Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Nick36
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

but it cannot be that software errors prevent a regular gameplay (e.g. Cold Ethyl, Pit Creature etc.) and that frustration constantly arises.

Are you sure that your machine is working correctly?

I have no problems with any of those modes.

rd

#52 3 years ago

There’s definitely a software issue with Cold Ethyl. I have seen several times when I’m in that mode that when I drop a ball in the crypt from the upper playfield the display says ball saved like I drained a ball. Then it gets stuck and you can’t advance rooms or lock in a monster to battle. Several others in this thread have had also described it.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Are you sure that your machine is working correctly?
I have no problems with any of those modes.
rd

I only share my observations. You are lucky if you have never faced a disappointing situation like that (see comments #44, #45 or #48) ...and I have no problems at all with any of the optos or switches.

#54 3 years ago

I, too have had issues in Cold Ethyl. It's not common, but then, I still suck playing it.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I, too have had issues in Cold Ethyl. It's not common, but then, I still suck playing it.

I guess that depends on the stage you’re in. If you play Cold Ethyl as 1st, 2nd or 3rd - no problem. Otherwise...

#56 3 years ago

Only issue I notice with Ethyl, is once I lock in that mode and I start crypt mb before starting Ethyl, it switches to Igor. This might be what it is supposed to do, but I dont like it.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Only issue I notice with Ethyl, is once I lock in that mode and I start crypt mb before starting Ethyl, it switches to Igor. This might be what it is supposed to do, but I dont like it.

It could be intentional. But if you reached the laboratory, you will loose the chance to collect a weapon. I don‘t like the switch, too.

3 weeks later
#58 2 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

During PIT CREATURE, The Shot in the Crypt is not credited : I couldn't find the creature when she's in :C

Today it happend again. Pit Creature mode started as first monster - after hits in the Scoop and Center Hole (no monster in both, green arrows lit) no monster is recognized when hitting Ethyl Lock several times („not here!“), green arrow keeps on blinking, so obviously no chance to progress in the game, frustrating... so I just wanted to turn the game off, when all of the sudden, the monster was detected in the Ethyl Lock! Couldn‘t believe it, after 5 or 6 hits!

A problem with the optos can be excluded since the Ethyl Lock works 100%.

#59 2 years ago

Does anyone know if fawzma is still working for spooky? Has been awfully quiet for awhile..

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Today it happend again. Pit Creature mode started as first monster - after hits in the Scoop and Center Hole (no monster in both, green arrows lit) no monster is recognized when hitting Ethyl Lock several times („not here!“), green arrow keeps on blinking, so obviously no chance to progress in the game, frustrating... so I just wanted to turn the game off, when all of the sudden, the monster was detected in the Ethyl Lock! Couldn‘t believe it, after 5 or 6 hits!
A problem with the optos can be excluded since the Ethyl Lock works 100%.

Maybe test your subway switches? I had an issue with one of mine not registering regularly which was causing some questionable behavior similar to what you are describing.

I ended up replacing my flakey switch with an MRS switch and it made a world of difference.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Maybe test your subway switches? I had an issue with one of mine not registering regularly which was causing some questionable behavior similar to what you are describing.
I ended up replacing my flakey switch with an MRS switch and it made a world of difference.

...I don‘t believe it‘s a switch issue. When hitting Cold Ethyl, the software reacts in saying „not here“. That means that the ball was detected.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

...I don‘t believe it‘s a switch issue. When hitting Cold Ethyl, the software reacts in saying „not here“. That means that the ball was detected.

Got it, I missed that part.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Yes, but that switch could be missing the shot and it thinks you hit the left scoop

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, but that switch could be missing the shot and it thinks you hit the left scoop

Actually, this makes sense. There are 2 subway switches and if the right side from Ethyl is not registering regularly, it will think you hit the left scoop as finnflash suggested. The other subway switch is the one for the middle subway entrance and that is the switch that rarely would register on my game. When my switch was not working, I had the exact same thing happening when I would shoot the center subway entrance, it would say NOT HERE and think I hit the left scoop. I also could rarely activate the mystery award light due to my switch not working.

I believe the Pit Creature mode reads from the subway switches, not the upper optos. So even if your optos are 100% working under the crypt, that does not matter when it comes to searching for the Pit Creature. I would suspect your subway switch on the right side.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I believe the Pit Creature mode reads from the subway switches, not the upper optos. So even if your optos are 100% working under the crypt, that does not matter when it comes to searching for the Pit Creature. I would suspect your subway switch on the right side.

Correct. You can also see this from dropping down the left lane on the upper playfield. Iirc it'll also treat it as a scoop shot in the mode (at least during phase 2...)

#66 2 years ago

Thanks guys I will check it out...

#67 2 years ago

Thank you @finnflash, Calfdemon and zacaj for this great tip.
The switch in the tunnel under the Crypt was actually the cause! Not easy to adjust, but finally i got it

My apologies to Spooky!!!

I‘m glad that the Pit Creature now works for me too...

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Thank you finnflash, Calfdemon and zacaj for this great tip.
The switch in the tunnel under the Crypt was actually the cause! Not easy to adjust, but finally i got it

Glad to hear you got it working. If the switch gives you more problems in the future, consider the MRS switches that Sonic makes. It is a one-time fix and they work great!

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Thank you finnflash, Calfdemon and zacaj for this great tip.

Great!!

#70 2 years ago

Interesting one tonight. Got crypt going with insect locked in and secret passage ready and lit. Hit the passage, the little things music started, then waited the usual 3 or 4 seconds before the super fast computer starts the mode, but this time nothing. No green targets lit, so had the music playing but no mode start. Played another 30 seconds of multiball until one ball drains, then secret passage lights again. Hit it, then started the insect mode again, this time with green targets to hit.
Multiball generally seems to confuse the programing(er) especially when ball savers are concerned. Either draining when scream again flashing, resulting in no ball save, or outlane flashing purple when in multiball (save lit) and no ball save when one ball drains, and outlane save still flashing purple.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Paulatron:

Multiball generally seems to confuse the programing(er) especially when ball savers are concerned. Either draining when scream again flashing, resulting in no ball save, or outlane flashing purple when in multiball (save lit) and no ball save when one ball drains, and outlane save still flashing purple.

I have also experienced this - always during multi-ball.

Most often it is an insta-drain from the scoop eject, which normally would result in a ball save, but during multi-ball just results in a ball lost.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Agreed. The forced switch to Igor is a bummer, especially if you worked to get the weapon for Ethyl.

The mode should remain Cold Ethyl after you enable crypt multi ball. They can always disable the Cold Ethyl mode from starting while the crypt multi ball is in effect (like how you can't start Frankenstein Monster mode while in Crypt multi ball).

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Agreed. The forced switch to Igor is a bummer, especially if you worked to get the weapon for Ethyl.
The mode should remain Cold Ethyl after you enable crypt multi ball. They can always disable the Cold Ethyl mode from starting while the crypt multi ball is in effect (like how you can't start Frankenstein Monster mode while in Crypt multi ball).

Don’t believe that’s possible as crypt is started simply by hitting the drop target. Frank has a diverter which is tuned to the other modes.

#74 2 years ago

Since updating to the latest code, the Extra Ball callouts and videos are getting cut off, or just not playing at all.

2 months later
#75 2 years ago

Had crypt mb running (2 balls in play) and started pit creature.
Shot both balls in the center scoop.
The left (vuk) edit: scoop ejected them both stdm..
Ball saved - one ball returned into play.
From then no pit creature shots registered.. arrows remained green and shots did not register.
I made several, different shots, so it's not an issue with a specific switch not registering.

#76 2 years ago

I hate that left VUK. You think you have it adjusted correctly and the next thing you know it shoots it SDTM. What coil power setting are you guys using on that?

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I hate that left VUK.

There are no VUK's (Vertical Up Kicker) on ACNC. I assume you are referring to the left scoop?

#78 2 years ago

Yes the left scoop.

#79 2 years ago

Another bug : ball launch at start off ball 3, I let it bounce on the flippers and it drains into the right outlane.
The game now launches 2 balls into play ??

11 months later
#80 1 year ago

Just had another issue, but it's probably more related to pyprocgame/skeletongame than the specific ACNC code.
I'm on my extra ball (already had a great score...) the ball launches onto the playfield, I hit one of the 3 center targets, and the ball immediately drains.
Somehow the game doesn't realize the pinball has drained.. so it's playing the launch / skillshot music, but not offering a pinball again or doing a ball search after a while
Only option I had was to turn off the machine.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Just had another issue, but it's probably more related to pyprocgame/skeletongame than the specific ACNC code.
I'm on my extra ball (already had a great score...) the ball launches onto the playfield, I hit one of the 3 center targets, and the ball immediately drains.
Somehow the game doesn't realize the pinball has drained.. so it's playing the launch / skillshot music, but not offering a pinball again or doing a ball search after a while
Only option I had was to turn off the machine.

I've had this issue happen to me as well. It's annoying, but when it happens I just open the coin door and manually plunge a ball to the shooter lane so that I don't lose my game.

1 year later
#82 5 months ago

I’m having an issue with the Drop Target 3… It will go up and down, but when I hit the drop target it does go down but doesn’t register the Frank servo or make that boom sounds like it suppose to? It works some times but most of the time it doesn’t? Does anyone have an idea why?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-acnc-bug-and-enhancement-feedback-thread/page/2?hl=paulatron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.