(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 161.
#5101 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Nothing is more frustrating than getting the Ethyl weapon, only to start Crypt MB and it switching to Igor mode - effectively losing your weapon. fawzmagames Please fix this bug.

where is spooky? They've obviously made the decision to abandon ship, here, in this thread. Not what I would have expected following a willingness to be open and discuss future directions.

Has anyone heard from them per code status?

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

where is spooky? They've obviously made the decision to abandon ship, here, in this thread. Not what I would have expected following a willingness to be open and discuss future directions.

There is still so much that needs to be accomplished with the code to make this game as great as it can be. I agree that it definitely feels like they have abandoned ship. I can get that to an extent with Rick and Morty, but I don't get why Fawzma couldn't keep working on it. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't believe Charlie is going to let this last code be the final code on the nightmare castle. I just think it could be a long wait.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Quoted from JustEverett:

There is still so much that needs to be accomplished with the code to make this game as great as it can be. I agree that it definitely feels like they have abandoned ship. I can get that to an extent with Rick and Morty, but I don't get why Fawzma couldn't keep working on it. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't believe Charlie is going to let this last code be the final code on the nightmare castle. I just think it could be a long wait.

They just released a small update a few weeks ago.

While granted, it WAS small, it IS progress.

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

They just released a small update a few weeks ago.
While granted, it WAS small, it IS progress.

That was the update I referred to in my post.

#5105 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Thanks Darrell for this great Tower.
Colors and structure do match 100% like designed from factory. Incredible !!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the kind words! Happy that you like it.

Oddly enough a number of the sculpts within the game seem slightly different in green/yellow and black(coverage) just to themselves so it's a bit of an 'as close as I can see, based on our Alice'.

Be well and thanks once again.

#5106 3 years ago

I know I’ve only put a couple hundred games on it, but I’ve only seen a couple things that seems buggy but that could simply be shitty flaky switches. Game seems solid. Haven’t been to BDB yet though.

What are glaring things that need added to complete the game?

#5107 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know I’ve only put a couple hundred games on it, but I’ve only seen a couple things that seems buggy but that could simply be shitty flaky switches. Game seems solid. Haven’t been to BDB yet though.

Thread documenting various issues: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-acnc-bug-and-enhancement-feedback-thread

'complete' is a hazy term. I know a lot of people would like to see more to the game/rules (though I don't know if Spooky has promised any features that haven't been delivered on in some form), but at a minimum there's stuff like adjustments that don't do anything, bugs, etc.

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game is in desperate need of graphics to accompany the collection of weapons. How about some exciting graphics and sounds when a weapon is used? The bones are all there, it's just poorly executed right now.

#5109 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Main ones I've seen so far after the most recent update...Feel free to add more...

BUGS
*Wrong text on 1st Mystery Award (Should be 'Advance to Monster', but instead reads 'Advance 2 rooms').
*Hitting Crypt MB while on Ethyl changes mode to Igor (losing your weapon)
*Skillshot screen staying locked (no matter what you hit or how many balls you drain, the skill shot will not reset which effectively stops any mode progress). You can only play Frank MB at this point and have to start a new game to fix it.
*Mystery award is sometimes triggered by the crypt hole or dropping it into the subway from the upper playfield (left bonus X rollover).
*Game occasionally forgets there is a ball in the Frank Lock 1, causing ball searches once you drain until Frank releases the ball during ball search #4.
*Voice getting cutoff during end of game sequence.

NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS
*When a weapon is available to collect, the 'Alice in the tower' insert should change to a different LED color. If you have Frank MB lit, you can't tell there is anything different since both flash white. Maybe just change the color to red when a weapon is available to collect and alternate red/white flashes when both Frank 2 is ready and there is a weapon available at the same time.
*Spinner needs a counter on screen with something tied to it (Spinner MB for getting 100 spins or something). Currently, it feels like the spinner is pointless.
*Need to bring back Easy and Hard modes in addition to the current progressive difficulty. I want to explore the castle, not fast track the 1st half. This just makes the game feel more linear (I always go for Ethyl, Zombie, Igor first since those weapons can't be missed like starting Alice Cooper, Insects, Pit Creature, etc that have weapons in the mid-tier rooms.
*Make the options in the menu work correctly (music offset, attract music, etc.)
*4 ball MB - Why have 4 balls in the game if there are only 3 on the playfield at one time? Add-a-ball mystery during Frank+Crypt or something would be a nice addition.

I absolutely love this game. I would just like to see the polish to make this one of the greatest of all time.

FawzmaGames bkerins SpookyLuke SpookyCharlie

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Main ones I've seen so far after the most recent update...Feel free to add more...
BUGS
*Wrong text on 1st Mystery Award (Should be 'Advance to Monster', but instead reads 'Advance 2 rooms').
*Hitting Crypt MB while on Ethyl changes mode to Igor (losing your weapon)
*Skillshot screen staying locked (no matter what you hit or how many balls you drain, the skill shot will not reset which effectively stops any mode progress). You can only play Frank MB at this point and have to start a new game to fix it.
*Mystery award is sometimes triggered by the crypt hole or dropping it into the subway from the upper playfield (left bonus X rollover).
*Game occasionally forgets there is a ball in the Frank Lock 1, causing ball searches once you drain until Frank releases the ball during ball search #4.
*Voice getting cutoff during end of game sequence.
NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS
*When a weapon is available to collect, the 'Alice in the tower' insert should change to a different LED color. If you have Frank MB lit, you can't tell there is anything different since both flash white. Maybe just change the color to red when a weapon is available to collect and alternate red/white flashes when both Frank 2 is ready and there is a weapon available at the same time.
*Spinner needs a counter on screen with something tied to it (Spinner MB for getting 100 spins or something). Currently, it feels like the spinner is pointless.
*Need to bring back Easy and Hard modes in addition to the current progressive difficulty. I want to explore the castle, not fast track the 1st half. This just makes the game feel more linear (I always go for Ethyl, Zombie, Igor first since those weapons can't be missed like starting Alice Cooper, Insects, Pit Creature, etc that have weapons in the mid-tier rooms.
*Make the options in the menu work correctly (music offset, attract music, etc.)
*4 ball MB - Why have 4 balls in the game if there are only 3 on the playfield at one time? Add-a-ball mystery during Frank+Crypt or something would be a nice addition.
I absolutely love this game. I would just like to see the polish to make this one of the greatest of all time.
fawzmagames bkerins spookyluke spookycharlie

One the biggest changes I noticed from the old code was orbits being recognized as hit shots after a lock. Almost all the time (but not every single time) I say hit a crypt or frank lock with both orbits still lit. The game auto plunges and recognizes the right orbit as a hit shot. Maybe the intended this change, but I don't recall seeing it in the change notes with the last big code update. Overall there is a ton to the game, and I'm happy about that. But like has been said before, the code just seems to have some bugs. It seems that most of them are related to the game losing track of the ball or switches triggering when they shouldn't.

#5111 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

For the record, I don't consider this a bug. Because usually when you get our first Mystery Award, it is only 2 rooms to get to the monster. So you ARE advancing two rooms - it's just that two rooms brings you to the monster. I am 99% sure that if you get your first mystery award later in the game, when monsters take 3 or 4 hits, that you will actually only move 2 rooms.

#5112 3 years ago

Don’t the ramps light green when a weapon is available up top? That’s what I always use.

Also I could’ve sworn the music offset worked. The callouts were way too loud and I put that setting to 4.0 dB and could’ve sworn made it way better.

The settings are very minimal though, but have yet to not see one that I wanted when tweaking the game.

Seems like the bugs are relatively minor. Glad there’s nothing like game resets anymore.

I have noticed the game seems to have 2 balls in play during single ball play, but admittedly it’s hard to tell when you’re in crypt.

4 ball is weird. Haha. But at least we get Mb. My pool sharks has multiple balls and there’s no MB. Haha.

Thanks for the details on the bugs and tweaks wanted. Seems to be much better for a tournament now than it was before.

Spinner does nothing, but that’s common on lots of games.

Settings for difficulty for the rooms would be nice.

Also I’ve yet to see another mystery award except advance 2 rooms. Got three of them in one game the other night.

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The game is in desperate need of graphics to accompany the collection of weapons. How about some exciting graphics and sounds when a weapon is used? The bones are all there, it's just poorly executed right now.

Every time I’ve gotten a weapon it has had a sound effect and animation.

Definitely disagree on poor execution. That’s beyond a stretch.

#5114 3 years ago

Despite Fawzma's last social media posts (at least FB/Twitter) being over 2 years ago and his last post in this thread being 6 months ago, it does appear that he was on Pinside on Friday - so maybe he's still working on ACNC code. Hell, hopefully he still is working at Spooky. With the lack of any Spooky presence in this thread regarding code (Bowen's last check in was 3 months ago and last check in on the R&M thread was 2 months ago), it has me worried that there isn't going to be anymore updates past the last one. Very hopeful though. Maybe we'll get some word from Team Spooky at some point one way or another.

chuckwurt I haven't noticed the ramps being lit, I'll have to check that out when I get off work. If so, that is great! I'd still like to see a different color flashing at the target on the upper playfield to make it more obvious for the new comer.

I haven't checked the offset since the last update admittedly, but I haven't had the attract mode/callouts stuff work yet for sure.

It definitely is better for tournament play, although I do see TD's having to often answer questions of why someone got a million points added to their score when their MB is stolen.

This is a 9.5 title in my opinion, with a little polish it's an easy 10. Just hoping that the insects get squashed and a little polish gets added.

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every time I’ve gotten a weapon it has had a sound effect and animation.
Definitely disagree on poor execution. That’s beyond a stretch.

I'm talking about when a weapon is used, not collected. You collected the weapon... and, in what should be a special moment, the weapon is used with no ceremony. In fact, it's hard to tell it was used. Put yourself in a novice's shoes... or someone who isn't a pinhead. This is a big miss for what is billed as a key part of a game.

#5116 3 years ago

New podcast up...I'm just starting it, but maybe there will be some Alice Cooper updates.

#5117 3 years ago

A novice would never collect a weapon. Ever. But I understand what you’re saying.

This game to me is for pinheads only. That’s fine though.

#5118 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A novice would never collect a weapon. Ever. But I understand what you’re saying.

I've tried to coach first timers through this game, but the fact is that it's just not for novice players. That said, it's a perfect game for a home collection because there is a lot to do and it's always a challenge. Right about the time I feel like I have the game clocked, it hands me my ass.

#5119 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

New podcast up...I'm just starting it, but maybe there will be some Alice Cooper updates.

Confirmed that they are still working on Alice about the 6 min mark.

#5120 3 years ago

They also say that Bowen is coming out with a written deep dive in the code and a video as well. Look forward to the content! Thanks for the update Spooky!

#5121 3 years ago

Yes super happy to hear there’s more to come. I think one thing that could be added would just be overall sound effects. A lot of great stuff during gameplay but stuff that makes the game feel like exciting pinball! For instant crypt multi ball is very subdued. Be cool to have more sound effects during monster battles.

Witt all of this said I’m currently trying to dial in my game in regards to flipper strength. I’ve had the strengths all the way to 50 and down below 30. It seems I’m hitting orbits easier below 30 but maybe having a more difficult time with the ramp. I also seem to remember people saying they’ve dialed down the sling shots as well to make the cane more controllable.

I’m just curious to hear anyone’s settings in regards to flippers and slings. Thanks so much.

#5122 3 years ago

More good news! Well ... for me at least. Hopefully others can benefit from this as well.

I set my ball save magnet back to Pattern 1 and it has been performing well nearly every time now. So nice to have this feature working again!

For those keeping tabs: I have a later build game (#435) and am not using the Pinball Life plastic core over the magnet.

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Yes super happy to hear there’s more to come. I think one thing that could be added would just be overall sound effects. A lot of great stuff during gameplay but stuff that makes the game feel like exciting pinball! For instant crypt multi ball is very subdued. Be cool to have more sound effects during monster battles.
Witt all of this said I’m currently trying to dial in my game in regards to flipper strength. I’ve had the strengths all the way to 50 and down below 30. It seems I’m hitting orbits easier below 30 but maybe having a more difficult time with the ramp. I also seem to remember people saying they’ve dialed down the sling shots as well to make the cane more controllable.
I’m just curious to hear anyone’s settings in regards to flippers and slings. Thanks so much.

This one is on 40 each lower and 15 upper and I feel that is perfect.

Agree on the crypt sounds. I don’t even know I’m in that Mb most of the time.

Also, pit creature. I know how the mode works now, but there’s really no game reaction each time you hide the ball and decrease the timer. I’d be nice to have so the player doesn’t have to look up and confirm the timer is going down.

Little stuff like that could make the game even better if they are taking one more pass at it.

I say focus on that little stuff, then if there is time left look to new features like adding a spinner mode or anything else.

#5124 3 years ago

Got to BDB!! 500mm game. Didn’t beat it obviously. Can someone pm me to help me with the rules? Even with my wife reading the LCD and telling me what to do, it was confusing.

I don’t want to spoil it for anyone.

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

True, but pinheads like rewards for their hard work... I can’t quite imagine a stern or JJP game ignoring a moment in game like that.

Sounds like Spooky has indicated they are continuing to polish... that’s great news. Glad they addressed it!

#5126 3 years ago

I would love to have one 'open source', community coded pin. There is so much potential. Maybe some day...

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I would love to have one 'open source', community coded pin. There is so much potential. Maybe some day...

Sadly, you'll never see it on a licensed pin, sadly.

#5128 3 years ago

Bowen confirmed on tilt forums a new update is coming and confirmed the pit creature hurry up build up bug I noticed will be squashed. Hopefully lots of other great tweaks too!

#5129 3 years ago

Found another bug. I had a ball locked in crypt going into ball 3. Hit the crypt skill shot, was awarded points, but the secret passage didn’t light.

#5130 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Found another bug. I had a ball locked in crypt going into ball 3. Hit the crypt skill shot, was awarded points, but the secret passage didn’t light.

Not all skill shots light the secret passage.
Some light both - ball save & secret passage.
Some light only the ball save.

At the moment, I don't remember which ones do what.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The crypt is supposed to light secret passage.

They could improve this too by showing the skillshot awards while the ball is in the shooter lane, not only after the plunge.

#5132 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Crypt definitely lights the secret passage. I always try to live catch and backhand the left ramp. If I fail at that and end up on the right flipper I backhand crypt.

#5133 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The crypt is supposed to light secret passage.
They could improve this too by showing the skillshot awards while the ball is in the shooter lane, not only after the plunge.

Okay, I don't know which ones do and don't, just know there are differences.

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, I don't know which ones do and don't, just know there are differences.

Hence my suggestion to show the player what the shots do with the ball in the shooter lane.

#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Crypt and ramps light passage.

Orbits don’t.

rd

#5136 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hence my suggestion to show the player what the shots do with the ball in the shooter lane.

Oh I know. I wasn't disagreeing with you.

#5137 3 years ago

Finally saved up for and installed my last Medisinyl Mod, the laboratory. If you have been on the fence, the ACNC Medisinyl Mod collection definitely turns your 'Pro' to a 'Premium'. Also shown are FilamentPrinting coin buttons and pinstadium lights. What a work of art!

#5138 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Finally saved up for and installed my last Medisinyl Mod, the laboratory. If you have been on the fence, the ACNC Medisinyl Mod collection definitely turns your 'Pro' to a 'Premium'. Also shown are Filament Printings coin buttons and Pinstadium lights. What a work of art!

Medisinyl Mods are a must on ACNC - so well done!

Now you need to get the decal for the castle wall in front of that bitchin' looking lab!

#5139 3 years ago

Got to Billion Dollar Babies tonight - nice.

Long time readers might recall I’ve been there before but my beta code crashed. lol

Spoilers follow - so look away.

You’ve been warned ...

Billion Dollar Baby Question - I got there on ball 2 (well, ball one plus an extra ball) ... I had no idea what to do, but figured out to shoot the blue shots, not the red ones, and the green shots gave you a chance to cash out. I had it up to 450m I think, and kept going ... then the timer ran out. (I didn’t know there was a timer... I was trying to get to 1b lol)

Then the screen said “got you” or something. And the flippers went dead and the ball drained.

Then I launched the next ball - flippers were dead. And the next ball, the same.

I presume that when he “got you” then that’s the end of the game?

rd

#5140 3 years ago

Yes it’s game over after the mode is done. I also am not sure how you get to the billion point shot.

#5141 3 years ago

TWIP is posting what I presume is Bowens deep dive for ACNC this week so maybe we'll find out more about BDB.

#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes it’s game over after the mode is done. I also am not sure how you get to the billion point shot.

Danni was watching - she said I had one blue shot to go.

That’s why I kept going ... but the timer ran out. (

Oh well, I’ll have another go later.

rd

#5143 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Took to pm.

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

TWIP is posting what I presume is Bowens deep dive for ACNC this week so maybe we'll find out more about BDB.

Hey all!! Yes - more info on Billion Dollar Babies will be in the Deep Dive which will be launching tomorrow. I am super excited about this Deep Dive, the info makes it a lot easier to understand what is going on and makes the game even MORE fun!! Bowen and Charlie and David van Es have been super helpful with this - putting the finishing touches on it now and it'll be shared first thing in the morning!!

Ballroom info Screen (resized).pngBallroom info Screen (resized).png
#5145 3 years ago

"Upper Target With Eyes"?
I thought it was officially called the 'Vampire Standup'?

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

The deep dive will be very cool.
In BDB, there is a small font telling you what level you are on - starts at 19 I think? Each time you hit a green "scoop" shot you can cash out, or advance "down" one level until you get back to the foyer. That's when you get the 1 billion points. I can only get there on 4 player coop mode, very cool doing it in 2 balls! Weapons make it much quicker, so long as you find them and use the collect!
If you want to see the screen for BDB I did it on https://www.twitch.tv/videos/711508486?filter=archives&sort=time and skip to the 34:14 mark and it makes sense then. Used a few weapons on the way too.

#5147 3 years ago

Nothing from the TWIP deep dive was very new to the ones following this thread, other than one of the features listed is a 4 ball multiball which there isn't one in the current code.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-updated-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-code/

#5148 3 years ago

"To reach Billion Dollar Babies you must battle all nine monsters, including Frankenstein." I thought you only had to battle 8 monsters to get to BDB and Frank was excluded.

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

"To reach Billion Dollar Babies you must battle all nine monsters, including Frankenstein." I thought you only had to battle 8 monsters to get to BDB and Frank was excluded.

Nope. All 9.

#5150 3 years ago

Huh. I thought I had it lit once without battling Frank. Must have been dreaming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/103?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.