(Topic ID: 302909)

Alert! Stolen Pinball TMNT - Update!!! It has been recovered!

By tigzzz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220113_173742 (resized).jpg
20220113_173634 (resized).jpg
20220113_174554 (resized).jpg
a144 (resized).JPG
612EAFF7-1548-4196-ACB1-4B42C50DFC22 (resized).jpeg
MV.gif
not.gif
the_untouchables_-_h_-_1987 (resized).jpg
317D5CED-FE61-4ABA-956D-7A15D96A48DA (resized).jpeg
ripple (resized).jpg
EC0AC98C-79F3-424E-B5A1-AD31D3922EDB (resized).jpeg
20211213_140002 (resized).jpg
c32 (resized).JPG
c30 (resized).jpg
c31 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I would bet that the FBI will be called in. That being said, you can bet that someone will be investigating the shippers, the shipping company, the "pawn shop" and the guys that purchased the stolen machine.

That would be great but it's not reality.
The reality is society will be lucky if anyone is punished in any way for the crime and the OP might get his game back in a timely manner. It's petty crime. Unless you're connected the FBI won't be called or do anything if they are called.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can that be proven?
How many resources can we expect a local police department to expend in this investigation? Should we bring in the Feds?

Well that would all depend I think of the track record of the "pawn shop" and the gents accompanying the shop owner.

The most minor of mistakes have been known to uncover larger events.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

U Ship - like all these "gig economy" companies - has done everything it can to insulate itself from any blame. I doubt they have any legal responsibility in this matter.
I still can't believe someone hired these glorified middlemen to ship a $6,000 pinball machine, but that's another matter altogether. Of all the things to save a few bucks on, shipping a pinball machine isn't one of them.

See we do agree at times.

#254 2 years ago

Thanks to all for the praise and recognition. This was mostly about being in the right place at the right time to get the right thing done. It is my understanding that the machine has already been cleared by the authorities and legit shipping has been set up by tigzzz from the police to him. The prosecutor declined to file charges.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

The prosecutor declined to file charges.

Shocking!

not.gifnot.gif
#256 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I can offer you 50 dollar gift certificate for anything in my store

Thanks for the offer modfather. When the detective showed he asked “ how did you identity this machine as being the stolen machine”? I showed a print out of the flyer and pointed out the mods on the playfield and said is was unlikely that any machine would have the same mods. Then I pointed to the shooter knob and said “ No one else has a knob exactly like that one”! I think everyone needs a custom shooter rod from modfather for quick visual identification of stolen machines . If you have a clone of the one from the machine I would take it as a reward or I have a Godzilla coming in maybe a custom Godzilla egg with rippling.

#257 2 years ago

Yeah, this all worked out great. Thanks again and great work, Isaac / ripple !

Yeah, Isaac sent me a picture that he was sent of the game. I mean, who the heck lifts up a back box halfway up to show that the game "turns on" during a legit pinball sale!!

I could tell by what I could see on the playfield that it included the all mods that I had made/put in it and Isaac was good to ask for more pictures. When I saw the pic of the coinbox, it had included a few extras that I had originally put in there for the OP (Rick)...some complimentary rubber stoppers, some of the Pinmonk gels still in their package that I had not installed, as well as some dome covers in factory bags that I had not changed out yet. It all matched up!!!

At that point, I knew that that was the game.

I was the third owner of that game and after speaking with isaac, a couple days before these dudes were going to arrive, I spent much of the afternoon on the phone ultimately getting back to the original owner (who actually runs an arcade about 3 hours from my house). Turns out, it really wasn't even his, as much as it was his friends that also works at that arcade. But it just so happens that this arcade owner is fairly diligent with his paperwork and when I reached out to him, he was actually able to not only pull out a picture of the back of the game with its serial number, but he also still had the original warranty! Let's hear it for DreamTR (thanks again, Jason!).

Once we had that serial number, I was able to give it to the OP (Rick), and from there, the police were able to get that into the police report. That was a key move, because having that serial number in the official police report gave the Boise Idaho cops (where Isaac lives) the right to hold the machine.

I spoke with the Boise Idaho detectives the following day after the game was secured at the Boise Idaho Police station and gave them the official bill of sale that had associated documentation stating that this was money from Rick to me for the TMNT pinball machine. That was all the detective needed to work with Rick to get the game back to him. Got a text from OP/Rick yesterday...sounds like they have already released the machine and he has already spoken with Michelle at STI/CRST to get the game delivered to his house!!!

Unbelievable.
I've been calling it "CSI:Boise Idaho", haha

Awesome job everyone!!!!!!!!
-Chip

#258 2 years ago

I cannot get enough of this story. Great job all around of finding and identifying the stolen TMNT.

#259 2 years ago

F*cking legend.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yeah, Isaac sent me a picture that he was sent of the game. I mean, who the heck lifts up a back box halfway up to show that the game "turns on" during a legit pinball sale!!
I could tell by what I could see on the playfield that it included the all mods that I had made/put in it and Isaac was good to ask for more pictures. When I saw the pic of the coinbox, it had included a few extras that I had originally put in there for the OP (Rick)...some complimentary rubber stoppers, some of the Pinmonk gels still in their package that I had not installed, as well as some dome covers in factory bags that I had not changed out yet. It all matched up!!!
I was the third owner of that game and after speaking with isaac, a couple days before these dudes were going to arrive, I spent much of the afternoon on the phone ultimately getting back to the original owner (who actually runs an arcade about 3 hours from my house). Turns out, it really wasn't even his, as much as it was his friends that also works at that arcade. But it just so happens that this arcade owner is fairly diligent with his paperwork and when I reached out to him, he was actually able to not only pull out a picture of the back of the game with its serial number, but he also still had the original warranty! Let's hear it for DreamTR (thanks again, Jason!).
Once we had that serial number, I was able to give it to the OP (Rick), and from there, the police were able to get that into the police report. That was a key move, because having that serial number in the official police report gave the Boise Idaho cops (where Isaac lives) the right to hold the machine.
I spoke with the Boise Idaho detectives the following day after the game was secured at the Boise Idaho Police station and gave them the official bill of sale that had associated documentation stating that this was money from Rick to me for the TMNT pinball machine. That was all the detective needed to work with Rick to get the game back to him. Got a text from OP/Rick yesterday...sounds like they have already released the machine and he has already spoken with Michelle at STI/CRST to get the game delivered to his house!!!
Unbelievable.
-Chip

Jason's a good guy. If you ever are in the Nashville area you gotta check out his arcade game galaxy. Over 150 pins on free play.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can that be proven?
How many resources can we expect a local police department to expend in this investigation? Should we bring in the Feds?

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Unbelievable.
-Chip

Just curious ,did they set up the game for the police to play ?

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

it's evidence why would they set it up for them to play , do they try out the cocaine too

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

it evidence why would they set it up for them to play , do they try out the cocaine too

LMAO

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

it evidence why would they set it up for them to play , do they try out the cocaine too

I’d imagine after watching the bad LT. It just would’ve made an incredible ending to an incredible story that’s all .

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

I think they just licked the game to make sure it was pure, like they always do in the movies.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’d imagine after watching the bad LT. It just would’ve made an incredible ending to an incredible story that’s all .

just having some fun , all good

#268 2 years ago

It’s all about the fun no biggy .

#269 2 years ago

Not that it’s been brought up ,The bad lieutenant (Original with Harvey of course ) would make an interesting pin .

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The bad lieutenant (Original with Harvey of course ) would make an interesting pin .

Just as long as they don't include "little" kitel on it. Seeing that once was too many times! I think that was only in the nc-17 version.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Just as long as they don't include "little" kitel on it. Seeing that once was too many times! I think that was only in the nc-17 version.

Lmfao

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Hence the “turtle”

#273 2 years ago

Seems like the end result is that the "shippers" made off with $300 of the pawn shop's money that is not likely to ever be returned. And the new owner of the machine will likely have to pay again to have the machine shipped out of the police evidence area to his home. That just seems wrong to me on both counts. Someone should be held accountable for theft of stolen property, buying stolen property, or both. But, I guess this is the real world that we live in. Crime pays, like about $300, assuming you don't get caught later on. It is probably a small miracle that ripple was able to identify the machine in the first place. In any event, the new owner will have an interesting story to tell as long as he is in possession of said machine. Probably should write it all down and paste the story somewhere on the machine, assuming he ever actually gets it.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Seems like the end result is that the "shippers" made off with $300 of the pawn shop's money that is not likely to ever be returned. And the new owner of the machine will likely have to pay again to have the machine shipped out of the police evidence area to his home. That just seems wrong to me on both counts. Someone should be held accountable for theft of stolen property, buying stolen property, or both. But, I guess this is the real world that we live in. Crime pays, like about $300, assuming you don't get caught later on. It is probably a small miracle that ripple was able to identify the machine in the first place. In any event, the new owner will have an interesting story to tell as long as he is in possession of said machine. Probably should write it all down and paste the story somewhere on the machine, assuming he ever actually gets it.

It ain’t right but it’s a hell of a lot better than being out a full game. The methheads will end up getting caught eventually.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Seems like the end result is that the "shippers" made off with $300 of the pawn shop's money that is not likely to ever be returned.

Hard to feel too bad for the pawn shop guys, if they're actually in the business they knew what they were doing and that they purchased stolen goods. They've probably done it 1,000 times and lost $300 bucks once.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hard to feel too bad for the pawn shop guys, if they're actually in the business they knew what they were doing and that they purchased stolen goods. They've probably done it 1,000 times and lost $300 bucks once.

I was just more concerned that the thieves actually made off with $300, no matter where it came from. My guess is that they got a lot more than $300 at the pawn shop. The pawn shop people bought a machine that was obviously stolen, so there's that also. I guess my thought is that if the thieves could be apprehended, that $300 could help pay for the cost to ship the machine to the new owner. There must be documentation with Uship and the pawn shop on the money that changed hands from the thieves, so where is the follow up to retrieve that money and other stolen stuff? Surely this is not the end of the story.

#277 2 years ago

Fantastic ending,

You would have to be crazy to ever use U Ship again unless there is some sort of ratings / feed back system you can check before hand, How 2 junkies got in the door is incredible, Be interesting to know how often this actually happens with these U Ship style companies.

#278 2 years ago

""Then I pointed to the shooter knob and said “ No one else has a knob exactly like that one”! I think everyone needs a custom shooter rod from modfather for quick visual identification of stolen machines . If you have a clone of the one from the machine I would take it as a reward or I have a Godzilla coming in maybe a custom Godzilla egg with rippling.

I would be happy to make both mods for you. Kindly send me your shipping info, and I will get it in the mail to you shortly. Chuck

Quoted from ripple:

Thanks for the offer modfather. When the detective showed he asked “ how did you identity this machine as being the stolen machine”? I showed a print out of the flyer and pointed out the mods on the playfield and said is was unlikely that any machine would have the same mods. Then I pointed to the shooter knob and said “ No one else has a knob exactly like that one”! I think everyone needs a custom shooter rod from modfather for quick visual identification of stolen machines . If you have a clone of the one from the machine I would take it as a reward or I have a Godzilla coming in maybe a custom Godzilla egg with rippling.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

""Then I pointed to the shooter knob and said “ No one else has a knob exactly like that one”! I think everyone needs a custom shooter rod from modfather for quick visual identification of stolen machines . If you have a clone of the one from the machine I would take it as a reward or I have a Godzilla coming in maybe a custom Godzilla egg with rippling.
I would be happy to make both mods for you. Kindly send me your shipping info, and I will get it in the mail to you shortly. Chuck

Chuck is such a great guy! If I didn't already have Modfather shooter rods on all my games, this action by him would make me start to order them...

#280 2 years ago

Has this thread been added to the best of pinside thread? I can't seem to find the thread to add it

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

It ain’t right but it’s a hell of a lot better than being out a full game. The methheads will end up getting caught eventually.

That's the best you can hope for in most of these cases. Glad thieves only got $300 and owner got their game back in the end. Not sure you can really blame the pawn shop, though. How would they really know it was stolen? They, like most people, probably had no idea what a pin like that is worth. If this was put up for sale on Craigslist or something for cheap, everyone would be racing over with cash in hand to get it.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Chuck is such a great guy! If I didn't already have Modfather shooter rods on all my games, this action by him would make me start to order them...

I totally agree with this. Too bad my one pin doesn't have a shooter rod or also I would be buying one right now.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Has this thread been added to the best of pinside thread? I can't seem to find the thread to add it

Done

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's the best you can hope for in most of these cases. Glad thieves only got $300 and owner got their game back in the end. Not sure you can really blame the pawn shop, though. How would they really know it was stolen? They, like most people, probably had no idea what a pin like that is worth. If this was put up for sale on Craigslist or something for cheap, everyone would be racing over with cash in hand to get it.

If the pawn shop isn't a licensed pawn shop following federally regulated laws then they are part of the problem for sure. It sounds like a more accurate name for the people selling this pin is a fence. Which is of course illegal but a more accurate description of them.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know for a fact that most police use the items that have been confiscated.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

??????

I work very closely with a PD, and not in a million years would anything confiscated be used, ever.

#287 2 years ago

So do I and can state for a fact that confiscated items get used by law informant for personal and law informant use.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

MV.gifMV.gif
#289 2 years ago

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

So do I and can state for a fact that confiscated items get used by law informant for personal and law informant use.

Interesting.... Must be done by state level.

We do use some confiscated items, but only after they have gone through the long court process for the case they are related to. Typically, by the time the case is settled, the confiscated items are already dated and not of general use.

#291 2 years ago

Yes. Am referencing State Police level. Know of several item that have been used prior to going to trial like tractors that suddenly have 500 hr more hrs on them ...hum. Big screen TV that disappear, jet skis....yes even pinball machines. Tried to track a few down and they just disappeared

#292 2 years ago

I'm curious if the pinball's travel history can be reconstructed.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

Yes. Am referencing State Police level. Know of several item that have been used prior to going to trial like tractors that suddenly have 500 hr more hrs on them ...hum. Big screen TV that disappear, jet skis....yes even pinball machines. Tried to track a few down and they just disappeared

Whatta bout contraband?! You know... booger sugar

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

U Ship - like all these "gig economy" companies - has done everything it can to insulate itself from any blame. I doubt they have any legal responsibility in this matter.
I still can't believe someone hired these glorified middlemen to ship a $6,000 pinball machine, but that's another matter altogether. Of all the things to save a few bucks on, shipping a pinball machine isn't one of them.

U ship is not really an gig economy but more an ebay for shipping. They do not control people who work them the way the uber does.

#295 2 years ago

My impression is these guys are dumbasses who should have known better. The town they are from is in the middle of nowhere population 500 and could not support a real pawn shop. You could see in the background the room was filled with real junk items.
I am guessing the cops expedited the release of the release of the machine because they did not want to store it. I wish they would have told me it would be released the next day. I wouldn’t have stretch wrapped it but they said it could be there for months.

#296 2 years ago

nope. drugs are only used in stings..as far as I know

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

U ship is not really an gig economy but more an ebay for shipping. They do not control people who work them the way the uber does.

How I took that comment was the service sites are selling for gig work, like upworks or fiver or even uber for that matter. It is just a service connecting two parties that like to think they hold no liability when it comes to the quality of service they deliver. Uber doesn't really control their people imo.

#299 2 years ago

@cartert, I call total bullshit on your statements about Law Enforcement using evidence for personal gain. The Officers would lose their jobs and it goes against what they stand for. You have watched to much Reno 911.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

cartert, I call total bullshit on your statements about Law Enforcement using evidence for personal gain. The Officers would lose their jobs and it goes against what they stand for. You have watched to much Reno 911.

I personally know of a few cases, friend of mine dad is retired state police.

Perhaps you should Google about state police seizing cash from people during routine traffic stops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 7,999.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.