(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 160.
#5351 3 years ago

After having owned it nearly a year: I still suck. But i've not tried changing anything on it other than code yet. I definitely get a LOT of sdtm shots and also need to tweak the magnet slightly. But I have really loved it. First pin, first NIB as well, and it has given practically zero issue - which I was very concerned about, as I usually see a lot of people comment on poor NIB quality - especially from Stern. Spooky seems to have it down a lot better due to their small production numbers.

#5352 3 years ago

In honor of our favorite ACNC holiday, Halloween...we have a few ACNC speaker decals remaining that we are selling for $30! If you are interested, please PayPal Mark directly at...

[email protected]

Please use the Friends and Family option so that he is not charged the extra fees. Also please include your shipping address in the Message field.

Thanks and Happy Halloween!

Mike & Mark

IMG_4945.JPGIMG_4945.JPGIMG_4946.JPGIMG_4946.JPGIMG_4947.JPGIMG_4947.JPGM&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpgM&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpg
#5353 3 years ago

EDIT: Got the coil cooling kit testing spot locked down for AC/NC. Thanks to all who responded.

#5354 3 years ago

Can someone please remind what pitch this game is to be pitched?

#5355 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Just checked mine yesterday after moving it to a new spot on the wall. It is currently at 6.8 and plays great.

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

I recall Spooky saying they test the games at 6.5. I could also be misremembering.

#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I recall Spooky saying they test the games at 6.5. I could also be misremembering.

You're right.
But I talked to Spooky Luke and he said 6.8 was great too. I have mine at 6.9 in the hopes of reducing the side to side action somewhat. I still suck!

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You're right.
But I talked to Spooky Luke and he said 6.8 was great too. I have mine at 6.9 in the hopes of reducing the side to side action somewhat. I still suck!

Exactly why I upped my slope. I played an Alice on location that has less slope and it was super floaty. I also thought swapping to titan rubbers really helped cut down the side to side action.

#5359 3 years ago

Is there a high voltage disconnect on this machine? Helping a friend and had trouble firing the coils in test mode.

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Is there a high voltage disconnect on this machine? Helping a friend and had trouble firing the coils in test mode.

No, but the test mode is also flaky. Depending on the version he's running, the coils may not fire at all, or require one, two, or three "start button" presses to actually fire.

#5361 3 years ago

Charlie Emery is a guest on the latest episode (#18) of the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast and in addition to mainly talking about Rick and Morty made a quick mention (25+ mins in) to "a few other surprises coming out ... it's Halloween. We can't not do something spooky and cool and have a little fun with some past games ...".

Perhaps a code update for ACNC? Here's hoping anyway!

#5362 3 years ago

I do look forward to Halloween, hope not getting disappointed

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Charlie Emery is a guest on the latest episode (#18) of the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast and in addition to mainly talking about Rick and Morty made a quick mention (25+ mins in) to "a few other surprises coming out ... it's Halloween. We can't not do something spooky and cool and have a little fun with some past games ...".
Perhaps a code update for ACNC? Here's hoping anyway!

Ooh! This is welcome news! Thanks for posting.

#5364 3 years ago

Here’s a goal for you all to beat ...

rd

2A458DAC-A2DB-42F4-A213-76347A26EE1A (resized).jpeg2A458DAC-A2DB-42F4-A213-76347A26EE1A (resized).jpeg
#5365 3 years ago

Well no one can beat it, but I’ve tied it. Haha

#5366 3 years ago

Let's see speed runs with no weapons .

Nice work though, that is fun stuff.

#5367 3 years ago

Let's see speed runs with no weapons .
Nice work though, that is fun stuff.

It'd be cool if there was two scores for each one with, one without weapon. Plenty of screen space!

#5368 3 years ago

Kind of silly to have that count for weapons. A lot of them can be done in 1-2 seconds.

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kind of silly to have that count for weapons. A lot of them can be done in 1-2 seconds.

I think if it isn't there already they are adding the ability to turn weapon speed runs off in the settings.

#5370 3 years ago

I think if it isn't there already they are adding the ability to turn weapon speed runs off in the settings.

It's in the latest release.

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here’s a goal for you all to beat ...
rd[quoted image]

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well no one can beat it, but I’ve tied it. Haha

There needs to be an option to display the time in milliseconds for you guys.

BTW rotordave, you need to sell me that ‘76 rethemed Led Zeppelin pin of yours before the Stern version comes out and completely devalues it.

#5372 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

BTW rotordave, you need to sell me that ‘76 rethemed Led Zeppelin pin of yours before the Stern version comes out and completely devalues it.

“One of ones” never lose their value.

It’ll probably still be cooler than the new one anyway!

Finally put some apron stickers on it last week. Only took me 6 months to get around to it. Haha.

rd
68ECED37-3FE7-493D-8F32-8B5AFBAA1DF7 (resized).jpeg68ECED37-3FE7-493D-8F32-8B5AFBAA1DF7 (resized).jpeg

#5373 3 years ago

Fingers crossed for a code drop today!!

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Finally put some apron stickers on it last week. Only took me 6 months to get around to it. Haha.
rd
[quoted image]

What game is that rethemed from? Looks awesome.

#5375 3 years ago

If I could ask the group a question regarding the magnet.
I was having a hard time getting a reliable toss of the ball when the magnet save was activated. Always the magnet will grab the ball nicely, but just not routinely toss it up. Per the spooky videos, I disconnected the resistors at both magnets, and for several games, it really tossed the ball around, it was awesome and I guess I got spoiled.
Since then, it either drops the ball, violently gets thrown downward, shakes and quivers at the magnet and then falls, and only gets tossed upward 10% of the time, at best. Of that 10%, sometimes it's just a small bump, sometimes it's a really good toss.
It's such a great feature of the game, I would love to see this thing get more reliable.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have tried original, pattern 1 and pattern 2. Patterns 1 and 2 do not do much on my game except deliver the ball downward an overwhelming degree, while the "original" setting is where I at least get 10-15% of upwards toss action.
Thanks!!

#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What game is that rethemed from? Looks awesome.

Someone wrote an awesome thread about it.

rd

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-led-zeppelin-retheme

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd
[quoted image]

Hey Dave have I mentioned today how badass that game is? Haha cheers man.

#5378 3 years ago

Was hoping for the new code to drop today .. would have been a perfect day for new code!

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Was hoping for the new code to drop today .. would have been a perfect day for new code!

Spookys Facebook says next few weeks for ACNC.

RZ code dropped today.

rd

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

If I could ask the group a question regarding the magnet.
I was having a hard time getting a reliable toss of the ball when the magnet save was activated. Always the magnet will grab the ball nicely, but just not routinely toss it up. Per the spooky videos, I disconnected the resistors at both magnets, and for several games, it really tossed the ball around, it was awesome and I guess I got spoiled.
Since then, it either drops the ball, violently gets thrown downward, shakes and quivers at the magnet and then falls, and only gets tossed upward 10% of the time, at best. Of that 10%, sometimes it's just a small bump, sometimes it's a really good toss.
It's such a great feature of the game, I would love to see this thing get more reliable.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have tried original, pattern 1 and pattern 2. Patterns 1 and 2 do not do much on my game except deliver the ball downward an overwhelming degree, while the "original" setting is where I at least get 10-15% of upwards toss action.
Thanks!!

It seems that every machine is a little different when it comes to the magnet fix. But with mine, I was at maybe 30% success on setting 1. I added the small disc that Pinball Life sells for over the ACNC magnet and my magnet now throws the ball well about 99% of the time on setting 1.

Others have said the disc doesn't work well for them, but its been just about perfect for me, so give it a shot as your machine might like it.

#5381 3 years ago

I add the disk as well im on pattern 3 and it’s works 98% of the Time.

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

It seems that every machine is a little different when it comes to the magnet fix. But with mine, I was at maybe 30% success on setting 1. I added the small disc that Pinball Life sells for over the ACNC magnet and my magnet now throws the ball well about 99% of the time on setting 1.
Others have said the disc doesn't work well for them, but its been just about perfect for me, so give it a shot as your machine might like it.

Thanks much for your reply.
I did have that small PETG plastic on mine a little while ago, this was at a time when I still had the resistors connected, and at that time the plastic did not work well. However, since disconnecting the resistors, I did have a spare PETG plastic from pinball life that I saved (thank goodness) and I put that in last night just to see if it helped, and low and behold the magnet seems to be working well the majority of the time now on the original setting...Whew!
It's also nice to know that with this piece of plastic, if it acts up again, that adjusting those magnet settings offer the chance to stay alive, again!

#5383 3 years ago

Question. Is the upper magnet supposed to grab the ball when going through the lit secret passage? Mine will reliably grab and hold the ball if it’s on the ball 3 pity monster start. It seems like it’s not stopping the ball whenever the secret passage is lit and while the animation is still playing here comes the ball around the orbit with all the lights out. Seems wrong to me. I am running the current code so I don’t think that’s it.

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Question. Is the upper magnet supposed to grab the ball when going through the lit secret passage? Mine will reliably grab and hold the ball if it’s on the ball 3 pity monster start. It seems like it’s not stopping the ball whenever the secret passage is lit and while the animation is still playing here comes the ball around the orbit with all the lights out. Seems wrong to me. I am running the current code so I don’t think that’s it.

Does it always miss on the ball 3 monster start? It should definitely grab the ball in the scenario you describe.

#5385 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Does it always miss on the ball 3 monster start? It should definitely grab the ball in the scenario you describe.

It never misses on the ball 3 monster start. It seems like it’s supposed to grab whenever the secret passage is lit to start but the ball seems like it always comes right around from the right orbit.

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Yes, BUT:
If you have the Upper Magnet setting to "Spooky" (or something like that, not in front of the game to double-check), it will randomly let go during the intro sequence. If it's set to "Normal", it should hold onto the ball until the intro's finished.

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, BUT:
If you have the Upper Magnet setting to "Spooky" (or something like that, not in front of the game to double-check), it will randomly let go during the intro sequence. If it's set to "Normal", it should hold onto the ball until the intro's finished.

I think that’s it. I definitely set to spooky to see what the heck was up with that the other day.
Edit: yup

D52099AC-6635-498E-9B80-B88F01783B51 (resized).jpegD52099AC-6635-498E-9B80-B88F01783B51 (resized).jpeg
#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I add the disk as well im on pattern 3 and it’s works 98% of the Time.

Where is this disk? When I brought it home
The other day the magnet was impressing me. The next day I’m getting half hearted “flings” that don’t make it above the flipper. Tried moving from original to pattern 1 and turned resistors off. No better. Is it generally better to leave the resistors off or on? I don’t know how this isn’t a 99% thing or even has settings. The Shadow pulled this trick off in the 90s and I don’t think I’ve seen a sanctum lock ever fail when the wall is working.

#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

The other day the magnet was impressing me. The next day I’m getting half hearted “flings” that don’t make it above the flipper. Tried moving from original to pattern 1 and turned resistors off. No better. Is it generally better to leave the resistors off or on? I don’t know how this isn’t a 99% thing or even has settings. The Shadow pulled this trick off in the 90s and I don’t think I’ve seen a sanctum lock ever fail when the wall is working.

https://www.pinballlife.com/acnc-magnet-core-plastic?Category_Code=

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

There is also a small instructional video with the spooky team showing how to disconnect the resistors from the magnets. It seems as though these resistors have a high tendency to fail and tend to accentuate this problem. When questioning them directly, they now recommend to disconnect the resistors from the magnets as the first move when one is noticing that the ball save toss function is not working well. In addition to disconnecting the resistors, that small PETG plastic from pinball life is also helpful.

#5391 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

There is also a small instructional video with the spooky team showing how to disconnect the resistors from the magnets. It seems as though these resistors have a high tendency to fail and tend to accentuate this problem. When questioning them directly, they now recommend to disconnect the resistors from the magnets as the first move when one is noticing that the ball save toss function is not working well. In addition to disconnecting the resistors, that small PETG plastic from pinball life is also helpful.

This is all true but latter built games like mine don’t have the resistors. I know I look forever could not find them.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

This is all true but latter built games like mine don’t have the resistors. I know I look forever could not find them.

Mine is #44 or 45 so I’m sure it has them. I’m gonna start the process ASAP when this thing goes back I want it to be a reliable stunner!

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Mine is #44 or 45 so I’m sure it has them. I’m gonna start the process ASAP when this thing goes back I want it to be a reliable stunner!

Once you fix that and have your frank and guillotine Dialled in this game rocks. It gets the most plays at my place by far.

#5394 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Once you fix that and have your frank and guillotine Dialled in this game rocks. It gets the most plays at my place by far.

When does the guillotine do anything? I assume only during Alice mode? I haven’t completed it yet so I don’t believe I’ve gotten enough “chops” to activate it. It does move up and down in the test menu though

#5395 3 years ago

Also every so many chops in single ball play it goes.

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also every so many chops in single ball play it goes.

It 'chops' on chop 2 and chop 10.

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

It 'chops' on chop 2 and chop 10.

Don't think I've made it to 10chops.

#5398 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I rarely even try. I think 7 is the most I've done.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You’ll never beat the game if you don’t imo. If you’re ever on the upper playfield, always hit the chop shot. If you have a perfect trap and frank MB is ready, shoot that, but otherwise, always go for chop. That EB is huge.

#5400 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’ll never beat the game if you don’t imo. If you’re ever on the upper playfield, always hit the chop shot. If you have a perfect trap and frank MB is ready, shoot that, but otherwise, always go for chop. That EB is huge.

Good info I never go for the chop unless I’m in the mode. How many chops for EB

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/108?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.