Ali - Not Getting Extra Ball Lit

By ScottoKong

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Ali Stern Electronics, 1980
#1 5 years ago

My Ali has recently stopped lighting the spinner for an Extra ball after spelling GREATEST.

Game plays fine otherwise.
I have a suspicion that I might have a Switch Matrix issue going on... But nothing too obvious.

Could a Switch Matrix issue be related to the lack of EB getting lit or scored?
Kinda thought it is unlikely as I light all the GREATEST letters and the EB is mpu controlled.

#2 5 years ago

This issue of not offering up an extra ball seems to resolved itself after I reset some of the audits.

After first noticing the EB issue I started having display issues. When in attract last game scores were fine but high score to date would be missing digits.

In test mode displays were fine but funny things when displaying audits and switch tests.

I believe resetting the high score at the door solved the data issue.

#3 5 years ago

Strange, thanks for posting. You can turn the that EB feature off using the physical dip switches. I didn't realize this until I owned two Ali machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ali-not-getting-extra-ball-lit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.