• Latest reply 3 years ago by 0geist0
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trebek (resized).jpg
Alex-Trebek-hosting-the-game-show-High-Rollers (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Who-Dey and now Alex! I hate 2020, Rip Alex.

#2 3 years ago

RIP , I wonder who will replace him on the show?

#3 3 years ago

sorry to hear this.

#4 3 years ago

I’ll take Canadian icons for $1000.

This beloved Canadian was nominated for 31 Daytime Emmy Awards.

Who is Alex Trebek?

#6 3 years ago

Hopefully not someone like drew carey

Legend.. RIP

Quoted from Percula:

#8 3 years ago

Somewhat oddly fitting that he died shortly after Sean Connery - I'll take The Rapists for $500, that's Therapists for $500. RIP and enjoy that great game show in the sky.

#9 3 years ago

RIP Alex.

Alex-Trebek-hosting-the-game-show-High-Rollers (resized).jpgAlex-Trebek-hosting-the-game-show-High-Rollers (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

So sad, RIP Alex.

#11 3 years ago

He definitely had a cool name. My roommate in college religiously recorded it and I had to watch it every day. What is a platypus?

#12 3 years ago

He fought hard and lived longer than the mean for that disease.

#13 3 years ago

Jeopardy will never be the same. Sad new.

LTG : (

#14 3 years ago

I’m done with this year.

#15 3 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Trebek back in the early '90's at ShowEast, a convention I used to attend yearly when I was in the business. My wife and I were newlyweds at the time and I had run into him when I had to run outside to take a call. I nearly ran into him and exclaimed, "You're Alex Trebek !" and he quickly followed up with.."and you're Norm ****" I've been wanting to meet up with you!" Stupid ass that I was, he was looking at my name tag and we both had a good laugh. My then-new wife came over to me and told me our table was ready, Alex had introduced himself, then introduced me to her. She was floored. Such a kind and decent man, with quick wit. He'll be missed, to be sure.

#16 3 years ago

Sad day for sure. An icon!! Alex will be missed!!

#17 3 years ago

Very sad news Rest In Peace. To answer one of the questions .

I think Ken Jennings will be replacement.

#18 3 years ago

I'm a big jeopardy fan. It's really sad to hear this news.
My thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.

2020 is a just a non-stop shitshow...

#19 3 years ago

He felt real in his job. I enjoyed that.
Bob Barker is in his 90s now.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Very sad news Rest In Peace. To answer one of the questions .
I think Ken Jennings will be replacement.

Unfortunately I think you're right. Jennings is kind of a dick

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

RIP Alex.
[quoted image]

Loved High Rollers before his Jeopardy days. Ruta Lee is still around....

#22 3 years ago

I was fortunate to work with Alex for almost 10 years on Jeopardy. Always the consummate professional. He will be greatly missed.

#23 3 years ago

He was a class act. I think that Brooke Burns will be his replacement.

#24 3 years ago

Last night I got a strange feeling completely out of the blue... I felt compelled to watch Jepordy. I don't think I've actually watched an episode in over a decade. I just had the sudden unexplainable compulsion to watch it while in the middle of cooking dinner. I flipped on the TV, and oddly enough, not only did it happen to be on, but the episode was just starting. So I casually watched as if it was something I was "required" to do, and at the end I felt I somehow satisfied this unexplainable need to see it. Needless to say, this morning's news came as a shock.

Godspeed Alex!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

Last night I got a strange feeling completely out of the blue... I felt compelled to watch Jepordy. I don't think I've actually watched an episode in over a decade. I just had the sudden unexplainable compulsion to watch it while in the middle of cooking dinner. I flipped on the TV, and oddly enough, not only did it happen to be on, but the episode was just starting. So I casually watched as if it was something I was "required" to do, and at the end I felt I somehow satisfied this unexplainable need to see it. Needless to say, this morning's news came as a shock.
Godspeed Alex!

Lives in Las Vegas? Check
Gets premonitions? Check

What's your feeling on the Monday night football game?

#26 3 years ago

Sad news. His enthusiasm and curiosity seemed to be very genuine.

For anybody who doesn't know it, this is the Alex brownie story:

“I had just arrived in California and went to a friend’s house for dinner, and there were brownies. I love brownies—I’m a chocoholic—and I didn’t realize that they were hash brownies. And… whoa. That threw me for a loop. I took down about a half-dozen. The dinner party was on a Friday, and I was not able to leave that house until Sunday afternoon. I spent the next day and a half in bed. It was not a good trip, and I have not done any of that stuff since!”

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What's your feeling on the Monday night football game?

LoL, well I don't watch or follow any sports at all and have never had a sports premonition.
That being said, my feeling would be that the Patriots will win (by 7 or perhaps even by 10).

#28 3 years ago

RIP sir. You have my thoughts forever.

#29 3 years ago

They did a nice eulogy including a write up and a short video by the producer on their website. No new host will be announced yet, and they will run Alex's final filmed episodes through December 25.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/alex-trebek-1940-2020

#30 3 years ago

I felt like a part of my family passed away when I heard the sad news. We will watch the rest of the shows with a heavy heart. My the Lord shine his light until his soul. What is we love you Alex

#31 3 years ago

What a Man! Had me respond to a TV a thousand times with vocal answers. He will live on..

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Percula:

Ben Shapiro could do it, he just doesn't know it yet.

#33 3 years ago

RIP Mr Trebek

PS Ken Jennings gets my vote to carry the Jeopardy torch, pretty sure he’s qualified

#34 3 years ago

Sad to hear RIP.

#35 3 years ago

Dang. Trebek and Connery both gone.

trebek (resized).jpgtrebek (resized).jpg
#36 3 years ago

Funny, my favorite Connery line is actually Darrell Hammond:

Trebek: Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
Connery: No, but I kish _your_ mother with it!

1 week later
#37 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

RIP Mr Trebek

PS Ken Jennings gets my vote to carry the Jeopardy torch, pretty sure he’s qualified

I’m going to quote myself here, Ken Jennings is going to be the interim host! Couldn’t think of a better person for the job

1 week later
#38 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’m going to quote myself here, Ken Jennings is going to be the interim host! Couldn’t think of a better person for the job

Jennings is going to be the first guest host. They haven't picked a replacement yet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alex-trebek-has-died-at-80?hl=afinemoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.