. Haha

Thanks Chuckwurt!

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Medisinyls mods are awesome. Im anxiously awaiting his volcano mod for this game.
In the meantime, Ive been working on my game and adding and changing a few things and while I know adding/modding isn't everyones taste, I personally really enjoy it and wanted to share for those who might be interested is seeing.
I painted/textured/toned to all of the castle plastics as well as the skull mountain (also adding some creepy moss here and there), colored and textured the graveyard (and added a couple more gravestones along with some creepy old graveyard fence extending from the graveyard along the right side of the shooter lane). Found and painted a girl zombie figure to look like/represent Cold Ethyl (who partially hides behind the right ramp arch in front of a painted/textured crypt I thought fit well). Added some small gargoyles that sit on the castle plastics in the back right and left and added a small painted Vampire coffin in front of the right ramp exit by the Vampire target. Added a fun little "Zombie Survival Guide" book on the left and just past that a small pile of skulls sitting in between the plastics tower. Added a larger pile of skulls sitting below the left castle tower as if they were spilling out from that tower. Added some small glow in the dark candles here and there (in the left castle tower window, in front of the crypt and along the left castle pillar on the upper playfield, and they really pop visually with the UV/flasher on the Pinstadiums). Added an out of the way, somewhat hidden for its size Warewolf in the back left straddling the left orbit and then, to give that "inside the castle" feeling, a cool small framed picture of a howling werewolf.
haha, anyway, seems like a lot...and guess it is! ...but, all of these items/changes/add-ons are all diffusely placed, create no visual obstructions, add to the flavor of the theme and are all, for the most part, reversible. Funny thing is, now that these items are in place and i'm used to playing with this set up, it seems normal to me and i couldn't imagine it any different
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Modding is fun on this game, for sure. Mine haven't been as extensive, but I feel like they really added some personality to the game: Second Castle Tower, Alice Head in a Basket, and the speaker panel decal. (I'm not counting the Pop Figurines on the top, as they're just goofy)

IMG_9741 (resized).jpgIMG_9741 (resized).jpgIMG_9923 (resized).jpgIMG_9923 (resized).jpg
#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

And now the crypt drop opto is joining the party random triggers of that opto.

This one is driving me nuts, I've had this problem for months now and it's made my game unplayable as the drop target will keep going up and down, rewarding points and sending out multiballs until the game either crashes or loses track of balls/scoring. Spooky sent me a replacement opto for the crypt but it's the wrong one. Zooming in with a camera phone, I think, maybe, possibly, there's a frayed wire from one of the optos touching metal. Maybe. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned something about bending the drop target assembly to get it to align correctly with the opto, but that seems a little vague (or my memory of that post is vague). Reseating connections sometimes works for a ball or two. Doing drop target tests in settings also works for a ball or two. Just waiting for the correct optos before I take stuff off to get in there, although it's a long weekend, maybe I'll mess around anyway. Weird that it's false triggers instead of no triggers, which is what usually seems to happen with dead or dying optos.

*Speaking of the wrong opto, if anyone from Spooky sees this, I sent an email to Morgan early this morning about getting the right opto, but no response. It's a busy week, perhaps people aren't in the office at Spooky today or this week, I'm just checking to make sure Morgan still works there or if I should contact someone else. Thanks.

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

*Speaking of the wrong opto, if anyone from Spooky sees this, I sent an email to Morgan early this morning about getting the right opto, but no response. It's a busy week, perhaps people aren't in the office at Spooky today or this week, I'm just checking to make sure Morgan still works there or if I should contact 0someone else. Thanks.

Seeing as Morgan (aka Squirrel) is Chuck's daughter, I'm sure she's still there. I would contact Chris (aka the brother of Eric Menier from JJP) at [email protected]. He responds fast and knows the game inside and out.

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I've had this problem for months now and it's made my game unplayable as the drop target will keep going up and down, rewarding points and sending out multiballs until the game either crashes or loses track of balls/scoring

Welcome to my hell! The optos are a PITA to replace and it only lasted a few games before it was back to drop target mania with no ball. I think there is something else going on ... but I can relate!!

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Welcome to my hell! The optos are a PITA to replace and it only lasted a few games before it was back to drop target mania with no ball. I think there is something else going on ... but I can relate!!

Oh no. What potential solutions are you looking into now? A ball ejecting into the shooter lane is a common culprit to start the crypt lock misfiring for me. I'm so good at this game I don't even have to launch the ball to get the skill shot and crypt multiball.

#5509 3 years ago

I'm following this convo. I assume you've cleaned the optos with q-tips and isopropyl alcohol first, and checked to make sure they are lined up properly right?

#5510 3 years ago

My drop target was doing this exact thing. It ended up being a cold solder joint on the opto. I re-soldered and it's been 100% since.

3ADBAC46-1F78-4DA1-A141-90C812AB195D.jpeg3ADBAC46-1F78-4DA1-A141-90C812AB195D.jpeg
#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

This one is driving me nuts, I've had this problem for months now and it's made my game unplayable as the drop target will keep going up and down, rewarding points and sending out multiballs until the game either crashes or loses track of balls/scoring. Spooky sent me a replacement opto for the crypt but it's the wrong one. Zooming in with a camera phone, I think, maybe, possibly, there's a frayed wire from one of the optos touching metal. Maybe. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned something about bending the drop target assembly to get it to align correctly with the opto, but that seems a little vague (or my memory of that post is vague). Reseating connections sometimes works for a ball or two. Doing drop target tests in settings also works for a ball or two. Just waiting for the correct optos before I take stuff off to get in there, although it's a long weekend, maybe I'll mess around anyway. Weird that it's false triggers instead of no triggers, which is what usually seems to happen with dead or dying optos.
*Speaking of the wrong opto, if anyone from Spooky sees this, I sent an email to Morgan early this morning about getting the right opto, but no response. It's a busy week, perhaps people aren't in the office at Spooky today or this week, I'm just checking to make sure Morgan still works there or if I should contact someone else. Thanks.

I had this problem early in with my game. KT sent me a new opto and as soon as it arrived the game straightened out. It was bizarre. I did use a Q-too and alcohol to clean the optos, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how that fixed it. Still working to this day without replacing the opto.

#5512 3 years ago

It’s been 6 months since the last significant code update. Bummed honestly

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Did you decide to keep ACNC? If I recall correctly you had yours posted for sell a few months back.

#5514 3 years ago

Double post

#5515 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Did you decide to keep ACNC? If I recall correctly you had yours posted for sell a few months back.

I have it currently. I’m moving to Chicago however and may need to sell it.

Pretty bummed

#5516 3 years ago

I think the rumor was December 1st. Not sure why that stuck in my head, but that's what I recall.

#5517 3 years ago

Added a little Christmas spirit to ACNC#250.

20201129_145331 (resized).jpg20201129_145331 (resized).jpg20201129_145342 (resized).jpg20201129_145342 (resized).jpg
#5518 3 years ago

If we don't see one by sometime in January, I think a lot of people will be bummed!

#5519 3 years ago

I am still getting intermittent multiple balls loaded into the shooter lane. I have the last update that was available.
Anything I should check or are other people having the same problem still?

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I am still getting intermittent multiple balls loaded into the shooter lane. I have the last update that was available.
Anything I should check or are other people having the same problem still?

Shooter lane switch. Verify that as a ball is sitting in the lane, the switch is always closed/active, and that there aren't positions the ball could rest wher ethe switch is open.

#5521 3 years ago

I found with some of my machines with magnets that mirror balls can do all sorts of weird things as they become more magnetized. If you have any old school, non-mirrored balls, trying replacing your current set and see if that helps.

#5522 3 years ago

#5523 3 years ago

I looked all around for issues with my optos and I’ve come to the conclusion that the left ramp one is dead somehow. The right ramp, chop opto and crypt optos randomly trigger. Went to check for loose connections and the connectors have been glued to the boards? Is that normal? It was on every connector in the game that had a connection to a board under the playfield.

#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I looked all around for issues with my optos and I’ve come to the conclusion that the left ramp one is dead somehow. The right ramp, chop opto and crypt optos randomly trigger. Went to check for loose connections and the connectors have been glued to the boards? Is that normal? It was on every connector in the game that had a connection to a board under the playfield.

Yes. Spooky is in a practice of using some sort of hot glue to keep the molex connectors attached to the boards so that they stay fixated to the boards (more reliably, I suppose) with movement of the playfield.

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

My mystery scoop coil is starting to fire randomly. I've checked and cleaned the scoop optos but it still happens. If you figure out how to fix your opto issues please let us know.

#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Went to check for loose connections and the connectors have been glued to the boards? Is that normal? It was on every connector in the game that had a connection to a board under the playfield.

It is normal. Yes, opto 33 was bad on mine; if I hit the playfield, it would trigger. There was a screw touching the solder, removed the screw and it went away for a period of time. Issue came back, and had to replace the opto. Huge PITA to get to for replacement. Replace the runners and post sleeves when replacing the optos. Appears to be more common than I thought.

#5527 3 years ago

It’s really odd to me that most of them on my game have either failed or are in the process of failing. They seemed to have been much more reliable in the older games. I wonder if it was just a bad batch around production time?

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My mystery scoop coil is starting to fire randomly. I've checked and cleaned the scoop optos but it still happens. If you figure out how to fix your opto issues please let us know.

Mine does this all the time. It seemed to be a loose connection. When it acts up I go under the hood and start checking every possible connection related to that opto and it goes away. For a while.

Could be something else tho. I'm just spitballing here but this is what worked for me.

#5529 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm for me the color of the lights in this location during normal play? I think I may have found the start of my opto problems. The light closest to the collect hurry up target is lighting up yellow while everything else is white.

AEC3F481-DC2A-4F3D-9A3B-28A09C08D915 (resized).jpegAEC3F481-DC2A-4F3D-9A3B-28A09C08D915 (resized).jpeg
#5530 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Can anyone confirm for me the color of the lights in this location during normal play? I think I may have found the start of my opto problems. The light closest to the collect hurry up target is lighting up yellow while everything else is white.
[quoted image]

I had a sling bulb start going purple really often no matter what color it should have been. Reseating the connector took care of it for me if I remember correctly

#5531 3 years ago

How many of you guys ever got 4 ball multi ball? I remember doing it long ago before the last two code updates. As I remember, if you stack Crypt and Frank the table will auto launch the 4th ball into play for 4 ball multi. Have any of you done this with latest code update? I may pull glass to test this if not. I've never done it by stacking Ethyl and Crypt though.

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How many of you guys ever get 4 ball multi ball? I remember doing it long ago before the last two code updates. As I remember, if you stack Crypt and Frank the table will auto launch the 4th ball into play for 4 ball multi. Have any of you done this with latest code update? I may pull glass to test this if not. I've never done it by stacking Ethyl and Crypt though.

I've played a few thousand games and have only ever had 3 ball MB.

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How many of you guys ever get 4 ball multi ball? I remember doing it long ago before the last two code updates. As I remember, if you stack Crypt and Frank the table will auto launch the 4th ball into play for 4 ball multi. Have any of you done this with latest code update? I may pull glass to test this if not. I've never done it by stacking Ethyl and Crypt though.

I've stacked crypt and frank plenty of times, never had it launch a fourth ball on any code version I remember

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

[quoted image]

Mine is white during normal play...and in looking I just realized that it looks like they might missed one of my LEDs during assembly.

Can anyone else confirm they have two LEDs at the hurry up target?

Edit: Spooky service says that hole was to be used for different lighting and there isn't suppose to be an additional LED there.

20201207_133928 (resized).jpg20201207_133928 (resized).jpg

#5535 3 years ago

I've been on the topper list for awhile, Spooky confirmed to me via-email that they no longer have the team to make ACNC toppers, so no more will be made in the future.

Please PM me if you are interested in selling your ACNC topper.

#5536 3 years ago

Oh no this is so sad!!

#5537 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I've played a few thousand games and have only ever had 3 ball MB.

I could swear this happened to me back on early code? Maybe I dreamt it. But you're right, it doesn't do it now.

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Mine is white during normal play...and in looking I just realized that it looks like they might missed one of my LEDs during assembly.
Can anyone else confirm they have two LEDs at the hurry up target?
Edit: Spooky service says that hole was to be used for different lighting and there isn't suppose to be an additional LED there.
[quoted image]

Weird. Maybe they changed their mind during production because I certainly haven’t added any. Mine is game 44.

#5539 3 years ago

Still no new code, sigh.
Hopefully for Christmas

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Still no new code, sigh.
Hopefully for Christmas

R&M just got an awesome code update, so I'd bet we have the ACNC code before year end.

#5541 3 years ago

Just joined the club today and I have a couple questions.

1st, I have had a few scores end with a 1 or 2. The end of game match always ends in 0. Something seems off. Are you supposed to be able to have your score end with a 1?

2nd, the speaker lights are different brightness, is there a setting to make them the same?

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

1st, I have had a few scores end with a 1 or 2. The end of game match always ends in 0. Something seems off. Are you supposed to be able to have your score end with a 1?

You get 'one' point for each monster you defeat. The match only checks the tens digit.

#5543 3 years ago

Ok, thanks.

Now what is the fix for the magnet save? I tried bypassing the resistor and every setting. It throws the ball pretty hard, just backwards into the drain. Is the plastic disk the only other option?

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, thanks.
Now what is the fix for the magnet save? I tried bypassing the resistor and every setting. It throws the ball pretty hard, just backwards into the drain. Is the plastic disk the only other option?

The plastic disc fixed mine and I have never has the "throw to drain" since. I used to get that drain throw probably 75% of the time prior.

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, thanks.

Experiment among the 3 different magnet save patterns available in the game settings.

The plastic disk didn't help on my game, but the magnet save is now working 80% of the time on Pattern 2. My game is #435 FWIW and I believe the resistor was no longer being used by the time it was built.

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Experiment among the 3 different magnet save patterns available in the game settings.
The plastic disk didn't help on my game, but the magnet save is now working 80% of the time on Pattern 2. My game is #435 FWIW and I believe the resistor was no longer being used by the time it was built.

Mine is #331 and I don't have the resistor either.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Mine is #331 and I don't have the resistor either.

#250 - I do have the resistor.

#5548 3 years ago

How do I find out what # of game I have? Is the original box the only way?

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

There is a sticker inside the cabinet that says it if I recall correctly. I'll check when I get home.

#5550 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I’m game 210. It is part of the serial number.
0FBE579D-0184-47AC-AD94-8134471303EF (resized).jpeg0FBE579D-0184-47AC-AD94-8134471303EF (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/111?hl=superhawk2300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.