(Topic ID: 213269)

Alice Cooper’s nightmare castle ‘vs’ Iron Maiden first looks..

By frankmac

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 212 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What art package looks better?”

• Alice Cooper 144 votes
    46%
  • Iron Maiden 167 votes
    54%

(311 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0FF8877C-1ED7-4E12-9C37-708C4381EE49 (resized).jpeg
13AA3B04-BF52-4124-B645-7AA2C1A10DE0.jpeg
04ED4B93-BD56-42D2-85C0-57699D26FDB0 (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
37857ABA-9362-41B5-986D-ACBBDB1F7EEF (resized).jpeg
nita (resized).jpg
sling (resized).JPG
side.jpg
42B397AC-C21A-488F-8BFA-524D70670C20.jpeg
F69CE602-891F-40D1-AABF-73BAD1504902.jpeg
279iyo (resized).jpg
iron_maiden_killers_vinyl_front_cover_grande (resized).jpg
legacy of (resized).jpg
5AA612B5-CFC8-47EF-B238-A021BDF968CD.jpeg
65B055B4-EBD0-4338-A157-83989B337942.jpeg
EC3D5FE9-573C-419A-9F37-61041F455095.jpeg

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Obviously not gameplay to early for that ..

Soon..

#2 6 years ago

18B1B969-BD90-4445-996C-5AA51364C934.jpeg18B1B969-BD90-4445-996C-5AA51364C934.jpeg

869C70D8-C385-4014-ACFE-3C8F02F9F4A5.jpeg869C70D8-C385-4014-ACFE-3C8F02F9F4A5.jpeg

#3 6 years ago

I prefer the look of Alice, remind me a 2.0 version of BSD.

#4 6 years ago

They both look great, but I prefer the look of ACNC.

#5 6 years ago

Both look fantastic, especially compared to what we have seen on some other modern games. It's obvious everyone is paying a lot closer attention to art when the license will allow it. I probably slightly prefer the look of AC but both are extremely well done.

#6 6 years ago

I am in on both pins . So far from what I see Alice Cooper is better looking in all areas.

Lots of Eddie on the IM pin.

#7 6 years ago

Hadn't really seen AC till now...a bit too much teal but man that looks pretty sweet.
I'll go with Maiden by a c-hair. The art is a little more "serious" if that makes any sense.

#8 6 years ago

Both look very cool but it is too early to judge. But right now from what I seen I vote iron maiden.

#9 6 years ago

They both look good - to my taste I would give a slight edge to ACNC. I dig the generic horror vibe and the castle molds. Almost like a MB 2.0 twist on collecting monsters. Though I think I prefer the MB 1.0 if I were to pick.

If you are an IM fan it is clearly not even close. But, both look cool to me.

#10 6 years ago

Cooper is easier to look at. Maiden looks too busy.

#11 6 years ago

I can only find one pic of IM from the side..

EC3D5FE9-573C-419A-9F37-61041F455095.jpegEC3D5FE9-573C-419A-9F37-61041F455095.jpeg

65B055B4-EBD0-4338-A157-83989B337942.jpeg65B055B4-EBD0-4338-A157-83989B337942.jpeg

5AA612B5-CFC8-47EF-B238-A021BDF968CD.jpeg5AA612B5-CFC8-47EF-B238-A021BDF968CD.jpeg

#12 6 years ago

I’m like them both, but I’d take Maiden.

#13 6 years ago

Definitely InMdn.

To me, this isn't even close.

#14 6 years ago

Like both but cooper takes the art package. Playfield layout is easy Maiden

#15 6 years ago

Expected not to like AC as much, but I really love the playfield and art - Maiden ... playfield looks very slick and I actually feel like the art is a bit cluttered! Not quite as much a fan of the "every eddie in the world ever" artwork (didn't like it on Legacy of the Beast the CD or the game...) I need to see in action to see how well the game plays. Between these two dream themes, the gameplay will determine the final outcome. Damn I thought I was done buying new pins this year!

#16 6 years ago

They are both killer looking and I love both performers. I knew should of waited on that new bubble hockey. I will figure a way to make them fit!!!
Does the guillotine work??

#17 6 years ago

pretty impressed with the stream of iron maiden, rules are 100% better than what Guardians has right now. Alice code is pretty bare bones but has lots of potential with Bowen on staff now. Great time for the hobby. I think both have cool art but like the Iron maiden art a bit more

#18 6 years ago

The play field on ACNC is just SOOO much nicer in my opinion. Iron Maiden looks great but it still looks like everything else Stern does. It kind of looks like a cross between GOT and WWE and I don't really care for the appearance of either one of those. I will still play the game and if I like it when I can actually play it I may actually buy one but it just doesn't excite me like ACNC has from a presentation perspective. ACND presents like a pin that was made from scratch and the Iron Maiden pin just doesn't have that original appeal. I still might buy one though, however my money right now is going to Spooky again...

#19 6 years ago

ACNC has a superior LCD presentation that's for sure. Zombie Yeti for the close win though on art. Can't lose with either choice - we all win.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not quite as much a fan of the "every eddie in the world ever" artwork ...

You think ZY kept sending them proofs and Gary kept yelling "MORE EDDIES" for weeks?

#21 6 years ago

Don't care they will both be sitting side by side in my collection

#22 6 years ago

Honestly they look like they'd be perfect sitting right next to each other.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think ZY kept sending them proofs and Gary kept yelling "MORE EDDIES" for weeks?

How many Eddies total?

#24 6 years ago

I think I'm buying both. I like ACNC art a tad bit more. Layout IMDN. I think both will be hits. Pirates will be a hit too. I'm amazed that I'm not "really" into the theme of the 3 big new pins but am into all of them. GOTG is my cup of tea theme wise and frankly it blows compared to the new 3.

#25 6 years ago

ACNC easy but people with have InMd in 90 days while ACNC is more like 500 days out.

#26 6 years ago

Cooper is a better “world under glass”...both awesome!

#27 6 years ago

they both look great and both winners in the "looks" department.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How many Eddies total?

Shit I don't know...it was somewhere in the other thread...39 at least?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit I don't know...it was somewhere in the other thread...39 at least?

Wow I need to go back and look again.. I was at 16 on the playfield.

#30 6 years ago

Alice Cooper for sure.

Even though it doesn't have all the songs I would like, at least they didn't choose to totally ignore the singer that made the band great in the first place.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LOL. In between vodka gulps -

Most of the "legacy of the beast" art looks like that unfortunately. He did a great job given the constrains, I think. Licenses are tough. It is MILES better than what ended up being possible with Star Wars, I think.

#32 6 years ago

Maiden looks great ! Cooper looks great ! maiden looks like it has great flow ! LOVE BOTH ! yeah no songs from Dianno is dissapointing ! and the Cooper songs are eh

#33 6 years ago

My heart says that I want to support Spooky over Stern, that when it comes to a horrorish themed pin they have the edge, and I think there's a great package there. They're growing and improving with every release, and that's awesome. If you have the money and the space I encourage you to be part of that history, you'll feel good about it I think.

Quoted from T-800:

ACNC has a superior LCD presentation that's for sure.

Ain't that the truth. AC LCD is looking smart and sharp, Iron Maiden LCD is looking pretty lackluster. Alice Cooper's cabinet art is cooler. The translite is better than Iron Maiden's Pro. Not big on the Eddy collage personally. I hope the Premium has a bigger cool Eddie! F— the LE, no way I'm getting that, so I hope the Prem looks best (Sure the LE will be sick, mirrored Eddie backglass?).

AC is probably a real backglass actually. And it looks great, like a cool horror comic come to life, perfect. And it sounds like the game will be more like a comic too, not a 'band pin', you earn AC songs and it has original music too. That's cool. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, I listened to Killers a lot when I was 13, but that's about it. I got a little tired of the music during the stream, their songs can have a similar vibe. So music variety, and music without lyrics, that's good. Edge Cooper.

But I just can't let go of the fact that I've shot Archer, the original version of Iron Maiden, and the playfield layout is just too good. I dunno if I'm really interested enough to buy, I need to see the Premium, get more details, let the early adopters take the testing hit. But it just shoots so cool, I might cave and sell a game to get it. I can live with the music I think.

#34 6 years ago

One would have to say that there are a lot of great options in pinball right now.

These pins look great!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow I need to go back and look again.. I was at 16 on the playfield.

Quick look is at least 10 on the head alone

#36 6 years ago

Wonder which one will have the better quality playfield and clear coat.

Actually I know the answer to that already.

#37 6 years ago

Art - Cooper
Layout - Maiden
Rules/Code - no idea

I’m leaning towards Maiden on layout alone.

Edit: full credit to Spooky that this is even a close call.

#38 6 years ago

all the eddies represent the diffrent eras of Iron Maiden . the Legacy of the band ! the Legacy of The Beast !

legacy of (resized).jpglegacy of (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

all the eddies represent the diffrent eras of Iron Maiden .

I'm still trying to find this one on there.

iron_maiden_killers_vinyl_front_cover_grande (resized).jpgiron_maiden_killers_vinyl_front_cover_grande (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

I guess it depends what you want to sacrifice. I think ACNC looks better, more full and more toys. Iron Maiden looks like a typical stripped down bare stern of todays standards. So on looks and toys definently ACNC. But i personally enjoy Iron Maidens music WAY more then Alice Coopers. So for sound and music, iron maiden for sure. So whats more important to you? Looks and toys or sound and music? In the end I'd probably choose iron maiden for the awesome music.

#41 6 years ago

Alice looks spectacular. So does Maiden.
Let's just all bask in this kumbaya moment cause I've never, in my 4 years here, seen everybody so excited and harmonious.
I give it a day, tops.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

everybody so excited and harmonious.

If I didn't have a TNA coming, it would be just another day in retro land.

#43 6 years ago

Welp, lasted 20 seconds. Hey OD!

#44 6 years ago

Maiden

#45 6 years ago

I'll go with Iron Maiden.

art: I like the Alice Cooper cabinet and backglass much more, but I find the playfield for Maiden more pro looking and it integrates a lot of themes within the actual pinball layout (look at the Eddie in the padding room between the pops!), and it's actually about the band in the title. In the meanwhile, Alice's one looks more like a poster than a playfield to me, the castle is very cool thought. Overall, I like Maiden's better.

layout: let's just say Iron Maiden is the winner here.

sound: I'll put aside the music as there's a lot of personal taste here, but from the little gameplay I saw from Alice Cooper, it sounds like Iron Maiden takes the cake here with 2 voices full of energy doing the call outs and awesome sound effects.

gameplay: I really need to see more Alice, but from the Iron Maiden stream I saw today... man, that game is fast and fun! Alice seems like an orbit that you can chain with another orbit, and despair. I really need to see more Alice's gameplay to be sure, but from the layout and what I saw I reckon I'm not that hopeful.

#46 6 years ago

Money wise its pretty straight forward. You could order Stern IRM and play it for 6-8 months and at the same time put a 1k deposit down on ACMC.
Within that 6-8 months the IRM Prem will be shown and code polished. You can then sell Pro IRM and get a Prem IRM and sell ACMC spot.
Or sell IRM Pro when your Spooky machine is ready. Its a win win unless of course you fall in love with your Pro IRM there there is the credit card option

#47 6 years ago

Hey Gryszzz!

279iyo (resized).jpg279iyo (resized).jpg

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still trying to find this one on there.

A reasonable rendition on the left sling I think

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

A reasonable rendition on the left sling I think

Still no reasonable reason why there is no Wrathchild or any other songs off the first two albums though. At least they got that right on Metallica albeit no Whiplash.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Still no reasonable reason why there is no Wrathchild or any other songs off the first two albums though. At least they got that right on Metallica albeit no Whiplash.

Heh, you're preaching to the choir here. Been a Maiden fan since the beginning. I'd add those important songs later with PB browser. No biggie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper%e2%80%99s-nightmare-castle-%e2%80%98vs%e2%80%99-iron-maiden-frost-looks?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.