(Topic ID: 244549)

Alice Cooper NC or Black Knight SoR Premium?

By javagrind888

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Alice Cooper or BK SoR Premium”

• Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle 61 votes
    61%
  • Black Knight SoR Premium 39 votes
    39%

(100 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 4 years ago

For those who have played both, what's the general preference between these two if you were buying to own? Both have great music, great light shows, cool modes, an upper playfield, brutal gameplay, and a similar price point.

If you were to choose a favorite to own, which one would it be?

#2 4 years ago

Same question. Waiting for answers!

#3 4 years ago

OK, I own ACNC so perhaps biased and only put in a half dozen games on BK SoR.

These games feel completely different to play; if you had enough dough and space wasn't a concern, maybe both? The shots are way different. In ACNC, ball times are longer, sure the shots are tough but there is a fair bit of ball save. You're making shots to work through the castle and battle monsters. IMO the battles are a bit more varied in ACNC as far as what you need to accomplish. The shots are tight. Upper PF is tough and has more going on than the one on BK SoR.

SoR is in your face. You feel like you're stepping up and facing the BK. The shots are cleaner and faster and you can be wiped out in a flash. Upper PF quite basic, in comparison. Blasphemous, I know...but if I was considering owning I would prefer the pro on this one.

BK SoR is a good looking game for sure, but ACNC is the Prom Queen for looks -- nothing on BK SoR compares to that molded castle!

If you can only have one, I vote ACNC.

#4 4 years ago

Alice Cooper is phenomenal...tight to shoot but so many shots, and stunning artwork throughout. BKSOR is fun, but I would expect it would get old to me somewhat fast.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

OK, I own ACNC so perhaps biased and only put in a half dozen games on BK SoR.
These games feel completely different to play; if you had enough dough and space wasn't a concern, maybe both? The shots are way different. In ACNC, ball times are longer, sure the shots are tough but there is a fair bit of ball save. You're making shots to work through the castle and battle monsters. IMO the battles are a bit more varied in ACNC as far as what you need to accomplish. The shots are tight. Upper PF is tough and has more going on than the one on BK SoR.
SoR is in your face. You feel like you're stepping up and facing the BK. The shots are cleaner and faster and you can be wiped out in a flash. Upper PF quite basic, in comparison. Blasphemous, I know...but if I was considering owning I would prefer the pro on this one.
BK SoR is a good looking game for sure, but ACNC is the Prom Queen for looks -- nothing on BK SoR compares to that molded castle!
If you can only have one, I vote ACNC.

Similar situation for me, ditto these comments. I've played ~20 games on BKSoR at the local arcade and don't have a real urge to play more. Not saying it sucks by any means but there are many other games at that location I'd rather play. ACNC is in my basement and I haven't turned on another game in the couple weeks its been there.

#6 4 years ago

We own multiples of both games. Both are cool and ACNC is stunning to look at. I am sure the code will develop into something even more extravagant however Black Knight has flow to it that I don't think ACNC will ever. If Tim does a good job with the code this game will surpass Alice I would say. As far as at the coin box, it is a landslide in favor of Black Knight so our player base in both Pittsburgh and Morgantown prefer BK as well. Either way I am happy with both purchases.

Art- ACNC
Game play- BK
Sound - BK
Rules - TBD
Display - BK

#7 4 years ago

I own BKSOR pro and Alice Cooper i vote Black Knight I would recommend pro as I was not a fan of the upper PF because made the game play easier but I still vote premium BKSOR over ACNC.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks guys, I think I'll go for Alice. It does seem to have everything even if the shots are a bit tight.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Thanks guys, I think I'll go for Alice. It does seem to have everything even if the shots are a bit tight.

Wait till you see the new code update. AND THANK YOU!

All we have to do to match what Steve Ritchie has done is make like 50 more really good games.

#10 4 years ago

JJP POTC! Skip the other 2!

If that is not an option go BLack Knight!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All we have to do to match what Steve Ritchie has done is make like 50 more really good games.

I sincerely hope you guys will be around to make 50 more really good games.

#12 4 years ago

I don't see a poll option for "[x] Other"

#13 4 years ago

For those who have played both, what's the general preference between these two if you were buying to own? Both have great music, great light shows, cool modes, an upper playfield, brutal gameplay, and a similar price point.
If you were to choose a favorite to own, which one would it be?

Based on a few plays on each at GS a few weeks ago, Alice Cooper. I was really surprised how much I liked it. Great use of the screen, great music, good shots. The callouts kind of suck, but they're Alice, so what're you gonna do?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I sincerely hope you guys will be around to make 50 more really good games.

Well... at a speed of 1 game every 1 year to 18 months, that puts me at ... 100 to 125 years old. Maybe Bug and Scott Danesi will see that happen!

That would also put Steve Ritchie at about 150... and Bryan Kelly at 198.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

JJP POTC! Skip the other 2!
If that is not an option go BLack Knight!

Already have POTC

#16 4 years ago

I own both and I'd say ACNC.

#17 4 years ago

During the NW Pinball show there were eight (?) BK games, one AC. There was always 1-3 deep players on BK, always 3+ deep on AC.

Before it got all noisy (the night of the 30th) I got to play quite a bit of AC, and the music and sounds were killer. Graphics also. Matched the same art/design of the BG and cabinet.

I did come there with the intention of playing AC and a few other newer titles among other things, and I heard some bad press from some of my buddies about BK... I wouldn't refuse either, and since I have a smaller chance of obtaining an AC (money, only 500 made etc.) I'll probably get a BK at some point in the future, but if I had to choose now, AC would be my go-to.

I've never been an AC fan (music), but the guy is quite the showman, impressed he's stayed in the music business as long as he has.

I'd even go so far to say as I liked AC over Octoberfest, Houdini, remake Monster Bash, remake Attack from Mars, JJ Pirates, Beatles.

I did have a hell of a good time playing BK and Iron Maiden and Deadpool, also. It would be tough to choose between those and ACNC. Munsters was fun but not for me.

#18 4 years ago

Not a frequent poster, but pb456 - AFM is so much fun! Pains me that you think it is less fun than ACNC. btw, i own both. also, i think Beatles is super fun and i have only played it about 20 times. Tangent - the most recent game that i think is awesome is GOTG LE since my most recent fav of GoT LE (current King of Pins).
Back to topic - I cannot decide whether i like BK pro better than BK LE. Upper PF didn't do a lot for me, but was still ok. Hmmmm.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Not a frequent poster, but pb456 - AFM is so much fun! Pains me that you think it is less fun than ACNC. btw, i own both. also, i think Beatles is super fun and i have only played it about 20 times. Tangent - the most recent game that i think is awesome is GOTG LE since my most recent fav of GoT LE (current King of Pins).
Back to topic - I cannot decide whether i like BK pro better than BK LE. Upper PF didn't do a lot for me, but was still ok. Hmmmm.

I guess maybe I played a bunch of AFM already (original and remake) and I was more impressed with AC especially with the sounds and how they set the mood and the music?

#20 4 years ago

Fantastic! Win win!

#21 4 years ago

Well... at a speed of 1 game every 1 year to 18 months, that puts me at ... 100 to 125 years old. Maybe Bug and Scott Danesi will see that happen!

You rock!! SpookyCharlie

#22 4 years ago

Interesting comparison.

I think BK has a much smoother layout and is more polished overall. It's a pure scoring pin and it's a rush to play. Kind of like Iron Man. Totally my style. Insta-bought a Pro.

ACNC is more unique, deeper, a little clunky, very pretty. Best Spooky pin so far. I like it as well and may own one someday.

#23 4 years ago

Well...you better get going Charlie!!

#24 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what else you do with it. After a hard no on AMH and Rob Zombie (that PLAYFIELD!), I was very surprised how much I liked ACNC. Definitely have my eye on it now, and looking forward to the next Spooky reveal. You've improved with each title, which has planted you on my purchase radar.

#25 4 years ago

disagree that acnc is best spooky pin. that crown goes to the first - AMH. still a little buggy, but a great shooter, funny as hell and challenging. it gets the crown for being a better shooter. it is almost Steve Ritchie in its flow. well maybe a little less flow, but still a great shooter. acnc is WAY tighter making it less flowy. do you spell flowy like this or flowey?! Made up word i guess....

#26 4 years ago

We have an AMH at the local arcade and it's always breaking. Great concept, but the constant problems plus the laser cut mdf make it a no for me. It's fun when it works though.

#27 4 years ago

BK:SOR and ACNC are my most recent acquisitions. BK might end up being the next one out (we’ll see) but ACNC is a keeper and getting bolted to the floor.

#28 4 years ago

I heard that, ASSHOLE!

#29 4 years ago

Black Knight for the win. I had an ACNC and totally hated it. I wanted to really make it work in my small collection but just could not get into it. I had the same problem with America Most Haunted. I really want a Spooky game in my collection but have not found one that I like to play. Maybe their next title will work out for me.

#30 4 years ago

Thanks guys. The poll really helped me on my decision and I bought Alice from my buddy. I toyed with getting a new one so I could customize it but decided on his. Thanks all!

#31 4 years ago

Thanks guys. The poll really helped me on my decision and I bought Alice from my buddy. I toyed with getting a new one so I could customize it but decided on his. Thanks all!

Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-nc-or-black-knight-sor-premium?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.