(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 160.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Came up with my first mod ever to address the significant air ball issues off the left ramp. I tried the little tree air ball preventer from pinball life, but it didn't really do much. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1274-wpc/04060-alice-cooper-left-ramp-tunnel-

I’ve never seen any air balls in an ACNC ...

Somethings up ... ramp flap? Flippers too powerful? Can’t see how it would go airborne ...

rd

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Somethings up ... ramp flap? Flippers too powerful? Can’t see how it would go airborne ...
rd

The one I’m playing if you hit a crazy fast left ramp and the drop is down and it feeds the left flipper return fast, it will hop off the wire form. But the game has a short ball save active for that shot so it always gives the ball back if you drain.

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool. So I guess it was a lot harder to start the first monster before?

Quoted from zacaj:

Not really that much. Three orbits instead of two

Depends on the difficulty setting -
Normal / Default three orbits.
Hardest - four, and
Easiest, 2.

I enjoyed Hard, as I liked going through the rooms. No, I haven't gotten to BDB yes. And I'm perfectly okay with that. Back in the 90's, a wizard mode was something you got once after a long, long time, and some luck. Making this game too easy makes the end not feel like I earned it.

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I dialed my flipper power down slightly from factory, and the slope of the pf is ~7.3. Normally airballs would come when the shot was off just a bit. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has this happening as Scott designed the little trees that pinball life sells to counter the airballs. The little tree just did nothing for my airballs.

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I dialed my flipper power down slightly from factory, and the slope of the pf is ~7.3. Normally airballs would come when the shot was off just a bit. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has this happening as Scott designed the little trees that pinball life sells to counter the airballs. The little tree just did nothing for my airballs.

I used to have a lot airballs from slightly missed left ramp shots too. I loosened the screws on the ramp, moved it a bit, and retightened them. Much better

#5056 3 years ago

What did you dial your flippers to?

Quoted from JustEverett:

#5057 3 years ago

I'm doing some organizing of my pinball parts but trying to recall what parts if any ACNC shipped with such as any extra plastics or anything other than the tilt weight, balls, and keys.

#5058 3 years ago

My had only few promo key plastics added.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think 7.3 slope is unnecessary. I had it at 7.1 and dialed it back to 6.8 and it's been fine. Also, I use the Titan beveled post sleeves which supposedly reduce air balls. I also increased flipper power from default to better backhand the secret passage and make the ramps. I rarely get air balls.

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think 7.3 slope is unnecessary. I had it at 7.1 and dialed it back to 6.8 and it's been fine. Also, I use the Titan beveled post sleeves which supposedly reduce air balls. I also increased flipper power from default to better backhand the secret passage and make the ramps. I rarely get air balls.

I could be wrong on where my slope is, but I'm usually 7+. I also have the titan glow rubbers which are beveled. I guess I just assumed this was an issues for others as it's been an issue for me since day 1. After seeing that area all dimpled up I decided to made a piece that would stop further air balls. Works like a charm for me.

#5062 3 years ago

I put mine to 6.5 as all of mine ... no airballs at all, no dimples....
Regards Pat

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I put mine to 6.5 as all of mine ... no airballs at all, no dimples....
Regards Pat

I had mine at 6.5 when I first set it up, but it was just way too floaty for my preferance. I wanted a little more speed, so I bumped it up to 7. I just check it and it's 7.1.

#5064 3 years ago

JustEverett any update on what you had your flippers set to? I feel like I’m close to having my dialed in but not quite...

Quoted from JustEverett:

I had mine at 6.5 when I first set it up, but it was just way too floaty for my preferance. I wanted a little more speed, so I bumped it up to 7. I just check it and it's 7.1.

#5065 3 years ago

Finally earned both EBs and had a great one! Only had Ethyl left.

Once you comeplete all the modes does BDB just start? I want to be prepared. Haha

18777666-BDF5-4A70-9011-0FABA433238F (resized).jpeg18777666-BDF5-4A70-9011-0FABA433238F (resized).jpeg
#5066 3 years ago

After the final monster ends, three shots light green, Left a scoop, center scoop and crypt. Hit one of those and BDB begins!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally earned both EBs and had a great one! Only had Ethyl left.
Once you comeplete all the modes does BDB just start? I want to be prepared. Haha
[quoted image]

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

After the final monster ends, three shots light green, Left a scoop, center scoop and crypt. Hit one of those and BDB begins!

Dang that's weird. I've been to this spot several times and I thought you had to hit all three of the shots. I know multiple times I've hit two of the 3 shots and only needed to hit the scoop, but never did. I wonder why BDB didn't start upon hitting one of the shots like you are saying.

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Dang that's weird. I've been to this spot several times and I thought you had to hit all three of the shots. I know multiple times I've hit two of the 3 shots and only needed to hit the scoop, but never did. I wonder why BDB didn't start upon hitting one of the shots like you are saying.

You guys have your machines on different difficulty settings?

I don’t have a spooky machine yet so not sure if I even know what the hell im talking about...

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

You guys have your machines on different difficulty settings?
I don’t have a spooky machine yet so not sure if I even know what the hell im talking about...

On the latest coded, it's just progressive. So accessing monsters starts out easy then gets progressively tougher.

#5070 3 years ago

Okay weapon experts. I think I had a situation last night where I had zombie mode locked in, traveled to the conservatory. Ramps were lit for weapon on the upper pf. Was trying to go up there and accidentally traveled to the next room.

Ramps were still lit for weapon. I assumed that each monster only had one room where their weapon was located. Am I wrong?

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay weapon experts. I think I had a situation last night where I had zombie mode locked in, traveled to the conservatory. Ramps were lit for weapon on the upper pf. Was trying to go up there and accidentally traveled to the next room.
Ramps were still lit for weapon. I assumed that each monster only had one room where their weapon was located. Am I wrong?

You are correct that monster specific weapons only show up in a specific room. I'm surprised that when you navigated to the next room the ramps were still lit. Is it possible during gameplay you hit the center targets to change monsters before navigating to the next room?

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

You are correct that monster specific weapons only show up in a specific room. I'm surprised that when you navigated to the next room the ramps were still lit. Is it possible during gameplay you hit the center targets to change monsters before navigating to the next room?

Definitely possible. I have the session on recording. I’ll try and carve out the situation and post here.

#5073 3 years ago

Can anyone explain what these weapons actually do or how they specifically work? Example?

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can anyone explain what these weapons actually do or how they specifically work? Example?

They make defeating the monsters way easier.

For example:

Earn the vampire weapon before starting vampire and it only takes one hit to the standup target to defeat him and go to victory laps.

Downside to using weapons is you lose out on points doing it. But will make getting to BDB easier.

Also it is my understanding that the pit creature weapon does not work. A bug apparently.

#5075 3 years ago

Nothing is more frustrating than getting the Ethyl weapon, only to start Crypt MB and it switching to Igor mode - effectively losing your weapon. FawzmaGames Please fix this bug.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Here's a full list of weapons, where to find them, and which monster they help you defeat. Probably need to mark as a key post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/96#post-5663041

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Nothing is more frustrating than getting the Ethyl weapon, only to start Crypt MB and it switching to Igor mode - effectively losing your weapon. fawzmagames Please fix this bug.

yuck. Haha

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Here's a full list of weapons, where to find them, and which monster they help you defeat. Probably need to mark as a key post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/96#post-5663041

Is there a post that shows where the rooms are on the map?

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a post that shows where the rooms are on the map?

The post right above that post.

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've seen this list but was wondering specifically what was made easier during the mode... The vampire example above makes sense that it takes less target hits to complete the mode. I've always been one to go more for mode completion than points so I do like this idea even though points would be sacrificed.

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Nothing is more frustrating than getting the Ethyl weapon, only to start Crypt MB and it switching to Igor mode - effectively losing your weapon. fawzmagames Please fix this bug.

This happened to me the other day and I thought I was going crazy. Good to know it’s a bug and not my mind going out.

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've seen this list but was wondering specifically what was made easier during the mode... The vampire example above makes sense that it takes less target hits to complete the mode. I've always been one to go more for mode completion than points so I do like this idea even though points would be sacrificed.

I almost always end up with more points when I have a weapon. Being able to defeat a monster and have the frenzy mode with ball save plus the jackpots far outweighs the scoring during the mode I think.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I almost always end up with more points when I have a weapon. Being able to defeat a monster and have the frenzy mode with ball save plus the jackpots far outweighs the scoring during the mode I think.

Using pit creature as an example I’ve gotten 60 million from the first phase alone.

Also playing out Igor gets you 6-8 million a shot if you’re finding him quickly.

What feeds the hurry up value at the end? The frenzy shots?

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Using pit creature as an example I’ve gotten 60 million from the first phase alone.
Also playing out Igor gets you 6-8 million a shot if you’re finding him quickly.
What feeds the hurry up value at the end? The frenzy shots?

Pit creature is definitely a scoring heavy mode. Some of my best scores have been 90% pit creature. I think during the frenzy you can both collect jackpots on the mode colored shots and then the white lit inserts will build the hurry up value, but I could be wrong about this. bkerins is the man you really need to ask.

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Does anyone have a list of the bonuses/discounted shots that each weapon provides for each mode by chance?

1) VAMPIRE WEAPON before starting vampire and it only takes one hit to the standup target to defeat him

#5087 3 years ago

If people are finding the rulesheet confusing to read, lmk and I can try to improve it. I've tried to put all the details in there but...

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If people are finding the rulesheet confusing to read, lmk and I can try to improve it. I've tried to put all the details in there but...

Feel free to add detailed rules on how each monster’s hurry up is calculated.

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Feel free to add detailed rules on how each monster’s hurry up is calculated.

I think it's just the value of the mode+frenzy shots made during the frenzy time?

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think it's just the value of the mode+frenzy shots made during the frenzy time?

I guess I assumed because it’s Bowen there something more complex going on haha. It’s only affected by the frenzy phase then?

Because I’ve crushed the main mode and only gotten a 5 million hurry up before. Then other times I’ve gotten a 30 million hurry up.

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bowen there something more complex going on haha

The BASE amount is 5million x # of monsters. (So, first monster it starts at 5mil. Second, it starts at 10Mil.) Note that in earlier software revisions, it was *defeated* monsters. I do not know right now if it's still *defeated* monsters or any. Then, the Frenzy is added to it, yeah.

#5092 3 years ago

Per Bowen:

Yes, the hurry-up starting value is the points scored during the Frenzy phase of that monster battle, with a minimum base value of 5M * (# monsters defeated, including this one). The hurry-up counts down to 2.5M * monsters.

There is no maximum to the hurry-up starting value.

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is no maximum to the hurry-up starting value.

No there is not, and IMHO there should be. I had an Ethyl where after I drained, my Hurryup started at somewhere around 120mil - 3x times my overall score. And of course, I missed it.

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No there is not, and IMHO there should be. I had an Ethyl where after I drained, my Hurryup started at somewhere around 120mil - 3x times my overall score. And of course, I missed it.

Well I’m guessing that Ethyl was the final mode you played and you completed most if not all the monsters beforehand? Not sure how you would build up a value that high by frenzy shots alone. Aren’t they mostly only 1-2 million a pop? Frenzy timer 15-20 seconds usually? Somethings not adding up.

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I’m guessing that Ethyl was the final mode you played and you completed most if not all the monsters beforehand? Not sure how you would build up a value that high by frenzy shots alone. Aren’t they mostly only 1-2 million a pop? Frenzy timer 15-20 seconds usually? Somethings not adding up.

Oh no, the closes I've gotten to BDB was 2 monsters left. It was a killer Ethyl, but like I said - I have no idea how I got it. In fact, when the hurry-up started, I saw the screen and lost the ball, asking my friend if I read the number correctly.

#5096 3 years ago

Maybe the mode shots during the frenzy also add to the value as well as the orange frenzy shots? Those are usually a lot more valuable, so maybe you collected enough of those. Not sure.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe the mode shots during the frenzy also add to the value as well as the orange frenzy shots? Those are usually a lot more valuable, so maybe you collected enough of those. Not sure.

They do, if it's a mode that keeps going during the frenzy

#5098 3 years ago

K. I’ll start paying closer attention to see which ones do that and which ones add the most to the hurry up. Sounds like ethyl could be nuts, especially later in the game.

But the way Bowen’s comment reads, that calculation appears to be the minimum and not where the hurry value starts. Could be wrong.

#5099 3 years ago

Does anybody have the original ACNC Flyer (without "SOLD OUT" watermark) as image or PDF?

If you don't know what i'm talking about:
http://shop.spookypinball.com/Alice-Coopers-Nightmare-Castle-limited-to-500-units-INITIAL-PAYMENT_p_19.html

#5100 3 years ago

Thanks Darrell for this great Tower.
Colors and structure do match 100% like designed from factory. Incredible !!!

0B17DBB1-838C-439F-A634-BF7063F8764C (resized).jpeg0B17DBB1-838C-439F-A634-BF7063F8764C (resized).jpeg619164D3-9990-406E-BAA8-E7978AA67048 (resized).jpeg619164D3-9990-406E-BAA8-E7978AA67048 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.