(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 160.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Backhanding the secret passage has been problematic for me since day one. There's about a 10% chance I'll pull it off. This has more to do with the resistance the ball encounters in that steep turn on it's way to the upper roll over switch (circled below). I don't think increasing flipper strength will solve the problem. But it may help. Backhanding the crypt has always been tough for me.
[quoted image]

I was able to backhand the secret passage with ease on day 1, and stayed that way for the first 10-20 days of this NIB pin. It became more and more difficult with each passing day, and now I can also make it maybe 10% of the time.

Perhaps it has more to do with flipper strength?

#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was able to backhand the secret passage with ease on day 1, and stayed that way for the first 10-20 days of this NIB pin. It became more and more difficult with each passing day, and now I can also make it maybe 10% of the time.
Perhaps it has more to do with flipper strength?

I just posted that I now have my flipper at max power '50', and still not always making the ramps with clean shots about half the time. I'm going to rebuild the flippers when I get time. Nearly 2000 plays on machine.

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Backhanding the secret passage has been problematic for me since day one. There's about a 10% chance I'll pull it off. This has more to do with the resistance the ball encounters in that steep turn on it's way to the upper roll over switch (circled below). I don't think increasing flipper strength will solve the problem. But it may help. Backhanding the crypt has always been tough for me.
[quoted image]

Flipper *ANGLE* is important as well for backhanding anything.

#4954 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Flipper *ANGLE* is important as well for backhanding anything.

I've tried flipper bats dead straight off inlane and also slightly angled up where flipper bats (with rubbers removed) rest on pins inserted into alignment holes in playfield. After I rebuild them, I'll figure out which way is better. My main problem now is that flippers are too weak.

Added over 4 years ago:

Fixed!
I had forgot to gap the right flipper bat during last adjustment.

#4955 3 years ago

Okay, for those waiting for the Mark Jarman custom speaker decal, we received the final version from the printer to test the fit and it is good, so these will be available soon. Mark blended the artwork perfectly and added dungeon victims and an Executioner. It looks fantastic!

We are going to order 25 and unless there is crazy demand, that will be all that will ever be printed ($45+$5 shipping = $50 total). The vinyl is high quality and the decal can be re-positioned as many times as needed, however it does stretch when removing it from the backing if you aren't careful, which I found out the hard way. If you stretch it, just cut and overlap the middle section. Here are some photos from my junk camera...

IMG_4880.JPGIMG_4880.JPGIMG_4945.JPGIMG_4945.JPGIMG_4946.JPGIMG_4946.JPGIMG_4947.JPGIMG_4947.JPG

#4956 3 years ago

Looks great I definetly want one of these let me know details.

Thanks...

Ron

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Okay, for those waiting for the Mark Jarman custom speaker decal, we received the final version from the printer to test the fit and it is good, so these will be available soon. Mark blended the artwork perfectly and added dungeon victims and an Executioner. It looks fantastic!
We are going to order 25 and unless there is crazy demand, that will be all that will ever be printed ($45+$5 shipping = $50 total). The vinyl is high quality and the decal can be re-positioned as many times as needed, however it does stretch when removing it from the backing if you aren't careful, which I found out the hard way. If you stretch it, just cut and overlap the middle section. Here are some photos from my junk camera...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - I definitely want one - let me know details - Thanks Ron

#4958 3 years ago

My magnet save has suddenly and completely stopped grabbing the ball from the left outlane. Is there supposed to be something down by the trough that diverts the ball up toward the magnet on that side? Because as it is it just rolls down the outlane and the magnet doesn’t affect it at all on that side any more. Am I missing something here?

4023B278-7CE6-46AE-A497-FF82DBBB7959 (resized).jpeg4023B278-7CE6-46AE-A497-FF82DBBB7959 (resized).jpeg

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My magnet save has suddenly and completely stopped grabbing the ball from the left outlane. Is there supposed to be something down by the trough that diverts the ball up toward the magnet on that side? Because as it is it just rolls down the outlane and the magnet doesn’t affect it at all on that side any more. Am I missing something here?

[quoted image]

Yeah there should be a foam pad on either side of the trough to bump the ball up prior to going down the hole

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Yeah there should be a foam pad on either side of the trough to bump the ball up prior to going down the hole

Really? I’ll be damned. Mine never had them I guess. Huh. Okie dokie. Thanks!

Any chance someone could show me a pic of what I’m missing here? Is it something I can rig up with a little foam and two sided tape?

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from ronzomatic:

Looks great - I definitely want one - let me know details - Thanks Ron

I will post another message when we have them in hand and ready to ship...thanks!

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Really? I’ll be damned. Mine never had them I guess. Huh. Okie dokie. Thanks!
Any chance someone could show me a pic of what I’m missing here? Is it something I can rig up with a little foam and two sided tape?

20200718_094300 (resized).jpg20200718_094300 (resized).jpg
#4963 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Any advice on the Magna save? Mine doesn’t work well, it will grab the ball and then a second later stop and just drain, had never brought it back in play before

Cheers
Tep

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from Imotep:

Hi guys,
Any advice on the Magna save? Mine doesn’t work well, it will grab the ball and then a second later stop and just drain, had never brought it back in play before
Cheers
Tep

+1

Mine used to work pretty well until the last code update. Now rarely kicks the ball back into play no matter the pattern setting. Pinball Life insert install also no help and I've removed it.

#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

+1
Mine used to work pretty well until the last code update. Now rarely kicks the ball back into play no matter the setting. Pinball Life insert install also no help and I've removed it.

When I bought my ACNC it had the Pinball Life insert on the magnet. The magna save barely ever worked no matter what setting it was on. I removed the insert and it helped a lot. Now my magna save works about 80% of the time. I really hope they address this in a future code update since its such a cool feature. My Shadow magnet lock has never failed to shoot the ball (with quite a bit of force) up into the lock. If they could figure it out in 1994 I don't see why it can't be done in 2020.

#4966 3 years ago
Quoted from Imotep:

Hi guys,
Cheers
Tep

Have you tried the different magnet patterns? There are 4 different ones. Every update i have to use a different pattern.

Depending on your build date you may have a resistor in line with the magnet. Later builds removed it. Spooky posted a video (i watched it on youtube) on a few different ways to bypass it.

#4967 3 years ago

My magnet has thrown it hard enough to hit the 3 stand ups. It might have not worked but its very rare. Latest code and default settings.

#4968 3 years ago

ACNC fam, do you know where I can locate the female portions of the RGB light connections (Black end)? I found the male connectors at Great Plains, but not the female. Working on a project and would like it to be plug and play instead of hard wired.

83052DAF-1706-4C2E-BE0C-C552687941DE (resized).jpeg83052DAF-1706-4C2E-BE0C-C552687941DE (resized).jpegD9766F2A-D787-4D62-B9E0-87CB094F8D54 (resized).pngD9766F2A-D787-4D62-B9E0-87CB094F8D54 (resized).png
#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

ACNC fam, do you know where I can locate the female portions of the RGB light connections (Black end)? I found the male connectors at Great Plains, but not the female. Working on a project and would like it to be plug and play instead of hard wired.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any .100" 4-pin header will work. From Molex to TE.
Digikey is your friend:
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?t=319&s=3544&pv7=3&pv1989=0&pv28=392960&pv89=9726&pv2172=i1&pv69=349292&pv31=334919&pv37=319929

#4970 3 years ago

I think the magna save is just machine dependant on what will make it work better. Mine stock only worked about 50% of the time. After the last update, it stopped working completely and would just hold and then drop without flinging it.

I added the pinball life insert on setting 1 and now my magna save works 100% of the time without fail.

So its just trial and error on each machine till you find the combo that works for you.

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Any .100" 4-pin header will work. From Molex to TE.
Digikey is your friend:

Thank you sir!!

#4972 3 years ago

Loving these decals - despite my clumsy application.
Many thanks @arcadevideo!

BE8521A2-357B-4313-953C-2DD4CDDB853A (resized).jpegBE8521A2-357B-4313-953C-2DD4CDDB853A (resized).jpeg
#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Many thanks arcadevideo!
[quoted image]

I can't wait to get mine. They look so good! Unfortunately, mine seem to be lost in the mail at the moment.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I can't wait to get mine. ...

Me too!

My thanks to the modders for making multiple choices available. Both are a nice upgrade to the game!

#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

I removed these day one. They did nothing but get the ball hung up. It didn't affect my magnet action at all.

#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

When I bought my ACNC it had the Pinball Life insert on the magnet. The magna save barely ever worked no matter what setting it was on. I removed the insert and it helped a lot. Now my magna save works about 80% of the time.

The disk never caused any problems and improved it's performance for me.

#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Unrelated to power-supplies, some things I have learned about game development from Spooky here that I always took for granted from Stern/Midway:
1. Have "ramp made" switches. For software programming, this makes things a lot easier to plan for.
2. Have EOS switches. Nothing pisses a player (me) off more than having a hard-rolling ball hit a flipper hard enough to cause the hold coil to release its grip.
3. Where you have two more more flippers on a single button (upper, lower), have a staged flipper switch. Seriously - I never reliaze how much I depend on them more so than after playing Alice.
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now. Heh.

I finally thought of #4 -
4. Adjustable outlane posts. Sheesh.

#4978 3 years ago

OK, I had a few drinks and played Alice for an hour. This S.O.B. game made me swear a 100 times! But, it's teaching me how to play pinball!!!

#4979 3 years ago

This broke on me. HUO about 1000 plays. My playfield is toast. I'm sad.

IMG_20200721_221158 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_221158 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_221223 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_221223 (resized).jpg
#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

This broke on me. HUO about 1000 plays. My playfield is toast. I'm sad.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks, but you can repair it. You can use a wood filler or even toothpicks to rebuild the wood that got reamed out.

Match the colors in acrylic paints. You might have to lay some plastic wrap down and mix the blue to match over it until it’s right. Touch it up and let dry. Then use a good quality CA medium thickness glue over the spots you paint. Let dry completely (it’ll haze on day 2 - don’t worry- it’ll clear up). Sand the CA with 800 grit sandpaper and Novus 2. Then 1200. Then 2000. Novus 2 the whole area, and you’ll be good to go.

DVD #4 is the repair Bible for this kind of stuff. I’ve fixed wayyyy worse on many playfields.

http://www.pinrepair.com/top/

#4981 3 years ago

Wait, this is on the mini playfield. Contact KT tomorrow. I bet they have them.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Wait, this is on the mini playfield. Contact KT tomorrow. I bet they have them.

I emailed her already! Thank you for the advice, I'll wait to hear what they say.

#4983 3 years ago

Seen that issue multiple times now... Wonder if I should just preemptively put some mylar around mine... Or pull it and add some glue?

Always seemed weird that there was just a metal guide there to bash against with no rubber...

#4984 3 years ago

I stopped the game as soon as I noticed, but I was in Frank multiball, just kind of blindly juggling the ball up there while keeping my eye on the lower playfield, so I'm not sure how many times I hit it before seeing it was broken...

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Seen that issue multiple times now...

Well, that's going to give me nightmares.

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, that's going to give me nightmares.

Well, it is the nightmare castle after all!

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Seen that issue multiple times now... Wonder if I should just preemptively put some mylar around mine... Or pull it and add some glue?

Good advise!
I just did it. I pulled it out, put down Mylar and super glued it back in with thin CA. Took about 15 min. Just be real gentle prying it out with a block under screw driver to protect playfield. Also, rough up the metal wire with sand paper so glue grabs it. Use corner of paper towel to gently soak up any extra glue.

#4988 3 years ago

Anyone heard if Spooky is going to add to the code that was released? Possibly some graphics/sounds associated with the weapons (please)?

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Anyone heard if Spooky is going to add to the code that was released? Possibly some graphics/sounds associated with the weapons (please)?

No, but I sure hope so. As has been expresssed by others, I'm not a fan of the latest code's initial limited room availabilty and the weapons gameplay incorporation is still lacking to say the least.

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No, but I sure hope so. As has been expresssed by others, I'm not a fan of the latest code's initial limited room availabilty and the weapons gameplay incorporation is still lacking to say the least.

Spooky’s disappearance in this thread isn’t exactly confidence inducing.

#4991 3 years ago

They are building the shit out of R&M now. Any updates for ACNC will be slow to come.

#4992 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They are building the shit out of R&M now. Any updates for ACNC will be slow to come.

Fawzma isn't doing anything on R&M afaik

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Always seemed weird that there was just a metal guide there to bash against with no rubber...

Mine came loose the first time I started playing it (3rd owner). I did think about gluing it back but after seeing a few examples where it had scratched the playfield I erred on the side of caution and just removed it. It doesn't seem to make much difference to the Vampire shot/return whether it's there or not.

#4994 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Many thanks arcadevideo!
[quoted image]

You're welcome, looks great!

#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, and I don't mind new features being slow to come, but they *really* need to address the Cold Ethyl bug that appeared in the latest update. Its a game play issue and needs fixing ASAP IMO.

#4996 3 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Yeah, and I don't mind new features being slow to come, but they *really* need to address the Cold Ethyl bug that appeared in the latest update. Its a game play issue and needs fixing ASAP IMO.

Some sort of communication would be nice. Either: code complete or we have more polish and code coming.

When I was deciding to put down my deposit, spooky was definitely quick to say all sorts of goodies were on the way. With a customer base this small, you’d hope they wouldn’t be this quick to only cater to the next 750.

The code update was great, but a little more interaction and confirmation of code status would be nice.

TNA has gotten lots of chatter... but that’s really driven by Scott. And it’s super appreciated.

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Some sort of communication would be nice.

Well, that fell on deaf ears!

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Some sort of communication would be nice. Either: code complete or we have more polish and code coming

Much like buying a broken topper from them and trying to get it replaced since April.

#4999 3 years ago

At last we are ready to fulfill orders for the ACNC speaker decal, custom designed by pro-artist Mark Jarman! There are only 20 available, so first come first serve. They are $50 including shipping. You can Paypal Mark directly at [email protected] and please use the Friends option to avoid fees.

Regarding installation, you can reposition the decal as many times as you like but it will stretch if you pull on it. Also, please remove the backing very slowly or you will stretch the decal. If you do, you can simply cut the middle sections and overlap them. I did this on mine and it looks fine. Thanks!

IMG_4945.JPGIMG_4945.JPG
#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Well i sure wish he would finish RZ first, as it's been promised for a long time now...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/100?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.