(Topic ID: 213269)

Alice Cooper’s nightmare castle ‘vs’ Iron Maiden first looks..

By frankmac

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 212 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What art package looks better?”

• Alice Cooper 144 votes
    46%
  • Iron Maiden 167 votes
    54%

(311 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0FF8877C-1ED7-4E12-9C37-708C4381EE49 (resized).jpeg
13AA3B04-BF52-4124-B645-7AA2C1A10DE0.jpeg
04ED4B93-BD56-42D2-85C0-57699D26FDB0 (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
37857ABA-9362-41B5-986D-ACBBDB1F7EEF (resized).jpeg
nita (resized).jpg
sling (resized).JPG
side.jpg
42B397AC-C21A-488F-8BFA-524D70670C20.jpeg
F69CE602-891F-40D1-AABF-73BAD1504902.jpeg
279iyo (resized).jpg
iron_maiden_killers_vinyl_front_cover_grande (resized).jpg
legacy of (resized).jpg
5AA612B5-CFC8-47EF-B238-A021BDF968CD.jpeg
65B055B4-EBD0-4338-A157-83989B337942.jpeg
EC3D5FE9-573C-419A-9F37-61041F455095.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fantarama.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 years ago

I'll go with Iron Maiden.

art: I like the Alice Cooper cabinet and backglass much more, but I find the playfield for Maiden more pro looking and it integrates a lot of themes within the actual pinball layout (look at the Eddie in the padding room between the pops!), and it's actually about the band in the title. In the meanwhile, Alice's one looks more like a poster than a playfield to me, the castle is very cool thought. Overall, I like Maiden's better.

layout: let's just say Iron Maiden is the winner here.

sound: I'll put aside the music as there's a lot of personal taste here, but from the little gameplay I saw from Alice Cooper, it sounds like Iron Maiden takes the cake here with 2 voices full of energy doing the call outs and awesome sound effects.

gameplay: I really need to see more Alice, but from the Iron Maiden stream I saw today... man, that game is fast and fun! Alice seems like an orbit that you can chain with another orbit, and despair. I really need to see more Alice's gameplay to be sure, but from the layout and what I saw I reckon I'm not that hopeful.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Money wise its pretty straight forward. You could order Stern IRM and play it for 6-8 months and at the same time put a 1k deposit down on ACMC.

or... you could go for an IRM and in 6-8 months just look for someone selling/trading his/her ACNC.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can someone explain what makes the Maiden playfield play interesting? I'm not familiar with the Archer pinball and at first glance I just see a few ramps compared to the upper castle deck playfield on Alice.

Right, Alice has the castle mini playfield where you can shot at what seems like 4-5 more shoots.
In Maiden however, while there isn't a second level playfield, you have different shots that can be done only with the extra flippers, which there are 2 pointing in different directions, what in a way make different levels. Add that you can chain the shots between these levels and that is fun, and actual flow... which is different than flow in a single orbit or between ramps, which you can do too. Add to that rules that allow to stack modes and you have plenty to shot at non stop.

2 weeks later
#161 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In my opiniom Alice Cooper just looks more fun

could you expand on this? like, what are you considering to arrive to this conclusion?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

They have one mic on one speaker. How is that supposed to capture the proper mix and fidelity? I know it's hard to understand

yeah, pretty hard.

do you mean to say that stereo adds tonality?

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

And if you think one mic at one speaker is the same as standing at the machine, then I'm not going to waste time arguing with you.

I understand what you mean by "one mic at one speaker", I had broken headphones before. I don't think THAT has anything to do with tonality, and if you fail to understand the difference then there's really no point in arguing. Not that I want to argue really, there never was nothing to argue: stereo don't change tonality (that is a fact) and tonality is my ... observation.

I have to say I'm glad that, for you, being in front of it makes it so much better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fantarama.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper%e2%80%99s-nightmare-castle-%e2%80%98vs%e2%80%99-iron-maiden-frost-looks?tu=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.