(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 161.
#5151 3 years ago

Hold on. Back up the truck. You just have to battle the monsters? You don’t have to beat all 9? Only if your so neurotic must you beat all 9? I’ve been sitting here since December thinking this game was impossible! I hate a new lease on life!!

#5152 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hold on. Back up the truck. You just have to battle the monsters? You don’t have to beat all 9? Only if your so neurotic must you beat all 9?

This was changed - I think somewhere around v0.7.0.0 - ORIGINALLY, yes, you had to DEFEAT all the monsters. It got changed to just BATTLE.

#5153 3 years ago

Oh shit. It’s on!!

#5154 3 years ago

The value of BDB is more if you complete them I believe, but it’s not required. The inability to replay modes would be really bad if you were required to complete them all.

#5155 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The value of BDB is more if you complete them I believe, but it’s not required. The inability to replay modes would be really bad if you were required to complete them all.

I don't think the value is more on BDB if you beat them - you just get more lives (0 monsters beat = 1 life, 1 monster beat = 2 lives, etc.). More lives give you a better chance to reach the top of the castle and get the chance to cashout for a billion points for BDB.

#5156 3 years ago

That’s right. I knew it was something.

#5157 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hold on. Back up the truck. You just have to battle the monsters? You don’t have to beat all 9? Only if your so neurotic must you beat all 9? I’ve been sitting here since December thinking this game was impossible! I hate a new lease on life!!

Still, you only have so many balls to drain on to fail against them. You can fail frank, ethyl, and werewolf purposely to 'escape' them but that still leaves six monsters and only 3 (+2 EB) to defeat them with

#5158 3 years ago

Yeah it’s easier to not have to complete them, but it’s not easy by any means.

#5159 3 years ago

"Due to the interfering objectives, Crypt Multiball cannot run along with Ethyl, so if Crypt begins, the monster advances to the next available one."

So I guess that is a fix and not a bug.

I can't figure out how crypt multiball "interferes" with Ethyl tho, can any one else?

#5160 3 years ago

My guess is that Crypt Multiball keeps the mini-Danesi-lock drop(s) down while running, but Ethyl needs the drop(s) to be able to activate up/down while it’s running?

#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

My guess is that Crypt Multiball keeps the mini-Danesi-lock drop(s) down while running, but Ethyl needs the drop(s) to be able to activate up/down while it’s running?

OK, but moving to the next monster is just beat. How about starting Ethyl is just delayed while crypt multi-ball is running?

#5162 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

OK! I measured and replaced every rubber I could find on the machine and have, I believe, the definitive list of rubbers needed for this game.

On my game, the 5 post sleeves on the lower play field and the 2" ring on the left side of the lower playfield got the highest amount of wear. Those 6 rubbers were practically worn through, while all the others were basically brand new (minus some discolouration from the ball). If you're looking for minimum replacement, this is it.
Regarding the 2x 1/2” Sleeve/Spacer (optional) - these are on the lower playfield underneath the two middle rubbers. Titan's 1/2" Data East Post Sleeves should work here. They don't get any wear, but just in case you really need more colour.
Replacing the rubbers on this game is not for the faint of heart. If you're doing a minimal replacement just for worn rubbers, you still have quite a lot to remove (and/or some tricky manoeuvers). If you're doing a full swap, you have to take apart a lot of the playfield to get to everything.
Pro tip: When replacing the 1-1/2" ring on the lower playfield between Light Mystery and Secret Passage, you should unscrew both metal guides next to the rubber, then screw them back in after fitting the new rubber in place. Same with the metal guide next to the 3/4" ring near the right orbit. Otherwise, I can pretty much guarantee the metal guides will slice right through your rubber.
I've uploaded this with the colour scheme I purchased to Titan's Kit Database: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1408
[quoted image][quoted image]

I installed these rubbers last week and I have to say the glow in the dark green really match the play field nicely. I really like the look. I now notice the left orbit that when it comes around needs a nudge or it will drain.

#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I installed these rubbers last week and I have to say the glow in the dark green really match the play field nicely. I really like the look. I now notice the left orbit that when it comes around needs a nudge or it will drain.

I have had the same issue since changing my rubbers to G-I-T-D Titans. A clean shot to the left orbit is now rewarded by a SDTM drain after it comes around via the right orbit.

I've attributed this new, and aggravating, gameplay condition to increased ball speed due to cleaning/waxing the orbit lane (rather than the changed rubbers), but your coincidental experience is interesting. So far, a change in playfield slope has not alleviated the problem and I'm hesitant to bend the right orbit's metal ball guide as it will undfortunately exacerbate the already tight right orbit shot.

#5164 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have had the same issue since changing my rubbers to G-I-T-D Titans. A clean shot to the left orbit is now rewarded by a SDTM drain after it comes around via the right orbit.
I've attributed this new, and aggravating, gameplay condition to increased ball speed due to cleaning/waxing the orbit lane (rather than the changed rubbers), but your coincidental experience is interesting. So far, a change in playfield slope has not alleviated the problem and I'm hesitant to bend the right orbit's metal ball guide as it will undfortunately exacerbate the already tight right orbit shot.

I had this issue too (same GITD titans), on mine it is more due to the thickness of the rubber under the lane guide as it exits the loop, it pressed the guide out some. Since then I was able adjust the guide just a little without bending it, and now a fast shot will hit the tip of the right flipper. I have been considering trying to adjust it more aggressively, perhaps shaving some of the rubber off as it is still pressing against the end of the guide and angling it slightly..

#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I had this issue too (same GITD titans), on mine it is more due to the thickness of the rubber under the lane guide as it exits the loop, it pressed the guide out some. Since then I was able adjust the guide just a little without bending it, and now a fast shot will hit the tip of the right flipper. I have been considering trying to adjust it more aggressively, perhaps shaving some of the rubber off as it is still pressing against the end of the guide and angling it slightly..

Put a smaller rubber there. Or put the stock one back.

#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put a smaller rubber there. Or put the stock one back.

BTW - thanks for the recent ACNC stream Eric! I especially appreciated you quoting your friend's observation about the game: "Easy to live. Hard to prosper." So true!

At one point in the stream when you hit ten or so brick shots in a row, I had to laugh as that looked so familiar to my gameplay experience at times!

#5167 3 years ago

BTW - thanks for the recent ACNC stream Eric! I especially appreciated you quoting your friend's observation about the game: "Easy to live. Hard to prosper." So true!
At one point in the stream when you hit ten or so brick shots in a row, I had to laugh as that looked so familiar to my gameplay experience at times!

Half the battle with Alice is just not being mentally defeated by some bricks.

#5168 3 years ago

So brutal when you’re in brick mode on that game. Haha.

#5169 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My initials would be in for both “Brick Champion” and “Post Champion” if those achievements were available haha

#5170 3 years ago

My ACNC seems to have gone crazy suddenly. It's just starting random modes at certain shots and the screen, callouts and playfield lights are all discombobulated and nothing matches anything. It's like the logic just took a shit suddenly.

Anybody seen anything like this? I'm going to reinstall the code and see if that helps, I guess.

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It‘s a brutal world

#5172 3 years ago

I’ve had the game since December and I feel like I’m constantly on the search fir the perfect settings on this game. I can’t keep tracking the logic. Do the flippers need to be set to strong to have the correct momentum to nail those orbits or does it need to be less strength? Any opinions? Those damn orbits are so crucial but so tricky!

Quoted from the_one:

It‘s a brutal world

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

It‘s a brutal world

It’s a brutal *planet

#5174 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

I’ve had the game since December and I feel like I’m constantly on the search fir the perfect settings on this game. I can’t keep tracking the logic. Do the flippers need to be set to strong to have the correct momentum to nail those orbits or does it need to be less strength? Any opinions? Those damn orbits are so crucial but so tricky!

Try adjusting the flipper angle. I moved mine closer to being lined up with the playfield alignment holes (rather than parallel to the inlane guides). Huge improvement for my game.

#5175 3 years ago

How do you adjust them?

Quoted from Completist:

Try adjusting the flipper angle. I moved mine closer to being lined up with the playfield alignment holes (rather than parallel to the inlane guides). Huge improvement for my game.

#5176 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Do this and you orbit shots will be fine. 6.5 degrees pitch.

BA982500-5B80-47A5-A95B-7D8329532FFB (resized).jpegBA982500-5B80-47A5-A95B-7D8329532FFB (resized).jpeg
#5177 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

How do you adjust them?

Don’t adjust the flipper angle. Learn to make the shots instead. Leave them factory.

#5178 3 years ago

chuckwurt in your opinion where is the orbit shot on the flipper? A bit before the tip? Do you hit always after cradling or do you think it needs some momentum coming down the in lanes?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t adjust the flipper angle. Learn to make the shots instead. Leave them factory.

#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Completely disagree here. Adjust the flippers as you need to. Or leave them set form the factory. Or, set them to the alignment holes.

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

chuckwurt in your opinion where is the orbit shot on the flipper? A bit before the tip? Do you hit always after cradling or do you think it needs some momentum coming down the in lanes?

I make the orbits like 3-4 times out of ten. They are super hard to make but if you are accurate they work fine.

What exactly is your issue?

#5181 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Completely disagree here. Adjust the flippers as you need to. Or leave them set form the factory. Or, set them to the alignment holes.

Why adjust the position of the flippers when you can make all shots fine stock?

#5182 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why adjust the position of the flippers when you can make all shots fine stock?

My flippers from the factory were not fine, and I couldn't make outer shots. They had to be adjusted. You're assuming that 'from factory' everything is adjusted exactly the same, which they may not. Adding on to that, settling and any slow slippage of the flipper link over time can slowly cause shots to change from flippers.

#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

My flippers from the factory were not fine, and I couldn't make outer shots. They had to be adjusted. You're assuming that 'from factory' everything is adjusted exactly the same, which they may not. Adding on to that, settling and any slow slippage of the flipper link over time can slowly cause shots to change from flippers.

Theres the confusion. You had to adjust yours TO STOCK.

I assumed the other recommendations were to adjust them to something other than stock.

Line them up with the flipper alignment holes like the designer intended and all will be well.

#5184 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assumed the other recommendations were to adjust them to something other than stock.
Like them up with the flipper alignment holes like the designer intended and all will be well.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. You said 'from factory', which is not necessarily in alignment with the alignment holes. Mine wasn't, for instance.

#5185 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Line them up with the flipper alignment holes like the designer intended and all will be well.

Yes -mine were too low from the factory so i used the flipper alignment holes and voila started making more shots. I’m not saying i’m nailing every shot but i saw a huge improvement on making the staircases. I used to hate Alice and Vampire modes. I no longer avoid those

Also i no longer get any SDTM or require desperate saves off the end of flipper coming down from the left orbit. It wasn’t a huge adjustment either.

#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, that's what I'm saying. You said 'from factory', which is not necessarily in alignment with the alignment holes. Mine wasn't, for instance.

Also - apologies, not trying to be a dick.

#5187 3 years ago

I found the orbits easier after setting flipper strength to max

#5188 3 years ago

Wait, a ball can fit through the right orbit shot? I’m calling bullshit without video proof.

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wait, a ball can fit through the right orbit shot? I’m calling bullshit without video proof.

Hahaha.

#5190 3 years ago

Me and my wife got our game in early December of this year. I’m happy report that, for the first time, we both made to Billion Dollar Babies! It was so thrilling and exciting. So happy we did it together!

#5191 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Me and my wife got our game in early December of this year. I’m happy report that, for the first time, we both made to Billion Dollar Babies! It was so thrilling and exciting. So happy we did it together!

The same game? That’s amazing!

#5192 3 years ago

Maybe in CoOp mode?

#5193 3 years ago

Yes it was in co op! It was a big accomplishment for us!

Quoted from the_one:

Maybe in CoOp mode?

#5194 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Yes it was in co op! It was a big accomplishment for us!

Doing the same often! But not reaching BDB with my wife

#5195 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Smart. Using protection..!

*cough* Sorry.

#5196 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Me to man, the old lady got to play better.

#5197 3 years ago

I received ACNC #250 on my birthday, September 9th, 2019. Almost a year later on September 12th, I finally reached BDB! I didn't complete it due to time, but had 7 lives to work with. Can't wait to get there again and beat it!

Also, had some friends over to play Alice over the weekend and everyone loved the game!

20200913_144143 (resized).jpg20200913_144143 (resized).jpgreceived_960534534428464 (resized).jpegreceived_960534534428464 (resized).jpeg
#5198 3 years ago

Anyone develop a super annoying metal-to-metal clank when using the right flipper? It was progressively getting worse and I tracked it down to the upper flipper. After reseating the coil stop, replacing sleeve and gapping the shaft, no change. Turning upper flipper power down got rid of the noise but it was too weak to make the frank lock. I ended up filling the cavity in the aluminum bat with foam tape. Sound is gone with the flipper at high power. Not sure why it developed over time. My only guess is the joint between shaft and bat is coming loose? Maybe it’s just the cavity providing a good echo chamber.

B9C2157E-E3C9-459D-A379-C0507A241F69 (resized).jpegB9C2157E-E3C9-459D-A379-C0507A241F69 (resized).jpeg
#5199 3 years ago

The one I’m babysitting did the same thing. I put a piece of business card on top of the coil stop so it wasn’t metal on metal when the flipper engaged. It didn’t seem to do anything, but for whatever reason it doesn’t make the sound anymore after like 100 games since I did that.

Sorry for not being of any help. Haha

#5200 3 years ago

Forgot my number.
Anyway.. # 158 or so, checking in.
Alice was my 2nd NIB game, I absolutely love the combination of code, music, and packed playfield. I'm still running code from late last year. I love it as it is, no crashing or bugs on mine.

Alice is lightyears better than Zombie, and I thought Zombie was goofy fun.
I hope Charlie designs at least a few more titles, because Alice is a stone cold classic.

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.