(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 161.
#451 4 years ago

It's really awesome to know you're enjoying ACNC so much, @fightnightfz!

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

bkerins, it would be nice to add a sound along with the current light show when hitting bonus x target. And jackpot callouts, please.

I thought the bonus X target has a sound effect associated with it. Now the hurry up target at the end of the frenzy needs some sort of fanfare. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if you’ve hit it in time.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

All in all, still loving it, though it would be nice to have the option to purchase an extra playfield, the front half gets tore up!

For those of us not yet firing up the game yet, what would you even do on a new playfield to avoid tearing up?? What has torn besides normal dimpling?

#454 4 years ago

Just dimples for me. I would say my dimples are more like a JJP than a Stern. My Stern NIB's looked like a bad Acne commercial after a week. My JJP games make me look for dimples.

#455 4 years ago

Can a current owner comment on the Bro/Pinball stream... seemed like there was a little frustration that modes aren't timed.

Curious to read some owner's takes

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just dimples for me. I would say my dimples are more like a JJP than a Stern. My Stern NIB's looked like a bad Acne commercial after a week. My JJP games make me look for dimples.

With this description, our PF is definitely an adolescent Stern equivalent. My JJP POTC, you have to look for them.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can a current owner comment on the Bro/Pinball stream... seemed like there was a little frustration that modes aren't timed.
Curious to read some owner's takes

I didn’t watch the stream so I can’t comment on that . But the modes are great , I like the fact that modes are not timed . You can defeat the modes quickly or have more time if needed . The thing is that you must defeat the modes/monsters on this game to make it to the end . This isn’t like a Bally /Williams mode based game where you can start a mode cradle the ball and let it time out to get credit for that mode and advance towards the end. In Alice Cooper you must play and complete the modes to advance so having them not timed is an advantage to the player . Once you complete the main objectives of a mode and get the green light for completing it you do get a frenzy and that is timed . I think the way spooky did the modes is perfect .

#458 4 years ago

I enjoy every mode. They are unique games in themselves. I'm glad they aren't timed because I want to beat them all. Can't say that about every game I've played. Take the Buffalo review with a grain of salt. It's their experience and their opinion. Nick said he wanted to leave after hearing Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever. For me, that song and mode never get old. I love the humor in this game.

#459 4 years ago

Fair enough. They were respectful in their review... and definitely framed their remarks as their take.

Interesting to read other opinions

#460 4 years ago

How many balls does the game take? I’m getting ready to place an order and wanted to make sure I get enough.

#461 4 years ago

Can someone shoot a picture inside the cab and under the playfield? I’m curious to see...

#462 4 years ago

Okay, the worst part of putting ACNC #62 into the lineup, is hiding that gorgeous cabinet art. Even without butter, holy crap this looks amazing. Jeff Zornow's art looks fantastic on these decals.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can someone shoot a picture inside the cab and under the playfield? I’m curious to see...

Here’s a few .

2FF982C5-73A8-4537-A532-DFA2CE6B110F (resized).jpeg2FF982C5-73A8-4537-A532-DFA2CE6B110F (resized).jpeg46BD4200-BE0D-4C8E-9D95-742BF6C05DE0 (resized).jpeg46BD4200-BE0D-4C8E-9D95-742BF6C05DE0 (resized).jpegB07B23DA-A902-486E-9250-84D512A517ED (resized).jpegB07B23DA-A902-486E-9250-84D512A517ED (resized).jpegFDA1997B-6A30-420E-9A5F-B1C8160BE320 (resized).jpegFDA1997B-6A30-420E-9A5F-B1C8160BE320 (resized).jpeg
#465 4 years ago

Upload failed on this one .

7D7F510E-1DD7-4ED1-8CAE-6B29F72061B0 (resized).jpeg7D7F510E-1DD7-4ED1-8CAE-6B29F72061B0 (resized).jpeg
#466 4 years ago

Love the individual LEDs for the inserts. Limited boards. Easy harness connections. And look at those corner bracing...beefy. Well made.

#467 4 years ago

Are the art blades standard?

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Nope. There are options. Email KT.

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Art blades are extra , I forgot how much but I believe they were around $40 extra ? I know someone posted pricing on upgrades at some point here but Kayte can give any info on upgrades if you email her .

#470 4 years ago

Additionally, all those boards look like they are mounted with rubber sheets underneath. Even the mini LED boards have some padding underneath for vibration. Very nice, Spooky!

Holy smokes the fan is LOUD. That's gonna have to get fixed ASAFP.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Additionally, all those boards look like they are mounted with rubber sheets underneath. Even the mini LED boards have some padding underneath for vibration. Very nice, Spooky!

All these new pins with fans are loud. People replace them in TNA and I’m assuming it’s the same power supply so it should be doable.

It is what it is but at least the community has found a solution for every manufacturer it seems.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

People replace them in TNA and I’m assuming it’s the same power supply so it should be doable.

This is the fan to get that works for TNA.

Vantec Stealth SF6025L 60x60x25mm Double Ball Bearing Silent Case Fan (Black)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000234W04/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H6MZCbZNC4W6S

takes about 40 minutes to an hour to the do swap.

Some folks have also bought a silent meanwell PSU, but they are very expensive around $220.

Vantec Fan swap is around $10. It is significantly quiter, you can barely hear it with the glass on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/49#post-4370299

Caution:

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Just pointing out this is the same exact power supply we've used for 5 years... tested tried and true. IF you start modding them or replacing it, you're doing so at your own risk and the warranty is gone.
The only time you'll hear the fan is in a perfectly quiet room. Same as a computer, stereo amp, video game console, etc etc etc. There are suitable fanless replacements out there but again, not tested by us and fairly expensive.

Stern Spike 2 games are loud as well, but they generally don’t run the fan all the time like the psu in acnc or tna.

For new Stern Spike 2 games, get a replacement fan from the pinmonk for $15 and save yourself the hassle of crimping on the 2 pin connector to the new fan. Allows you to save stock fan and easily revert to back to original if desired.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

#473 4 years ago

Do Williams mirror blades work in Spooky games? I know TNA was unique in its design... but Alice?

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I don't notice the fan, 'cause Alice has been cranked from day 1!

Have him up in our main floor dinning (pin) room and the rumble is cool. Regarding the art, I will have to move him once in a while so that I can appreciate the other half of the cabinet.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Upload failed on this one .
[quoted image]

I noticed on your subway there is no one way gate where it merges going towards the VUK? Mine is number 46 and has one there, I did need to adjust it as I think the ball was getting caught there sporadically. Was there one installed originally or not? Could anyone else add some input if they have one or not?

In support of Spooky here, I would like to add that we used mine fresh out of the box at our recent expo (my expo crew mates did set it up, but saved me first game ). Aside from the ball hang up, which was solved, it played flawless, and was popular all weekend.

#476 4 years ago

Owners, how y’all able to get Mylar on play field where ball drops from Cold Ethyl? I really hope not to have to take apart the upper play field!

Also the far left rock formation (with skull) - how loose is that? Wiggle a bit on yours?

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I noticed on your subway there is no one way gate where it merges going towards the VUK? Mine is number 46 and has one there, I did need to adjust it as I think the ball was getting caught there sporadically. Was there one installed originally or not? Could anyone else add some input if they have one or not?
In support of Spooky here, I would like to add that we used mine fresh out of the box at our recent expo (my expo crew mates did set it up, but saved me first game ). Aside from the ball hang up, which was solved, it played flawless, and was popular all weekend.

I have #10 so that gate must have been added after my game was made . Maybe they were getting balls bounce out of VUK into subway so they added a gate? I haven’t had an issue without a gate so it’s just a guess on my part though.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Hmmm, I don’t know why a gate would be needed...gravity should take care of the flow.

#479 4 years ago

Can you take a picture of this gate.
Magicchiz

#480 4 years ago

Chic style, I want just that. I love when decorated in the style of horror.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Owners, how y’all able to get Mylar on play field where ball drops from Cold Ethyl? I really hope not to have to take apart the upper play field!
Also the far left rock formation (with skull) - how loose is that? Wiggle a bit on yours?

Yes, my castle was loose, just had to be tightened with the bolt - I may put some loc-tite (blue) on a number of fasteners going forward, on any of my pins, where necessary.

Regarding the mylar for Cold Ethyl, I had a sheet to cut from and mocked up a shape on paper first, just to size it right, then cut it out of mylar. I used a razor blade to hold onto a small area of the mylar and carefully inserted this into to front opening and under the upper playfield. When I was where I wanted to be I just dropped the back of the mylar to adhere, followed by the rest and used my finger to press it down completely. There are two drop targets in that space so you must be between them, where the ball drops. You don't want to cover any part of the drop target holes.

#482 4 years ago

Is there a Topper available for this game yet?
cheers
Trevor

#484 4 years ago

I think Charlie said they are working on a topper in the last podcast.

#485 4 years ago

I'm guessing it's a brain in a jar for the topper.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Mine definitely has a gate in the subway(#39), I was getting some ball sticks on it as well. Solution ended up being some additional spacers to change the angles of the subway to make it flow better. I think Spooky noticed this problem and was applying the fix to games now to help prevent subway issues, wasn't aware they possibly removed that gate

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Thanks for donating your game to YEGPin! People definitely had fun playing it, including me...

I noticed that the ball sometimes was sitting just in front of the VUK in the Mystery scoop. It was easily nudged in place. I figured the edge of the subway was either too low or needed some filing on the end to make it smoother. Was the gate just making the ball travel too slow to move directly into the VUK at the end of the subway?

I have ACNC #49 and there is a gate on mine too - pics attached here. It does sort of seem like an unnecessary item.

subway gate (resized).jpgsubway gate (resized).jpg
#488 4 years ago

I adjusted mine as it seemed to be binding on the corner. If it continues to cause issue I’m going to remove.

#489 4 years ago

I’m going to start poking around for a build slot - if you’re selling hit me up.

#490 4 years ago

Mine just shipped today! Yessssssssssssss!

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I get the ball stuck at the gate as well sometimes and requires a good smack to the side of the cabinet. This is on slow moving shots only. Please post your fix.

Turns out the issue was just that the gate was too stiff. So I used a bit of brute force and pulled the gate a little bit past its open position with my fingers. That did two things: Bent the little metal stopper upwards a bit, and it loosened up the hinges of the gate. Now the gate swings looser than before, so if the ball does get underneath the gate, it just rolls back out on its own.

vampire gate (resized).jpgvampire gate (resized).jpg
#492 4 years ago

#48 here and I went back to look the pictures that I took awhile back to share.

Look at the location of the switch here. How does it compare to others? I don't recall any hang ups in the subway.

Screenshot_20190506-211744 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190506-211744 (resized).png
#493 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

#48 here and I went back to look the pictures that I took awhile back to share.
Look at the location of the switch here. How does it compare to others? I don't recall any hang ups in the subway.
[quoted image]

The position looks about the same as mine - #49. I can't tell from your pic (without my 3D glasses on)...is the metal "U" pressed up against the wood of the playfield, or is it sticking out towards the subway?

#494 4 years ago

I'd say pressed up against the PF as I had it lifted up on the head, excitedly snapping pics.

I'll see if I can get a pic when lowered, to see how the wire hangs on mine.

#495 4 years ago

Mine the wire of the gate was catching on the corner of the subway, not opening completely, pulled it and bent it slightly. Has been good so far. I think those that passed or got out early may regret it later. Huge Alice Cooper fan here, so I may be a little biased, but for the price point there is a good bang for the buck!

#496 4 years ago

I have #167 - Anyone have any idea what number we're on?

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm happy with my playfield as is, but will also need to adjust my plunger (sits to the left of the ball). Most plunges are fine, but some are as you describe.
Experimenting with the magnet pattern settings may fix your issue. I did and went from a dribble to shooting all the way up the playfield (not sure if the patterns react the same game to game or not).
I've also had the ball hop out of the left habitrail a couple times. I should have a mod solution once I get into modding ACNC. Spooky crammed the game with awesome stuff, so not as much room to mod and do justice to the game, but I do have one neat playfield idea to flesh out. Most things will be smaller and likely offered as a set. I do have a cool topper in mind, and would experiment with that if there's interest in a topper.
One issue I've had a couple times is the 2nd Frank lock not registering (don't think I've seen others mention having such an issue). Ball search doesn't lift Frank, so I have to power cycle the game. Not sure if the ball just isn't hitting/triggering the switch there at times or something else (it works the majority of the time). Will investigate soon. I'll have more time to get into the game after Easter.

Can't wait to see what mods you come up with.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm happy with my playfield as is, but will also need to adjust my plunger (sits to the left of the ball). Most plunges are fine, but some are as you describe.
Experimenting with the magnet pattern settings may fix your issue. I did and went from a dribble to shooting all the way up the playfield (not sure if the patterns react the same game to game or not).
I've also had the ball hop out of the left habitrail a couple times. I should have a mod solution once I get into modding ACNC. Spooky crammed the game with awesome stuff, so not as much room to mod and do justice to the game, but I do have one neat playfield idea to flesh out. Most things will be smaller and likely offered as a set. I do have a cool topper in mind, and would experiment with that if there's interest in a topper.
One issue I've had a couple times is the 2nd Frank lock not registering (don't think I've seen others mention having such an issue). Ball search doesn't lift Frank, so I have to power cycle the game. Not sure if the ball just isn't hitting/triggering the switch there at times or something else (it works the majority of the time). Will investigate soon. I'll have more time to get into the game after Easter.

I bent the switch on my second Frank lock (right one), to ensure that it registers every time. I may have to do the same with the first ball lock's switch (left one), as now it's occasionally not registering. The ramp and diverter make the ball path so smooth that I think sometimes the ball fires past the switch too fast for it to press all the way down. I wish the design was such that the switches were on the Frank toy, instead of behind it, because as you mentioned the game doesn't recognize the locked Frank balls when it does a ball search.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I bent the switch on my second Frank lock (right one), to ensure that it registers every time. I may have to do the same with the first ball lock's switch (left one), as now it's occasionally not registering. The ramp and diverter make the ball path so smooth that I think sometimes the ball fires past the switch too fast for it to press all the way down. I wish the design was such that the switches were on the Frank toy, instead of behind it, because as you mentioned the game doesn't recognize the locked Frank balls when it does a ball search.

Thank you. I'll have to give that a try. I thought my issue went away after updating the code, but sure enough it happened again a couple days ago.

Quoted from mthirkell:

Can't wait to see what mods you come up with.

I currently have a working solution to one of my habitrail issues. A fast left ramp shot that smoothly went to the left habitrail would fly off near the upper playfield at the first bend and head near SDTM (was happening very often for me). It's an arched castle piece that installs on the rail (doesn't block view of anything other than the bland, green plastic underneath). [before/after photos added below--better photos will be available when the mod is offered]. Even if I didn't need to fix the ball hop issue, I love seeing the ball go through the tunnel (and the scream sound effect that times well with the ball flying out of it--allows my imagination to wander and wonder what monsters are inside the tunnel...yeah, I never grew up )

I'm currently on the 7th revision of a tower mod for the backboard/vampire. This is intended to be offered as part of an upper playfield set with the rail mod.

As I'm also developing some IJ mods with borrowed parts, I'm not sure when these will get a proper reveal and be offered, but hopefully soon.

There will be an RGB lighted mod for ACNC later on, amongst some other mod plans (While I don't want to put much on the lower left habitrail exit, I do have occasional ball hop issues there that sometimes go into the outlane, so I'll likely have to make some sort of simple solution there without blocking view of any inserts, etc.).
20190505_225222 (resized).jpg20190505_225222 (resized).jpg20190505_225233 (resized).jpg20190505_225233 (resized).jpg

EDIT: As a side-note, to my surprise, my friends and fiance have all considered ACNC their favorite pinball machine. I couldn't believe when my fiance played ACNC about 20 times in a row. At first I thought she was just playing while I was occupied with some renovation work, but kept playing with enthusiasm even after I was done (she never did that with any other game). When I got Maiden, nobody else liked it and would only play it if I asked them to. Now friends are asking to come play ACNC regularly (that hasn't happened since GB).

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you. I'll have to give that a try. I thought my issue went away after updating the code, but sure enough it happened again a couple days ago.

I currently have a working solution to one of my habitrail issues. A fast left ramp shot that smoothly went to the left habitrail would fly off near the upper playfield at the first bend and head near SDTM (was happening very often for me). It's an arched castle piece that installs on the rail (doesn't block view of anything other than the bland, green plastic underneath). [before/after photos added below--better photos will be available when the mod is offered]. Even if I didn't need to fix the ball hop issue, I love seeing the ball go through the tunnel (and the scream sound effect that times well with the ball flying out of it--allows my imagination to wander and wonder what monsters are inside the tunnel...yeah, I never grew up )
I'm currently on the 7th revision of a tower mod for the backboard/vampire. This is intended to be offered as part of an upper playfield set with the rail mod.
As I'm also developing some IJ mods with borrowed parts, I'm not sure when these will get a proper reveal and be offered, but hopefully soon.
There will be an RGB lighted mod for ACNC later on, amongst some other mod plans (While I don't want to put much on the lower left habitrail exit, I do have occasional ball hop issues there that sometimes go into the outlane, so I'll likely have to make some sort of simple solution there without blocking view of any inserts, etc.).
[quoted image][quoted image]
EDIT: As a side-note, to my surprise, my friends and fiance have all considered ACNC their favorite pinball machine. I couldn't believe when my fiance played ACNC about 20 times in a row. At first I thought she was just playing while I was occupied with some renovation work, but kept playing with enthusiasm even after I was done (she never did that with any other game). When I got Maiden, nobody else liked it and would only play it if I asked them to. Now friends are asking to come play ACNC regularly (that hasn't happened since GB).

Good info, thank you. Lighted mods are always fun - looking forward to that. I have about 20 plays on ACNC; I needed to see if it would get boring before I pulled the trigger on buying it. This game will not get boring, IMHO, and I love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/10?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.