(Topic ID: 302909)

Alert! Stolen Pinball TMNT - Update!!! It has been recovered!

By tigzzz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220113_173742 (resized).jpg
20220113_173634 (resized).jpg
20220113_174554 (resized).jpg
a144 (resized).JPG
612EAFF7-1548-4196-ACB1-4B42C50DFC22 (resized).jpeg
MV.gif
not.gif
the_untouchables_-_h_-_1987 (resized).jpg
317D5CED-FE61-4ABA-956D-7A15D96A48DA (resized).jpeg
ripple (resized).jpg
EC0AC98C-79F3-424E-B5A1-AD31D3922EDB (resized).jpeg
20211213_140002 (resized).jpg
c32 (resized).JPG
c30 (resized).jpg
c31 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

Just be careful if anyone decides to pay them a visit. If they're willing to steal someone else's property, who knows what else they're willing to do.

Also, it might not even be the right person. It could be that the suspect simply used this guy's name.

#102 2 years ago

Wait so you bought another TMNT pro or you sold the TMNT pro that you already have?

Do you have proof that it ever left the sellers?

Something seems strange.

#103 2 years ago

Just to update everyone, the CEO of UShip did reach back to me and I forwarded all the info back to Rick.

UShip can not contact the shipper. The last contact with them was when the shipper informed them that they may have COVID. No answer to calls and the shipper has not returned their calls. They have removed this shipper from the platform and will assist law enforcement if/when they reach out to them.

It sounds like the shipping fees and the maximum $500 ship with confidence fee will be given. They do offer an optional UShip insurance but that was declined so they can't provide any other compensation as they are just a broker between independent shippers and people that need things shipped.

It seems like this couple dropped off the face of the planet. Maybe they are sick and will show up. I hope for the best on a positive resolution.

#104 2 years ago

Thank you for your follow up, and communication with Rick (OP). Very much appreciated!

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thank you for your follow up, and communication with Rick (OP). Very much appreciated!

No problem at all. That is what this community is about... helping each other. I wish there was more that could be done.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Uship might be able to track an IP address if they were dumb enough to not use a VPN.

to someone natted moble ip that moves? and if they are good they may have burner phone.

#107 2 years ago

For what it's worth, here's a link to a U.S. search of all of Craigslist: https://www.searchcraigslist.org/

I'd at least keep an eye out for it. Not having a picture of the S/N will make it hard tho. If you bought it used, maybe you can contact the original buyer and see if he has any pictures?

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Buyer is the OP, and he had organized this shipping and has unfortunately lost his money on this deal.
This link above goes to an individual, but I'm not sure how they relate to this case (while he could have been using an alias, sure, gentlemen's name who came to pick up the game was named "Russell," and I did not pick up on the ladies name that was with him). This fellow linked above is named Brett White and appears to run a freight shipping company out of some town called Michie, Tennessee with a 731 area code. I'm not sure if the OP had any interaction with this company through this Uship site? Otherwise I don't see the relation of this individual, this link, and this particular case.
Maybe OP can state as to whether or not this information is helpful. Maybe he can chime in?
I know that the phone number that the lady was using, who was also present at game pick up was: 1 912-571-1320. 912 is a southeast Georgia area code, per Google search...but goodness knows where either of them are originally from...

You are able to do a reverse telephone search on certain websites. I searched for the PTN 9125711320 and came up with these names. Though the data is frequently out of date. It lists addresses and names of relatives as well. These are probably just people who had the same number previously.

Rakesh M Patel Age 46 (Nov 1974) Brunswick, GA
Laurie A Bouchard Age 49 (Oct 1971) Auburn, ME
Niki Desai Age 47 (Jun 1974) Orlando, FL

Maybe a slight chance that OP may recognize a name.

#109 2 years ago

D4DC7E7B-368D-4ADA-9163-B2AE877FE992 (resized).jpegD4DC7E7B-368D-4ADA-9163-B2AE877FE992 (resized).jpeg

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Wait so you bought another TMNT pro or you sold the TMNT pro that you already have?
Do you have proof that it ever left the sellers?
Something seems strange.

Both the seller and shipper have indicated that it was picked up. I don't actually have any proof that it left the seller, but I don't have any reason to believe the seller is at issue.

Yes I bought another TMNT. I sold my other one a few months ago and immediately regretted it. So when I saw this nice one I bought it.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

You are able to do a reverse telephone search on certain websites. I searched for the PTN 9125711320 and came up with these names. Though the data is frequently out of date. It lists addresses and names of relatives as well. These are probably just people who had the same number previously.
Rakesh M Patel Age 46 (Nov 1974) Brunswick, GA
Laurie A Bouchard Age 49 (Oct 1971) Auburn, ME
Niki Desai Age 47 (Jun 1974) Orlando, FL
Maybe a slight chance that OP may recognize a name.

Thank you for the lookup, but none of the names match up and so I think it is old news.

#112 2 years ago

Any chance this is it? Profile is locked down pretty well

I removed sellers name, but have a copy saved wihh it included.
Thoight there was some mention of the game going through Georgia, but not seeing it now

Screenshot_20211029-145919_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211029-145919_Chrome (resized).jpg
#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Thoight there was some mention of the game going through Georgia, but not seeing it now [quoted image]

I saw that but don't think so unless they removed a lot of mods and sideart.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Thoight there was some mention of the game going through Georgia, but not seeing it now [quoted image]

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I saw that but don't think so unless they removed a lot of mods and sideart.

Plus I sort of doubt the crooks would know all that info listed in the ad. i.e. Titan rubbers, quiet fan mod, Cliffy's, etc. More likely it's just a 'pinball machine' if it goes up for sale on FB or Craigslist.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Someone should pay this guy a visit...I can just picture it now-Knock knock-door opens-'Hello Brett I am with the Pinside Price Police and I understand that you have a TMNT game that needs to be returned to the shipper and I am here to pick it up.'
-Then a blank stare comes from his face in disbelief. 'We can do this the easy way or the hard way?'

Sorry I know stupid internet memes aren’t helpful, I hope you get a successful resolution

A3B3A490-F38F-42D1-96A4-21B0FDBD4A70 (resized).jpegA3B3A490-F38F-42D1-96A4-21B0FDBD4A70 (resized).jpeg
#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I know (of) that person. He's a respected member of the pinball community here in the Atlanta area, so I don't think he's your guy...

#117 2 years ago

Sorry to hear about all of this, certainly hope there is a resolution and/or you get reimbursed. On a side note I wish I had known you wanted a tmnt, I have one, would have traded for your maiden plus cash in a heartbeat or sold.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Sorry to hear about all of this, certainly hope there is a resolution and/or you get reimbursed. On a side note I wish I had known you wanted a tmnt, I have one, would have traded for your maiden plus cash in a heartbeat or sold.

Still not selling Maiden, but might be looking to buy the TMNT again. It really doesn't seem like I will be able to recover the one I just bought

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

Still not selling Maiden, but might be looking to buy the TMNT again. It really doesn't seem like I will be able to recover the one I just bought

Oh I just thought I saw an ad for it at one point.
I have been looking at any tmnt ads nationwide and trying to see any connections. I would figure it wouldn’t be the easiest thing to sell right now if you didn’t know much about how to break down and move a game properly. Maybe they did get sick and the truck is just stuck somewhere(hopefully).

#120 2 years ago

Might be at a pawn shop..Sounds like they were meth heads..

#121 2 years ago

Any update?

#122 2 years ago

Nothing...Crickets from the authorities.

#123 2 years ago

Bummer. I’ll keep an eye out.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Might be at a pawn shop..Sounds like they were meth heads..

My guess is. They will play it for a week or two then off to a pawn shop or try to sell to someone they know.

#125 2 years ago

So Uship doesn't collect any kind of ID or Driver license from their "trusted network of carriers" ?

It's crazy, one thing for sure is no one should use their service. Time to go blast their social network page.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My guess is. They will play it for a week or two then off to a pawn shop or try to sell to someone they know.

Actually if they are meth heads they will trade it for a bag of weed or use it for target practice.

Why you ask? They are meth heads...

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

o Uship doesn't collect any kind of ID or Driver license from their "trusted network of carriers" ?

I assume they would only give that info to law enforcement and not private parties.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I assume they would only give that info to law enforcement and not private parties.

I wouldn't expect them to give it to private parties, but I would hope they try to contact these people, send them letters, try and scare them, do a bit more than giving 500$ and saying sorry we can"t do anything. I find their behavior to be very light especially when they claim they specialize in big expensive objects.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Actually if they are meth heads they will trade it for a bag of weed or use it for target practice.
Why you ask? They are meth heads...

Tannerite incoming

3 weeks later
#130 2 years ago

I have no leads yet and police don't seem to be doing anything. I would like to offer a reward to anybody that has (or finds) information that leads to the recovery of this game. I will pay $1000 cash if the game is recovered. I would also like to put it out there that I still want this game and if anybody is thinking of selling one for reasonable prices please let me know.

#131 2 years ago

Has u ship released the shippers name, address, photo ID? If not file a lawsuit and supeona it. Go find them!

#132 2 years ago

Be sure to tell any local operators you know. I assisted a friend in a search for a stolen machine I posted about on Pinside that ended up legless in a back yard. The eventual “owners” looked into repairing it, called a local op, he noticed it matched the description of the stolen machine and helped recover it.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Be sure to tell any local operators you know.

Makes sense, but in this case they were likely not locals.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Has u ship released the shippers name, address, photo ID? If not file a lawsuit and supeona it. Go find them!

I have the name and phone number from Uship, but they haven't given me any more info. I think they only release that to the police and as far as I know the police haven't requested it.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

I have the name and phone number from Uship, but they haven't given me any more info. I think they only release that to the police and as far as I know the police haven't requested it.

Call Uship, get that CEO back on the line and tell them you will be contacting the local media, then filing a lawsuit.

#136 2 years ago

Hmmm, requires some investigating?:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125703

New member, shit ton of new pins... a TMNT...

Sorry folk, I don't believe in coincidence.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

BRO IS ON TO SOMETHING HERE

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Looks like he's selling a LE though and the op reported a Pro being stolen.

#139 2 years ago

Prefers local pickup but has it all wrapped up already, weird.

However, the stolen one was a Pro...

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

I just wanted to post an alert that I recently had a TMNT pro stolen in transit. The shipper picked it up and it was never delivered. Shipper is Rising Phoenix Transport. booked through Uship.com. The name associated is Brett White. Unfortunately not much else is known. A report was filed with the FBI.
The pinball has quite a few mods and several uninstalled mods were purchased along with it. This might be an easy way to tell because it is likely that the mods would remain uninstalled. Please contact me if you have any leads that might help me recover my pinball. Also please help get the word out there. I really feel like with the help of Pinside it might be possible to track this guy down.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Stolen machine was a pro. That's an LE.

I hope OP gets his machine back and the thieves get their due but that's not it.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Stolen machine was a pro. That's an LE.

Well damn, sure seemed hinky!
Storage unit full if newish pins, new pinsider, stolen pin last seen in TN, this turtles is in TN.
Man, so close.

#142 2 years ago

Some type of flipper all those games wrapped and ready to go

#143 2 years ago

I don't know the TMNT models too well... Can it be confirmed that it's actually an LE by the photo?

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I don't know the TMNT models too well... Can it be confirmed that it's actually an LE by the photo?

It's just a photo of a game in a blanket. Not much to see.

Either way, I very much doubt this is the person/game you're looking for. He seems to be into high-end LE's, not pros. The TMNT LE seems to be connected to a previous ad in the marketplace.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Some type of flipper all those games wrapped and ready to go

It was mentioned that some of the big buyers at the Banning auction were folks getting pins to fill new barcade locations they planned to open, which makes me think their plans fell through in this case.

edit - those pins are REALLY modded, so probably not.

#146 2 years ago

One bit of info that will help distinguish this pin is the shooter nob is a modfather with pink and purple. There are a few other mods, but the Mezel mods Pizzeria Billboard sign on right ramp was broken and repaired. So between the shooter nob and the pizza sign being broken I think that would narrow it down.

233f0a4a60799dd1b2d87ef72174d5645b5ded17 (resized).jpg233f0a4a60799dd1b2d87ef72174d5645b5ded17 (resized).jpg

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Just likes to pull out the pitchforks with no evidence.

#148 2 years ago

I doubt its the TMNT you guys listed above (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125703) as I just bought a GOTG LE from that seller. Haven't received it yet its enroute, but I think hes legit.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well damn, sure seemed hinky!
Storage unit full if newish pins, new pinsider, stolen pin last seen in TN, this turtles is in TN.
Man, so close.

You should go back and clarify you made a mistake in your earlier post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt/page/3#post-6647672

#150 2 years ago

By trying to help someone recover stolen property?

MY MISTAKE to see so many coincidences and ask for someone with more knowledge than I to look into it.

I had no idea MY MISTAKE would hurt so many feelings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 16.00
$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt/page/3?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.