Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

anotherbrickinthewall (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 4 years ago

Open

#2 4 years ago

#3 4 years ago

I have owned the game for three days and i like it I don't find it bricky I actually am trying to find ways to make it harder as I already made it to billion dollar baby.

#4 4 years ago

It’s tight for sure but Houdini is more brick than ACNC.

#6 4 years ago

What a weird thing to say about a game that’s on your wishlist.

#8 4 years ago

dnapac It’s a weird thing to say about a game he rated higher than Twilight Zone and The Walking Dead.

#9 4 years ago

Nothing the OP says carries any weight with me. I’ve read a lot of his posts in the ACNC threads and he keeps going back and forth between praising and damning the game. He needs other people to tell him what he thinks.

#10 4 years ago

Is it not ?

#11 4 years ago

Thanks for proving my point.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Nothing the OP says carries any weight with me. I’ve read a lot of his posts in the ACNC threads and he keeps going back and forth between praising and damning the game. He needs other people to tell him what he thinks.

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Mustang,Kiss and ACNC . And I should care what you think? Buy some real pins!!

#13 4 years ago

Tons of shots brick in this stream!
Like it or not!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s tight for sure but Houdini is more brick than ACNC.

100%

#16 4 years ago

thank you sir, may i have another.

anotherbrickinthewall (resized).jpganotherbrickinthewall (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What a weird thing to say about a game that’s on your wishlist.

Can you have a pin on a wishlist and still be honest about the way it shoots?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Absolutely not. Once it’s added to your wishlist you must praise it unconditionally. I believe it’s pinside rule number 2 right after “Be Nice”. Or does it fall under the “Be Nice” rule?

#19 4 years ago

I'm loving ACNC. It is a little tight but I love the challenge of it. Houdini is a brick; ACNC is not.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Absolutely not. Once it’s added to your wishlist you must praise it unconditionally. I believe it’s pinside rule number 2 right after “Be Nice”. Or does it fall under the “Be Nice” rule?

Art work cab and playfield including backalleys creations work a 10! Music 8.9. LCD animations 8.5. Callouts 8. Shot layout 6.9 or less. The good and bad.

#21 4 years ago

Dare I ask what it would take for Shot Layout to be 7.0 (get that extra 0.1) ? lol

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Dare I ask what it would take for Shot Layout to be 7.0 (get that extra 0.1) ? lol

Round up.. 6.9 to 7. All good @lancestorm

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Guys whom say shit like this on pinside are literally the worst people on here.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

You don't like the games I like, I'm better than you.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sure, you can be honest about it...but if I thought a pin was a brickfest (something most take as not desirable), why would you want it. It’s like wanting a car you think is a clunker...but, it’s your money.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Nick from Buffalo pinball says @: 1:36:40 "Shoots leads to bricks and that's just not fun." If I never play this game again I am ok."

Sounds like a winner.

#27 4 years ago

The END

#28 4 years ago

Have you even played the game yourself? If you are strictly going off what Nick says then why even make the thread?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nick from Buffalo pinball says @: 1:36:40 "Shoots leads to bricks and that's just not fun." If I never play this game again I am ok."
Sounds like a winner.

This is one person’s opinion. Why do you place so much value on his opinion ? Does my opinion matter to you ? You ask for it then basically tell me my opinion is wrong .Do I need to be the star of some YouTube Chanel to make my opinion more valid to you? Or do my opinions just need to be more in line with yours ? You’ve played the game , what about your opinion ? Are you ok with never playing the game again? If so then don’t , who cares ?I really don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish here . Are you trying to get spooky to change the layout so the game shoots more to your liking ? Not going to happen game is done and shipping (code updates will come , but a redesigned layout will not ) . You’ve made your point , you think the game doesn’t shoot well ( shots too tight and too many shots get bricked ) It’s just that you basically keep saying the same shit over and over and over in multiple threads about this game and it is getting kind of annoying. But if you feel the need to continue go right ahead , I will not ignore you .

#30 4 years ago

Did Charlie and Co. run your dog over or something? You’ve got this weird little vendetta against this game. There’s plenty of pinball machines I’ve played and didn’t like, but I wouldn’t feel the need to publically go out of my way MULTIPLE times to tell people just how bad the game sucked IMO. It’s threads like this and attitudes like yours that prove to be a big disservice to this hobby. Reminds me of Franknfurter from the old RGP days.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Did Charlie and Co. run your dog over or something? You’ve got this weird little vendetta against this game. There’s plenty of pinball machines I’ve played and didn’t like, but I wouldn’t feel the need to publically go out of my way MULTIPLE times to tell people just how bad the game sucked IMO. It’s threads like this and attitudes like yours that prove to be a big disservice to this hobby. Reminds me of Franknfurter from the old RGP days.

I've seen him say these things in multiple threads. There's definitely an agenda at play. No reasonable person would launch this type of campaign simply because he's not good enough to make challenging shots.

#32 4 years ago

So you’re saying it’s a nightmare?

#33 4 years ago

ACNC & Houdini are a sharpshooters dream. If you do not enjoy a challenge & are afraid to fail, then I would suggest a Fisher Price equivalent that possibly could be a tad bit easier for you. By the way, did you happen to go to that school that gives everyone a prize or trophy no matter how well you did?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Again, thanks for proving my point! Thankfully Pinside has a way to ignore complete morons. Ta-ta!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I have owned the game for three days and i like it I don't find it bricky I actually am trying to find ways to make it harder as I already made it to billion dollar baby.

You can make room navigation harder in the settings menu (use "Nightmare"), and you can change the extra balls so they award points instead.

Congratulations! I can only imagine how many bricks that took

#36 4 years ago

In the pinball wall?

#37 4 years ago

Some guys try to come on the internet to attempt to recover their alpha natures after years of berating from their wives for being a man-boy, beta. This thread is just a weak attempt at escaping that status. I find all games challenging and entertaining. It's like some of you expect the coindoor to open and a hand come out when you achieve basic goals. Go for the hard stuff and you will like the game. Play like a girl-child and be bored right away.

Going after someone for their collection is SUPER-BETA! Watch some male-empowerment videos on youtube or something.

#38 4 years ago

No need to pile on I guess..

#39 4 years ago

Last time I played this was at MGC, I had a decent ball time going and was laughing out loud because I probably bricked like 20 shots in a row.. luckily was able to recover but it got to the point where it was absurd. The game is still intriguing though and would love to play more and learn the shots better, so i'm not hating on it because of that.. but I just thought it was funny. I don't think I've ever had a ball last that long without hitting pretty much anything.

#40 4 years ago

Sounds like frankmac needs to "Play better!" in the words of the great Steve Ritchie. Yep ACNC has some tight shots, but once you spend some time with it, it definitely starts to flow. I feel the same about Houdini. I love playing that Houdini despite how tight some of the shots are. Nothing like flipping a game with tough shots, getting in a groove with them, and hitting those tight shots consistently. ACNC has some great modes, and after a few games I felt like I was finding shots regularly. One other big plus is that the bricks that inevitably come do happen, they don't go SDTM. You can recover and keep playing.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds like a winner.

I usually find myself agreeing with Nick, I bought TWD premium because of his rave review (like me he hated it n the beginning, till the code become stellar). But I can't agree with him about ACNC. In fact I would trade the TWD for one.

PS: Maybe the game can use a bit of tweaking, just like TWD to make it a little less frustrating for some...?

#42 4 years ago

I really enjoy ACNC and I don't own one. It's no more bricky than many other games. I don't really hold the bros opinion in very high esteem, because the whole "bro" thing itself comes off super douchey...they need a better name. I have a feeling Frank has a vendetta against it since his buddy the distributor he is always talking about doesn't carry it.

#43 4 years ago

I've enjoyed the heck out of ACNC so far. Of the new things this year I like it considerably better than Munsters and better than Oktoberfest. Still haven't run across a BKSOR yet so no comparison there. I've put maybe 30 games on it and it doesn't seem to brick much, though I still haven't really figured out the upper playfield yet.

#44 4 years ago

In terms of shot difficulty, I think it shoots a whole lot like Ghostbusters (Pro). Some shots are tight, but I don't think it's brutal. With that said, it's not like Metallica, where there are mini-switches everywhere. If you miss a shot on Alice Cooper, you miss the shot. If you miss a shot on Metallica, you just hit something else.

Added over 5 years ago:

PS: I still can't believe the OP rated Ghostbusters (Pro) a 9.60 and Alice Cooper a 4.93. I own a Ghostbusters (Pro) and have played Alice Cooper quite a bit and I really feel they play similarly. Both have some tight shots that are great once you get them dialed in.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

In terms of shot difficulty, I think it shoots a whole lot like Ghostbusters (Pro). Some shots are tight, but I don't think it's brutal. With that said, it's not like Metallica, where there are mini-switches everywhere. If you miss a shot on Alice Cooper, you miss the shot. If you miss a shot on Metallica, you just hit something else.

"Everybody gets a trophy".... those mini-switches annoy me because I know it's just lipstick on a brick and I still missed.

#46 4 years ago

I really like ACNC.

After having it for over a month now, the only brick shots that happen are strictly due to my crappy shooting!

These games should be challenging to a certain degree, otherwise you’d complete them the first day you bring it home.

You may want to consider a redemption game. Maybe one that has the pop up heads that you hit with the sponge mallet.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

"Everybody gets a trophy".... those mini-switches annoy me because I know it's just lipstick on a brick and I still missed.

I actually like them. I think they give the programmer lots of options. They wouldn't even need to be programmed as a reward. They could also be used as taunts for a near miss, or something like that. Having said that, I also don't have any issues with a game not having them like ACNC.

#48 4 years ago

I’ve played it.

#1 game on my wishlist at the moment.
If Uncle Sam didn’t bend me over royally this tax season I would have ordered one already.
Friggin love this pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 32.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-nightmare-is-a-brick?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.