(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 161.
#5201 3 years ago

Hi there,

does anybody know, how to perfrom a Factory Reset on my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle?

At the newest Game Version , there issnt a factory reset point at the Utilities Menu anymore??
Doesd anybody know?

Greez

Felix

#5202 3 years ago

Joining your club if that's OK? I've had zombie in the house for a couple of weeks now and found a nice HUO Alice yesterday. looking forward to seeing and first playing one when it's delivered in a week or two.

#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from Lixel27:

Hi there,
does anybody know, how to perfrom a Factory Reset on my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle?
At the newest Game Version , there issnt a factory reset point at the Utilities Menu anymore??
Doesd anybody know?
Greez
Felix

Might have to reinstall current code, that would reset it back to factory

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Joining your club if that's OK? I've had zombie in the house for a couple of weeks now and found a nice HUO Alice yesterday. looking forward to seeing and first playing one when it's delivered in a week or two.

Congrats! Its an unique experience-
Though if you want to install titans or change rubbers its another experience stripping that beast all the way down

Enjoy the game!!!!!

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I’m right there with you. I just bought a mint ACNC and will be picking it up on October 5. I can’t wait. The game looks awesome. It should give me years of enjoyment.

#5206 3 years ago

Just to be clear......
My earlier post was not intended to sound like faint praise, or a knock at Zombie. I'm buying my friends Zombie soon. I think it's awesome goofy fun, and I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan. The art package is the best in pinball.
Cheers!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#5207 3 years ago

Looks like my ACNC may be leaving the collection. I listed it here on pinside for sale/trade. If anybody knows anybody interested, let me know!

#5208 3 years ago

Wombat eh? Are you an expat or an honorary aussie?

"Wombat: A wombat is an Aussie animal who eats roots and leaves. It's a derogatory term when used by females to describe a male with these habits – root being a euphemism for sexual intercourse."

#5209 3 years ago

Yes!!

36DB182D-ECA8-4EB6-BC8E-9A84038C616F (resized).jpeg36DB182D-ECA8-4EB6-BC8E-9A84038C616F (resized).jpeg
#5210 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes!![quoted image]

That's killing it. For some reason I don't really pay attention to the my scores on ACNC. But they hardly ever break 100 mill.

#5211 3 years ago

I've been on the list for the official topper for months now and couldn't wait. He's my interim topper.

20200920_130438 (resized).jpg20200920_130438 (resized).jpg
#5212 3 years ago

Just realized too. Since the game ends when you play BDB, the scoring on the game is basically capped. If you maximize all the scoring of the monsters and hurry ups, the game caps at like 2 billion about a I’d say.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just realized too. Since the game ends when you play BDB, the scoring on the game is basically capped. If you maximize all the scoring of the monsters and hurry ups, the game caps at like 2 billion about a I’d say.

Nice game bud!! Ya got me by 39mil!! Glad to see you have reached the top of the mountain!

#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I've been on the list for the official topper for months now and couldn't wait. He's my interim topper.
[quoted image]

LOL!!!!!!!!!

#5215 3 years ago

Amazing how many points you can get playing out the modes ...

This was 6 completed ... had the wizard lit ...

rd

E2C3E274-154A-4ABC-943F-C03BDD0EF664 (resized).jpegE2C3E274-154A-4ABC-943F-C03BDD0EF664 (resized).jpeg
#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Amazing how many points you can get playing out the modes ...
This was 6 completed ... had the wizard lit ...
rd[quoted image]

Since you're such a good player, how many bugs you finding?

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Since you're such a good player, how many bugs you finding?

I’m guessing all 10 - plus all the frenzy ones.

#5218 3 years ago

By bugs - you mean faults in the code?

Very few now - mainly little things like no ball saver during multiball in certain situations.

rd

#5219 3 years ago

The pit creature hurry up bug is pretty big. Screws you out of tons of points if you’re crushing it in the frenzy phase.

Bowen said the fix is coming though.

#5220 3 years ago

Does anyone know what rubber size the rubber just to the left of the hurry up target is? Mine just snapped and need to order some replacements. I'm pretty sure the one I put on from the titan glow kit was a little small and contributed to a quick break.

e4680da2c518f174084190d5345986e86dee77ad (resized).jpge4680da2c518f174084190d5345986e86dee77ad (resized).jpg
#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

By bugs - you mean faults in the code?
Very few now - mainly little things like no ball saver during multiball in certain situations.
rd

Have you seen the lower magnet activate after the game is over and clearing the locks? Game over, here's your ball back.

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Does anyone know what rubber size the rubber just to the left of the hurry up target is? Mine just snapped and need to order some replacements. I'm pretty sure the one I put on from the titan glow kit was a little small and contributed to a quick break.
[quoted image]

Just go up one size from the one you used before.

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just go up one size from the one you used before.

Super helpful comment Chuck lol. I don't know what size I used previously. I ordered the kit from Titan and I don't remember specifically what I used. I've been looking all around for a diagram matching the rubber sizes KingPinGames listed here in the forum and in the manual he put together, but nothing points out this size specifically.

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Super helpful comment Chuck lol. I don't know what size I used previously. I ordered the kit from Titan and I don't remember specifically what I used. I've been looking all around for a diagram matching the rubber sizes kingpingames listed here in the forum and in the manual he put together, but nothing points out this size specifically.

Sorry I assumed you still had the old ring. The size is stamped on the ring.

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry I assumed you still had the old ring. The size is stamped on the ring.

Should have thought of that before I threw it in the trash

#5226 3 years ago

Just measure the old ring and go up a notch. That should work.

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Have you seen the lower magnet activate after the game is over and clearing the locks? Game over, here's your ball back.

Nope, never seen that.

rd

#5228 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

[quoted image]

2" according to post #4918. I just put Titan GI rubbers on mine and didn't have any problems.

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

2" according to post #4918. I just put Titan GI rubbers on mine and didn't have any problems.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll add a couple to my next order.

#5230 3 years ago

Would be nice if we see a code update in October.

#5231 3 years ago

Just got a text from the delivery guy. Alice will be here at dinnertime this evening. Yipppeee.

#5232 3 years ago

I do have a question regarding the target decals. Have they been optional from the factory? I do have them but have seen some they don’t have target decals.
Regards Pat

#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I do have a question regarding the target decals. Have they been optional from the factory? I do have them but have seen some they don’t have target decals.
Regards Pat

Yes, they were a $10 option at time of purchase.

#5234 3 years ago

pb72 (resized).jpgpb72 (resized).jpg

#5235 3 years ago

Tech issue

Frankenstein stopping going up and down, AND the left ramp lock mechanism stopped turning. I don’t have the time to check right now.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a possible wire that’s come undone?

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Tech issue
Frankenstein stopping going up and down, AND the left ramp lock mechanism stopped turning. I don’t have the time to check right now.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a possible wire that’s come undone?

Check your servo fuse. In backbox bottom rightish.
Magicchiz

#5237 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Check your servo fuse. In backbox bottom rightish.
Magicchiz

Omg... there’s only one fuse? That was it btw. Swapped out and we’re good to go.

Just amazed there’s only one.

#5238 3 years ago

Just picked up an AC, awesome game.
Really challenging. Loving it. Amazing art. Great sounds. Very creepy!
Working on dialing everything in.

One thing I'm having a hard time with is the scoop firing out sdtm the majority of the times. Really no adjustment room with the physical scoop itself, or else I might try and adjust that to aim to the right flipper. So, I've been trying to work with the kick out power settings but not really having much luck.
Any suggestions from the group?
Thanks. ...and happy to finally be part of the group

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just picked up an AC, awesome game.
Really challenging. Loving it. Amazing art. Great sounds. Very creepy!
Working on dialing everything in.
One thing I'm having a hard time with is the scoop firing out sdtm the majority of the times. Really no adjustment room with the physical scoop itself, or else I might try and adjust that to aim to the right flipper. So, I've been trying to work with the kick out power settings but not really having much luck.
Any suggestions from the group?
Thanks. ...and happy to finally be part of the group

Grab the top edge with some vice grips and twist it slightly

#5240 3 years ago

Just realized the billion dollar babies champ is basically a race to who grabs the billion point shot first. Maybe make it the sum of all points collected in the mode? And give the player bonuses for each life they have remaining when they escape or collect the billion point shot?

#5241 3 years ago

Question.
On my new AC, when the outlanes are lit purple and the magnet grabs the ball for save, It doesn't always reliably toss the ball up into the playfield.
The magnet grabs it 100% of the time nicely, but only throws it up into the playfield about 30-40% of the time (at variable strengths, which by videos I've seen, seems like normal behavior). However, the remaining times when the magnet pulse stops, the ball just falls down into the trough (does not get thrown at all).
Is there any adjustments I can do to make this tossing of the ball more reliable?
Any advice is welcomed, and thanks so much

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question.
On my new AC, when the outlanes are lit purple and the magnet grabs the ball for save, It doesn't always reliably toss the ball up into the playfield.
The magnet grabs it 100% of the time nicely, but only throws it up into the playfield about 30-40% of the time (at variable strengths, which by videos I've seen, seems like normal behavior). However, the remaining times when the magnet pulse stops, the ball just falls down into the trough (does not get thrown at all).
Is there any adjustments I can do to make this tossing of the ball more reliable?

try the setting pattern on #2 (with new code update) If you get 75 to 80% of the time working, consider yourself lucky!

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

try the setting pattern on #2 (with new code update) If you get 75 to 80% of the time working, consider yourself lucky!

Thanks so much for your response.
I have installed the new code, although I'm not sure how you mean "setting pattern #2"...would you be willing to clarify? Thanks again!

#5244 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question.

Changing the pattern in programming is one way. I am a big fan of the small piece of clear plastic that Pinball life sells to put in the magnet hole. It not only made my ball save almost all the time it also protects the top of magnet and playfield from ware or indents which will make the save not work eventually. I think it was $7 but worth it or make your own. Seems like lexan with sticky on one side.

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks so much for your response.
I have installed the new code, although I'm not sure how you mean "setting pattern #2"...would you be willing to clarify? Thanks again!

In the settings your can change the magnet pattern setting. Change it to 2.

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In the settings your can change the magnet pattern setting. Change it to 2.

Gotcha. Found it. Will give it a try. Thanks guys, appreciate it

#5247 3 years ago

Yes, after a few games I would say that the magnet pattern number 2 is more reliably tossing the ball from the center magnet. Thanks guys!

Man, this game is really challenging! Really keeps you coming back. So great is this idea of roaming through the castle, room to room, to battle monsters. The modes themselves are tough to complete...can't wait till I get a sense of how to find those weapons. Grabbing that two ball cold ethyl for helping in modes seems like a nice move. The shots are tough... Just when I think I know where the shots are, I find myself either flowing those shots or bricking literally everything... no in between on this one! Loving it

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, after a few games I would say that the magnet pattern number 2 is more reliably tossing the ball from the center magnet. Thanks guys!
Man, this game is really challenging! Really keeps you coming back. So great is this idea of roaming through the castle, room to room, to battle monsters. The modes themselves are tough to complete...can't wait till I get a sense of how to find those weapons. Grabbing that two ball cold ethyl for helping in modes seems like a nice move. The shots are tough... Just when I think I know where the shots are, I find myself either flowing those shots or bricking literally everything... no in between on this one! Loving it

Pinball life also sells a plastic disc that covers the ball save magnet. That made my ball save pretty much 100% reliable

#5249 3 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Changing the pattern in programming is one way. I am a big fan of the small piece of clear plastic that Pinball life sells to put in the magnet hole. It not only made my ball save almost all the time it also protects the top of magnet and playfield from ware or indents which will make the save not work eventually. I think it was $7 but worth it or make your own. Seems like lexan with sticky on one side.

I totally agree the protector work for my game as well. Best 7$ ever!

#5250 3 years ago

The magnet for my game worked perfectly. But I still wanted to protect it with the disk and installed one. I updated it and tried all the patterns with the resister on and off....it didn't work very well. I removed the disk and used the default pattern and I bet it works over 95% of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/105?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.