Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Medisinyl
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Alice Crypt Install 1 (resized).png
Alice Crypt Install 2 (resized).png
Alice Crypt Install 3 (resized).png
1439df1c0549ea58cfbfd0a8f2d32a6d88f77885 (resized).jpg
cryptss (resized).jpg
0a606a244eb3d672905aad0086dd5794aa25821c (resized).jpg
20190710_191420 (resized).jpg
wrenchh (resized).jpg
20190709_155755 (resized).jpg
rainbowC (resized).jpg
20190701_023114 (resized).jpg
20190701_023045 (resized).jpg
20190701_022536 (resized).jpg
20190701_022508 (resized).jpg
20190701_022423 (resized).jpg
20190701_022441 (resized).jpg

#1 54 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02520-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-arch-and-tower-mods-acnc-

Just opened up orders on these first couple mods (sold some early and those checked out for fitment in other games). Currently working on several other mods for another game, but I have a few other plans for ACNC to tackle soon after.

The arch was designed to be an aesthetic way to solve my issue of the ball hopping off the rail at that point (was getting SDTM drains off it with anything above ~5.9* pitch). Has been 100% effective in fixing that issue, and I dig what it looks like. To match the game, the arch receives several smoothing stages before paint (took about 30 paint mix attempts to finally get a match :p)

Tower brings some "life" to the Vampire insert Also some slight 3D pop to the creature's hand for anyone that chooses to look so closely (claw wraps onto the tower).

Hope these can bring some additional enjoyment and function to your game
20190508_002459 (resized).jpg20190508_002522 (resized).jpg20190514_214355 (resized).jpgezgif.com-resize.giftower1 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2 15 days ago

I'll soon be releasing a Secret Passage sign and lighted crypt mod.

Prototype crypt pictured with lighting just placed for testing (production gate will be a bit different [currently too fragile at the top], and light strip will be completely concealed from view).

Crypt is partially based on the crypt as seen in the LCD graphics (and painted in a similar fashion).
20190628_192204 (resized).jpg20190628_192227 (resized).jpg20190701_022341 (resized).jpg20190701_022355 (resized).jpg20190701_022403 (resized).jpg20190701_022423 (resized).jpg20190701_022441 (resized).jpg20190701_022508 (resized).jpg20190701_022536 (resized).jpg20190701_023045 (resized).jpg20190701_023114 (resized).jpg

rainbowC (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3 7 days ago

Been busy building signs and crypts (as well as working on the next couple of ACNC mods after these) . Hoping to have the sign and crypt listed by tomorrow night. Should be testing and taking photos/videos of the RGB interactivity tonight (static colors and no lighting will also be options, and likely an unpainted option for those that want to save money by doing it themselves).

Just finished the final version of the wrench that will help install the crypt.

The end holds the nut and has a hole underneath for the excess bolt length to fit into. The hole near my fingers (in the photo) slips over the bolt there to line up the nut when reinstalling--bit tedious without it.
20190709_155755 (resized).jpg

wrenchh (resized).jpg
#4 6 days ago

Just a short clip that shows the color change for a couple modes with RGB connected.

The RGB version either gets added to the factory IDC connector, or for those that have the speaker kit, connectors will also be included to easily connect to those if desired (4 connectors included with each RGB model just in case). RGB model will also come with instructions to get the static color of your choice if you want a static color instead and are undecided. Static colors will be easier to install.

#5 6 days ago

medisinyl Nice job on fabricating a tool for install!

#6 6 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

medisinyl Nice job on fabricating a tool for install!

Thank you! I didn't realize until I installed my prototype that there was a nut under there. Took a fair bit of fiddling to line up the nut in such a tight/blind spot and couldn't have customers doing that. With the custom tool, it took about 10 seconds to get the bolt started

Otherwise, I've just opened the initial sales page and will update with more information, photos, and instructions as soon as I can.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02702-alice-cooper-secret-passage-sign-and-crypt-mods-acnc-

Also, here's a photo of the production sign (bit brighter paint on the wood for better contrast in the pinball lighting).

20190710_191420 (resized).jpg
#7 6 days ago

Looking good, as always!

#8 5 days ago

Awesome !!! great looking mods just placed order thanks once again medisinyl.

#9 5 days ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Awesome !!! great looking mods just placed order thanks once again medisinyl.

Your continued business is very appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone that has ordered thus far. While Spooky knocked it out of the park with cramming stuff into this game, I hope my mods add to the fun, immersion, and aesthetic.

This game has been a hit with all of my friends and guests, so the motivation is there to keep improving it as the ideas come along. Undoubtedly a keeper machine for me with BSD.

More to be revealed here when they're ready

#10 4 days ago

I have ordered all four of your mods so far. I like tasteful mods and these fit my standards. However, if you keep coming up with new mods to purchase, I may have to ask for a quantity discount lol

#11 4 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have ordered all four of your mods so far. I like tasteful mods and these fit my standards. However, if you keep coming up with new mods to purchase, I may have to ask for a quantity discount lol

It's not unusual for me to offer such discounts, particularly to previous and regular customers. Just takes a PM to see what I can do

I do try to put quantity discounts in my listings, such as the $5 off bundle, and shipping automatically combines for all of my listings, but sometimes I can do a bit better.

While pin mods can be pricey for what often amounts to plastic and lights, there is a lot of time put into them (and expense in some cases). I'd do them for free if I could, and I appreciate everyone that helps make it possible for me to continue to create these.

Thank you for the positive feedback

#12 4 days ago

Does anyone want to make a brick themed panel to place over the factory one? The speaker/monitor panel? I think it would look nice

#13 4 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Does anyone want to make a brick themed panel to place over the factory one? The speaker/monitor panel? I think it would look nice

At one point I had debated hand sculpting exactly that for a silicone mold (expensive and time consuming [last silicone/resin project cost me about $600 before opening orders--PoA rails]). Ultimately I decided to go with a Frankenstein's Lab appearance, but have yet to finish it (wanted to make a screen bezel), and I'm not sure if it's practical for me to produce for others or not.

0a606a244eb3d672905aad0086dd5794aa25821c (resized).jpg
#14 4 days ago

Currently building more parts for an arch/tower run (sold out what I had on hand soon after releasing the new mods). Also have more RGB crypt parts on the way (wasn't expecting 100% of the interest to be RGB), but I have enough to get a chunk shipped early next week (Signs and Crypts for these have already been built and painted).

Thanks yet again to all those that have ordered thus far.

Will try to have instructions completed and posted by Sunday night.

#15 1 day ago

A BIG Thanks medisinyl received my order today SUPA FAST SHIPPING and awesome mods thankyou.

#16 1 day ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I think a speaker panel that incorporates that purple color would look really good. A decal might work well.

Also, maybe something interesting behind Frank? That corner is a bit sparse.

#17 1 day ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

A BIG Thanks medisinyl received my order today SUPA FAST SHIPPING and awesome mods thankyou.

Glad they arrived safely and meet your expectations First shipment for the new mods will go out soon.

Got behind a bit with house guests that came later than expected after the hurricane delay, but all the crypts for this first batch have been completed and tested for RGB function.

The 4 red clips shown will come with each RGB crypt.

cryptss (resized).jpg
#18 9 hours ago

My machine won't be ready until closer to December and waiting to see what more you may offer to just buy in one package. Love what I see soo far. Quick question, do you have a picture angle of the playfield view from a players stance (one you have is kind of off to the left from POV).

I love the crypt idea as I think it adds proper story guidance on that section, my only concern is if people are under 5'9-6 foot, does it block too much of the view of the Guillotine shot or Vamp Staking shot.

I'm getting this to play with my kids as my daughter's favorite game and just wanted to make sure the Blue Crypt did not block her or my view too much. Again sure you thought this through but would love a shot of what it looks like directly in front of the machine from a players angle.

#19 9 hours ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

and I'm not sure if it's practical for me to produce for others or not.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE, say you'll be able to offer a few of these. I plan on picking up the whole suite of mods when my machine ships, but this one is my favorite!

#20 8 hours ago
Quoted from Nostaw:

My machine won't be ready until closer to December and waiting to see what more you may offer to just buy in one package. Love what I see soo far. Quick question, do you have a picture angle of the playfield view from a players stance (one you have is kind of off to the left from POV).
I love the crypt idea as I think it adds proper story guidance on that section, my only concern is if people are under 5'9-6 foot, does it block too much of the view of the Guillotine shot or Vamp Staking shot.
I'm getting this to play with my kids as my daughter's favorite game and just wanted to make sure the Blue Crypt did not block her or my view too much. Again sure you thought this through but would love a shot of what it looks like directly in front of the machine from a players angle.

Seems I only posted this photo in the Alice thread, but this shows the view I see and I'm 5' 9". Photo is of the prototype that was too glossy and has a different gate. Production version blends well with the rest of the game.

Even if I drop my head to the point where the flasher behind is completely obscured, the upper flipper is completely in view, as well as the vampire shot, guillotine, and the guillotine function (vampire visibility is wide open, and even for the shortest person that can see the glass, it's easy enough to see around the crypt to view the guillotine). I kept off-axis viewing in mind for average adult height, so the guillotine and such is visible to adult guests from any angle, but shorter guests to the left may not see the guillotine as well).

Otherwise, I agree the crypt helps add to the game atmosphere (loosely based on the crypt as it's seen on the LCD screen), and it's a lot more satisfying to see the ball appear as though it enters the crypt rather than fall into a hole on from an unmarked, black surface.

Quoted from xeneize:

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE, say you'll be able to offer a few of these. I plan on picking up the whole suite of mods when my machine ships, but this one is my favorite!

We shall see. I may decide to hand make a few.
1439df1c0549ea58cfbfd0a8f2d32a6d88f77885 (resized).jpg

#21 4 hours ago

This is the first iteration of the Crypt Instructions. About to ship a few of these out now (missing the pick-up cut-off, but will send tracking to those that get dropped off today).

Let me know if anything needs better clarification. I have a lot more photos on hand from when I installed mine.

Alice Crypt Install 1 (resized).pngAlice Crypt Install 2 (resized).pngAlice Crypt Install 3 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lancaster, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside