(Topic ID: 302909)

Alert! Stolen Pinball TMNT - Update!!! It has been recovered!

By tigzzz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220113_173742 (resized).jpg
20220113_173634 (resized).jpg
20220113_174554 (resized).jpg
a144 (resized).JPG
612EAFF7-1548-4196-ACB1-4B42C50DFC22 (resized).jpeg
MV.gif
not.gif
the_untouchables_-_h_-_1987 (resized).jpg
317D5CED-FE61-4ABA-956D-7A15D96A48DA (resized).jpeg
ripple (resized).jpg
EC0AC98C-79F3-424E-B5A1-AD31D3922EDB (resized).jpeg
20211213_140002 (resized).jpg
c32 (resized).JPG
c30 (resized).jpg
c31 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

By trying to help someone recover stolen property?
MY MISTAKE to see so many coincidences and ask for someone with more knowledge than I to look into it.
I had no idea MY MISTAKE would hurt so many feelings.

Seems like you are the only one with hurt feelings. He just asked to correct your post. Takes 30 seconds and will cover any sort of misunderstanding later on.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

By trying to help someone recover stolen property?
MY MISTAKE to see so many coincidences and ask for someone with more knowledge than I to look into it.
I had no idea MY MISTAKE would hurt so many feelings.

just a minor mistake like the wrong games. details...

#153 2 years ago

Wow if you can't throw completely unfounded and inaccurate accusations of grand theft pinball at other Pinsiders without apologizing and correcting our libel without getting shamed, what CAN you do around here?

This place sux now! It's cancel culture!!!

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow if you can't throw completely unfounded and inaccurate accusations of grand theft pinball at other Pinsiders without apologizing and correcting our libel without getting shamed, what CAN you do around here?
This place sux now! It's cancel culture!!!

I am thinking about cancelling my Amazon Prime video service.....

Rob

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am thinking about cancelling my Amazon Prime video service.....

I'm canceling my membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

#156 2 years ago

damn I just found out this is the TMNT I sold earlier this year. I bought it NIB. sorry this happened to you, really sucks.

#157 2 years ago

I canceled my whine of the month club

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

damn I just found out this is the TMNT I sold earlier this year. I bought it NIB. sorry this happened to you, really sucks.

If you have any original paperwork with serial number. That would help the op greatly. Really don't see any way to prove the game was his without it.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If you have any original paperwork with serial number. That would help the op greatly. Really don't see any way to prove the game was his without it.

his distributor still have that info!

#160 2 years ago

A Christmas miracle has occurred! I owe the pinside community a debt of gratitude. Everybody looking out for this game made it possible so that today the game was taken into police custody. The thief had sold it to what sounds like is basically a pawn shop for $300 and they tried to sell it to Ripple. He contacted me and we determined it was indeed my pin. He set up a police sting and they recovered the pinball today! I was told it would take months to sort out and get my pin from the police, but at least it has been found and it is in police custody. Again, thank you to everybody that helped with this and especially ripple! You guys are amazing and it is really awesome to know that this community had my back. The police in Tennessee and Colorado basically had told me I would never see the pinball again and I had lost hope. Between the Police in Idaho and Ripple I should be getting my pin back at some point. Still has to get from Idaho to Colorado once they release it and you can bet I will not be using Uship!

#161 2 years ago

Wow! Awesome!

#162 2 years ago

What is Ripple?

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

What is Ripple?

ripple is the pinsider who helped me out with this.

#164 2 years ago

I am a little shocked the police setup a sting on this! No surprise that the methheads only got $300 for it. Just a quick drug money score for them .. Absolutely floored that it was recovered though — that is amazing!!! Very cool!!

#165 2 years ago

Awesome! So happy to hear they found it!

And the thieves are likely meth-heads to steal a nice machine and then sell it for only $300.

#166 2 years ago

I am ripple. I will post all the details when I get a chance. Just coming down from a long day playing detective.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I am ripple. I will post all the details when I get a chance. Just coming down from a long day playing detective.

You are a hero! May many Christmas miracles come your way kind sir.

#168 2 years ago

Recovered in Idaho. Awesome!

#169 2 years ago

Just incredible, can't wait for the story.
A Merry Christmas indeed!

#170 2 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#171 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

A Christmas miracle has occurred! I owe the pinside community a debt of gratitude. Everybody looking out for this game made it possible so that today the game was taken into police custody. The thief had sold it to what sounds like is basically a pawn shop for $300 and they tried to sell it to Ripple. He contacted me and we determined it was indeed my pin. He set up a police sting and they recovered the pinball today! I was told it would take months to sort out and get my pin from the police, but at least it has been found and it is in police custody. Again, thank you to everybody that helped with this and especially ripple! You guys are amazing and it is really awesome to know that this community had my back. The police in Tennessee and Colorado basically had told me I would never see the pinball again and I had lost hope. Between the Police in Idaho and Ripple I should be getting my pin back at some point. Still has to get from Idaho to Colorado once they release it and you can bet I will not be using Uship!

If it was sold to a pawn shop, they should have ID and possibly a fingerprint card on file for the seller (not sure on fingerprint card depending on state laws). For sure they have ID assuming it’s a legit pawn shop that’s following rules. Shit will roll down hill from there.

#172 2 years ago

Great work!

Quoted from ripple:

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If it was sold to a pawn shop, they should have ID and possibly a fingerprint card on file for the seller (not sure on fingerprint card depending on state laws). For sure they have ID assuming it’s a legit pawn shop that’s following rules. Shit will roll down hill from there.

They had to have known it was hot by only offering 300 bucks

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Right? I mean a tmnt pinball google should show them some prices

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Maybe, maybe not.
If they were honest and thought it was stolen they would have tried to do their due diligence before trying to sell it.
OP said the pawn shop was trying to sell it, not find out if it was stolen.
The $300 offer price is certainly risk adverse to say the least.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Not all hero’s wear capes, but you should see if you look wearing one…think shorter Lando cape.

#177 2 years ago

“Pawn shop” was used loosely.. not sure how legit a shop it was.

#178 2 years ago

That’s great news! Obvious that the people that stole it had no clue what to do with it! Way to go ripple!!!

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Please include how much the pawn shop tried to sell it to you for.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Ripple FTW!!!!

#181 2 years ago

Were the transport pair arrested? Do we know?

#182 2 years ago

My heart was sinking as I read this thread. tigzzz it sounds like it might work out for you.
This sounds SO similar to what happened to a good friend lately. He was a co-worker and retired from Calera, AL, to Panama City, FL.
He went with an inexpensive broker with a cheaper price. First red flag. If the mover shows up in a rental, they are not professionals. At least not to me and my stuff! Anyway, they said it would be 3 days for delivery. 8 days later they flipped the truck over about 30 miles from the destination. Truck impounded, the unlicensed driver arrested. Even with that, they somehow got OUT. Used the old COVID exposure excuse for not delivering. Anyway, about two or three weeks later they should up and delivered some of the stuff, and broken at that. There was tons of other stuff missing. This was in August, and it's still not resolved.
He's working with his homeowner's insurance company, since it will cover the loss.
So, on the bright side, it's just a pin, and not a home move.
It really made my day to read your update! Hope it works out quickly. Merry Christmas!

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

What is Ripple?

Quoted from ripple:

I am ripple.

supeRRR (resized).jpgsupeRRR (resized).jpg

#184 2 years ago

Man I like a "good guy wins" story - Thanks!

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#186 2 years ago

this happened to rob anthony a few years back, all three games ended up at the pawn shop too. took forever for them to get it straightened out, but finally did. congrats.

#187 2 years ago

First, great work to all involved!

Just read an article about using AirTags. Apple will alert your phone if someone else’s AirTag is moving with you. The example used was that thieves were putting AirTags on expensive cars and then seeing where they were parked at night. But if the driver had an iPhone, he would be alerted to this and could force it to make a noise to locate and disable. So presuming our thieves had Androids this works, but with an iPhone they’d know. That being said, low odds they could pop the play field and find it. Still worth it as cheap insurance.

Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Every pinball machine should have this $30 add on. amazon.com link »

#188 2 years ago
ripple (resized).jpgripple (resized).jpg
#189 2 years ago

Awesome job Ripple!! Sooo happy for you tigzzz!!

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Awesome job bro, what Pinside is about.

#191 2 years ago

Pretty wild to go through all the work of stealing a pinball machine for a measly $300.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Pretty wild to go through all the work of stealing a pinball machine for a measly $300.

You've obviously never been a crackhead! Let's spend all day salvaging copper scraps just for enough money to get high once, yay!

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You've obviously never been a crackhead! Let's spend all day salvaging copper scraps just for enough money to get high once, yay!

I’m guessing they’ll only get a slap on the wrist anyway.

#196 2 years ago

I cant wait for the entire story!

#197 2 years ago

Would love to know what the pawn shops asking price was...

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:If it was sold to a pawn shop, they should have ID and possibly a fingerprint card on file for the seller (not sure on fingerprint card depending on state laws). For sure they have ID assuming it’s a legit pawn shop that’s following rules. Shit will roll down hill from there.

The case is solved..relax & wait for the conclusion story!

#199 2 years ago

This is awesome news!

#200 2 years ago

Super good news, I'm glad it seems to be working out. I hope the criminal gets a good punishment too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt/page/4?hl=mrcleanhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.