(Topic ID: 303905)

Alice Cooper Shocking Me... help needed

By AMSNL

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87EF57BE-92C7-477D-98E4-D12EB8DCBA50 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

So I just unboxed a brand new spooky Alice cooper

And the lockbar/rails and coindoor giving me shocks. I changed the power lead but no diff.

I can feel some low voltage running thru the ground bread on the pin

Any help?

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

So I just unboxed a brand new spooky Alice cooper
    And the lockbar/rails and coindoor giving me shocks. I changed the power lead but no diff.
    I can feel some low voltage running thru the ground bread on the pin
    Any help?

It’s not grounded. Are you sure your outlet is properly grounded?

Either the pin is not making a proper connection to ground or your outlet is not grounded which gives the same effect on the pin.

#3 2 years ago

I’m using a full grounded outlet . So maybe I have to tracé down the inline connection and work from there,?

#4 2 years ago

Check the ground pin. I had this exact same problem with my Taxi machine. I would get a zap from the side rails.

See the below:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

This was the advice that I got when it was happening to me:

If you have a voltmeter set it to AC and measure the rails from one machine to the next. Should be 0 or very close to it. If you get around 60 volts then you may have an open ground. If you get 120V then you may have a hot/neutral swapped on the power cord of one machine, Not safe. Start with the voltmeter and go from there.

#5 2 years ago

That's normal, nothing to see here.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Hahaha

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

It’s a feature!!

#8 2 years ago

Alice cooper SHOCKING your way thru pinball!

#9 2 years ago

Can’t see anything strange.

87EF57BE-92C7-477D-98E4-D12EB8DCBA50 (resized).jpeg87EF57BE-92C7-477D-98E4-D12EB8DCBA50 (resized).jpeg
    #10 2 years ago

Plug the machine into another outlet on a separate circuit and see if you get the shock

#11 2 years ago

Oke I try that also makes no diff

#12 2 years ago

Reach out to Spooky. They can help you narrow down the problem.

#13 2 years ago

1:24 mark fellas….you got the ACNC+SLE40thCEButter!

Stay Safe

#14 2 years ago

Whahahah damn I must have that special edition one then. I have to play it with gloves @ the moment

#15 2 years ago

SpookyLuke can you help maybe

#16 2 years ago

Use a continuity tester and look for where the ground stops. Start at the plug and work your way back.

#17 2 years ago

Oké Will start from the ground . Keep you updated . Thank you all

#19 2 years ago

Go to your local hardware store and get yourself an outlet ground tester.

Something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Electrical-Receptacle-Outlet-Ground-Tester/dp/B0012DHVQ0

Plug it into the pinball machine's service outlet and see if the setup is correct. You can also check the wall outlet too while you're at it.

#20 2 years ago

Oke found the problem , weird one tho. I check continuity all the way from the ground bread to the wall plug and the signal did not transfer . I found out that the plug (input) is not working correct and broken inside I think already from the factory. I need to replace that one with a new one . Should be solved today

Thank you all !

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Oke found the problem , weird one tho. I check continuity all the way from the ground bread to the wall plug and the signal did not transfer . I found out that the plug (input) is not working correct and broken inside I think already from the factory. I need to replace that one with a new one . Should be solved today
    Thank you all !

Great news you found the problem and it was simple in the end. Today's English lesson is "ground BRAID" not bread - you eat bread!

#22 2 years ago

pins4u always nice to learn something . So can i have some bread with that braid?

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Redwizard000:

If you have a voltmeter set it to AC and measure the rails from one machine to the next. Should be 0 or very close to it. If you get around 60 volts then you may have an open ground. If you get 120V then you may have a hot/neutral swapped on the power cord of one machine, Not safe. Start with the voltmeter and go from there.

Amsterdam is 230V, and I don't know if that is derived from a neutral and hot, or 2 hots out of phase. Regardless, my question would be is the OP touching a machine next to Alice when he feels the tingle? In theory, even if, let's say he were to touch a live wire and he was not grounded he'd feel nothing. We had this problem at an arcade when 60 old and new pins arrived for set up. Around 8 of them had broken ground, or a reversed neutral/hot. The only time we would feel the tingle was when touching the machine next to it measuring 50 volts on a DMM (that was under a no load reading). Otherwise, if you did not touch the adjacent machine it felt normal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-shocking-me-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.