Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpeg
    tempting fate (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 11.13.49 PM (resized).png
    bostonpinball (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I won't disagree with you on the overpopulation statement. But I am not willing to commit suicide to save the planet.
    China's policy was the one-child policy. It has not worked out all that good. In China, there is a very big thing of having a son. If the baby was a girl, it would not be around long. Infanticide was practiced so couple would have a boy. And now, there are not enough girls to go around for all the guys.
    The worse, IMO, about this policy is if an "unallowed" baby was born there was no documentation, no birth certificate. Basically, it like that person does not exist.
    https://www.britannica.com/story/the-effects-of-chinas-one-child-policy

Yeah the one-child screwed them hard.
    If you want to see how great encouraging "limited reproduction" is, take a look at India. I believe woman are outnumbered 10 to 1 in India, infanticide is still rampant and obviously rape and sex crimes are astronomical. Birthrates here in the US are already extremely low, only 1.3 children on average, so don't worry about us overpopulating, it won't happen.
    The issue over perceived crowding and overpopulation in the US is thanks to the absolute morons we saw on the beaches in Florida and the same types responsible in New York City where over 80% of the cases in NYS are. People are packing in like caged animals and loving it for some reason. The urban density just caused this to explode.

Side note: If this is what our urban cities are facing, just stop and consider how magically China was able to stop this disease overnight, despite the incubation period of 2 weeks causing new cases to appear well after forced quarantines.
    People get pissy and I get downvoted to hell, but if you have a brain and aren't a science denier then it's painfully obvious what's going on...
    Don't believe everything the TV feeds you

To remain on topic: No, I see lots of folks clearing out uncommon, hard-to-find projects that RARELY come up for sale, but prices are still within market value. Once this drags into July, then you're gonna see the bottom really fall out.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation warning: this thread is about sale prices, not overpopulation or child policy. Try to keep it on topic, thanks.

When people start selling TWD's for 3k then I'll agree the market's whack!
    Until the ass falls out it's just a sick pipe dream... If prices actually got that cheap then I think buying a machine would be the last thing on our minds!

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

We have had it for a while but they are ratcheting it up even more. I am glad to see it.

Meanwhile New York is entering another month of quarantine

Plus side, I haven’t been stopped by police yet, but my sources tell me they aren’t doing many traffic stops due to the virus.
    I’m glad other states are learning from us and getting strict.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ale-prices-all-over-the-place-and-the-new-normal?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.