(Topic ID: 325458)

Algar Club! The REAL Lion Man Club (and Kora of course....)

By doghouse

85 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by doghouse
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you ever played or seen Algar?”

• Yes, I've seen one. 2 votes
    22%
  • Yes, I've played one 3 votes
    33%
  • Yes, I've seen one, played one, and own one. 1 vote
    11%
  • Yes, and I LOVE Algar :) 2 votes
    22%
  • Yes, and I HATE Algar :( 0 votes
  • I don't care about Algar. 1 vote
    11%

(Multiple choice - 9 votes by 6 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

algarcostume (resized).jpg

#1 85 days ago

ALGAR! The REAL Lionman? Gorgar's brother?! This rare widebody deserves its own club.

This oddball game has a strange attraction to the many who visit and play the game at our venue, The Pinball Asylum. I personally love this game, finding it fun and challenging, and think it is a great tournament game as well.

Often overlooked (and unseen) because of its rarity-- only 349 were made-- the game certainly has a confusing and enigmatic theme involving a lion-headed humanoid emerging from the sea with a cosmic space background, with odd orange and green rectangular pylons cluttering the beach around him.

Also, somehow there is a mysterious octopus named Kora (mentioned and shown on the playfield and apron, and by name only on the bumper caps), a dragon, a hooded skull-faced demon-looking dude (on the bumper caps), a goat-horned demon (maybe the same guy as on the bumper caps?), a bird-headed dude dressed in a green Nehru suit, and more than a few nude girls diving off cliffs are all part of the theme....

What some may see as slow widebody with lots of side-to-side action has surprisingly good speed and great geometry. The ball chamber is a unique and fun feature that is the main scoring focus of the game.

There are currently just 37 owners of Algar on Pinside, and 44 people who have the Lionman on their wishlist, so I don't expect a lot of activity here. That said, please show your love for Algar, if you can....

algarcostume (resized).jpg
#2 80 days ago

I should also mention that I recently scored an NOS Algar backglass, and have a very nice Algar BG for sale now. PM me if interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!