Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Nick36
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle is an an amazing title produced by an incredible group of people!

After some discussion in the club thread, it seemed prudent to create a dedicated place for ACNC owners to provide feedback regarding code bugs and requests for enhancements.

The purpose of this thread is to provide constructive feedback in an organized and respectful manner. An attempt was made to collect any posts regarding bugs identified since the last code update and acknowledge the original poster.

#2 4 years ago

possible BUG:

bemmett - when I got Pit creature it lights the 3 shots initially to find him, the crypt, the scoop and mystery I think. I hit all 3 shots multiple times and it never said he was found?! Every time it would just say he not there. Eventually drained the ball and mode was over but it never found him. I have no idea if some weird glitch or a possible bug

BUG:

ghostbc - I am also a location and can not get bonus credit feature to work. I am trying to make it 3 plays for $2.
Any help would be appreciated.

BUG:

aeneas - A bug I just had on the latest software: on ball 4 and 5 the skillshot screen wouldn't go away. I made several shots, even locked a ball in the crypt, but skilkshot screen was shown all the time.

BUG:

PunkPin - One repeatable bug I noticed with Ethel and it may have already been addressed. When you have hit an orbit to a room and have Ethel locked in. If you start a crypt multi ball it will change monsters. Does not matter if you lock the crypt ball before or after room travel. Also with a ball in the left Frank lock the upper drop target used to drop when you shot the upper playfield from the left ramp. This no longer happens so alot of the shots hit the back of the target an go to the subway or left flipper return.

BUGS:

KingHebes - 1) Had another weird bug today during league. 4 player game. Player 1 ball 1 noticed the left orbit was not lit for skill shot. Left orbit lights appeared to be out the whole game. The monster mode select lights also were not working. I went into werewolf and it was just super weird. The save lights weren't working properly either. I started a crypt multi ball and drained 1 of the 2 balls right away. The mode ended even though ball save was still flashing for a few seconds after. Power cycling seemed to fix the lighting issues.

2) Also noticed i can't see the grand champ score on mine. Running latest public release. I tried cycling with the flippers it only shows high scores 1-4. Also once i cycled around to my last games score display i was unable to change screens with the flipper buttons anymore.

BUG:

scottieIA - tested the shaker in the menu and it don't work, nor does any of the coils. But it plays fine

BUG:

superhawk2300 - Select Ethyl. Hit an orbit to lock her in. The next steps I cannot remember the order - either hit the crypt multi-ball then the secret passage to start the monster mode or the other way around, but do them in very quick succession and Cold Ethyl does not start - Igor does. Did it 3 times now.

BUG:

zacaj - There is a bug about it losing track of locks after releasing them in ball search, as I've reported previously, but releasing the locks to free a stuck ball that potentially is in a lock is the right thing to do.

BUGS:

Coyote - 1) I think it takes a few more hits of the Vampire target after the first monster multiball. Several times I have seen a big yellow target on the display and a number of hits to go, it seems to reset the count if you drop from the upper playfield. I don't think it resets the WHOLE count, but it DOES reset the drop target - so if you have one hit left, hit the upper drop target it will then stay down. BUT, if the ball then leaves the upper playfield, it will reset the drop target, requiring you to knock it down again. (This is, IMHO, a bug. The drop target should just stay down.)

2) Werewolf: When the center targets are lit (to fire your gun at the werewolf), something will cause the other shots to become re-active. It will play the bad shot, and say you took damage, but won't actually reduce your health bar. I have noticed this in 1.1.0.0 as well.

3) After your Frankenstein Monster multiball is over, the "Lab Lock 1" like will flash blue, but the Lock Diverter will not open. The lock diverter will not open until: A. You drain and start a new ball, OR, B. Shoot up to the Mini-PF, and then drain OFF of the Mini-PF.

BUG:

Dunfielder - Orbit skill shots light your saves centre and outline. Ramp and crypt lock skill shots light saves and the secret passage. Here’s the kicker though, in 1.0.7.0 the secret passage does not light up right away. It is lit but not lit, if you shoot it you will go right to the monster, a code bug. As soon as you lock in a monster with an orbit after your skill shot it will actually light. I have also noticed many times the first right orbit shot after a failed skill shot will not advance you. I assume this is also a code bug.

BUG:

poibug - noticed in utilities that the date was wrong as it was showing 2021,and it was a day early. So I set it to correct date, it said it was saving new date then rebooted. But it was still showing the original 2021 date after rebooting. Tried it a couple of times

#3 4 years ago

ENHANCEMENTS:

Calfdemon - when you get monster ball lock 1 and it goes in the washer machine, there is a moment of silence each time and it just kind of kills the atmosphere. I wish there was some extra sound effect in there like a loud metal locking door or something to fill in that silent break. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but no where else in the gameplay is there a sound break like that...

xeneize - 1) in addition to echoing the request from calfdemon - many callouts seem to be cut off prematurely or clipped - particularly at end of game. 2) The screen tearing during animations seems to be excessive and has gotten worse since the last update.

#4 4 years ago

The bug mentioned above by me about balls getting lost in the trough, turned out to be caused by magnetized balls. They stick to each other in trough rather than sit down on trough switches properly. I had ordered these balls from Pinball life at least a year ago and it turned out to be a bad batch of balls at that time. All other balls from them were fine.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

2) Please fix the bug that was in 1.0.7.4 where is your coin value was 2x or larger the coins per credit value, the player would only get 1 credit instead of 2, please.

This WAS fixed in v1.1.0.0

#6 4 years ago

Coyote and Mr_Outlane - edited post #2 based on your updates - thanks for your feedback and helping keep the list "clean"!

#7 4 years ago

Great idea! Thanks for starting this list.

#8 4 years ago

Didn't see these listed, so adding them. FawzmaGames said he knew about these, but for record's sake:

1. Service Credit button does not award a credit.
2. In Coil Test Mode, no coils fire.
3. In test mode, the Up/Down buttons don't work. Need to use the Flipper buttons to navigate.

#9 4 years ago

Suggestions:
1. crypt should be lit green when it's ready to lock a ball (vs letting it fall through)
2. During Pit Creature phase 2, hiding should not score points, only increase final award value
3. Option for ball save on releasing ethyl ball for multiball, mine almost always drains down the middle. Have yet to ever finish the mode
4. Make settings 'wrap' when you get to the end of the options, not have to scroll all the way back
5. Show bonus total
6. Option to change outlane save time
7. Don't ever reuse a callout during a mode
8. Too much thunder during Alice mode, can't hear the music a lot
9. Display hurry up value when collected, before showing mode total
10. Option to make mode end when song ends, both to add tension and also give players an out if they're stuck in a mode they can't complete for whatever reason (seen a few people get stuck in vampire and are completely unable to hit the target for whatever reason, and it's really annoying)
11. Option to enable staging the upper flipper
12. Left upper lane should flash green during pit creature since it hides the ball
13. Mode high scores should ignore the current 'monsters completed' multiplier
14. Randomize the layout of the castle each game so I stop always hearing the same callouts

Bugs (sent many of these to Spooky months ago, but got no response; a few of these may have been fixed in 1.1, but I haven't noticed):
1. 'Music offset' does nothing
2. Ball search doesn't move guillotine?
3. Balls falling back down secret passage after mode start can sometimes count as a secret passage shot (noticed mainly in Igor)
4. Shooting 3 bank during skill shot does not award secret passage progress
5. During werewolf, shots that are red are off while three bank is lit, but still damage the player if hit
6. Scoop eject ball save is sometimes too short. Would appreciate an adjustment for length, or make it work as long as no switches were hit after eject?
7. Scoop eject ball save does not work in multiball. May be intentional, but would like an option at least, like in KISS,Star Wars,etc
8. Frank lock 2 light flashes even when diverter is not in position (after entering upper playfield via left ramp before drop has raised)
9. Draining down lit outlane during mode ball save consumes the outlane save sometimes
10. Scoop time/speed setting does nothing
11. Sometimes I go in the scoop when it's definitely not lit, and then get a mystery award. Sometimes I go in when it's lit and don't get an award
12. Draining out outlane with skillshot still going does not light the outlane
13. Center scoop seems to sometimes light mystery even when it's not lit, and not while it is lit
14. Starting a mode during crypt multiball didn't relight the ball save
15. Both habitrails can air ball directly into the lower part of the outlane. The right one has a ball save if it hits the right outlane switch, but the ball save does not catch if the ball misses the outlane switch and goes straight to the trough.
16. Hitting back wall target after entering upper playfield via left ramp raises the drop (since a switch was hit), but does not lower the drop (like the back wall target would otherwise do when hit)
17. Shooting upper left ramp while diverter is not in position counts as a lower left ramp shot
18. Inlanes are failing the skillshot in 1.1.0.0, they didn't in 1.0.7.0
19. A few times I've had the magnet save activate while the ball save was still active

#10 4 years ago

Guillotine shot is not registering during modes or Crypt multiball.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Guillotine shot is not registering during modes or Crypt multiball.

I think that's intentional.

Speaking of though, it would be cool if it had more awards than just an EB at 10 chops. Maybe some set sequence, like "light mystery @ 2, light secret passage @ 5, light eb @ 10"

Also, I've seen a few people request a setting for how many chops are needed for EB, as 10 seemed high

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think that's intentional.
Speaking of though, it would be cool if it had more awards than just an EB at 10 chops. Maybe some set sequence, like "light mystery @ 2, light secret passage @ 5, light eb @ 10"
Also, I've seen a few people request a setting for how many chops are needed for EB, as 10 seemed high

I hope not. 10 is fine for EB when you get credit for the shots during the game. Hopefully they will at least add this as an option because the game isn't as fun when you are just trying to get chops when there is 1 ball in play and nothing else going on. It pretty much makes letting the ball drop off the flipper to the crypt as the only viable option when you are in multi ball play or in a mode (which is most of the time in my experience). I don't even go for that shot anymore unless it is for Frank SuperJack or Alice mode. Why would they take away one of the main shots/toys in the game?

1 week later
#13 4 years ago

ENHANCEMENT

In addition to the glaring silence during Frank ball lock on the left, we really need some kind of sound effect for achieving the bonus multiplier. Normally, hitting that "third X" is a big deal, but in ACNC you can totally miss the fact that you've even hit it.

TheNoTrashCougar , please work some of your magic!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

4. Shooting 3 bank during skill shot does not award secret passage progress
7. Scoop eject ball save does not work in multiball. May be intentional, but would like an option at least, like in KISS,Star Wars,etc
12. Draining out outlane with skillshot still going does not light the outlane
14. Starting a mode during crypt multiball didn't relight the ball save
18. Inlanes are failing the skillshot in 1.1.0.0, they didn't in 1.0.7.0
19. A few times I've had the magnet save activate while the ball save was still active

Personally, I don't see these as bugs - these could simply be how they're supposed to be - but since we don't know what is expected and what ISN'T, we jutst don't know.

Quoted from zacaj:

5. During werewolf, shots that are red are off while three bank is lit, but still damage the player if hit

In 1.0.7.4 and 1.1.0.0, it would play the animation, but NOT damage the player.

Quoted from zacaj:

17. Shooting upper left ramp while diverter is not in position counts as a lower left ramp shot

I have never seen this happen (in 1.0.7.4 or 1.1.0.0), and can not reproduce (in 1.1.0.0).. You may have an overly-sensitive switch?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Normally, hitting that "third X" is a big deal, but in ACNC you can totally miss the fact that you've even hit it.

thenotrashcougar , please work some of your magic!

"Third X"? The third shot only gives you 6x bonus. (2x and 4x lit.) Why not.. you know, wen you hit 8x? (And I've never gotten higher than 6x - I'm not sure if it goes up to 10x, and so on..)

#16 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been listed yet if you complete Billion Dollar Baby on ball one or two you will have to plunge the next few balls instead of just going to game over.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In 1.0.7.4 and 1.1.0.0, it would play the animation, but NOT damage the player.

Ooh, interesting. I never actually watched the damage meter, just saw the animation

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Not sure if this has been listed yet if you complete Billion Dollar Baby on ball one or two you will have to plunge the next few balls instead of just going to game over.

Holy hell, your game is set up far too easily!!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Holy hell, your game is set up far too easily!!

Play Better!!

#20 4 years ago

Touché.

#21 4 years ago

Anyone else thinks the multipliers are "meh"? The highest I got was the 4x and the few things that get counted toward the multiplier just don't dent the score much, especially when you've fought a few monsters. Most pins it seems its worth purposely hitting the multiplier because it can allow you to catch up to other players when you've had a rough game. In ACNC its just not enough bonus items to make it worth going out of your way to do IMO.

I mean, you are already fighting as many monsters as you can as the main point of the game and if you are defeating them (one of the bonus items) you are already doing as good as you can.

And if you are already fighting monsters, which you do as the main point of the game, you are already traveling rooms (one of the bonus items) so you are already going as good as you can there as well.

That leave chops as the only real purposeful "bonus" increase. As discussed a lot of people think 10 chops is too much for a free ball, so to get 300k per chop as a bonus, and then even have that double or quad doesn't even dent the score when you are talking about getting 100 million for a decent game.

Point is, the way the scoring is setup the bonus multiplayer is pretty pointless IMO, and it needs to have the ability to put in a decent amount of scoring for the effort it takes / frequency it happens.

Or perhaps the whole game needs scoring balancing - which I think is probably more likely.

#22 4 years ago

Bonus could be like, 2-3x its current value, without being that overpowering

#23 4 years ago

Tweak:

So there is a short ball save activated when the ball exits the lower left scoop, I assume to make sure that if it hits the drain perfectly and you don't get a chance to hit it you're not screwed out of a ball.

Sometimes the ball makes it past the flippers but misses the drain and slowly crawls up the outlane a bit then slowly rolls back to the drain (or gets hung up on that metal thing in the outlane) and it takes longer to drain than the ball save is programmed for.

Any chance to increase this a few seconds or make it adjustable?

Honestly I am for making all these kind of things adjustable in the menu, fwiw

#24 4 years ago

Would like each of the rooms to have a mini game where you shoot shot "X" and something happens. Like in the kitchen you can over feed a person until they explode! Or something like that.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Would like each of the rooms to have a mini game where you shoot shot "X" and something happens. Like in the kitchen you can over feed a person until they explode! Or something like that.

I agree. Also I feel there needs to be more Alice exchanges where he speaks of your progress and maybe tempts you to go one way instead of another as he gives you tips or misleads you into traps that start mini modes.

#26 4 years ago

I turned off the match game sequence. Now every Alice quote gets cut off at games end.

#27 4 years ago

*BUG

If you launch a ball *as soon* as it enters the trough (or maybe its if you are pushing the launch button before the ball enters because you are impatient) ball save is not active for that ball.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

*BUG
If you launch a ball *as soon* as it enters the trough (or maybe its if you are pushing the launch button before the ball enters because you are impatient) ball save is not active for that ball.

This is correct. In fact, at ant time DURING your ball, you can hit the launch button, and activate the ball save. (And have Alie call out his 'welcome to the game' callouts.)

This may also be the source for the "stuck in ball save" issue, which I was able to cause once doing this.

1 month later
#29 3 years ago

Looks like I encountered the same bug as aeneas in that I got an extra ball on ball 2 - balls 3 and 4 would not exit the skillshot screen for me no matter what I did. All monster progress appeared lost(lights were no longer lit on playfield). Machine would go into crypt multiball but nothing else. I believe I had played Frank, Ethyl, and Pit Creature at that point.

3 months later
#30 3 years ago

During PIT CREATURE, The Shot in the Crypt is not credited : I couldn't find the creature when she's in :C

3 weeks later
#31 3 years ago

It would really be nice to see incremental code progress made on this game. As a TNA owner maybe I have become spoiled by the amount of polish that game has gotten from TheNoTrashCougar - it is practically perfect.

This title seems like it got sold out and abandoned just as the R&M hype train left the station. In addition to the documented bugs here and in the main thread, there are so many times that the game just feels "unfinished". I know it's different developers, but that game (R&M) seems to be updated constantly.

In addition to the bugs, little (simple) things are missing like no call out when "CoOp" mode is selected. The long dead air when Frank ball 1 is locked. No call out or effect for an X multiplier hit/achievement, the LCD screen still tears quite a bit. I could go on...

Most of us here are patient (many waited a year + for their game) and I think it is safe to say that we would just like to have some communication confirming that ACNC owners haven't been forgotten.

A suggestion - we don't need more Alice call outs, why not add more using the Ethyl voice talent - or even add some random screams/laughs when a target is hit (instead of nothing)? This game has so much potential - please FawzmaGames take it all the way to the finish line! GRACIAS!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

It would really be nice to see incremental code progress made on this game. As a TNA owner maybe I have become spoiled by the amount of polish that game has gotten from thenotrashcougar - it is practically perfect.
This title seems like it got sold out and abandoned just as the R&M hype train left the station. In addition to the documented bugs here and in the main thread, there are so many times that the game just feels "unfinished". I know it's different developers, but that game (R&M) seems to be updated constantly.
In addition to the bugs, little (simple) things are missing like no call out when "CoOp" mode is selected. The long dead air when Frank ball 1 is locked. No call out or effect for an X multiplier hit/achievement, the LCD screen still tears quite a bit. I could go on...
Most of us here are patient (many waited a year + for their game) and I think it is safe to say that we would just like to have some communication confirming that ACNC owners haven't been forgotten.
A suggestion - we don't need more Alice call outs, why not add more using the Ethyl voice talent - or even add some random screams/laughs when a target is hit (instead of nothing)? This game has so much potential - please fawzmagames take it all the way to the finish line! GRACIAS!

Quoted from Coyote:

They just released a small update a few weeks ago.

While granted, it WAS small, it IS progress.

#33 3 years ago

Great point of reference below. Thanks GuiitarMan for documenting!

Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Main ones I've seen so far after the most recent update...Feel free to add more...

BUGS
*Wrong text on 1st Mystery Award (Should be 'Advance to Monster', but instead reads 'Advance 2 rooms'.
*Hitting Crypt MB while on Ethyl changes mode to Igor (losing your weapon)
*Skillshot screen staying locked (no matter what you hit or how many balls you drain, the skill shot will not reset which effectively stops any mode progress). You can only play Frank MB at this point and have to start a new game to fix it.
*Mystery award is sometimes triggered by the crypt hole or dropping it into the subway from the upper playfield (left bonus X rollover).
*Game occasionally forgets there is a ball in the Frank Lock 1, causing ball searches once you drain until Frank releases the ball during ball search #4.
*Voice getting cutoff during end of game sequence.

NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS
*When a weapon is available to collect, the 'Alice in the tower' insert should change to a different LED color. If you have Frank MB lit, you can't tell there is anything different since both flash white. Maybe just change the color to red when a weapon is available to collect and alternate red/white flashes when both Frank 2 is ready and there is a weapon available at the same time.
*Spinner needs a counter on screen with something tied to it (Spinner MB for getting 100 spins or something). Currently, it feels like the spinner is pointless.
*Need to bring back Easy and Hard modes in addition to the current progressive difficulty. I want to explore the castle, not fast track the 1st half. This just makes the game feel more linear (I always go for Ethyl, Zombie, Igor first since those weapons can't be missed like starting Alice Cooper, Insects, Pit Creature, etc that have weapons in the mid-tier rooms.
*Make the options in the menu work correctly (music offset, attract music, etc.)
*4 ball MB - Why have 4 balls in the game if there are only 3 on the playfield at one time? Add-a-ball mystery during Frank+Crypt or something would be a nice addition.

I absolutely love this game. I would just like to see the polish to make this one of the greatest of all time.

5 months later
#34 3 years ago

Hello everybody,

since January 19, 2021 the new Game Code 1.1.0.4. has been published, I would like to refresh this article and share my observations.
Perhaps the individual points can be confirmed or further specified, explained, edited ...
A structured feedback to Spooky about the new code would certainly be helpful in order to make the software for this great pinball machine even better.

In my opinion, the list should be limited to the points where there are likely to be real malfunctions that were not intended by the game designers. So no wish list regarding graphics, sound etc.

So here's my beginning:

# 1 zombie
- (without weapon) Mode starts and illuminates the following goals one after the other: 1 left loop 2 left ramp 3 Secret Passage 4 center hole 5 right ramp 6 right ramp again - instead of right loop, that (for me) was the next target to be expected (like in the previous code) 7 right ramp again, then back one after the other to the left ramp, this is also controlled twice, the left loop is missing. With the previous code, all of the destinations mentioned were regularly driven back and forth. The incorrect control of the ramps (twice in a row) and loops (not at all after the start) is new ...
- both inlane switches trigger a noise: loading rifle and shot (as in werewolf mode). Bug or intentional?

# 2 Pit Creature
- (without a weapon) after hits in the Scoop and Center Hole (no monster in both) no monster is recognized when hitting Ethyl Lock several times
- (in co-op mode) selected as the 7th monster and entering the kitchen - the weapon (salt barrel) is displayed as expected, but cannot be collected via the target on the upper PF (target not illuminated and also without reaction when hit)

# 3 mystery
- is not activated / illuminated in the scoop despite multiple hits in the center hole when „Light Mystery" flashing; it‘s not clear to me in which game situations you can activate Mystery and how...

# 4 BDB
- (co-op mode with 3 players) after finding all monsters (Frankenstein illuminated in red!) no start of Billion Dollar Babies; instead, the software hangs up at Frankenstein's monster, i.e. with all remaining balls, only this one monster can be started again and again. In another game in co-op mode (Frankenstein defeated and therefore illuminated in green) BDB could be started and played normally in the end. Could this incident have something to do with the fact that Frank wasn't defeated? In any case, that wasn't an issue with the previous code ...

# 5 Cold Ethyl
- Mode selected via right or left loop and 1 ball locked at the same time -> Start of the Crypt Multiball switches the mode selection to Igor! Any weapon that has already been won will be lost. It was the same in the previous code version. Bug or maybe intentional?
- at the end of the mode without loosing the ball, Secret Passage suddenly was illuminated, but the player’s location in the castle was the Foyer and no monster was selected! The result of a certain skill shot without doing a skill shot!

#6 Two balls trapped in Crypt Multiball Lock (final ball in play)
After searching for balls several times, the drop target opens and releases both balls while at the same time a third ball is launched...
After the 3rd ball is gone, the software does not end the game. No further ball search. The game just continues without a ball being there or being launched. Solution: switching the game off and on again...

#35 3 years ago

# 4 BDB
- (co-op mode) after finding all monsters (Frankenstein illuminated in red!) no start of Billion Dollar Babies; instead, the software hangs up at Frankenstein's monster, i.e. with all remaining balls, only this one monster can be started again and again... but: after Frank was defeated the game continues with BDB! It seems that Frank needs to be defeated in co-op to reach the final mode

1 week later
#36 3 years ago

#7 Attract mode: no sounds!?

#8 Software hung up after 4th monster: played 4 monsters (Igor & Zombie green, Insects & Frank red), final ball in play, location: Foyer, next monster: Vampire -> no further progress by shooting left or right loop (tried several times); change of monster (Alice) doesn‘t help, software still hung up (in the Foyer)☹️

#37 3 years ago

Anyone got a nice one for sale? Somewhere within a couple hours driving distance of Maryland? Thanks! Mìke

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

#7 Attract mode: no sounds!?

Attract mode sounds - when you hit a flipper button.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Attract mode sounds - when you hit a flipper button.

OK, but does that make sense?

#40 3 years ago

#41 3 years ago

3 weeks later
#42 3 years ago

some games and experiences further:

#4: apparently a win against Frank is absolutely necessary to reach the final - actually a cool feature!!!
A little irritating that the loops and maybe also secret passage are lit, but of course without function in this situation...

#3: Mystery sometimes can be lit by shooting the center scoop (when lit), but it is still not clear what system this very function follows... because sometimes it doesn‘t work

Overall, for me, ACNC is very close to the perfect pinball machine - well done Spooky!

1 week later
#43 3 years ago

Here'san idea: It would be cool if you can start (make it difficult) a 2x playfield multiplier (2x flashing), but when you bring in a multiball it will be 4x and when you bring in 2 multiballs at the same time, it will be 8x

#44 3 years ago

New finding: all monsters battled except Cold Ethyl, final ball in play. Location ballroom.
Then mode started by shooting secret passage (-> typical sound), but the screen frozen, still showing the ballroom, no animations, no flashing of crypt, not further progress...
It was so close to BDB, disappointing☹️

1 week later
#45 3 years ago

...again problems with Cold Ethyl: 5 monsters battled, final ball in play, next monster Cold Ethyl, position Laboratory and got the weapon, so just one step to proceed to the monster. Right loop lit, BUT: Laboratory on map NOT marked by the red cross! Software stuck, shooting the right loop doesn‘t lead to the monster!

(unfortunately I lost the ball right after that, so I couldn‘t try to reach the monster via Secret Passage)

I really hope that there will be further software development and another code...

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

...again problems with Cold Ethyl: 5 monsters battled, final ball in play, next monster Cold Ethyl, position Laboratory and got the weapon, so just one step to proceed to the monster. Right loop lit, BUT: Laboratory on map NOT marked by the red cross! Software stuck, shooting the right loop doesn‘t lead to the monster!
(unfortunately I lost the ball right after that, so I couldn‘t try to reach the monster via Secret Passage)
I really hope that there will be further software development and another code...

Just had similar. Last monster, map was blank not showing where i was or where the weapon was. Plus , still too many old bugs not addressed.

#47 3 years ago

Shooting the werewolf - made a shot and it didn't turn red, green just went out and insert wasn't lit anymore.
Whilst werewolf I started crypt multiball and that reset the lightshow and then made shots became red.

#48 3 years ago

I think there is an issue with Cold Ethyl still. I was playing co-op 2 players and when the mode started I put a ball in the crypt from the upper playfield. The animation said ball save as the game thought I drained a ball. Can’t remember exactly the sequence and I’ll try to duplicate it, but I believe after the mode ended and was back into regular play I couldn’t advance to another room and lock in the next monster. I hit multiple loops on the selected monster left and right side and no advancement. I could hit the middle shots to change the monster but hitting loops did not advance and lock in the monster. Could not progress until I hit the secret passage or mystery award, did the next monster battle and then it seemed to go back to normal. Anyone else experience this? I have seen a couple times now when getting a ball in the crypt from the upper playfield the display says ball saved and the ball was not drained in Cold Ethyl mode.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

It would really be nice to see incremental code progress made on this game. As a TNA owner maybe I have become spoiled by the amount of polish that game has gotten from TheNoTrashCougar - it is practically perfect.
A suggestion - we don't need more Alice call outs, why not add more using the Ethyl voice talent - or even add some random screams/laughs when a target is hit (instead of nothing)? This game has so much potential - please FawzmaGames take it all the way to the finish line! GRACIAS!

Same thing happened to RZ when ACNC came out. Spooky, and Fawzma specifically, seemingly don't care about finishing code. A shame really as the designs and themes deserve more polish. Still a fan of Spooky but feel this area of their business model is severely lacking.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Same thing happened to RZ when ACNC came out. Spooky, and Fawzma specifically, seemingly don't care about finishing code. A shame really as the designs and themes deserve more polish. Still a fan of Spooky but feel this area of their business model is severely lacking.

Hopefully they'll take care of the bugs (minimum).
I can't imagine that this very pinball machine, on which Bowen Kerrins stands for the gameplay (by the way - my favorite pinball player), will stay as it is.
When buying a pinball machine, I expect the code to cover all of the functions provided by the manufacturer. No more and no less.
I'm not talking about a wish-list with additional call-outs, graphics, or rules (that would be a voluntary ad on by Spooky); but it cannot be that software errors prevent a regular gameplay (e.g. Cold Ethyl, Pit Creature etc.) and that frustration constantly arises.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-acnc-bug-and-enhancement-feedback-thread?hl=superhawk2300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.