(Topic ID: 302909)

Alert! Stolen Pinball TMNT - Update!!! It has been recovered!

By tigzzz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220113_173742 (resized).jpg
20220113_173634 (resized).jpg
20220113_174554 (resized).jpg
a144 (resized).JPG
612EAFF7-1548-4196-ACB1-4B42C50DFC22 (resized).jpeg
MV.gif
not.gif
the_untouchables_-_h_-_1987 (resized).jpg
317D5CED-FE61-4ABA-956D-7A15D96A48DA (resized).jpeg
ripple (resized).jpg
EC0AC98C-79F3-424E-B5A1-AD31D3922EDB (resized).jpeg
20211213_140002 (resized).jpg
c32 (resized).JPG
c30 (resized).jpg
c31 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 Details of the situation from the game seller Posted by ChipScott (2 years ago)

Post #103 Summary of a response from uship's CEO Posted by Insanity199 (2 years ago)

Post #146 Photo of the missing game Posted by tigzzz (2 years ago)

Post #160 The game has been found and is in police custody Posted by tigzzz (2 years ago)

Post #207 Details of the recovery Posted by ripple (2 years ago)

Post #254 Game cleared for release from the police Posted by ripple (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 2 years ago

I just wanted to post an alert that I recently had a TMNT pro stolen in transit. The shipper picked it up and it was never delivered. Shipper is Rising Phoenix Transport. booked through Uship.com. The name associated is Brett White. Unfortunately not much else is known. A report was filed with the FBI.

The pinball has quite a few mods and several uninstalled mods were purchased along with it. This might be an easy way to tell because it is likely that the mods would remain uninstalled. Please contact me if you have any leads that might help me recover my pinball. Also please help get the word out there. I really feel like with the help of Pinside it might be possible to track this guy down.
04a3d0efc678367aff1fc7f2676e65416bb73f98 (resized).jpg04a3d0efc678367aff1fc7f2676e65416bb73f98 (resized).jpg233f0a4a60799dd1b2d87ef72174d5645b5ded17 (resized).jpg233f0a4a60799dd1b2d87ef72174d5645b5ded17 (resized).jpga4ac625e628c1525ba972bfcb0f21027c57e553d (resized).jpga4ac625e628c1525ba972bfcb0f21027c57e553d (resized).jpga619355a3f39becb15858de6f4a800021efc8e64 (resized).jpga619355a3f39becb15858de6f4a800021efc8e64 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

I just wanted to post an alert that I recently had a TMNT pro stolen in transit. The shipper picked it up and it was never delivered. Shipper is Rising Phoenix Transport. The name associated is Brett White. Unfortunately not much else is known. A report was filed with the FBI.
The pinball has quite a few mods and several uninstalled mods were purchased along with it. This might be an easy way to tell because it is likely that the mods would remain uninstalled. Please contact me if you have any leads that might help me recover my pinball. Also please help get the word out there. I really feel like with the help of Pinside it might be possible to track this guy down.

are you in communication at all with the shipper?

#3 2 years ago

Not sure why the FBI would care

The shipper should be on the hook

#4 2 years ago

Do you have a last known location? What does the tracking info say?

How long has it been missing? Sometimes a shipment can sit idle for 1-2 weeks at a depot.

Do you have any photos? Or the serial number?

Is the shipper responding to your inquiries at all?

#5 2 years ago

This OP let me know he was making this thread. I was actually the seller of this game. You can actually see this game on the archived games of recently sold TMNT under my name / avatar. I agree, for those inclined, please evaluate that ad to be on the lookout for that game. For those inclined, any sightings on eBay, Craigslist, anywhere else, please contact OP.

I have been in close communication with the OP regarding this. I'm going to describe the scenario I encountered and these individuals/company people below.

And just so it said, for those looking for alternative transport ideas (as opposed to the more expensive but more known companies such as CRST/STI, etc) if anyone ever runs across anyone that looks/acts like this scenario below, these very well maybe scammers/thieves, OR the people specifically in this scenario....and try and collect information as you can, veer away from proceeding with the transaction, and contact OP/ buyer/seller/Pinside, etc... The game can always be picked up another day. But once it's picked up and gone, it might be gone forever......

In this case, it was a middle-aged, very rough looking, mid to late 40s Caucasian couple (man and woman). The woman said she called her business "Rising Phoenix." She says it was based off of her son who was a young child involved in a house fire who spent over a year in a ICU, but has made a recovery since. The husband runs another business that he calls "Russell moving." The both of them, to be honest, look like meth heads. The woman was somewhat unfit, 180 lb, brown shoulder length hair and had a large open sore to the left side of her face and was missing the upper teeth on the left. I didn't catch her name (maybe OP remembers?). She had a short-haired blonde mutt looking dog that she kept on leash throughout the entire experience. The gentleman's name was Russell. He seemed a little older, very road hard. Poor dentition as well. Shaggy short hair. Both individuals about 5 ft 10 in. They were driving in a medium sized U-Haul.

They showed up to my place late, real late...with no pinball lift, no pallet jack. Only a rolling cart that had the word "Russell" painted on the top of it in red. In under a minute of their arrival, I knew immediately that these people had very little to no experience with transporting pinball machines. Looking back, I probably should have stopped it right there, but I blame myself for not stopping the pickup.

Let it be said, I would encourage anyone else who deals with an alternative transport company who shows up unequipped to adequately transport a pinball to stop the transaction right there and talk with the buyer / seller. Better safe than sorry.

Anyway, we eventually got the machine that I had strapped on a pallet into the back of the U-Haul and after I personally ensure the day strapped the living hell of this game in palette to the side of the U-Haul, they took off.

Unfortunately, they never showed up at the buyer's house (the OP). I am absolutely sick over this. I took a picture of the game fastened to the side of the U-Haul, but obviously in the end that wasn't enough. Let me make recommendation not only to reiterate to myself, but to others....If anyone comes to pick up a pinball machine that is an unknown alternative transport, take pictures of the vehicle, the license plate, pictures of the people, anything and everything.

I feel so terrible for OP. This is so absolutely terrible, and my heart goes out to him. I can't imagine what he's going through. He has spoken with the authorities about the matter. I will continue to work with him and offer any assistance to him or the authorities to describe the scenario that I witnessed. But I'm glad he made this post.

For those willing, please do keep a lookout on the available selling sites for OP, and inform him if anything is noted. Again, he purchased my game, which can be seen on the archived ads.

The shipper on this scenario, was through the ladies company (Rising Phoenix). She called me a couple times before arriving. I can only assume this was her cell phone ( it was +1 912-571-1320).

Again, if any ads come up, and there is a contact number to reach, and if it matches the number above, please contact OP.

#6 2 years ago

FBI is involved in cases like this across state lines which is why the report was filed with them. The shipper stopped communicating. The last known location is Jackson, TN (location of the seller where the game was picked up).

#7 2 years ago

Couple of questions who arranged shipping? Also were there any references? Besides fbi did any of you contact local law enforcement?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Couple of questions who arranged shipping? Also were there any references? Besides fbi did any of you contact local law enforcement?

The OP had arranged the shipping, maybe he can comment as to where/what site he found the company and reference?

#9 2 years ago

Holy crap, that is a sad story. I bet these people will be caught when they try to flip it. Might be harder if they actually wanted the game for themselves. Good luck.

#10 2 years ago

Just another reason why I don’t ship games. EVER

#11 2 years ago

WOW!!
I am so sorry for both parties...especially the OP

With shipping contractors coming out of the woodwork right now because the money is good...I'm sure this more common now than usual.

Pawnshops, local game rooms, bars, FB market keep your eyes peeled

Good luck and hope you recover, at the least these bums go to jail

#12 2 years ago

I hope you get some closure on this awful situation. I will keep my eyes peeled.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Holy crap, that is a sad story. I bet these people will be caught when they try to flip it. Might be harder if they actually wanted the game for themselves. Good luck.

From the sounds of it be on the look out for a cheap TMNT for sale somewhere like CL

#14 2 years ago

OP…how did you find this shipping company?

#15 2 years ago

A friend of mine mentioned a bargain shopping company that seemed to good to be true. The rate was nearly half of an STI rate. He did not solidify a deal, so he never used them. It could have been bad.

#16 2 years ago

Someone's doorbell cam should have a plate or dot number on the uhaul. Hopefully you can trace it back to the shipper.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Someone's doorbell cam should have a plate or dot number on the uhaul. Hopefully you can trace it back to the shipper.

exactly what I was thinking or home security camera system.

#18 2 years ago

Let's go kick shell! There's a good chance the pinside community can help in this manner. I wish the safe return of your game.

If you have a serial number to the game that would help.

#19 2 years ago

Wow, what a terrible story. For what it's worth, even though he's not in question here, I've bought two different games shipped (via STI) from ChipScott and not only did they exceed any expectation I might have had, Chip is one of the nicest guys I've met in this hobby. We just randomly say hello to each other now and then because he's a very friendly person I want to stay in touch with.

Chip: What kind of mods were on this so any of us might be able to spot it in ads or wherever? Any details you can remember. Side art and what style, Pinstadiums, toys, ramp decals, etc.

edit: To answer my own question:

Upgraded speaker lighting.
Shaker motor.
Titan tubers throughout (with glow in the dark colored rubber on the flippers, which is a cool seamless look).
Inlane playfield plastic protectors.
Side blade art.
ModFather custom shooter rod.
Mezel mods TMNT lighted Glider plane in center at ramp diverter.
Mezel mods Pizzeria Billboard sign on right ramp.
Mezel mods interactive left flasher Radioactive Container.
Mezel mods interactive RGB left ramp light (changes color with each turtle).
Lermods interactive Krang mod by pops (no longer available).

Did the buyer opt for the Pinstadiums or were they taken off?

#20 2 years ago

This is so confusing.

Who setup the shipping? How did you do it? Did you Google a shipping company and then call? What?

As far as the story reads, 2 random people showed up and took a game. The phone number btw does not match to anybody on any reverse lookup, so I assume they used a ghost app to disguise their phone number unless one of you called them and they answered.

#21 2 years ago

I always find it weird when the OP doesn't keep active in their thread. My guess is, like most deals that the buyer arranges.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I always find it weird when the OP doesn't keep active in their thread.

They posted it 3 hours ago. It's okay to not live on Pinside.

Uship.com is just a broker for anyone who says they'll pick things up, I'd be cautious about using it. It's not worth trying to save a few bucks imo.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The phone number btw does not match to anybody on any reverse lookup, so I assume they used a ghost app to disguise their phone number unless one of you called them and they answered.

A carrier lookup shows that it's a real number with sprint/t-mobile. However, it could just be a pre-paid cell with no personal info attached.

#24 2 years ago

Thoughts -

Do any of the neighbors anywhere on the street route in / out have security Cameras that might have caught the license plate.

Do uhauls come equipped with GPS tracking where the pick up address could be tracked back to the rental location / person etc.

Any toll roads / bridges that they would have to use / cross close to the pick up location

#25 2 years ago

So the "shippers looked sketchy" and you didn't get the plate number of the uhaul ... ? Would have taken pictures of them with the machine and by the uhaul.
Sad story ...hope it finds its way home.

#26 2 years ago

This is certainly not just an alert to try to get the thief caught and game returned, but the post is also to prevent others from making the same mistake. I will not use Uship again. I was under the impression they had a screening process for companies that they worked with. It seems this is not the case. I screwed up by choosing to ship this way.

#27 2 years ago

Is there no accountability from UShip? Never used there Services before.

#28 2 years ago

Uship has a $500 guarantee and has already refunded some of the shipping charges and will refund the rest tomorrow. Other than that as far as I can tell they have no accountability. I was wondering if negligence might be cause for a lawsuit as they had problems with this driver before that they were aware of that i wasn't made aware of until after they shipment was picked up. Shortly after the shipment was picked up I received an e-mail from Uship asking questions about the driver which also stated "due to issues we can not discuss" and then asked me to keep them informed on shipment progress. Seems Uship should be responsible if they knew there where issues with the driver and continued to let them pick up shipments.

#29 2 years ago

tigzzz, sorry for my comment about dropping out of the thread. It's just that happens so often. I hope you get this solved.

#30 2 years ago

I would hope uship would have some kind of vetting process where they have to at least know the identity of people who offer up services and can provide this info to police, including at least a license. I went to sign up as a shipper and it didn’t seem like they asked for much…but maybe that’s later in the process. Their terms are not very promising:

“we cannot and do not guarantee the verification of any user’s identity. Any identity verification methods we employ are strictly on a best efforts basis and should not be solely relied upon by our users”

This is not an easy item to sell without some kind of record. Unless they just keep it, there’s some hope of it showing up somewhere.

#31 2 years ago

So basically, uship is saying, "use at your own risk"? Jeez.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

So basically, uship is saying, "use at your own risk"? Jeez.

Their terms make it very clear they are essentially just a venue for parties to meet and good luck after that.

uShip is a Neutral Venue and Digital Clearinghouse. uShip is not a Transportation Service Provider or Shipper. Our website acts as a venue where Shippers and TSPs can interact and enter into agreements

#33 2 years ago

I assume U-Ship has ratings/feedback for each mover they list. Is that the case? Did these movers have any good feedback or just they bid lowest so they show up and they have no rating? Maybe U-Ship has a record of their previous customers who might have gotten more info like a plate number, DL info, full name, face photo, address, different contact number, etc. U-Ship needs to try a little harder than just giving back your shipping fee.

#35 2 years ago

UHAUL Trucks Have large identification numbers on the top and bottom of the front, back and both sides starting with two letters that corresponds with size of truck, such as TM=10', DC 15', TT 20' and JH 26' followed by four numbers and one additional letter identifying that particular truck. Example: DC 1234 A. Hopefully a neighbors camera shows the Uhaul truck #. You can then contact Uhaul to find out who rented that particular truck on that specific day.
Hope this helps. good luck

#36 2 years ago

Thank you for posting up that link, just in case.
No, that is not them. This was a woman and man...seemed like a husband and wife team.
This guy was probably 49-52 years old, but looked much rougher and looked a bit older than his age. More road hard and put up wet, wiry, scrawny and shaggy.

This shipper called to confirm pick up around 10-11 am, stating that they were going to be stopping one place first and then should be at my place within a few hours. They ended up showing up well after 9:00 p.m. when it was dark as heck outside, I was at my wit's end from waiting, and tired and exhausted myself. Unfortunately, we don't have any recording cameras, but I think this is a good excuse to get some.

Man, I should have taken 100 pictures of that scenario and and am just kicking myself in the butt repeatedly for not doing so.....

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Wow, what a terrible story. For what it's worth, even though he's not in question here, I've bought two different games shipped (via STI) from ChipScott and not only did they exceed any expectation I might have had, Chip is one of the nicest guys I've met in this hobby. We just randomly say hello to each other now and then because he's a very friendly person I want to stay in touch with.
Chip: What kind of mods were on this so any of us might be able to spot it in ads or wherever? Any details you can remember. Side art and what style, Pinstadiums, toys, ramp decals, etc.
edit: To answer my own question:

Did the buyer opt for the Pinstadiums or were they taken off?

Thx man. Yeah, what a terrible scenario. I feel so terrible for OP. I am absolutely crushed about it.
As far as game description, thank you for posting up the mod details so folks can be on the lookout...and good question...he opted for Pinstadium's off in this case, so they would not be present on the machine at current.

#38 2 years ago

I have never used uship before. How does uship compare to Uber in terms of vetting drivers and allowing customers to review drivers? I believe Uber has a pretty good system for ensuring good drivers. If uship doesn’t have the same level of vetting we should all avoid them. Otherwise seems like a perfect opportunity for criminals to sign up to uship and pick up valuable stuff and disappear into the night.

#39 2 years ago

I would file a lawsuit against uship and have them defend/identify the shipper. There are quite a few legal experts on pinside that could advise.

#40 2 years ago

This situation really sucks and I feel for the op and seller. Lots of comments about-you should never ship, or I will never ship. I just want to say I have never had an issue shipping with Michelle/Judy at NAVL, and I have shipped lots of games. I know NAVL is typically more money-but they are well worth it. I ship with legs on and have the seller prep machine properly working with pick up driver, and then I document everything. People should not be afraid to ship if done properly.

Hope this situation corrects itself and I am sending out Big Worm to look for this guy

#41 2 years ago

Time to rival up the pinside vigilante gang and go after these guys and get back that machine!
How did you guys pay for the shipping cash?

#42 2 years ago

Sorry to hear this. It’s too late but now I think something like a Tile or Apple Airtag would have been invaluable. I’m thinking if ever in the future when selling something as valuable that a $20 tracker might be a good idea.

I didn’t catch but I assume the buyer arranged the shipping. I’ve only bought one pin long hand and the seller did everything with shipping and insurance etc.

#43 2 years ago

Doesn’t uship.com vet the movers they allow on their site? You would think at the very least they would confirm where these people live (or do a background check) in case something like this happens.

#44 2 years ago

What great idea.

Quoted from rai:

Sorry to hear this. It’s too late but now I think something like a Tile or Apple Airtag would have been invaluable.

What a great idea.

#45 2 years ago

I have used Uship several times for pins with no issues, sucks that this went wrong for you guys. Uship is basically like eBay, but for shipping items instead of selling objects. I had a game come all the way from Idaho to Indiana, and another from Tennessee, and lastly one from Georgia. Typically saved quite a bit of money, but the shippers there just like ebay sellers have ratings and reviews and you can see how often they are used and what they have transported as well. Anyway will be keeping an eye out for any TMNT machines as described.

#46 2 years ago

How far was the shipping distance?

I’ve had a guy who drove 15 hours to pick up a pin, I thought he was crazy.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How far was the shipping distance?
I’ve had a guy who drove 15 hours to pick up a pin, I thought he was crazy.

Pick up in West Tennessee with shipping to Colorado.

Thank you to all who have jumped on this thread. I'm glad that OP started this thread. It's important to rally the troops and get more eyes on the case/game.

#48 2 years ago

Very sorry to hear this, having bought GotG and tmnt pros from tigzzz a few months ago, I can definitely say that he is a stand up guy and someone this should never happen to.

#49 2 years ago

Sorry to read about this! I've used uship.com twice for pins - once from South Carolina to VA, the other from Rochester, NY to VA. Great experiences both times with nice folks driving their own vans, but I'm glad this thread was started because, though I saved a good bit of money on the moves, it's good to be aware of the risk if it goes sideways. Hope the machine (and the scumbags) are found.

#50 2 years ago

Sorry if this was already answered but how long ago was this picked up? It’s possible (unlikely) they are doing a dozen pickups along that extended route. UShip is not expedited freight. Similar to a few other pin shippers they tend to hold freight till they have other arranged stops. Just a hope.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 22.00
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt?hl=jack8765 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.